Overlord

Volume 3 Plot Hole: When the ranger was running back to E-Rantel after witnessing Shalltear slaughter the adventurer party, why didn't Shalltear just teleport to E-Rantel and wait for the man outside the city or by the adventurer's guild? She knew where he was going because she interrogated Brita. Shalltear's been to E-Rantel before (with Sebas and Solution) so there shouldn't be any problem with her just teleporting back there. Plot hole or no?

because ainz sama planned it all

1. She didnt know who it was:
2. Going back to the city would draw too much attention;
3. Bloodlust, cant think straight;
4. Shalltear has low int.

He didn't go too far yet and she could be seen if she went so sending her summons was better but they ran into the BS.

No plothole.

Post Chair.

yes, nigredo calls rubedo "spinel" which is a type of mineral. caloric stone is a world class item somehow acquired from the minerals/metals in the rare mines the guild monopolized.

nigredo also had to be activated, like gargantua.

The best.

I want some Chair x Pleiades

>She didn't know who it was

She just had to be on the look out for the most panicky and scared shit-less human that's out of breathing from running through an entire forest and is desperate to get to the adventurer's guild to inform the guildmaster about something urgent.

>Going back to the city would draw too much attention

She can use invisibility.

>Bloodlust, cant think straight;

She was lucid enough to summon familiars and worry about how she was going to deal with the situation.

>Shalltear has low int.

Lame excuse.

Why are fangs so good?
Apart from Solution is there anyone in the Pleiades who would do the dirty things with Shalltear?

>He didn't go too far yet

Despite that she still wasn't able to track him. It would have been smarter to teleport to E-Rantel.

>she could be seen

She can use invisibility.

>Be Sebas, the only nice guy in your evil club
>Be sent by your Supreme Being to do some shitty info gathering mission despite being a trained lvl 100 monk
>One day be enjoying a peaceful walk around town when you find some random dying slut
>Get involved because you're a good guy and save her then pay the attacker to leave like a good cuck
>Your psycho-sludge subordinate gets all pissy because she's still a speciest in current year and doesn't want to waste a heal spell
>end up getting in trouble with biggest criminal organization in town you are stationed in, but no biggie you know karate
>go for another walk and have to rescue some random brat getting beat up, shake your head
>another brat comes running at you screaming about "muh gf" and begs you to train him followed by some blue haired man-child
>Boss comes to visit you after and gives you a scolding for saving random girl, you just bow your head and apologize
>Girl gets stolen 2 seconds later and you have to save her again
being Sebas is rough

Why doesn't Ainz just Gate to the king of every country, stop time, and then read their mind/mind-control them?

I still don't understand the reason Gazef challenged Ainz to a dual.

The narration was speaking about his super-special martial art, and the fact he'll never get another chance to face Ainz 1 vs 1. But that shit still doesn't make sense. Even considering those, he should still realize that he had a 0% chance of winning. He effectively threw his life away for no reason. Why?

There would be no story.

Him, Clem, and Arche will be brought back to life as cat people when Ainz does res experiments in a Vol 12 side story

>muh honor
That's literally why.

He wasn't the brightest of the bunch, and even when all logical options goes to siding with Ainz, Gazef must be honorubu

How could she know he would return to E-Rantel?

Your harem is prepared Ainz-sama, please choose who you will bed first. Just remember you must sleep with all of them though.

Brita, the girl that was apart of the adventuring party Shalltear killed told her that the ranger would be heading to E-Rantel, when Shalltear used her mind control magic on her.

she could have asked for the dudes exact appearance too so killing him should have been easy. Chair really fucked up

Because it's stupid. If he acts restlessly without enough info before hand, he may end up running into a trap laid by other players.

He is too retarded and stubborn. He basically committed suicide since he couldn't handle reality.

>Gate to an unfamiliar place he doesn't know the exact location of
>Has no idea who's there or what the security measures are
>Doesn't know if he's accidentally going to piss off a bunch of other lvl 100 motherfuckers that are just chillin'
Oh yeah, I'm sure there's no possible way that could end poorly.

