Explain yourselves

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/r407sbC0
aquinasonline.com/Questions/goodevil.html
youtube.com/watch?v=nDK5Z0FAU0s
archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/text/religion strawpoll/
youtube.com/channel/UCjAFO7xz5UotUfIzvd_xXDA/videos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why does God have to be good or loving? He made us for the express purpose of worshipping and amusing him

Faith.

>Why does God have to be good or loving?

He doesn't, however most mainstream religions claim he is. Hence those religions must be wrong

Good would be totally impotent, without the contrast of evil.

Everyone would just be in heaven. And creation would have no value because nothing was lost. The value of health, wealth, etc is in its absence.

You never realize how importance warmth is unless you've felt cold.

You never realize how importance love is without hate or loneliness.

Atheists are just anti intellectual fags or just spiritually retarded. Probably both.

the problem is your definition of all powerful implies the existence of god's ability to create logical impossibilities. Looking at it from the perspective of someone like Leibniz, we can say that god created the most perfect possible world in which humans could have free will, and there were a maximum number of phenomenon for a minimum number of rules of nature. God constantly intervening and making logical impossibilities certainly isn't a perfect world

Unite the right you fucking idiot, not divide

>Muh free will

Please read this when you have time pastebin.com/r407sbC0

If the right is built on a weak foundation like godfaggotry then it's doomed to fail

You have a childs understanding of free will.

Read Descarte you pleb retard.

Not an argument.

Read the link, I bet you'll find it interesting

Free will. Next.

See

Forming light, and preparing darkness, Making peace, and preparing evil, I [am] Jehovah, doing all these things.' Isaiah 45:7

stop trying to put G-d in a box you ignorant goyim

If you believe or not is irrelevant at this point, the fact is we are in constant Holly war against islam, you just have to defend the western culture, being a militant atheist does not help

See See

u lik a little babby. tm 2 educat urself on wut evil is

>Evil is the lack of a good that is due something, and so to understand evil, one has to understand goodness.
>The most universal sense of goodness is the sense in which everything is good, insofar as everything is a being.
>Nothing can be totally evil, for if it exists, it has some share of goodness.
>Absolute evil would be the total lack of good, and so would be the lack of existence, i.e. it would be nothing.

>For Aquinas, God is the cause of things by causing their existence.
>Evil is a privation, i.e. it is the lack of some due perfection or existence in something that already has existence.
>There can be nothing that is "pure evil;" an evil thing is first a thing.
>Consequently it has some existence, and so has some good, of which God is the cause. >Since evil is the lack of existence, God is not the direct, i.e. per se, cause of it; He is the cause of evil only indirectly, i.e. per accidens, insofar as He causes things to exist in which there is found some evil.
aquinasonline.com/Questions/goodevil.html

>evil is the lack of existence

Lmao, I love Aquinas. Did you know he also thinks the magic the Egyptians did is real? Fun guy

I have no mouth but I must scream.

its literally from the book those people base their beliefs on. An omnipotent being would by definition be both extreme good and extreme evil

Evil exists by virtue of crude matter, this world has evil as a result of the limits of creation itself not being perfect. The unblemished spirit is capable of transcending that evil and ascending to a higher plane to commune directly with the creator and not the created.

By reaching into yourself and gaining contact with the divine spark you can ensure the ascendance of that immortal soul from this prison.

Now what?

you smallminded fool.

why would god prevent evil?

this entire bullshit theory of yours rests on the COMPLETE FUCKING ASSUMPTION that god has to be whatever YOU call 'good' or even what you don't call good.

eeeeeeeh wrong.

fuck off faggot

>this entire bullshit theory of yours rests on the COMPLETE FUCKING ASSUMPTION that god has to be whatever YOU call 'good' or even what you don't call good.

See

>Could god have created a universe without these
>Then god is not all powerful

The existence of evil may be a logical prerequisite for some other higher good, to demand otherwise may be humphing at god because it can't create a logical impossibility like a square circle.

Setting impossible standards for omnipotence doesn't seem reasonable

Show me proof that he doesn’t exist athiest faggot.

There is no God but there is a creator.

I think pic related and this video give good explanations:
youtube.com/watch?v=nDK5Z0FAU0s

>The existence of evil may be a logical prerequisite for some other higher good

Now THAT sounds like a square circle.

Evil doesn't exist

Faith is for niggers

Divide and conquer is a jewish trick

About 10% of the world is heaven depending on an accident of birth. Feels good, man.

