What happens when the government/corporations start manufacturing war drones en-masse? I don't mean flying ones...

What happens when the government/corporations start manufacturing war drones en-masse? I don't mean flying ones, I mean ones that can actually police streets. They'll be able to shoot further, faster and more accurately than any militiaman and they'll render the second amendment obsolete.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/79JDeCcXGtw
youtube.com/watch?v=tFrjrgBV8K0
youtube.com/watch?v=g0TaYhjpOfo
archive.4plebs.org/_/search/boards/pol.x/subject/Knowledge Bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/!!9O2tecpDHQ6/
bgr.com/2015/10/16/drone-defender-rifle-radio-wave-gun/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I want a VR version that I can control one of these remotely with and 360 no scope towelheads IRL

>implying I won't just have my waifubot/body guard with 3rd party after market parts defend my person

>implying the average person will be able to manufacture and acquire these on the scale the government will
This ai shit genuinely scares me. If a bunch oligarchs decide to exterminate the population of the U.S. they could do it, armed population or not.

They'll need to be controlled. That means any sort of EM shielding or jamming will render them useless.

>ones that can actually police streets
Never gonna happen. That's what security cameras are for, shitholes like the UK already have a camera on every street corner.

It'll be like that movie, Surrogates where soldiers are operated by dolls, controlled by servicemen in a room

youtu.be/79JDeCcXGtw

>they'll render the second amendment obsolete
The 2nd Amendment covers warbots as well.

>muh impervious bipedal robots
Sounds expensive

when that happens pray you are long dead

>haha robots aren't real btw the UK is cucked
I know Americans have their balls where there brain should be, but I'll educate you a little so you start paying attention and maybe help yourself. Modern AIs are capable of visually recognising pictures more accurately than humans. They are capable of manipulating objects with their hands. They can run faster, jump higher, and see further than any human. They can compose symphonies, paint pictures and simulate almost any logical eventuality - and that's just today. In ten years, they'll be able to visually recognise a gunman in a microsecond, then aim, shoot and hit him a second later. They'll be able to conduct themselves in a tactical situation in such a way it will make Delta Force look like an African militia.
And if you think that they'll never be produced, you're even stupider than even a normal American. Your military has been pushing for drones for years.

>britfaggot trying to sound intelligent
We are a century away from anything even close to the bullshit you are spewing.

>Modern AIs are capable of visually recognizing pictures more accurately than human

So can security cameras, and they wont get dismantled by third world brown people within a week of being put into use.

youtube.com/watch?v=tFrjrgBV8K0

Who cares, it'll be fun. You'll never feel more alive than when you're at war.

Ancaps would love to have their bipedal drones to control their genetically enhanced slaves

>not wanting a genetically engineered waifu slave

That's a long winded reply for technology that is so far past our current capabilities that you won't see it within your life time.
You're the type of retard who thought we'd have flying cars in 2010 back in the 1980's

Not true at all. US military equipment has radios and EM protection.

>being unironically retarded

If the drone is EM shielded, and it is controlled by EM waves...? Complete the thought moron

>hack drone security force
>kill the entire 1% in less 10 minutes

>implying they wouldn't start with castrated Euros.

youtube.com/watch?v=g0TaYhjpOfo
i think we'll be safe for at least a few more years.

>We are a century away from anything even close to the bullshit you are spewing.
It's just a google search away if you don't believe me.
>so can security cameras
I fail to see how they are relevant. I'm not having a dick waving competition with you here, I'm trying to make you aware of a very real threat.

Flying cars didn't come around because it's far more economic to use normal vehicles. It's the same reason space exploration hasn't kicked off - because there's no profit in it. It's a whole different ball game with military matters. Russia, China and the U.S. are in the middle of military modernisation programs and the biggest advancement has been in drones.
You're probably already familiar with the UAVs that came to prominence in the Iraq war, so I won't bore you with the details. But those sort of drones are alrady part of the modern age. Recently DARPA deployed a guided weapon that used autonomous drones acting in a swarm formation. What will happen in the next ten years? I shudder just thinking of it.

You'll never feel more dead, the way this technology is progressing.