Doesn't he have scrying magic? Ainz a dumb

>Ainz hears that Albedo has been abducted by an unknown entity
>unknow place, only has the coordinates
>Gates anyways
>Is send to Albedo's rape dungeon where Rubedo pins him down while she strips him and uses Wish to give him a magical boner and rape him mercilessly

he has, but he also thinks that every motherfucker that's actually a threat to him is packing a million anti-scrying spells just like he does.

she needs an oil change

Nigel is ded, vol 11 never.

oh shit they finally found him

Shalltear

manga chapter whens

right here user

al·be·do
alˈbēdō/
nounAstronomy
noun: albedo; plural noun: albedos

the proportion of the incident light or radiation that is reflected by a surface, typically that of a planet or moon.

really makes you think

Wish I was that brave. But then I wont ever see kaiku again soo..

1) Shallchair isn't the brightest candle in Nazarick
2) It took this long for you to think of something like this, what makes you think that someone as dumb as chair could do it when all her plans were going haywire and she was in full-on panic-mode?

As other anons have said, he was retarded and "muh honor". But there was another reason. If he backed out even after facing the enemy general, the noble faction would've lynched the king. And because the nobles would've been pissed as fuck over for getting their smug asses handed over to them by Ainz they would've tried to put most of the blame on King. Gazeff's death created a situation that showed that King has also lost something important so he isn't in a very different position than the Nobles. His first son's death was a stroke of luck but it also helped the king in this situation.

I would think that for someone who has the ability to teleport, it would be natural for her to consider this approach especially after she learned where he was headed.

hes more familiar to the YGGDRASIL combat system where people keikaku and backstab each other for tiny bit of information to gain edge.

its only natural he is careful since he doesn't know where shit is and he also knows that there exists people who wield world class item in mind control, as well as other factors like traps and uncertainty

Ainz himself is also only a mid-high tier PvP player who wins because he is able to plan shit out to counter other player after intentionally losing the first match. In this world, there is usually only 1 match in fight to death

anime did pretty alright job of adapting with all these monologues and item descriptions in the light novel.

It cut out a lot of parts but still got overall story going. Fucktons of info are still not there though

I hope vol 9 gets animated sometimes never ;-;

Vol 4 and any volume with climb was fucking chore to get through

“If it is so, I must thank you for being so considerate.” Seeing Brain smile, Gazef broke
into a little laughter. However, his counter-attack commenced. “But what about you, can you
cook?” Gazef’s sword of rebuttal missed and slice through thin air. “Nothing complex and
only simple stuff. It’s a big problem if you can’t cook during training trips or expeditions.”

lmao Brain literally couldn't beat Gazef 1v1 because he put skill points in cooking

VENGEANCE!

Idk, like I said she was in full-on panic-mode. And when you're in that condition even most of natural things tend to slip out of your mind. Experience helps dealing with this but the thing is that almost none of the floor guardians has enough life experience, especially Shalltear.

Chair was consumed by bloodlust, and even when she's not, she's lacking in tactical thinking. She's the kind that can only deal with problems that are right in front of her. Its they was she fights and the way she was designed to think.

I feel like Renner will end up killing Lakyus and the rest of Blue Rose off

I think so as well. I believe Vol. 12 will feature a post-transformation Renner fighting and killing off Blue Rose, while Albedo supervises.

nice we need to start killing off all these stupid side characters en masse, too many of them at this point

I guess Blue Roses 20ish levels would make better sacrfices than hundreds of orphans, kudos to her if she actually kills them herself and then uses their deaths to gain sympathy by showing just how hard of a blow she took by having her friends killed.

>The noble faction would've lynched the king
Something tells me, that they would try to lynch him after some time anyway. Kingdom was already on its way to ruin, so Gazef short sighted sacrifice amounted to nothing, only prolonged this whole suffering. Well, at least that's the case for me.

>all these stupid side characters en masse
>Literally everyone is a side character in Maruyama's writing
So, we going for full continental genocide then?

clearance sale, EVERYTHING MUST GO!

It was all part of pic related!

It's not like Renner would level up by transforming. Albedo will probably set up an ambush and Renner will order Blue Rose into it.

Well, he did what he thought was the "best". I mean, he isn't a strategist nor had any influence in politics. He was just a warrior who's job was to fight for his country. Kingdom was doomed the moment they declared war against Ainz. Heck they were on their way to destruction because of all the Royal vs Noble faction shtick. So yes, as you've said his sacrifice has only prolonged this whole suffering.
What can anyone do against Ainz and his keikakus anyway? The NW was marked as AOG's territory the moment Ainz fucked up by saying "World domination is an interesting idea" in front of Demi.