Stupid chart. Goes to say God prevents evil if God is loving. If God fixes all our problems we are not longer human. He wants humans.
And it's quite that simple.
He wants us to be all the things we are.
He wants heroes. He wants fighters. He wants
the brave. He wants the humble. He wants the
righteous.
If there were no evil and if this place were as heaven then we would be robbed of all these things.
He already has angels. He wanted something more.
And we can only be more in the challenging world we find ourselves. We can only be righteous if faced with evil.
You were not meant to be pampered by God.
You were not meant to be coddled.
These are not Christian stories, and these things are not to expected.

Does it? Is painful surgery a square circle if the end result is a productive life?

Not at all. The existence of natural evils (hunger, thirst, injury) may exist so that we freely choose to act virtuously. The ability to freely choose necessitates that we may also choose to do evil, which is a consistent explanation for the existence of malevolence and vice.
Just read Edward Feser and Thomas Aquinas. Atheism is pleb tier.

Divide and conquer is a jewish trick

Obviously a painless surgery is a higher good than painful surgery, and obviously god would be capable of carrying one out. Can you think of a better example?

>Free will

See

There is no natural evil. There is no evil at all.

Where did you get the idea that God is omni-benevolent?

And Thomas Aquinas was a plagiarist hack who bastardized the superior philosophy of Aristotle.

The logical fallacy that causes your whole algorithm to break down is here.

>Does God want to prevent evil?
>No

God is good. He wants us to be good and gave us the Bible as guidance. He gave us free will, which is also good, but enables us to commit evil. Preventing us from committing evil subverts free will, which is good and therefore subverting it is evil. God is incapable of evil. He defines what is good. Therefore he will not subvert free will. It's up to us to repent and conquer evil. That's what God wants and it's a good thing.

And Sup Forums is a Christian board. See for yourself.

archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/text/religion strawpoll/

you sound lovely, how could anyone not want to be an atheist like you :)

also thank you for the opportunity to witness to a nonbeliever and thank Jesus Christ!

Have you considered that humans are creatures that flourish best when evil is present in the world?
You cannot exist except as you are, if the world did not have evil, you would not exist.

This interpretation is very linear and is directed from an Abrahamian God/Allah.
Simple:
1 - God - Omni
2 - Holy Spirit / Lucifer - Lucifer is the first thing ever created. Genesis 1:3 - And God said, "Let there be Light." Lucifer, the Lightbearer is the first consciousness created.

Lucifer/Satan is the Prince of Darkness
God is the King
God is ALL
We are all
You are God.

note: it's waaaay more complicated than this. Good luck out there.

Its true.
People will argue. And thats their right

Jesus was a big poopy face, and would still be if he were still alive.

>Then gOD is not all-powerful

No Christian believes that God can make a 4-cornered triangle, or make a stone so heavy he couldn't lift it, or make a universe with free will but without evil. Tip harder

I'm not atheist, retard. I just have a better understanding of God than you do because I'm not a christnigger.

Most contemporary religions are based upon jewish tricks, except for the eastern crap.

OPs god diagram could be used for Santa Claus as well. Christian nihilism advocating living for an imaginary place in the sky.

That's because Christian theologians are low IQ and don't understand that God transcends logic.

Your not gaining any traction. We all consider you someone from leftypol or what ever hole you crawled out up attempting to divide the board.

And God blessed his prophet with with digits to show he is with us.

Well that's the limitations of analogy, if you alter the conditions to suit yourself of course they won't work. Just assume for the sake of argument that there was no way to have the surgery without a great deal of short term pain (afterwards, if you like).
My hypothetical objection was that there may be some condition that prevents a higher good from being logically possible without the existence of evil.

Make believe entities does transcend logic.

>We all
Kill yourself. And I guarantee.you have much more in common with leftypol than I do, both of you being low IQ moralfags and all.

God is a PolTard and did it for the lol's.?

the Bible specifically warns that people whose mouths are full of bile and curses are probably not Godly people so I'm gonna not give you the benefit of the doubt on your understanding :)

god created us to defeat evil

if such a condition exists and cannot be changed by the being you worship

why call it god? It's obviously not all powerful and has to abide by rules not of it's own creation.

Sure you could respect it for having accomplished the amazing feat of creating our universe but worship would be going to far, especially because there's no proof any creator entity desires it.

I understand what you are hypothesizing, however I believe it is logically impossible. That's why I'd like a concrete example that holds up to divine criticism, rather than a weak analogy

You can't disprove it as much as they can't prove it, so shut the fuck up about it already

Also this is a logical fallacy too.

>Could God have created a universe with free-will but without evil?
>No

Free will by definition includes the capacity to do evil, so this sentence breaks down into,

>Could God have created a universe with the capacity to do evil but without evil?

