Why is this so good

Why is this so good.

Nobody told me this would be this good.

Did I just accidentally violate something? OPM is a cool series.

OPM is just a meme

Lurk more or fuck off.

The episode in which he defends Mumen Rider was excellent, best moment of the whole show and probably that season. Everything else was subpar.

People are butthurt it's so popular

>hurr popular things are all bad

stop trying to fit in so hard, summer

>Sup Forums likes a manga
>it gets an anime adaptation
>suddenly it's bad

It's a great manga that was ruined by casuals that ironically appreciates what it's parodying more than it appreciates the story.

That's not what's happening here, it's that OP is such an obvious newfag that he wasn't aware of how popular and well liked OPM is. Anyone who has been on Sup Forums more than a fucking week would be perfectly aware of how good people think it is.

>Sup Forums says it's shit
>it's actually good

No, you retard. OP got told to fuck off because if he was here when it was airing he wouldn't have said shit like "Nobody told me this would be this good."

>when it was airing
Or much earlier than that when we started talking about the manga.

Looks like you're a new fag too. Ironic.

See

>being this butthurt
ayy lmao not even tumblr gets this triggered

>Nobody told me this would be this good.
Why'd you watch it then?
Yeah it's good but clearly you're lying about no one telling you it's good.

Sup Forums is extremely contrarian. If it's popular, it's bad. See: Everything.

OPM is good. It's not a masterpiece, but it was a very good adaptation of a very good redraw of a very good webcomic. People here are pissy about so-called "secondaries" and "tertiaries" enjoying something they enjoy, just because they liked it first. It's contrarian elitism. Forget them.

mob is better

>If it's popular, it's bad
Another retard who fell for the stupid meme.

>Its popular so its bad!

grow up

That's usually the case

Yeah, it's really good considering how ugly the source material was.

yeah, that's why Justin Bieber is the best singer ever. Haters gonna hate.

There are also cases of something being unpopular and bad. Mob Psyco for example.

Sup Forums isn't contrarian, retards need to stop parroting this bullshit. OPM is extremely well liked and a few people disliking it doesn't change the amount of praise and discussion it gets.

The more popular a series is, the more people will watch it, and the number of people who dislike it will increase too. The more popular series is, the more fans will praise it, and the number of people criticizing it in response will increase too. Trying to dismiss anyone who dislikes a series as 'contrarian' is just a blatant attempt at shutting down any criticism of a series you like.

It's just good fun, OP. Don't let the autists here get you down.

Yeah, hes a pretty damn good singer.

It falls into the trap of becoming too much like the very generic bullshit it parodies, and the sad thing is One Punch Fans will defend it because it's satire that elevates their self-worth because it allows them to think they are intelligent for "getting" it.

This makes the fanbase much more voracious than normal in it's defence, because they have wrapped up their own ego in it. Like Asuka with her Eva piloting skills, to use an anime-alogy.

Not only is the show devoid of wit, drawn with an atrocious art style, but it also completely fails as a mockery. All at once.

If your goal is to mock the stupid scenes in Dragon Ball Z where they fight for a half hour, having scenes where they fight for a half hour identical to them is not the way to go.

At least in Dragon Ball Z fights, there's a chance the fight might end unexpectedly. Not so in in Mr. Punchman. Every episode has the exact same punchline. It's a tired gag before it even begins.

Sup Forums hates it because it doesn't take itself seriously and anime is SUPER SERIOUS BUSINESS
also its popular and that means its bad because SUPER SECRET CLUB NO NORMIES ALLOWED
people here actually believe in some kind of scarcity model where there is a finite amount of enjoyment that humanity can get out of any anime, manga, or LN. The more people that enjoy it means the less enjoyment available for TRUE FANS

It's not satire, it's parody.

It's neither, because an essential requirement of each is humour.

It was pretty good wasnt it?

99% of the humor in OPM isn't at all related to the OHKO "punchline"

>humour
>one punch man

You must choose.

I liked it and the animation was good but I can't see myself getting excited over it or even really going out of my way to praise it.

Another weeaboo with an undeserved sense of superiority.

>I'm an oldfag, I was here when it was airing
Fuck off kid.

>Calling people weeaboos on Sup Forums

Some of us don't browse Sup Forums all day every day without a break for years user, some don't spend so much time that they go into most of the threads even when they don't care about the topic, some people visit other boards and even spend large chunks of time away from this site occasionally.

I'm sorry your life caused you to forget that was a possibility.

>replying to pasta

But user never implied he was an oldfag, just that OP was a newfag.

