Crunchyroll, Funimation Announce Partnership to Share Content Via Streaming, Home Video, EST

I don't know how to feel about this.

Media distribution site Crunchyroll and North American anime licensor and distributor FUNimation Entertainment announced a partnership on Thursday that will include cross-streaming opportunities, Broadcast Dub production, and home video distribution. The partnership is currently limited to the United States and Canada.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-08/crunchyroll-funimation-announce-partnership-to-share-content-via-streaming-home-video-est/.106234

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=20PwaJYcnuk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well if this means that HS won't have to deal with hardsubbed Funi shitsubs then this is cool.

Felt like an end of a era. I always thought they hated each other.

Really makes you think.

How much time before they fuse completely?

With Netflix and Amazon Prime around, it's going to be hard for both of them.

No more shitty funi hardsubs is a good thing.

Agreed this is amazing

kissanime will still have 3x more viewer

Irrelevant to me.

As long as it's not a merger there's more positives than negatives here.

>funimation
>streaming

NO MORE DUBS

Why? You don't have to listen to them.

More westerns = more feminism

This is HUGE news and frankly a win-win for fans (in U.S. and Canada anyways)

We did it, Sup Forums.

Last time I watched a Funi show that HS put out was Kekkai Sensen, which had hard-sub shit and over-saturated colors.

Has that changed yet? I remember Funi saying shit about their changing to soft-subs and better video, but that was months ago.

From looking at the thread, apparently this is still ongoing? Is it?

>The partnership is currently limited to the United States and Canada

nothing for UK, well...

>This is HUGE news
Not really.

Precisely. As an Indiafag I'll always resort to whatever Nyaa/local FTP servers have.

the fact they exist breeds cancer that then leaks onto here on summer and you start seeing posts about how there are "acceptable dubs"

Who the fuck cares? Just torrent it like normal.

Friendship ended with Netflix!
Crunchyroll is my new best friend!

Na, we're just going to get "Crunchymation" dubs or some other shit.

>I always thought they hated each other.
What are you, stupid?
Why would emotions such as hatred matter where there is money involved?

>pays for cr subscription
>never uses it and downloads everything anyway
While most people will say it is a waste of money, I like to think of it as a way to help keep CR alive so they can keep subbing more shit. Probably like $1 goes to Japan though. Sucks.

Looks like Funi plans on putting more of its titles later on CR, so I guess they're gonna phase out their own streaming platform (for subs, anyway)

Honestly, that's pretty good.

Too many streaming services just makes each one worth less. Streaming services should be divided in content by some way, but I don't think two different services that both just stream anime are necessary.

wtf I like funi now

Funi literally announced that they're gonna dub Mob Psycho, Orange, and more CR shows

Crunchyroll would double their subscriber base if they had the Dragonball franchise. They have 750k subscribers paying $6.95 a month now. So this gives them an excuse to jack up the price like Netflix did.

Why does it fucking matter if you're torrenting?

Welcome to capitalism. All the companies eventually become a single one.

Indeed, there should be a monopoly that barely improves their service instead

>NO MORE DUBS
We'll just see about that

>All the companies eventually become a single one.
In my country there is an official office that's supposed to stop monopolies. It's not being very effective.

Oh well, right now I'm just waiting for the system to crash and burn. Hopefully there'll be something more sensible on the other side of the period of anarchy.

Funimation wasn't a monopoly and they have not been improving their service. In fact, this might actually improve their service since CR has softsubs.

wait wtf
why does this matter if you torrent everything

It doesn't.

>Crunchyroll, Funimation Announce Partnership
The only thing that comes to my mind is the worst of both shit releases merging together.

We all know who's behind this.

For the people who view this as a negative thing, just think about it.
Pretty much anything that's getting simulcasted by Funi will now also be streamed by Crunchy. So basically, we're free from Funi eye-cancer rips and hardsubs!

You guys don't download horriblesubs?

MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS

As long as I don't have to download Funi's oversaturated color garbage shitsubs anymore, this is fine by me.

