What was the point of her character? Lelouch Barry acknowledged her properly compared to C.C. and Kallen

What was the point of her character? Lelouch Barry acknowledged her properly compared to C.C. and Kallen.

Attract the 12 years old girls audience.

Many characters in this, season 2 in particular, exist for the sole purpose of attracting a specific demographic.

Normal girl to contrast with the over-the-topness of the rest of the cast.

*barely

this, if you want to be a 2deep4u faggot you could say that she represented a normal school life for him

>It's a Shirley spills her spaghetti over Lelouch and he doesn't notice or care episode

>it's a redditor posts a SnK image episode

This is a no bully zone.

Not today it isn't.

The world he can never go back to.

>What was the point of her character
To remind Lulu of his Best girl, while due to his path in life he has to commit to an immortal wench instead.

>Liking Shirley over C.C.

One is a pure virgin.
The other cynical used goods.

If Rollo hadn't murdered her she would have joined the Black Knights and been immediately in the inner circle as she knew who Zero was. All her psychological issues relating to his identity and her father's death were resolved at this point. Lelouch would not have gone off on a murder spree due to her death and she likely would have moderated his more over-the-top antics. He may well have become a reasonable emperor with her as one of the empresses.

What could've been...

>liking Shirley over anything
Even Nina was fun in how utterly demented she was.

Truly a waste of space. Needed more Milly.

God damn it now I feel bad again like I did years ago on my rewatch.

Shirley was the only thing that made Lelouch go back to "normal" a lot of the time. Her death made me despise Rollo like everybody else. Then I remember Rollo's death and feel bad again because Rollo was so fucked up.

>Lelouch's Geass not doing anything because Shirley was going to die no matter what

>Rollo using his Geass to save Lelouch even though he knew Lelouch rightfully betrayed him

The scene of Shirley crying in the rain and Lelouch hugging her will never not make me sad as fuck

Proto-Setsuna.

>146906380
who's Barry?

Someone had to die. C.C. literally can't. and Kallen had to stay, because.

If you want a serious answer, she's the named representative of all the ordinary innocent people who got fucked with by Geass.

This.
Everyone hated Rolo but I really feel bad for him when he sacrificed himself. Like fuck, he isn't even your real brother and it was obvious Lelouch was playing Rolo like a damn fiddle but nope, he didn't give a damn
Part of me wanted to believe that the creator killed off Rolo because he was too damn OP with his ZA WARUDO

Im just about to finnish season one, season two or other continuations worth looking?

I can't even say Lelouch is in heaven with Shirley now, since he'd most likely go to hell instead, and he's alive.

To present another humanizing element to Lulu. Sure, he never really recognized her romantically, but he knew how much she cared and he cared for her, too. She's collateral damage, an innocent caught up in Lulu's destruction of the world in order to rebuild it anew.

She was an innocent girl who became a victim of the irresponsible use of Geass by Lelouch as well as Rolo. That was the point.

We don't even know if heaven or hell exist in the world of CG though.

Better question, what was the point of this guy? Did Lelouch even like him? Suzaki had the best friend role and he basically doesn't exist after the first few episodes.

I wish she died much sooner.

R2 is very, very stupid but last episode is great. Akito is just retarded.

R2 has a lot of uneven episodes, but it's wroth sticking with. Akito is more like a regular mecha show. Watchable enough, just not great if you want something exactly like the TV series.

He didn't have a large role he was just part of the circle of friends.

Shirley was second best girl after pic related.

Top five girls ranking here.
CC > Shirely > Cornelia > Euphie > Milly

He is the true winner of CG, got to hang with the cool kids in the end despite doing jack shit

FTFY

Milly > Kallen > Cornelia > Nunally > CC > shit >>> Shirley

Euphemia did nothing wrong

She tried to fuck a dirty eleven.

>tfw you can see the pain on his face as he's gripping his heart, feeling the death coming closer and closer

>is called fucking Rival
>is not Lelouch's rival

Wasted opportunity right there

you missed Euphy between Kallen and Cornelia

After people's lover's are taken for dead for 8 years, people are bound to do stupid things.

lelouch needsed a friend after he lost suzaku.

holy shot . how can someone have such sitchy taste

CG thread??

posting best girl

>What was the point of her character? Lelouch Barry acknowledged her properly compared to C.C. and Kallen.

That was the point.

Dead.

She should've joined

Shirley actually got shit ton of character development though. Her overcoming the death of her father at Zero's hands was a highlight of the series for me, one of the non-"lolitsatweest", but actually decent writing.

But I suppose Lelouche needed more motivation to go full nuclear in S2, and since they already killed off Euphy and C2/Kalen were both off the table, she had to die.

I screamed internally when seeing Shirley dead. I didn't even have any pity to Rollo when he died. "He deserves it".always comes to my mind.

datz sum official material

dey be trollin'

am I the only one who actually thought kallen might actually die?

the show pretty regularly killed off main characters, and the commanders tended to act with caution and restraint, retreating a lot to avoid losses.

I actually thought kallen might die, or she might kill suzaku at some point

I finished this series a few days ago.
I still think season 2 was dogshit. Season 1 was a crescendo of tension, and season 2 just threw everything down the drain without even properly explaining that bullshit about the collective unconscious.

Wouldn't it be funny if this suddenly turned into a lewd C2 thread?

i'm obsessed about her butt

To accept Lelouch whereas Kaguya accepted Zero. If Kaguya hadn't been around, Shirley would have probably formulated her own three court ladies plan.

Also to be a green eyed redhead in a short skirt to make up for Kallen's hypermodesty.