Which popular comedy shows do you just not find funny?

Which popular comedy shows do you just not find funny?

Pretty much every. Guess I just don't like japanese humor

All of them, my tastes require pretty high standards and there's nothing out there that can really make me laugh, certainly not nonsense from Japan.

Nozaki-kun

All of them except for nichibros

I don't even watch anime lel

Cromartie

literally everything, nips fucking suck at comedy

Seinfeld

Nichijou. Pretty much an embodiment to why Japs are stereotyped as unfunny slants

Nichijou is about the animation, dummy.

None of them are funny.

Except for Seto no Hanayome, of course,

Ones that rely on sex jokes

Gintama. Such low level humor, but I guess most people watch/ed it when they were teenagers so it works for them I guess.

It also sold like shit in Nip Land so really, no one found it funny.

Seitokai Yakuindomo is so boring. The awful visuals are big part of it tho.

One Punch Man.

It falls into the trap of becoming too much like the very generic bullshit it parodies, and the sad thing is One Punch Fans will defend it because it's satire that elevates their self-worth because it allows them to think they are intelligent for "getting" it.

This makes the fanbase much more voracious than normal in it's defence, because they have wrapped up their own ego in it. Like Asuka with her Eva piloting skills, to use an anime-alogy.

Lucky Star

I want to bang Konata hard though.

post season 3 teekyuu
it's actually painful

Most of them, only two I can remember making me genuinely laugh are Seto no Hanayome and Gintama.

Seto no Hanayome season 2 fucking NEVER

Most of them, including your pic related. The make me smile/chuckle, but rarely actually laugh.

they*

To pick just one, Kantai Collection.

It's not even remotely close to satire. It's a lighthearted comedy/action series with ELEMENTS of parody that's defined only by its creativity, not by some lofty artistic goals you think it's trying to set. I know you're probably old or stupid since you still can't seem to differentiate the proper usage of its vs it's but stop trying to overanalyze everything. People like OPM because it has great animation/art, the side characters are interesting, and because the gags are pretty funny and fresh at the beginning.

That's a pretty autistic over-analysis for a comic some rice picker draws as a hobby.

Name one anime that is not a comedy.
No really, name one serious anime.

>only show that i found funny
well shit
also leave your faggot hands off konata

>he watched the Chineses cartoon adapted by Murata's shitty version of ONE's webcomic
>not reading ONE's webcomic instead

an hero yourself

>using evanjellyon
>2016
Cringelord

>People actually like Murata's tryhard version of OPM

Most of them aren't funny or at least they'll keep using running gags that wear out after the first couple of times.

Prison school was funny though

>This makes the fanbase much more voracious than normal in it's defence, because they have wrapped up their own ego in it.

>OPM is popular because it's a satirical farce that plays off of the viewer's imagined self-worth, revealing the prevalence of the Dunning Kruger effect in today's egotistical society
Do I sound like you yet? There are kids and idiots who like OPM and there are older or smarter people who like OPM but look, NOBODY fucking thinks that. I can argue about other elements in the manga but what "depth" is there exactly in the plotline?

You are just as bad as the people who think the webcomic is trash because OMG LOOK AT THOSE DRAWINGS HAHAH!!!

The manga adding a pointless tournament arc was absolutely retarded but otherwise the anime and the manga are FAR from bad adaptations. If you really believe they are, then you need to experience more of your series being ruined, or just kill yourself.

The worst offender for me. The jokes were so unfunny it was almost making me angry.

>much more voracious than normal in it's defence
you need to get a new thesaurus

>implying im a fan

I dont really love ONE's comic but its just so dank. If I was a fan, I should fap over Murata's work too

Yeah I knew exactly how you'd respond. I guess you surpassed my expectations by adding a pointless reaction image.

How about you try actually reading and responding to ? Or would you prefer to maintain your delusion that OPM is some sort of pseudo-intellectual effort?

NGE was rather unfunny.

Your life

>Dude
>Grocery Store Sales
>lmao

look, I was referring to the quality of comedy, retard. It was intended to be satirical but Murata made it a more serious version which killed the comedy of some situations which are intended to have punchlines or smthing

Savage

Osomatsu-san

PPD.

So what point are you making anyway, that the gags are unfunny or that it fails as a satire because it's too similar to what it's parodying? Make up your mind.

Okay cool, you didn't like the grocery gag, it didn't make me laugh either. Not everyone likes OPM for that reason nor is that what's being debated. It's your view that One Punch Man is popular because its premise is viewed as the most intellectual thing ever, which is completely idiotic.

Judging from your posts, your strange choice of vocabulary and your images, I think you're a pretty clueless person. Your points are all over the place. You can always rewatch Eva instead!

Seitokai

You posted it

>You can't make multiple criticisms of a show

Not only is the show devoid of wit, drawn with an atrocious art style, but it also completely fails as a mockery. All at once.

If your goal is to mock the stupid scenes in Dragon Ball Z where they fight for a half hour, having scenes where they fight for a half hour identical to them is not the way to go.

At least in Dragon Ball Z fights, there's a chance the fight might end unexpectedly. Not so in in Mr. Punchman. Every episode has the exact same punchline. It's a tired gag before it even begins.

And you don't think I know I can rewatch Evangelion? I know it, I don't need you telling me. They are capable of comedy.

Mushishi

Excel Saga

Jap humor is pretty okay for the most part except for extreme gag reuse from bad writers
much better than American humor

Another

Hyouge Mono

Texhnolyze

What comedy shows are actually popular though.

Nozaki-kun is the only series that has legitimately made me laugh. I don't even know what about it cracked me up but I smiled from ear to ear watching every episode.

