Did Kennedy steal the 1960 election from the rightful winner, Richard M Nixon?

Did Kennedy steal the 1960 election from the rightful winner, Richard M Nixon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qExWbrNZRcw
goodreads.com/book/show/24945502-the-president-and-the-apprentice
youtube.com/watch?v=mPIVI0CbCmg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes. the first reality TV debates. Kennedy was sexy, built up a cult of personality, and the rest is history.

no. the american people just made the wrong decision. and it's a shame nixon was impeached too because he was in fact a really top notch president, and at least wasn't into all of that "faggy" Bohemian Grove stuff, as he called it.
>youtube.com/watch?v=qExWbrNZRcw

There would be no communists in Cuba if our dick was in charge, that's for sure.

Yes. Cook county and parts of Texas

Stuffed ballot boxes in a few counties cost both of those states. Those two states cost him the election.

Nixon wasn't impeached. He resigned before the trial.

he was a good guy. good president. he didn't take part in all of the globalism power schemes and shit. he was a rogue operator. he was an old school type who did shit on his own with his own crew. if you listen to the NIxon tapes you'll see that i'm not speculating, this is really what he was about.
IMO, he was the last truly "independent" president we had until trump. and the establishment went after HIM the same way they went after Trump.

Yes.

More corpses voted in Cook County than living people

Would he have ever entered Vietnam though. Might be a totally different timeline had he entered the white house then.

While Nixon wasn't perfect in some ways he definitely wasn't the monster I was brought up to believe he was.
Boomer propaganda at its finest.

There was a meeting in March of 1960 between Joseph P. Kennedy and the senior Dons who headed the Commission, the Board Of Directors for Organized Crime in the United States.

Figures such as Meyer Lansky and Sam Giancana were, in all likelihood, at that meeting.

Kennedy secured Mob support for his son to wrap up the Democratic Nomination. The fall, 1960, Campaign was expected to be tough, as well.

Nixon could have won that race outright had he closed stronger and not visited every State. There is some circumstantial evidence that Illinois and Texas were both stolen by the Dems, but nothing was conclusive enough for Nixon to challenge the results.

That was something men just didn’t do in 1960.

rec. reading if you're into this stuff.

goodreads.com/book/show/24945502-the-president-and-the-apprentice

it totally destroyed the narrative that Eisenhower and Nixon didn't get along well

fuck man the sad part is that with boomers its not even propaganda, they really believe their bullshit.
boomer logic was basically as follows
>did the news anchors on channel 4, 5 or 7 say it?
>yes?
>then it happened
>no?
>then it didn't happen and anyone who says differently is a conspiracy theorist or a deranged nutjob who we should block out of the community and keep our children away from.
not even a strawman, this was really their mentality. Tom Brokaw, Peter Jennings, Dan Rather or whoever else was in their positions beforehand basically told them all what to think about every. single. thing.

what do you guys think, what would a Nixon presidence have been like? what would he have done with Vietnam, Cuba? Castro allegedly wasn't a commie in the beginning, he only "announced" it in 1961, probably to appeal to the USSR. What was Nixon's attitude towards Castro personally? Could he have formed some sort of a detente with him, perhaps even buying him to some degree? Apparently the US didn't really like Batista either, maybe a solution could've been worked out between the two.

I was alive to watch the Nixon Kennedy debate in realtime. Kennedy licked our Dick in the debate. Nixon was a sweaty motherfucker.

Yea Russia helped with Facebook ads.

Yeah it's really pathetic, one of the worst things is how Nixon is held up as the icon for an evil/corrupt President still to this day. Then growing up politically through GW and Obama while they do equally or even greater wrong things and no one bats an eye, sad desu.

yeah but the only reason it looked that way is because kennedy wore makeup and nixon didn't.
what the fuck is point of "looking better" when you're a faggot who wears makeup?
i see shit like that and i get so pissed off at the american people that they can't see through superficial horseshit.
nixon all the way would have been a better president. he was an old school dude and he really cared about this country. we KNOW he really did care because there are endless hours of tapes of his office being bugged, and he is the only president where we can actually hear every candid conversation he had in the oval office. if he had won you would be looking at possible better situations in both vietnam and cuba. but the american people made a bad decision because they couldn't see past a little bit of faggot makeup.

Yes. Kennedys were tricksters, Daley fiddled in IL and LBJ in Texas. Nixon got shafted. Thats why he screwed over LBJs peace attempt in the 68 election only to do the same thing when in office.

watch with just the audio and nixon destroys kennedy.