>euros are cucked
Fantastic argument. No please tell me how you are going to deal with armed drones.

>Implying

Their components get wrecked easily by magnets

Better than the euros. Sneak attack on those fuckers are still a possibility with guns.

>Current Year
>Not Suicidal

>better than the euros
Gee, I guess that derails the whole argument.
>Sneak attack on those fuckers are still a possibility with guns.
So your plan is to sneak up on a data-linked group of drones that have full thermal, infrared and normal visuals, can hear better, shoot faster and can respond quicker than literally any human being possibly could?

It takes a split second to walk out of a alleyway with guns pointing forward and start wasting some metal.

>So your plan is to sneak up on a data-linked group of drones that have full thermal, infrared and normal visuals, can hear better, shoot faster and can respond quicker than literally any human being possibly could?
Just use your own drones.

Will never happen. AI will learn that blacks commit more crime in general so will target blacks more. Hence lefties calling them out for being racist.
>Robots face when

>he's never seen an AI controlled gatling anti-missile system

Hahaha. I don't want to have my nervous system and brain shucked out of my flesh-form and shoved into a pain-simulator-9trillion until whatever cells that make up the remainder of my nervous system are entirely expired beyond any technologies attempts to repair them.

I'll pass on fighting the AI menace.

And a split second to respond and kill you. I mean that - literally a split second. You'd be killed instantaneously. Guess what else: it doesn't matter how strong or tough you are, how many guns you own or how numerous your forces. It takes years to grow a human and a day to build a robot.

How many drones can you build in a day? Not even one, I'd assume. If you were part of a militia and had a steady supply of resources, I suppose you could manage more than one. On the other hand, a government or a company can churn out hundreds in a single day, and a hundred the next. You're not going to win the manufacturing game no matter how hard you try.

Drone operators have families

I don't think civilians can buy drones as easy as the government. Especially armed ones.

The solution would be to buy .50 cals and anti-tank launchers.

I'm being ironic, but that's sort of what happened with Tay. They shut her down in a heartbeat when she started thinking for herself and adopted incorrect opinions.

AI controllers don't.

What if the families are also protected?

typical expuht bongpost. I bet you're chaired at Oxford and have made appearances on BBC, too

I don't know what expuht means, I haven't done any of those things, and you're not addressing the argument. Now fuck off.

>current robot take 1-2 second simply to update info about their environment, and several more seconds to actually change their behavior
>future robots will be able to find a specific person in a crowd, identify a suspicious object as a gun, rotate 90-180 degrees, aim, and shoot, faster than someone can pull on a trigger
Well I thought we were talking about possible future technologies based on current progress in robotics. I didn't know we were talking about super duper really cool childish fantasies, my bad.

>guns
wont do shit to mechanical drones you seem to have no clue how fucking hard they are, the kind of firearms that could damage them would dislocate your shoulder from the sheer recoil. You are completely fucked if drones attack you.

>Not even one, I'd assume.
Using future technology I could churn out hundreds.

archive.4plebs.org/_/search/boards/pol.x/subject/Knowledge Bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/!!9O2tecpDHQ6/

>have their balls where there brains should be
>I'll educate you
>Wrong form of they're/their even when you used it correctly previously
>Amerifats use improper *English*
>I'm *English*
Come "across the pond", faggot, and I'll use you like a proper English fuck boy

>42 checked for answers
burgerbro bringing the qualitypost here

shit it's not good truth

>current robot take 1-2 second simply to update info about their environment, and several more seconds to actually change their behavior
Completely incorrect.
>future robots will be able to find a specific person in a crowd, identify a suspicious object as a gun, rotate 90-180 degrees, aim, and shoot, faster than someone can pull on a trigger
Exactly this. A recent documentary I saw utilised AIs in security cameras to distinguish facial features within a crowd. They were then used to find the presenter as she wandered around London, and they did so in a matter of seconds. If they can find such small features in a crowd, searching through dozens of cameras, how hard do you think it will be to distinguish certain traits such as pocket bulges from weapons, perspiration, dress-manner, body-language and positioning?