Nichibros

Some of the gags where ok but it just seemed like they where relaying way to much on the whole manzai style of comedy and it became really grating instead of funny

Oddly enough I really enjoyed Nichijou even though it did the same thing much of the time

This masterpiece.

I thought Ouran High School Host Club was boring but maybe I'll give it another try today.

Also Space Dandy was meh. I feel bad because I mentioned it to people when it came out and they loved it and I was just like "yeah it sucks"

Dandy's so unique that I feel bad for not enjoying it more. It clearly had a lot of love put into it.

Gonna write a wall of text whether you care or not.

Again, OPM is not a satire and anybody who believes that it is is fooling themselves. The only true parody is Saitama, whose existence kills the potential for traditional battle shonen formulas. Other than that, the series generally revels in what some would call typical, such as power rankings and big baddies.

The series is beloved by many because it takes a fresh approach to everything it handles. Even if the premise has been seen before, ONE's style and the nature of a webcomic allow more free rein and creativity. The panel composition is some of the best I've seen, rivaling IMO that of Togashi who has one of the best in the business and decades of experience. And battles take on different meanings because Saitama's absurd strength leaves no room for ideological clashes. It doesn't matter who the opponent is or what they're fighting for. And if this gets old, there is a host of characters besides Saitama to interest the audience. I can go on, but my point is that there are other appeals.

By the way, fighting for half an hour is not long at all. In most battle shonen the main fights are expected to take an episode or two at the least. DBZ in particular was criticized for having not only battle sequences but the BUILDUP to them take several, sometimes tens of episodes. Not relevant here.

I've only encountered your view once before and that was on some YT video where people are paid to make long extrapolations on bullshit. Think what you want, but no one watches OPM and goes "wow this show really illustrates the faults of shonen fights, genius!" It takes elements FROM shonen and plays with them, but never shying away or rejecting them. I mean it's fucking published in WSJ, what more do you want? Also Eva is good but it isn't funny.

I know it's not a satire user, that's what I've been saying. Satire has to be funny.

Okay dude. I don't know what I expected from you.

Panty and Stocking
Seitokai Yakuindomo

Sex jokes are the easiest to not fuck up.

Cromartie High School
Prison School
Nichijou

FotM
Konosuba

heh

Fate Zero

The only thing funny about that one is the absence of any fucks for him to give.

Nichijou
So unfunny.

Less popular, but Arakawa under the bridge

Mob Psycho

>Dandy
>Sucks

What happened in your life to make you into such a person.

Literally all of them. Japanese humour is shit.

Ghost in the shell.

I watched one episode, and couldn't get into it. The "haha he killed him in one shot" gag gets old really quickly and there's no story to speak of. The only saving grace was the animation quality, but I can't watch an entire anime for the occasional cool fight scene.

Konosuba and Shigatsu wa kimi no uso (manga) are actually the only ones I laughed at.

The ones like nichijou, bobobo etc...nah, stupid humor is fine when it's clever made, not when you abuse the "random" factor

Nichijou and Nichibros come to mind.

I lasted a while, at least six episodes, so it had a fair chance. The concept is good, but they just execute it poorly, like the purge.

There's an episode where he can't kill a mosquito or whatever, and I thought to myself: Oh, he can't kill a bug, that's kind of funny.

But I don't laugh, I just stare stoically.

what did you find funny about konosuba?

The part where all the characters conform to their archetypes

I like almost all of them. Sucks to be you guys.

most

lucky star and nichijou in particular have gotten praise to no end but turned out to be terrible with shitty dry humor I doubt even a kid would think is funny

I guess humor just isn't japan's strong suit

Most comedy anime are pretty bad, not just the popular ones.

For the last couple years I've watched anime pretty much exclusively for comedy and, having seen well over 50 comedy series, I can say that about 8 of them were good, and like 3 were good enough to recommend to someone without a huge "by the way most of it fucking sucks" disclaimer.

Gintama, can't for the life of me understand what people find funny about this shit.
Generic lesbian jokes in seasonal kirara CGDCT adaptation have more chances to make me smile than any gag in Gintama, that shit is just retarded.

Japanese humor may not work for you because you don't understand Japanese, not because the humor is inherently bad.
Even if the translations somehow weren't as shit as they usually are you just can't convey some things with subs.

A fuckton of comedy anime (especially the most popular ones) are based on manzai and/or lolsorandumb types of humor without much wordplay though.
Series like Joshiraku and such are pretty much a category of their own.

I'm not even talking about wordplay, all that shit just became funny to me after I learned Japanese, it's hard to explain.
Yes, even manzai.

No Game No Life is pretty funny.

>just as bad as the people who think the webcomic is trash because OMG LOOK AT THOSE DRAWINGS

It's a visual medium, man. If the drawings look bad, why the hell would you stick with it? Read a book.

One Punch Faggots are Faggots.

I can see this, kind of like how qualidea code is considerably less shitty if you lived in japan and are familiar with the area that characters make fun of.

Cromartie High School
Prison School
Seitokai Yakuindomo
School Rumble
Were all pretty unfunny.

You would need to be a real party pooper for not laughing or just chuckling at a little joke. Anime is meant for entertainment so don't expect any high end level jokes or shit

>Cromartie High School
>Prison School
>Seitokai Yakuindomo
>School Rumble
If this was a IQ test I would pick Cromartie High School as the anime that doesn't belong in that list

It's the only one of these I've watched, and coincidentally it's the only one I've laughed at.

Is nichijou supposed to be funny? If it is, then that.