For anyone not hanging out in Sup Forums, it really is

And supposedly, one of the reasons Crunchyroll and FUNi are doing this is because Hulu's actions forced their hand

I was referring to CR

Nice reading comprehension.

Or the cancer subs are going to spread into CR.

>implying

Nope, why would I? Deadfish subs everything anyway

>Downloading HS

I bet you're one of the spics that post in the HS Disqus aswell.

I download BakedFish to watch with VLC.

Yes, a hundred different services, each with exclusive content they keep from the others at full price is great for consumers.

There shouldn't just be one, but there shouldn't be more than maybe three.
Netflix/Hulu/Anime service

>not waiting for BDs
>watching currently airing anime ever
>not waiting until it's finished
Are you challenged?

It seems like this gives Funimation access to dub Crunchyroll's titles too. It says they're doing broadcast dubs of 91 Days, Mob Psycho 100 and Orange.

>Broadcast Dub production
vomitingloli.jpg

I just hope you are joking.
Because it's a funny joke.

>Deadfish
>subs

You should bait more subtly.

I like kissanime more.

Funimation's monopoly on anime distribution outside Japan needs to end, but I don't know how. So long as there's a stigma against animation in the west, no network other than literalwho or late night Adult Swim will take anime.

If only.

inb4 b-but muh threads

CR has their own subbing team. So either they'll absorb the Funi subbers or lay them off. Guess which one would be cheaper?

youtube.com/watch?v=20PwaJYcnuk

>he doesn't block Disqus globally

>broadcast dubs

Aren't those shows ending in like 2-3 weeks?

What did I miss?

>funimation getting more money despite terrible business practices that should have sunk them

Oh boy!

Maybe we can finally get not shit subs of Conan.

Good education.

Yeah, they wouldn't really be broadcast dubs then then. But it probably means the dub will pop in a month.

>wtf

That didn't stop ted turner

So, more content for consumers on both sides?

Good, I suppose. Doesn't matter to anyone who just pirates though.

>why does LESS competition matter to ME
Are you utterly retarded? Competition benefits the consumer, whether he's a paying one or not

Good point.

Yeah that's not happening with this announcement

Not the over saturated colors and hardsubs, no.
If you're talking about translations, it really depends. Lately Funi hasn't been as totally shit as they have in the past.
I haven't seen any subs as godawful as Nourin in years

Two piles of shit combining just forms a bigger stinkier pile of shit.

Not when it literally killed fansubs.

Not everything is bait newfag. There are things called jokes, quality varies but they are still jokes.

Are you sure? Just look at those sweet

>FUNishit
>Dubs
>Streaming
>These companies barely support the studios

Threads on seasonally anime are hardly ever worth it. They just contain waifu posting because the show itself lacks depth. Not sure if I'd miss it in all honesty.

Would it be wrong to say that I have CR as a "handicap" to remind me to finish my damn shows?

Funimation was the only smart company with their physical releases years ago.

They learned before other American anime companies that 13 episode box sets were a smart idea. Other companies like Geneon and Bandai Entertainment died holding on to their 5 episode releases.

Does this mean we're finally getting a GlassLip dub?

>Competition benefits the consumer,
Only if the competition is honest.
When at least 50% of a company's budget goes into advertisement rather than quality then you are obviously no longer benefiting.

Modern capitalism is a caricature of what the original supporters had in mind.

>"muh" memeshit

>Competition benefits the consumer
When there was competition both where really shit, now shit will get worse or remain like before.

And I will just pirate all of the shows anyways

Until CR and Funi actually offer higher quality products, there is no reason to give them money

Yes, it would be wrong. Fuck off, streamfag.

>TT
Fuck how long has it been

It's true though.
Not waiting for BDs is retarded.

The only difference is that Funimation was an American company so they knew the first thing about their market. Geneon and Bandai didn't die. Both are still going strong in Japan with 2 episode releases.

I need fansubs back.

Okay cool, I'll just leave the salty little faggots and enjoy me shows.

Guys say goodbye to shit typesetting that blocks the whole screen, hardsubs, huge subs, fucked up frame rates, wrong audios and any other shit Funi pulled so far.

Post >yfw