RUNNING IN THE 90'S
wish the characters weren't all so goddamn ugly

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B8OMN_ewsL8vd1drY2NWTG1QakE/view
drive.google.com/file/d/0B8OMN_ewsL8vOEtTNVVOUmlCUE0/view
youtube.com/watch?v=TIaKPVWDx-8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The 90's was the worst design wise.

What is with this series' weird interpretation of relationships? Why didn't Iketani just call Mako and tell her he wanted to fuck her but didn't get there in time (she even says that she wants to ask him out again, what the fuck?), why didn't Itsuki say he liked Kazumi when he got the second chance he wanted?

I swear to fucking god, if Takumi gets back together with Mogi I will fucking shit in a bag and personally send it to Shuichi Shigeno's house. I'm only up to Second Stage, by the way

spoiler alert: takumi gets new gf and never sees mogi again

Thank fucking god. It's not Sayuki, is it?

The whole Mako situation was just frustratingly retarded.

I'll never understand the people who dismiss other art styles because they don't have harem sameface

No, it's some golfer chick.

no it's a girl who debuts in Fifth Stage.

There's a difference between dismissing something because it's different and disliking something because you find it straight up ugly.
Does this look good to you?

it's fine
did you drop Akagi too because he had a long nose?

Are the movies still worth a watch? Obviously the missing Eurobeat is stupid but I can listen to that every time anyway. Are the other VA's bad?

No, I loved Akagi. The design didn't bother me nearly as much as it did in Initial D

I actually think the first season had the best designs and it got worse over time.

Somebody a version with Eurobeat.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B8OMN_ewsL8vd1drY2NWTG1QakE/view

drive.google.com/file/d/0B8OMN_ewsL8vOEtTNVVOUmlCUE0/view

I liked the trilogy, but that's the only Initial D thing that I've seen so far. What's next? Series in order of release?

I know, right? Their relationship was great, even the conclusion was done well, and I thought Iketani's self-doubting was pulled off well, too.

But then there's no follow up, apart from jokes and Mako saying "Oh I still like him despite never bothering to call and him never calling me" after Takumi beats Ryosuke (another stupid fucking thing about this series, Ryosuke's abilities are stupidly inconsistent and his race with Takumi wasn't handled very well).

I have a stupid love-hate relationship with this series, and I haven't even finished it yet. I don't even like the races that much.

The other music running in the background kind of ruins it for me but like I said that don't bother me too much.

to be fair, the manga art is stellar
anime quality is good enough

It's a golfer chick who plays golf like Dagumi races cars.

what is the eurobeat of golfing?

Silence

Unenthusiastic clapping

A commentator talking quietly about what the golfer is doing.

No. Dagumi suffers a mental breakdown and create a fake identity, a "girl" who plays golf and they start a relationship together.
Like fight club if Tyler was a woman.

is Bunta even a real person?
or did he die long ago and has Takumi taken on the persona as his own father?
is it just a creation in his mind preventing him from racing to his full potential?

Some autist made up some bullshit theory that Bunta is actually a scientist hired by a racing team to create the ultimate racer and Takumi is his perfect specimen. All the people he races are other experiments created by Bunta for the purpose of honing Takumi.

It was fucking retarded.

Bunta is a force of nature. He is probably an old god of drift. When a roman had to drift with his chariots, he was there.

it makes sense though
for example why is there no police force in their village or any races they go to?
It's a government funded project.

How come Ryosuke kept drastically changing looks between seasons? I couldn't even tell who he was when I started second stage.

really makes u think..

No, he is fiction
but his character design was heavily influenced by Motoharu Kurosawa, aka "Gan-san"

youtube.com/watch?v=TIaKPVWDx-8
When he made this lap time he was already 62

>not thinking Takumi, Keisuke and Ryosuke are cute
Are you a faggot?

Ryosuke losing to Takumi was a "Takumi is unbeatable on the Akina pass" thing. No matter how much you study Akina you can't beat Takumi there, he knows it to well and is well aware of all the secret lines.

Ryosuke's racing abilities aren't inconsistent he just doesn't race hard, if you've ever read the manga you'd know he tends to race from behind even on tracks where he knows the chance of passing is low (like his own home track, Akagi) because he likes to learn EVERYTHING about the car he's racing before he does anything.

Shinji Inui is the worst match up for Takumi's final race and Takumi's engine blowing out at the end of the race was stupid.

In fact, 86 vs 86 was boring and such an obvious way to end the series. All of Team Sidewinder was stupid, but if you're going to force the whole "This is a person who has a grudge against the racers of project d" angle, why the fuck is Inui even on the fucking team? He has nothing to do with Takumi.

Some man shouting "Get in the hole Tiger!"

>something FIRE
>something DESIRE
>something POWER

Speed
Night
Dancing
Beat
Low-ver
Baby baby
Love

He is like a sightly more autistic version of Dagumi

Garbage anime circlejerk?

It wasn't even, though. It was an 86 vs an 86 with some souped up racing engine. Unless Shinji's mom did an engine swap, there's no way his car should have been able to keep up with Dagumi's. The whole point of the race was supposed to be about Takumi's skills having overcome the retard strength he had on Akina pass, but it wasn't because the cars had different performances.

GAS GAS GAS

IM GONNA STEP ON THE GAS

TONIGHT I FIGHT TO BE THE WIENER

C O O L V I B R A T I O N S

Maybe i'm stating the obvious but

>K: Hey aniki, do you hear that?
>R: *Knows what's comming, therefore starts shitting his pants*

Damn, now I'm gonna have to go through this whole thread