Weeaboo is a shameful term no matter where it is applied. All weeaboos should be reminded whenever possible of how disgusting their borderline fetishism of a foreign culture is. If there is anywhere a weeaboo should be mocked and derided most of all, it's here on the only board that gives /lit/ a run for their money in terms of unearned pride.

Great action animation. Not so good anything else.

It's better watched on sakugabooru.

mob is much better than opm and that coming from the biggest opmfag of last year.

In the anime and manga board of Sup Forums, a board populated by both filthy weeaboos and ordinary people who sometimes enjoy the cultural products of another country.

sorry but you got completely wrong understanding of OPM.

It's a pretty good meme though

Just get out

Well, the point was that Sup Forums was built for weeaboo shit. Moot made this place for easier access to hentai.

No.
Sure, but it's well beyond that now, the overwhelming majority are not weeaboos, and anyway, even if it was still 100% weeaboo central, it would still be completely appropriate to refer to him as one with disdain.

You don't belong here.
Kill yourself, crossboarder.

Oh no a weeaboo is upset with me and doesn't want me in his secret clubhouse, whatever shall I do, this is a very hurtful thing to hear from such a valuable member of society,

Watch out now, the big bad crossboarder boogyman is here!

>weeaboos
I don't think you know what that means user.

Why are you typing like a roleplaying redditor?
Is this your first week on the board?

He knows what it means. It obviously means 'someone I disagree with'.

I'm curious, what do retards such as yourself think that 'weeaboo' means?

No I think you don't. A weeaboo is someone with an obsession with japanese culture, for example anime and manga.

Oh no now he called me reddit and implied I haven't been here long, I am nearly as ashamed as you must be to so vigorously defend your stagnant life dedicated to watching media from a country you will never see.

I'm sorry but you guys will be having the last word after you reply to this with some more excellent insults, I have to get up in the morning to take my sister to school before I go to talk about the paper I'm co-authoring to submit to a psych journal.

be sure to imply I'm lying about that, I'll be really disappointed you didn't believe me when I read your replies after I get home tomorrow

How is your definition for that term in any way related to lashing out at someone for disagreeing your claim of Sup Forums being contrarians?

Please explain.

By the way, thanks for including your blog, projection AND weaseling your way out of a lost argument, you fucking faggot.

Consider suicide.

Holy shit, where do you people come from?
This is straight out of youtube comments.

No one cares faggot, In a week I'm going to start getting shelled by Muhammad, we all have shit we have to do the only difference is nobody brings anything up because it's the anime board, not the blog and suck each others dick board.

'Bout time a Jannie showed up. Should've probably deleted the whole thread though.

Did the mods just do their job for once?

It's not

Shit tier animation, OST, premise and characters. Cant say mob is better with a straight face unless I tip my fedora.

The one manga is better only because its art style is in line with the dry, sarcastic sense of humor. Each panel is dripping with sarcasm. This nuance gets lost in the murata version, but the murata version is still enjoyable as a semi-parody. The anime suffers the same problem but even worse, meaning for a portion of viewers like me, there was reason to be dissapointed. As a result, the finished anime has less laugh value, in exchange for cool fight scenes. In the long run I'm still satisfied with the way it turned out, the anime is good for what it is, and being bitter over normalfags liking things is stupid. They will ALWAYS over react to the next kewl anime, get used to it.

TLDR mob psycho is better

the autism of the average Sup Forums browser causes them to become enraged when non-obscure anime is mentioned.

you are too late to post about OPM on Sup Forums because it's become too mainstream unless you disguise it by talking about the ONE comic.

yeah ... Sup Forums is full of hipsters

>...

my point stands

accurate

Everyone loves it but it's so good that it become too popular even amongst normalfags.
so you know the rules, as we are hypster we cannot like what the weabs with no taste like.
But don't worry we are just being tsundere about it.

god dammit user. you've triggered their autism. are you happy now?

overrated

It's a good show that is ruined by people talking about it. Neither as great nor as terrible as some people make it out to be.

Just watch it as long as it stays interesting for you and move on afterward.

we must have watched different shows because everyone told me it was super-ultra-mega-hyper amazing with a cherry on top and then I watched the first episode and thought to myself the whole episode what the fuck is this shit, I forced myself to watch the second episode and it was the same crap. The humor is just not funny, at least for me.

>guys how about instead of tension and excitement, we just use the same ending for every episode?

At least it is something different than dragon ball, naruto or jojo.

You just tipped all of your fedora when you spout that garbage shit out of your mouth.