How is Dragonball Super? Did it ruin the Dragonball franchise?

How is Dragonball Super? Did it ruin the Dragonball franchise?

GOAT anime and best shounen

>Did it ruin the Dragonball franchise?
This sht is still popular? Where?
surely not japan

It has best boy so it's great right now.

South americans and Mexican fucking loves Dragon Ball.

No, it saved it

implying there was anything left to ruin after GT

The current arc is pretty good.

everybody loves it, only faggets pretend they don't

No tension, terrible animation, boring "villains"
Sup Forums only watches it to meme about it

Completely awful, I had to drop it.

Looks like some faggot hasn't caught up with the latest arc.

>How is Dragonball Super?
Its going into fanfic turf really hard.
Not really considering DB will always be popular, either ironically or seriously.

Reminder that Heroes was here & making money before Super came along.

Has higher ratings than Pokemon and a little less than One Piece tbqh. It's low for the average DBZ standard but superb for the modern japanese broadcasting and the small number of people that still watches >TV.

dat gap

it wasn't looking too good for the first 2 arcs, last arc was ALRIGHT.

the current arc may have just saved the series, hopefully it continues being good. blackmasu is the best villain duo since cell

The current arc is terribly fucking dumb and the only thing saving it is how fabulous Black is

I seriously can't believe people like this shit. Seriously, if this didn't have the name Dragonball attached to it the series never would have made it past S1.

If it didn't have Toriyama's name on it it would be more shat on than GT.

exactly

fanboys are the fucking worst, they can't be happy with anything

Black Saga is GOAT so far.

I can say that I've been enjoying it so far but I can see why many people wouldn't. My biggest problem with it has been the deconstruction of the idea of power levels (mostly in the arc we're in now).

I find it the opposite, fanboys blindly love this series. Take Geekdom101, he has got to be the biggest DBS apologist I've ever seen. The series can literally do no wrong in his eyes. Everything is great.

>the only thing saving it is how fabulous Black is
That's not a bad thing.

Pan?

Yeah, that's the problem with Toriyama, all of his fucking character designs look the same.

Dragon Ball was ruined by the anime 30 years ago

The morning time slot ruined super. Vegeta gets a sword stabbed through him and he dosen't bleed at all.

>implying blood is important

REMOVE NINGEN

>How is Dragonball Super?

As absurd and stupid as everything Toriyama has done since Son Goku and his Friends Return!

No because the entire Dragon Ball franchise is still there for you to watch and enjoy and all you have to do is ignore Super it's pretty easy.

I don't think Note was designed by Toriyama, though.

It kind of shows, Toriyama's designs in recent years are almost all goddamn terrible. Universe 6 should be renamed the Bad Deviantart OCDNS Universe.

>Toriyama's designs in recent years are almost all goddamn terrible
Nigger you better goddamn say Beerus and Whis are part of the exception

They are. Other than them and their Fat / Rule 63 twins, I'm drawing a blank.
I admit though, I like Lakers Frieza's color scheme.

>No tension
This, I mean, worst comes worst they can just beg beerus to kill the bad guy or ask whiss to go back in time.

Of course that by plot they are going to refuse or muh sayian pride, earth food will dissapear if they dont help, etc; just see frieza episodes:
>umm you are not going to interfere in my revenge right beerus-sama?
>Im not.
>Frieza manages to get part of his revenge by fucking the earth.
>Whiss fix everything and goku sucker kamehameha frieza saving the earth.

Being friends with an alimight god an even stronger beings killed all the tension, now they have the god of gods as a friend for fuck sake.

Jaco is cool, Zenou, Daishinkan, Otta, and Frost are neat too

All-in-all, Super is really no worse than GT. They're both "good ideas, bad execution," with small handfuls of inconsistencies and continuity screw-ups sprinkled around. The more deeply you analyze them, the worse they seem, but both still have individual elements and moments that are pretty cool.

But GT at least had the decency to set itself and its problems several years AFTER the original story. But Super meanwhile has plunked itself between two portions of it and is just kind of flailing around and damaging stuff on either side.

That's what makes Super more offensive for me. GT is like a squirrel that lives in your back yard and doesn't cause any trouble. Super is like a raccoon that keeps getting into your house and stealing your stuff.

It's a good thing that Dragon Ball as a whole doesn't really have an officially-defined canon, so both GT and Super can both be put up on the "side-stories" shelf where they can both look good but only from a distance.

...All that said, Super Saiyan 4 is way cooler-looking and better-conceived than the new god-forms any day of the week, though. Super Saiyan Blue's fancy aura is the only thing making it any more than a cheap dA-level recolor.

I liked Hit for what we got of him anyhow.

Jaco isn't from DBS and he's so so. Zeno is he same shitty blobby featureless alien Toriyama has been drawing since the end of Z, Frost is a more featureless Frieza, Daishinkan is generic as fuck and Magetta is literally the shittiest robot-like thing Toriyama has ever made. Looks like a fucking toy.

>oesn't really have an officially-defined canon,
what is the manga and the movies done by toriyama?
You honestly cant be in such denial.

>All-in-all, Super is really no worse than GT

I'd say storywise they're about the same, though I like that GT gave side characters more relevance than Super, if only a little.

But the production values of Super are so bad I can't put it on the same level as GT. It's overall worse.

>what is the manga and the movies done by toriyama?

Even that much, while it seems obvious, is just a big fan assumption. "No officially defined canon" means that neither Toriyama nor anyone else in charge at Shueisha or Toei has ever come forward and declared, "THIS stuff counts, and THIS stuff doesn't."

At most, a few things have been defined as "side-stories" or "being in a different universe," and Battle of Gods was touted as a "continuation of the manga's story." But that's barely anything, and really only points out a few things that are or aren't "canon," without actually defining the criteria for it.

This is one of my biggest gripes with RoF, aside from the horrible CGI. Even BoG had no one but SSJG Goku be able to stand up to Beerus & Whis was on Beerus' side, RoF had Beerus & Whis there & wouldn't be so bad if we were constantly reminded of them. Frieza beats Goku? Vegeta is there. By some miracle he beats both? Beerus, no matter how much he claims he's neutral, & Whis are there. There's so many safety nets here that you can't see the performance.

>There's so many safety nets here that you can't see the performance.
Not to mention
>Whoa he actually DID win
>Lol nope time reversal!

That itself was somewhat nonsense. Blowing up planets is something anyone who've met Frieza would know he could do. Vegeta should have gotten that kill, it wasn't like Cell where he was disappointed & was willing to risk things for a better show.

Reminder that Cell can spawn Cell Jrs for SSJG & train for SSGSS & Golden form.

>"it's ok dad leave black to me"

>SSJG & train for SSGSS

Vegeta apparently trained for it. I guess it means he can do both,

top fucking kek

You get a blue, he gets a blue, EVERYBODY GETS A BLUE!

Gt fags would think that, super is awesome, the only problem is the animation and even that will get fixed up in blue rays. The people who hate it hate fun.

Why did Cell never Kaioken?

Because he had the equivalent of "Super Saiyan".

I thought Super Perfect Cell was just Cell off of a massive Zenkai

>movies
>canon

How to detect a nu-male, the post

>KtK and FnF
>Not canon

GT was bad ideas with bad execution.

I still say ss4 was a more logical transformation for a race of monkey people than getting gold hair.

>manga and the movies
>Implying there aren't separate anime and manga canons

>"continuation of the manga's story."
I'm still not sure if this means "comic" or "franchise as a whole", but I'm leaning towards the latter because of things like Bulma's/Trunks' hair and Gregory.