Oyasumi Punpun has been getting English releases since the beginning of the year

Oyasumi Punpun has been getting English releases since the beginning of the year.

Are you buying the volumes and supporting english localizations of good manga?

If not, do you hate everything good in life?

Anime never.

>Are you buying the volumes ?
No

>do you support english localizations of good manga?
Yes

Obviously one of your answers is a lie.

>localizing titles which were already fully scanlated
Why is this allowed?

Because the author doesn't make any money off of people reading fan translations online?

Good

Of course not. Punpun is pure shit. I can't believe I read that garbage to the end.

i don't live in 'Merica but here we got the full serialization years ago
feels good to live in a weeb country

Volume 3 is coming out on the 20th of this month.

I ordered volumes 1-3, pretty excited to re-read it, though it sucks we're only getting a new volume every couple months here.

better than nothing
reading the physical copy is just a whole other feeling compared to digital
or are you buying e-books and the like purely to support the wuthor?

But how much of western sales even get to the author? Feels like there would be too many middlemen involved for it to make a difference to him.

I bought the physical copies, volumes 1-2 get here friday, 3 won't be until a week after it's actually out.

After that, 10 more fucking volumes to go.

Where do you live?
The third and I think last English omnibus volume is coming out in Germany next month.

USA. Volume 3 is on the 20th, and volume 4 is december 20th, so I'm assuming it's going to be the full 13 volumes.

I would if I could, but being a jobless neet doesn't give you much free spending money.

Especially when you spend it all on retro games.

Planning to buy them when they're on sale or fully released.

>Are you buying the volumes and supporting english localizations of good manga?
This question contradicts itself so I can't answer it, sorry.

If my local anime shop gets them in stock and they're fairly priced I may buy a volume since I greatly enjoyed Punpun.

I'll buy stuff when I know japanese

>Oyasumi Punpun has been getting English releases since the beginning of the year.
What the fuck? Each time I visit the book store I do a once over I've never seen it

I've only found them on Amazon.

Still more than nothing.

If you buy the manga, the localizers is more likely to localize stuff and values those rights more

If bigwigs make bank selling licensing rights to Viz or whoever, they'll be far more likely to approve his other projects in the future.

Not to mention the actual dollars

And who doesn't want a physical copy of the stories they love? It's like having a figure that represents the entire story instead of just one character.

Considering that each volume on Amazon ranges from $17 to $20 (Not counting sales or cheaper copies if you can find them), you can say that buying all 13 volumes will cost you roughly $200.

That's like 1 or 2 decent figures price, or 4 kind of cheapo figures.

the omnibus cost around that much and there are going to be around half that amount

But I already bought them all in french like 2 or 3 years ago?

I preordered them all on Amazon early in the year since they don't charge until they ship. Going to re-read the series once I have them all. I'm interested to see how the translations compare.

English translations by actual companies are fucking horrible. They don't get paid enough to spend enough time on individual pages like hobbyists do. Even if the translation isn't atrocious the typesetting is garbage and rushed. I would rather use kanji tomo and figure it out myself.