That's absurd. Should God have created us without arms, legs, etc? Put us in separate mobile cages that we can only emerge from for the purposes of procreation? Put some kind of inhibitors on speech functions? Because that's the only way to prevent free-will agents doing evil. And besides, prevents free will. Absurd and paradoxical.

This, the reason people think this is because of that stupid mantra "God is love".
No, He isn't. That is limiting to the omnipotence of the Creator Lord God.
God is eternal love, and bottomless hatred.
God is the largest possible, and the smallest infinitesimal.
God is endless bliss, and unrelenting pain.
God is all, God is One.
God is POWER.

Look up the definition of faith. Ill wait.

See

There is a scientific way to prove God exists but very few people are smart enough to understand it. I will just say there is a reason every genius in history and every top scientist "believed" in God

“The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you." - Werner Heisenberg

Without evil there is no good. Yin yang. If we were in a perpetual state of bliss, we wouldn’t be thinking or doing anything.
You have the choice to inject heroin everyday and exist in a perpetual blissful nothingness and eventually die of an overdose...
Most people chose the mixed bag of good and evil instead known as life.

So if I can’t disprove something/argument then all concede it has validity? Must be a British tautology.

so if god has free will god is at least partially evil

why worship it then?

>Without evil there is no good

So, before god created the universe, he was evil? Heaven is evil?

Faith=not wanting to know the truth.

Why would God knowing about evil make Him not all knowing?

Why would God not preventing evil make Him not all powerful? God is beyond us. Humans know God is capable of what we might call "horrible" acts yet still shows us mercy and love. It is unreasonable and shallow to conclude that if God knows about evil but doesn't stop it He is not loving, good, or all powerful.

If the police know a person might commit a crime but they don't arrest him before he does (because he does nothing wrong) are the police evil? That is how stupid and childish these arguments are.

All religions are bastardizations and personification metaphor etc of the one true religion Sun Worship, except Buddhism of course. Religious texts are coded only the adept understand what is really in them, and the exoteric is for the plebs

With a God and metaphysical reality of some sort, all of existence is totally meaningless, and there is no binding reason to be moral, to aspire to anything, or to value anything save arbitrary subjective desire of the individual. Atheism/agnosticism is nihilism and the destruction of society, or rather ceding of it to theists of some sort. If there is no God, why am I bound to care about the alleged "truth" that there is not one? Why am I objectively bound to care about truth?

*Without

easy, evil doesnt exist
you only come close to GOD or go away from him

>infographic refuted over a full millennia
>user posts this anyways

Is this bait?

at least one user here is worthy, go here brother, this is where you will find all the answers
youtube.com/channel/UCjAFO7xz5UotUfIzvd_xXDA/videos

Trust is a better analogy, but sure.

The Bible is a Jewish fairy tale. Prophets and Jewish style revealed religion are bogus.

Its so funny reading christian rhetoric. All those claims have no basis.

i do it for the lulz

>So you must face facts: the world could be a better place, should be a better place, yet it isn't. Therefore, there cannot be any compassionate God to make it so—for if there were, he would have done so already.

Non-sequitur
A few measly decades of life on earth is trivial, statistically insignificant in fact when weighed against an eternity of bliss.

>b-but muh eternal suffering in hell
Hell is not necessarily "eternal suffering", there are many compelling reasons to believe that hell may "just" be the destruction of your otherwise eternal soul. In which case there's no suffering just the death that atheists believe await them anyway. Besides even if it is eternal suffering why do you believe the suffering of wicked people (murderers, rapists, cannibals,etc.) outweighs eternal reward for the just? Are you a communist? Do you think it is immoral for people to benefit from their actions and that all must suffer equally or not at all?

that said all special status's and considerations for religion should be ended

there's no real reason any religious club should have different rights and obligations from say a chess club

sun worship is called naziism nowadays

uh no, the new testament had nothing to do with Jews anyway, in fact it literally said they are the spawn of Satan

>reads next few posts

Yup, more anti-Christian baiting.

They have no more or less basis than the original "argument" you autist.

>Free will by definition includes the capacity to do evil,
Not really. Humans do not have "free will" in an absolute sense anyway. We are limited by the conditions of our existence. It would be perfectly possible for God to create the conditions of existence to also make evil impossible as well, while preserving a freedom of will within that conditioned existence.

Excellent role model.

>Why can't god create a square circle? He's not all-powerful!

Since you understand the general hypothesis I don't think an analogy is necessary.
I can conceive of a set of conditions A that is logically inconsistent with set of conditions B, where B includes an absence of what we call evil. If eternal consciousness is a thing, there's a lot of room for speculation though I can't imagine what reason might be, only that an argument from ignorance is inconclusive at best.

>conditioned existence
>free will

Wew lad

"Yes you can choose option A or option A, you have free will!"