There was also more than just 1 debate, our Dick won them all

Nixon's IQ must have been in the 140-160 range.

>one of the worst things is how Nixon is held up as the icon for an evil/corrupt President still to this day.
kind of like another figure from the same time, charles manson, who is held up today as the face of "one of the most brutal mass murderers of all time" and yet he was never even really accused of actually murdering anyone, and there's never really been any evidence presented, ANYWHERE, that he actually had anything to do with any of those murders, even in the sense of ordering other people to do them. but that's what the network news said back then so everyone just chewed it up and it stuck.

he allegedly did get a 143 score when in high school or so

JFK got us into Vietnam, Nixon got us out of Vietnam

JFK made sure the CIA efforts that were working with Belgium in the Congo were sabotaged and the UN would get their way ushering a genocide there

JFK got us into the Cuban nuke crisis by putting nukes in Turkey

JFK was retarded

now someone answer my original question god fucking damnit

I'm not well versed about the whole Vietnam or Cuba shenanigans so please

Yes but Nixon committed treason during his election campaign by sabotaging President Johnson's peace talks. Definitely the worst thing he ever did. A true villain.

on the merits and on the points i know nixon won. the sad thing is that people really don't pay attention to merits and points.
another good example of this, IMO, is ross perot in the 1992 election. he fucking RAPED clinton and bush on the debates on stage. i mean it was public humiliation and they walked off with red raw anuses. clinton was so smooth though. he was so well put together and charismatic. he won that election.

in a lot of ways perot was a proto-trump, and likewise was someone who wasn't owned by donors and the swampy political establishment. i wonder how much better our country would have turned out if he had won rather than the rapist.

Israel and Arab states[edit]
Kennedy firmly believed in the U.S. commitment to Israeli security, but his Middle Eastern policy saw ambitious Pan-Arabic initiatives of Gamal Abdel Nasser. In 1960, Kennedy stated: "Israel will endure and flourish. It is the child of hope and the home of the brave. It can neither be broken by adversity nor demoralized by success. It carries the shield of democracy and it honors the sword of freedom".[19]
Subsequently, as president, Kennedy initiated the creation of security ties with Israel, and he is credited as the founder of the US-Israeli military alliance (which would be continued under subsequent presidents). Kennedy ended the arms embargo that the Eisenhower and Truman administrations had enforced on Israel. Describing the protection of Israel as a moral and national commitment, he was the first to introduce the concept of a 'special relationship' (as he described it to Golda Meir) between the US and Israel.[20]

FUCK JFK

Perot is a lot smarter than Trump.

He couldn't weather the onslaught of garbage media though.

funny too how our society never seems to have much respect for people who self-fund their campaigns. it's really an important thing. shows ideological dedication.

Looking back Perot would have been better than disgraceful Clinton and would have saved our nation a ton of headaches caused by President Clinton and his slimy wife, Hillary.

He did that thing where he dropped out for a while because they were going after his daughter or something, then came back. He lost a lot of momentum and I think that might have cost him the election.

Remember back in the 90's, television was God, and he had the money to buy the TV time. He did, and people liked what they saw. Imagine what could have been with a real Texas businessman running the country during the Internet revolution years. Perot made his money in computer technology.

perot is a genius. i'm a huge trump fan, think he's a great guy, great president, but perot was really something possibly even more special than trump.
supposedly, according to him, his daughter was being threatened by the political establishment, and at one point that caused him to drop out. he prob would have won if he hadn't done that. what's funny though is how people saw him drop out and decided to vote for the people who were doing the threatening rather than the one who was being threatened.

Agreed Ross Perot should have won

The party machine is too strong though. Even Trump figured out in 2000 you can't win unless you're a Republican or a Democrat.

>tfw no Ross esque presidential candidate and comericals

youtube.com/watch?v=mPIVI0CbCmg

Yeah and the other good thing about that is, you know they're not relying on Jewish money to get ahead.

Take Bill Clinton for instance. The man never had a job in his life except for government. When he left the White House he was relatively poor. Your parents were probably wealthier than he was. How did he pay for all of his campaigns? How did Hillary pay for all her campaigns? How are they getting money now?

Bill used to wear a Timex digital watch when he was president and now he's wearing JLC, Panerai, Rolex, you name it.

