How come things today don't feel as genuine as items from the past

How come things today don't feel as genuine as items from the past
The world today feels like everything is fake and nothing is made to be enjoyed aesthetically
Just this pack of Lucky Strikes is more beautiful than a pack of marlboro you get at the gas station today

Have wondered that same thing user.

user have you ever read/seen (((Stephen Kang’s))) The Langoliers? If you have, you would understand. The world we live in is THAT world user. The used up one. That’s why everything is flat cheap and fake here.

Because of planned obsolescence and the Jews.

Everything is made in china or single use cheap plastic shit.
Look at cell phones and cars

lucky strike are disgusting cigarettes

This morning I thought about this.
Ultimately items can mean a lot but YOU have to invest the energy and experiences into it make it unique. Sure my prized bandana is jus another mass produced piece of cloth, but the experiences I have had wearing it have made it priceless and unique.

The problem is our culture and mass production facilitate a mindset of disposability. You don't buy a bandana as a possession but because you need it for something and only that; whereas a prized possession can be a reflection of your soul.

In sort it's because we live a culture of mass production, but you can still get things that last and make them your own.

>tfw running out of quality Finnish Bear Grease, never to be replaced.

undesired result of industry, don't complain about keep pushing it till we're starting over on 1000 different planets, that way you can rest assured your offspring will get to experience the wonders of creating civilizations and living in other non used up worlds

i have took up the pipe(tabacoo not crack) kek and it's pretty cool. i like to pretend i'm in the hobbit movie.

back in the days everything from cars to home appliances were made from steel and iron
now everything is beta male plastics
wood is all chip filter plastic

Capitalism needs consumer that's why. The more you consume the better.

i have the compass and the analog watch, no zippo right now.

doesn't make me hack like cigarettes either.

Lucky strikes packs in the US havent changed much. In other places like here in mexico or yurop there literaly 100% different

Buy quality over quantity . I do that with clothes because fast fashion is a cancerous industry

You can still buy lucky strikes bro, soft pack unfiltered too, but if your going that route amspirts unfiltered are the best

Things are designed to break sooner now so the Jews get more shekels. Also that house your boomer grampa has, he got it through introducing cost-cutting measures to his company. Now things are just not shitty enough to fall apart before the warranty.

Langoliers was made into a TV mini series. Very comfy. Back before Stephen Kang went full faggot SJW

Pipe tobacco smells absolutely wonderful. I like cigars as well but they stink terribly.

I got a giant can of Prince Albert a while back, which was the same brand my grandfather smoked when he was a young man.

theres a mini series?, oh you mean the movie, yeah it was cool. i think the stand should have been a blockbuster. but they went with b grade.

because most people don't demand or even know the difference between good and bad quality, also because there was more time and less clip art available back then. also because making the towels thinner is easier than raising the price when there is negative real wage growth

I've been thinking of a pipe since a shop near me sells really great quality tobacco in a plethora of different flavors
Cigarettes kind of give me a headache if I smoke more than half of one and I don't smoke them fast enough to go through an entire pack without it going stale
How does pipe smoking compare?
I pretty much only crave smoking when I'm studying all day and want to take a break

well it's a lot better than smokes.

take a puff your good for a long time. without constant cigarettes.

It's pretty simple.

The cheaper you can make something the better margin you can make on it. The customer can buy more items with the same amount of money.

You would be kinda bummed if you lost that $20 tobacco pouch handcrafted by artisans.

pipes aren't mobile thats the only thing wrong with them, you can't ride down the rode smoking on a pipe like you can a cigarette.

Came here to say this. Its the bottom line that drives mass production. Or to be more exact, corporations. Small businesses produce unique and long last products to compete with many other small businesses. Corporations usually have 0-2 competitors using mass production to undercut each other. This is where such ideas as planned obsolescence and planned failure comes from.

The rise of advertising
People learned that you could essentially coerce people into buying thing with images so anything that conveys simple aesthetics is wasting an opportunity to gouge someone

Just go compare a car of today to that of one built 10 years ago, like a chevy for example, they are literally cutting corners to save money and to increase their profits by using cheap material. You see this everywhere, to cars, to colognes where they use cheaper ingredients. My major is manufacturing technology and we talk about this all the time. Sometimes they are even engineered to fail.

If you look at demmings 14 points, you will see that a lot of manufactures have gone the opposite way, and that's all because of profit.

Create constancy of purpose for improving products and services.
Adopt the new philosophy.
Cease dependence on inspection to achieve quality.
End the practice of awarding business on price alone; instead, minimize total cost by working with a single supplier.
Improve constantly and forever every process for planning, production and service.
Institute training on the job.
Adopt and institute leadership.
Drive out fear.
Break down barriers between staff areas.
Eliminate slogans, exhortations and targets for the workforce.
Eliminate numerical quotas for the workforce and numerical goals for management.
Remove barriers that rob people of pride of workmanship, and eliminate the annual rating or merit system.
Institute a vigorous program of education and self-improvement for everyone.
Put everybody in the company to work accomplishing the transformation.

it sure is millenials in here