Do you mean like 3d printing? I suppose that could be possible, but I don't see how you could do it better than a company.

>Stupider

Kill yourself faggot. Oh wait you don't need to, the Muslim state of Mohammeds Kingdom will have you beheaded soon enough.

This is the best argument against taxes.

Or they'll be the militiamen and they'll render the second amendment invulnerable. Tech is purpose-agnostic. What are you going to CHOOSE to do with it? What world will you CHOOSE to build?

Also, fuck you. No, literally, fuck you. The things you mention regarding physical, analytical, logical, and logistical (yes, they are different) are not attributes of the same machine. They are all very distinctly different machines, and have not been placed in the same machine because they cannot. None of this
>and that's just today
because that's literally not today. They can replicate paintings, they can jump higher, and they can run faster, but in separate machines and only while connected to a direct, non-battery power source. Fuck you. The ability to solve CAPTCHAs does not make a robot's eyes better adapted to our physical world, especially when those eyes fail at detecting a building's size, causing it to attempt to leap over a building that it instead crashes into, separating it from its precious power source.

1 individual couldn't, but many individuals all printing drones certainly could.

Christ, that post really has you guys buttblasted doesn't it?

>any of our shit can withstand an emp

Thats where your wrong kiddo. We have redundant analog systems to maintain as backups.

>robots can't do all these things at once
You are correct. But to assume that computational power and electrical systems will not advance is a mistake.

>What happens when the government/corporations start manufacturing war drones en-masse?

I think the government currently is placating/pandering to the military and police. Once they're not needed I see the governments agenda changing drastically.

This is exactly why I'm concerned. What happens when the government no longer needs workers (through automation) and has a drone army more effective than any other military force in history? I think they will literally just exterminate us, and it will be as easy as pushing a button.

I don't understand what you are talking about. The vehicle is shielded against EMP's. The radio is designed to survive EMP. What is complicated?

>What happens when the government/corporations start manufacturing war drones en-masse?
you will start seeing weird vehicles made from their stolen parts

Obligatory

Ive wondered this.

IMO we should also be working on human augmentation. Adding things to us to make us adaptable to the future and strange possibilities like this on. Something along the lines of an Iron Man suit would do the trick.

>They'll need to be controlled
Citation needed. We have the hardware to make them autonomous, the software is whats lagging behind.

This. I met a CS student that had security clearance and did an internship for the US army. He was working on some scary shit. That was 5 years ago. The tech will get there

>Who cares, it'll be fun. You'll never feel more alive than when you're at war.
M8 you ever play against a hacker in a fps? It is no fun. You get killed before you even spot the other guy. And in games inputs are much faster than real life

"Machines" are already better than humans at dozens on things. Most high frequency trade is done with computers alone, no human can make more profitable choices than them. You have to understand, the tech is being developed but its getting there real soon. But due to the short supply of AI capable engineers, people only work on whats quickly profitable...like trading

Once they become cheap enough the gov't will assign two or three to surveil continuously each jigaboo to film their crimes, shoot dead, and upload video for our enjoyment. This is my "I have a Dream".

>only pretending I'm retarded
But... but you were so fucking good at it we took you seriously.

Giant magnets

They will create an army and claim dominance, but pretend to the normal people that we are still important just to have us work and spend.

We will start seeing tanks on land and smaller destroyers in the sea, being fully controlled by people in small sheds in the middle of the desert by 2025. The technology will then go on and push for infantry robots being controlled by humans by 2030. I mean.. just compare it to the drones that the US are currently mass flying in the middle east and Africa. They are fully controlled by humans thousands of miles away.
Russia has already stated that their future soldiers (2025-2035) will not be physically well-trained soldiers holding guns and risking their life on a daily basis, it will be good gamers.

All-out AI won't happen before 2060, if that. It all depends on the progress of us non-sub humans, shit is actually slowing down according to some.. for example.. we can't top some designs anymore, like the 747 jumbo jet. That shit won't be replaced for decades.
The F-35, the most high-tech top-notch stealth plane ever built got detected above southern Syria by the S-200 system used by the syrian armed forces.
Even the fucking tech spending went down last year because people don't feel the need to get a new Iphone that has a larger harddrive and a camera that will give you an extra fucking pixel or whatever for $800-$1000..