Makes me sick how he cashed in on being president. George Bush was a fine president and deserved a second term, a real statesman.

>Remember back in the 90's, television was God, and he had the money to buy the TV time. He did, and people liked what they saw.
yeah that was his most genius move. taking out those 30 minute infomercials, with his fucking powerpoint presentations on economics and the federal reserve and shit. it was golden. he was a fucking god omfg. he would have been wonderful for us.
that's why he was a prototrump too. both of them are people who managed to get into establishment politics by unconventional means, generally against the will of the political elites. perot with his self-funded infomercials, trump with his established name and controversial rhetoric that caused a media frenzy. fucking trump basically tricked the MSM that hated him into funding his entire primary campaign. through negative press, yes, but what the MSM didn't know was that they were creating a streisand effect.

i do wish perot would have won because the 90s proved to be pretty crucial turning points. he had the genuine best interest of the nation at heart and our world would be better off today if he had gotten in IMO.

totally golden.

actually its amazing how these powerpoint presentations are still worth watching today. they still hold up and they are still totally relevant. goes to show you how the problems he was discussing never got fixed.

>perot is a genius.
He was. I am an old fag. When he had his infomercials I was like oh my god this dood is brilliant. I was too young to vote though.

Yes he did and it is well documented.

Yeah that was really sad, Perot was similar to Trump in that he was a true outsider who truly believed he could help our nation become even greater.

In 1992, the United States was like a developing country. We had shitty cars, public telephones were a big part of our communication, we were reliant on manufacturing jobs, and everybody used paper and ink still. The computer revolution was just on the cusp of happening.

A key moment in history.

But he had to protect his family first. That means he had principles. I respect that. He would have been a fine president.

Perot had the philosophical fortitude of Ron Paul but wasn't completely uncompromising like Ron Paul. His billions came from building legit businesses too which PRODUCED product. Unlike Trump who made his fortune in real estate speculating which is super fucking jewy of a way to make money. Perot was like everything good about Ron Paul but in a more palatable candidate.

Fucking travesty.

Are we being raided by middle schoolers who only just recently learned about the sixties?

As far as I know, Trump was a real estate developer rather than a speculator. He bought properties, improved them and built on them and then made them more valuable.

I am not saying I am an expert on his business career so I could be wrong.

I think that commercial real estate development is a pretty legitimate way to make money as long as you don't develop stuff like godawful shopping centers.

Trump built some pretty nice stuff, I mean, who wouldn't want to live in Trump Tower in New York?

Real estate speculation is different though, yeah that's a little jewy but, I want to do it anyway once I get enough money.

Wasn't it Nixon who nicked the space program in the 70s and decided to start using shuttles instead?
Ken was a better space-farer

I was born in 1993. Sup Forums is growing old together.

If Kennedy stole the election then it's probably for the best.

If Nixon had won the election, the Vietnam War would have been even worse. Fighting in Vietnam was inevitable, but Nixon would have made it a truly traumatic experience. It was bad enough under Johnson.

And remember, Johnson had most of Congress in his pocket when he was president, but Nixon was more of a Washington outsider. The legislation that was passed in the 60's might not have happened if Kennedy and Johnson were president.

Nixon would never have allowed the immigration act of 1965 to pass.

America would be a far whiter nation.

The space program grew by leaps and bounds under Lyndon Johnson as well as Kennedy. Those two presidents did a lot for US space exploration.

Yes. Kennedy knowingly harped and lied about a 'missile gap' which was a meme. Ike administration briefed JFK that there was no such thing yet JFK kept campaigning with his lie. Democrats, everyone.

Then Kennedy almost destroyed the civilization while in office, yet he was not competent enough to do even that.

The only mystery about his murder is why there allegedly was only one shooter. Should have been thousands of shooters.

It would have been passed by Muskie, Carter, Mondale, or whoever came later...

That's one act that I wish hadn't gotten passed. The gun control act is another one that I don't like.

Congress was packed with liberals in the 60's though. They may even have had enough power to override a veto.

Nixon was the best president the US ever had.
If not for Nixon, you and most of the world would be speaking chinese today

But not a Senate filibuster. This is why Johnson was such a powerful president. He was able to manage the Senate in a way that the Great Society legislation *didn't* get filibustered by the Southern Democrats.

As Senate Majority Leader in the 50's, Johnson was very powerful and this base he had, along with his business connections in Texas, he had overwhelming influence with Congress.