What's with all these male skeletons, where are the cutie female skeletons at?

>The NW was marked as AOG's territory the moment Ainz fucked up by saying "World domination is an interesting idea" in front of Demi.
>Ainz fucked up
>Implying he wasn't doing it anyway just for different reasons
>implying this all isn't a part of his master plan

>The NW was marked as AOG's

That's not completely true. If PDL and the theocracy secured an alliance, they would prove a credible threat against Nazarik. That's especially if wild magic has some properties which counter Yggdrasil spells.

>10 dragon lords to kill a player
>they were even stronger than PDL and only 5 dl are left
>Ainz had enough time to summon tons of undeads

the raws and script were released

i haven't read it yet, but it looks like it's a side story with entoma

sasuga ainz-sama

i can fap to this

>That's especially if wild magic has some properties which counter Yggdrasil spells
You mean Wild magic can provide time-stop counter-measures? It can provide defense against the broken TGOALID+widen magic: cry of the banshee combo...?
It can resist 500-700 other spells we still don't know anything about?
And that didn't include 11 WCIs and all the OP NPCs.

It's still sad that this Nigun guy was actually right, Gazef life was far more important to the Kingdom, then the lifes of the some villagers.
Warrior-captain deserved a better fate, despite his foolishness, and Kingdom is simply not worthy of his loyalty.
>Heck they were on their way to destruction because of all the Royal vs Noble faction shtick.
Question: how much of common people would have suffered because of Bloody Emperor yearly invasions? Would it be a bigger number, then 180 000 people?

Don't forget you need millions of sacrifices to cast even simple wild magic spells.

How long is Jircniv going to continue referring to Demiurge as a "Toadman"? What's going to happen if he says that right in front of Demi?

>how much of common people would have suffered because of Bloody Emperor yearly invasions?
I'd like to have someone who is well versed in the way of economics to answer this since I'm not too confident myself. But I think it would've caused increased tax prices and inflation due to shortage of yearly production. Which could've eventually led to a civil war. But, as I said I'm not so sure.

Now that i thinking about it
>Tax prices is increasing, people becoming poor
>Rise of banditry, roads were already not safe, now it's worse
>Civil war for the throne, peasant rebellions = a lot more dead = more wild undead start spawning
>people cannot afford adventurers, monsters start encroaching on kingdom territory
>famine
Damn, people would themeselves start opening gates for baharuth knights, sasuga Jircniv

Sasuga, Ainz-sama.

Now that I think about it? Isn't this exactly what Demi and Albedo are trying to do by moving most of the supplies out of the country through 8 fingers and causing a famine. Taxes and prices would've already sky rocketed in Kingdom after what happened in the war. The new vege-faction would invite SKOAOG to invade the Kingdom once the situation gets too bad and Renner would probably join the new faction giving it even more influence. She's also a third child like most of the members of this new faction.

Will Ainz bring an end to class struggle?

>slut
Technically she's a whore.
And the one who got no choice too
>cuck
Well he is Cuck Me creation.
What do you expect?
Also blowing some unknown guy away when you are supposed to be just some ojoosama butler is a bit suspicions and can blow your cover.
All things considered - spending precious funds your master allocated for you might be considered as a better alternative to undermining his plans.

I thought it was the opposite. Albedo commands 8 fingers to buy remaining food rations from E-Rantel and tells them about Ainz starting mass food production(lending DKs to farmers). I thought Albedo and Demiurge are planning to turn the Re-Eztise Kingdom into economically dependant state by exporting food from sorcerous kingdom. Ainz is not interested in ruling rubble anyway.

She doesn't know who to look for.
E-Rantel is big and capturing everyone who enter city gates as night is a bit troublesome.
Also humies being sneaky humies could've thought of another way to enter the city apart through the gates: hop through the wall with skill or magic or use sewers.
>Sne can use invisibility
Are you sure user?
IDK if vampires have this racial ability cuz Peroronchino would not obviously spend data on this while creating The Ultimate Momonga Stick.

This Also they have little intel on Ainz abilities and defences, Gazef intended to close this gap even if just a little bit.
Little did he know that Ainz would wreck him with Time Stop.
Still: Brain and Climb may deduce this much after something stimulate their thought process.
>Shalltear spilling beans to Brain in Dwarven pub

>Dat shit build
His sheet doesn't have "cook" classes though.
Might not be described, but then again: classes are not that strict for NWers compared to Players.