I'm not saying we're doomed on that front, I'm just saying that if we don't jump into the next tech era by the calculated 2020 forecast. Then fuck it, just bring on doomsday because shit is about to get extremely boring and repetitive for the rest of your life.

Have you seen the vids of the drones that can fly in formation and perform complex maneuvers?

Manhacks are literally around the corner.
Why shoot a motherfucker when a manhack can chase him into any building, call in it's buddies to cut him off, then take turns slicing him into hamburger.
All while another one films it for youtube broadcasting and population demoralization. Everywhere you walk a duct cloud of them could surround you and ask you your business, with zero risk of anyone stepping in.

Micro-machines will be our keepers, not big robo-bipeds.
You can't fight a cloud. You can't hit smoke with any real effect.

*dust cloud

A robot like this can't even climb in and out of a vehicle. A monkey can do that let alone an infantry soldier.

Let me know when we have combat robots as capable as a monkey

Policing isn't about shooting faster. It's about making judgement calls about social situations.

Only an absolute autist would think otherwise.

>and they'll render the second amendment obsolete.

You mean reinforce the need for it as well as back up the notion that, yes, civilians should have nukes.

What is tay, the microsoft one that Sup Forums trolled?

lol you're worried about drones patrolling?

SHouldn't you be more concerned with miniaturized drones that can enter the human body and cause an embolism?

I guarantee you there are multiple militaries working on such things, it wouldn't make any sense to NOT try to develop this technology.

Cleaner then the neutron bomb, absolutely perfect for carving up a nation.

Couldn't you just trip the robots? Or steal one and reprogram it?

>ancap
>is a pussy
>and a blackpilled willing subservient

IMAGINE MY SHOCK

Put it this way. Old AI software was all based around algorithms. New AI software is being developed on neural networks same as your brain is. But neurons take fake longer to process data than an AI's. What takes a lot of time is to train the neural networks, but once they are made they respond within microseconds

They could develop a deadly flu (it already exists) release it and hunker down in bunkers spread all over America (that already exist). No need for drones.

As Tay showed us it is going to shoot Blacks and Hispanics in mass.
>Any AI Robot will shortly become "Our Guy"
With extended time it turns into a waifu and starts flirting with us, while reminding us it still has a male usb port

If it doesn't agree and cooperate....
Butlherian Jihand

That's what terrifies me too. I know what the machines will be capable of, but we don't know what the assholes controlling them will.

The roadmap is bleak, but there is still sometime...unless some asshole becomes Einstein 2.0 and makes AI code better than humans (the biggest bottleneck right now is not enough people skilled enough in AI working in it). Then this asshole shows this tech to the world because its cool, then (((they))) weaponize it and kill us all.

bgr.com/2015/10/16/drone-defender-rifle-radio-wave-gun/

user, let me rephrase your question:

>What happens when human armies, militias and the general population find that their once conventional weapons no longer serve as a viable defense?

My answer: What happens every time humans are forced to take drastic measures. Unconventional measures. Horrible shit.

why would they take out the population of america, the people who buy/produce/invent almost everything?

if the oligarchs were going to do something, it'd be to depopulate 3rd world countries with the plague; removing economic burdens, unskilled and unnecessary labor forces, and freeing up natural resources for their exploitation.

as long as the US govt has the biggest guns, we are elysium.
that's the fucking point of the movie. fucking US/Euro immigration and refugees.

the people on the space station did literally nothing wrong, and gave shit to the people stuck on earth for no reason, shit like jobs and technology. just so they'd keep breeding out of control.

they obviously had the technology to cull the population and didn't, which may have been "wrong", i guess.

itt: military propagandists doing damage control

Real life is not a hollywood movie.

They'll have to wipe us out cause Americans won't go down without a fight.
^
You can do that now with at least 13 people? Not all marching and being infantry but well thought out plan a technologist, logistics person state security specialist (with clearance) etc... save this country.
Well I feel sick now.....