Nixon was a pretty effective chief executive. He signed a lot of important legislation and made a lot of progress foreign policy-wise. He was a crook and did some truly awful things, like sabotaging LBJ's peace talks in order to defeat Hubert Humphrey in the election, but as president he was making a pretty earnest effort to run the country in a pretty moderate-right fashion.

Sam Giancana

>Did Kennedy steal the 1960 election from the rightful winner, Richard M Nixon?

Yes. Nixon knew where and how the election was rigged but was too much of a gentleman to say anything about it.

I actually voted for Perrot.
>just look at this chart I made...

Who lived to regret it.

Nixon shot himself in the foot by doing a televised debate. A Nixon victory in '60 might have been more decisive with respect to the future of the United States than a Goldwater victory in '64.

> IMO, he was the last truly "independent" president we had until trump

Reagan?

what do you think, what would Goldwater's presidency have been like in practice? Suppose Nixon wins a dual presidency and doesn't let Vietnam evolve into the mess it became, could you imagine Goldwater running in 1968 and winning?

Tricky Dick is an American hero. Don't dare imply he killed Kennedy.

Well, he was in Dallas that day.

Nixon was a political pragmatist and so I'm not sure how he would have addressed Vietnam as it developed in the 1960s, before it became massively unpopular. Might have intervened when things came to a head. Whether Goldwater would have gained steam during the Nixon era and to what extent a Nixon predecessor would affect Goldwater viability is questionable.

A Goldwater presidency might have seen far less federal overreach, and perhaps significant rollback of government size and programs contributing to it (see: New Deal entitlements). Might have had far less patience with the deep state excesses, or maybe the mutual hate of communism abroad might have led to him enabling it.

For certain however, both Goldwater and Nixon could have prevented the great society and the 1965 immigration act, though Goldwater reforms might have also prevented the 1970s malaise economy in its entirety.

Perot made his cash using government contracts. He was the Bezos/Fuckerberg of his time, fully connected to the Washington establishment and cashing in on those connections. I refused to vote for him, Clinton or Bush. In the fullness of time, yes, he should have been my choice, but he was nobody's savior. He was just better than the other clowns, like Trump today.

No Nixon lost because he was worried wearing tv makeup would make him a faggot, so he looked like a nervous sweaty creep instead.

Idiot.

You do realize that JFK was the one who go us cemented into Vietnam and Nixon was the one who got us out of it....do you? ...No?

he was impeached
impeached does not mean convicted

>implying Nixon isnt sexy as fuck

i don't care what anyone says, but i say it anyway.

FUCK KENNEDY, he was a very Shitty "President" who stole the Elections from Nixon via massive Voter Fraud like Bush did in 2000. Nixon was a much better President than Kennedy, and if Nixon won in 1960, the Cold War would have ended in the 1970s and the (((Marxist))) infiltration of America would have never happened and the (((Deep State))) would have been finished once and for all.

Nixon did nothing Wrong.

>Ronald "Amnesty" Reagan

Nixon was the greatest president of the last century.
prove me wrong. hint: you're a fag

they didnt understand the power of television yet. Nixon was the more qualified candidate, but kennedy had better charm

do you agree with me?

not with GHWB as his VP

I think kennedy was complex. both a rich spoiled asshole that wasn't a good man. On the other hand he wasn't completly gung ho on war and such. Johnson accelerated the vietnam war.
But we can imagine what would have happened if obama was assasinated in his first term.
People would worship him now.
now obama is sort of 'meh' even with many lefties.

Unironically Russia and the mob got him elected. Khrushchev called him after he got elected and told him he was "his" president.

well......you can prob make the argument either way but no, i don't personally feel this way about reagan. at the very least, whatever independence he had in the beginning of his administration was washed up and lost by the end of it, and Bush Sr was his VP from the start, meaning he paved the way for the Bushes to become a ruling family in the US. no. i don't feel Reagan was really /ourguy/ by the end of it. and then in his second term he granted amnesty, as if to totally cement the fact that he wasn't really with us anymore.

note: i'm too young to actually remember much from the Reagan presidency, i'm just a political nerd who likes to go back and read old newspaper clippings and watch old news programs / presidential debates / ect ect ect. so take my point of view as you will.

I wouldn't be around if Nixon would have been president. Sucks to be you guys

Yes a lot of dead people in Chicago voted for Kennedy, Chicago is also where his dad made his millions on rum running.