BTW found the passages
>Ainz’s aim was to build the villages back up within a year, and allow them to achieve basic self-sufficiency. They would then begin a regular harvest in the second year.
>However, the aim of rebuilding the villages was merely to collect their produce as taxes and dump them into the Exchange Box, where they would become YGGDRASIL gold coins. Albedo and Demiurge had praised this idea to the heavens, so it should be quite workable.
And Albedo to 8 fingers
>“I am not referring to that. All you need to do is conduct trade at an appropriate price. After that, you will use the money earned to import food in preparation for the upcoming famine in the Kingdom. Buy the rations which the Royal Army could not move out in time ― no, start by trading in grain futures. After all, Ainz-sama has already begun large-scale food production.”

Yeah.
By introducing a new kind of hopeless one.

>this loli comes and rapes your Hamster
What do you do?

>PDL
>Chills at 8GK base with their Guild Weapon
>Highest level guild base may feature 3000 total levels for NPC after paid expansion of data
Nigga he's a force to be reckoned not to mention his experience in general and specifically in dealing with players.
He can find a suitable marionette (8GK descendant or talent user similar to Nfirea) to use operate 8GK guild for him.
Imagine him gathering remaining DL and putting them behind 8GK resurrected NPC.
NPC do not lose levels upon death either so as long as guild exist - they will be in top condition after resurrection.

I think that this is true for some lowlvl humies with some dragon blood in their veins.
Dragon Lords souls are strong enough to sustain it without sacrifices (or by sacrificing their XP from living for a thousands of years).

Watch and record

You mean "watch and fap while recording"...right?

He will solve a class struggle by making everyone a slave to Nazarick denizens. Not like this is the bad thing, if you think about, lizards live in prosperity right now.

Didn't Ainz say he wanted the Sorcerous Kingdom to be a land where all races including humans are equals? Or did I read it wrong

Everyone except for Nazarick residents. Of course he'd keep his children higher than everyone else. As said, they'll be slaves but prosper and happy slaves. So, it isn't actually a bad things since current NW situation isn't anything to brag about.

Besides, you could argue that this is not trully a slavery. Rather a benevolent dictatorship, if you ask me.

You can only go to a place you've personally seen before. Chair hasn't seen E-Rantel's adventurer guild before.

The main reason, like many have said, is muh honor. Gazef is basically a stupid shonen hero who just bashes himself against the bad guy until he wins, but unlike other series, he doesn't have plot armor on his side.

That's one thing. The other is that he views his own death to buy the rest of the army time to flee as a worthy trade.

Yet another reason is that if he dies, the King can say, "Gazef tried his best, can any of you say you did any more than him?"

Then there's the fact that he was hoping for a shot at Ainz.

Exactly. Also, a good dictatorship >>>> shit democracy. There isn't much democracy in NW anyway. End of noble/peasant system would only prove to be a good thing in the long run. There will be a new Nazarick/NW class system but it won't matter as long as NW-ers are happy.
I also think Ainz would introduce a system where a NW-er can ascend as a Nazarick resident if he/she proved worthy enough.

I wondered how Demi would have vassalized the Empire

Shalltear is stupid.

Basically, the NW is a system where everyone is oppressed and a slave. Under Ainz, everyone will still be a slave, but he doesn't actually need anything from them and since he wants to impress his guildies, he will actually run his kingdom humanely.

Like say, in v3 Maruyama talks about 80% taxation from the nobles to fund their luxuries. Ainz has all their luxuries and more. IIRC the tax rate is only 20%, which basically means everyone has 4x the amount of food to go around, in addition to unstoppable legendary monsters/farm equipment in the form of Death Knights or Soul Eaters.

probably the same thing as to whatever he's doing on the holy kingdom

He already said that he would have caused massive social upheaval and a violent revolution, but it would have taken a month or so.

Ainz-sama is far superior to Demi and did it in three days with half a death (he rezzed Go Gin).

I have no idea how Demiurge, who is said to be smarter than Ainz, couldn't figure out how Ainz did it in 3 days. Does he not consider the emotions of humans?

He actually figured it out, but he did not think he was allowed to use Ainz's presence since it would be disrespectful to him.

I love how short she is and that's just with her high heels on.