The state of Sup Forums's archive

Well folks desuarchive is down again. I know this isn't strictly anime/manga related but it is a matter of some importance that concerns many of you and /qa/ is a terrible place to discuss anything.

I really wish this board had a reliable archive like 4plebs for a change that won't lose images, fail to archive certain posts or bug up every month. And I think it is maybe because the archives we've had since Foolz died have all tried to host multiple boards.

I reckon Sup Forums is big enough for its own archive. In fact I think it is the largest/fastest board on Sup Forums that has an archive (correct me if I'm wrong), or it's certainly up there. An Sup Forums-only archive will be easier to maintain I'm sure and probably better for the servers of whichver user does it. What do you all think

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/a/
archived.moe/a/
boards.fireden.net/a/search/text/What's the meaning of life?/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

People will screenshot anything that's good. We don't need an archive

This and with the constant general mentality now what's there to miss?

I'm learning more about starting my own server though in case i ever want a personal archive of Sup Forums, /jp/, and /vr/ though.

>what's there to miss
Manga translations.

There are other archives which are better than desu:

boards.fireden.net/a/
archived.moe/a/

Desuarchive have not been archiving several threads lately and missing tons of posts in the threads that are archived.

Even Sup Forums has a stable archive.

>archived.moe/a/
It's back?

That's what mangahelpers is for. if you actually care of archiving them.

>screenshot anything that's good
not really, also, they'll screenshot plenty of trash

Archive, please, it will have all the trash for the idiots as well as all the good stuff for the rest of us.

>fireden's search is slow as fuck
>archived doesn't even allow searching

>archived doesn't even allow searching
Google is your friend, newfag. I suggest you familiarize yourself with its proper usage before continuing your time on the internet.
It's not "rocket surgery".

What we need is an archive of the screenshots, with a rating system and comment section perhaps? That's all we really need.

The problem with screenshots is that not everybody does proper caps and alot of the context is lost otherwise. The shots taken are usually too caterized to the individual rather than the collective.

As that other user said, Manga translations. Also, I sometimes like to read threads of old shows on my backlog. It helps me see the things I miss.

>People will screenshot anything that's good.

I'm kind of glad, although this is only momentary. The /ghost/ culture is shit and deserve to disappear.

What? It's dead again? Welp it's time to kill myself

Fuck this site and the fucking newcancer

>4plebs for a change that won't lose images
>implying

>In fact I think it is the largest/fastest board on Sup Forums that has an archive (correct me if I'm wrong)
Sup Forums, /vg/ and Sup Forums are all faster.

/ghost/ is shit but a proper archive is definitely a good thing to have.

Glad it's gone. Archiving has been one of the big cancers for a long ass time.

We don't need an archive.

Yes, but everything is going to be back to normal in a day or two. If we are lucky just a few hours.

Why's ghost even a thing anyway. Archives should just be read only and that's all it needs to be.

>People will screenshot anything that's good
>not appreciating the archives
moot pls.

This. I don't know what's the point.

people who don't like archives don't fully utilize them. They can answer any question you have ever had.

One of the greatest sources of information on the internet.

I miss foolz.

There won't really be many good anime released from now on so I say basically pack it up. Sup Forums doesn't need to archive anymore.

I agree. I'm not sure why it's a thing. For fun, I guess?

Tell me how to apply all the filters the archive has on google, just give me an example.

Archives are useful for examining board trends. For example, you can see how there's been an explosion of the use of the word "reddit" on Sup Forums in recent years by using the archive's search function.

>They can answer any question you have ever had.
What's the meaning of life?

>They can answer any question you have ever had.
This, if you don't give a shit about the archives then might as well stop saying lurk more.

When did Sup Forums stop liking gar and start liking moe?

You don't have an archive of Sup Forums to archive anime you fuckin' doofus. Regardless of what japan's making, if it's been discussed then there's information being exchanged that might be worth keeping. The whole point of an automated archive is "just in case".

>boards.fireden.net/a/search/text/What's the meaning of life?/
The first post is pretty nice.

When lucky star took over Sup Forums

You're correct. Surprised someone got it.

If there are no good anime made anymore, what value can a place which discusses currently airing anime have?

This happens on a weekly basis. It's literally nothing to worry about.

There is 0 correlation between the quality of the work being discussed and the quality of the discussion.

>fools
>not the original archive
Back when site archiving was a thing.

I very much doubt that. You can't give a treatise on the deep, layered allegorical meaning behind Lucky Star.

Archives suck, good riddance. It's no different than constantly looking at the world through the camera viewfinder on your cellphone. Sup Forums is best experienced when you treat each thread as a temporary home.

Just use foolz.fireden.net

There's been a shitload of good discussion about lucky star, user. That's a bad example because it's popular. Anyway, it's not like all the discussion on Sup Forums is 100% on-topic, or an exchange of insightful essays about whatever anime the thread is about. It's just a bunch of neckbeards in a room with a spice of uncertainty thanks to anonymity. There isn't really anything that gives the same experience yet.

Archives are great for data collecting in terms of post rate, topics of discussion, etc.

Of course, I always save lots of screencaps, so even if all the Sup Forums archived disappeared, I'd have a lot of content still.

what even is that thing

oh wow, a new pyramid

>good discussion about lucky star
So basically you consider good discussion to be
>Konata chan...why does she have the cleft palate?
>lol ep3 wuz so funnay liek i laughed a lot
>What does Konata smell like?
>the manga was better!!

Sup Forums was third to Sup Forums and Sup Forums for years as far as userbase and speed goes. Sup Forums, Sup Forums, and even Sup Forums are ahead of Sup Forums now.

>Whoops, looks like something went wrong.

For fuck's sake dude, no. I'm saying that there's good discussion to be had here, in general. I'm not saying that shit discussion is somehow good discussion. Also, you're assuming that every single thread about lucky star was purely waifuposting or youtube comments, and you just flat out wrong about that. Maybe nowadays you're (almost) right, but that's because there's really not much to say about it any more.

I know I'm repeating myself here but you didn't seem to understand the first time I said it, so I'll reword it: a good show is not necessary for interesting discussion. Not all interesting discussion is analysis. Ergo, you can have fun, interesting discussions about shitty shows not necessarily about the shows themselves.

Off-topic discussion should generally be discouraged, but you cannot deny it leads to the majority of what makes any board worth going to.

Well if you mean off-topic stuff is generally valuable sometimes then yeah. Like this thread is more amusing than about 80% of threads on Sup Forums right now

Well, without an archive we can't say "Check the archive" to newfags asking the same question for the 100th time.

Yeah, well that I definitely agree with. The majority of anime discussion here really boils down to waifufaggotry and the same retarded questions if the show isn't currently airing. Generally current shows have good discussion when they're not the designated shitposting show of the season.

It's not archive.moe, it's archiveD.moe. Somebody just created a domain based on it.

You can always fuck off at any moment. No one is forcing you to stay on Sup Forums

This. Sup Forums is fast, don't get me wrong, but it has gotten a bit slower.

Why are you mad? He's right

Sup Forums is like 70% shit, but everywhere else is 100% shit. I'm not complaining, we were simply talking about discussion worth archiving. You don't need me to explain to you why vapid posts like "I'm going to marry Rin!" aren't really what's worth keeping for archival reading.

>he thinks I'm actually mad

Great argument, you got me all figured out .

Yes I want an Sup Forums only archive.

>It's like people who ask about which websites to stream anime from shit

I've seen people lately ask for streaming websites, and they're not given any shit about it.
Greentext threads are common, too.

What happened?

Site culture changes, that's all there is it. You can ask why there are so many generals on Sup Forums now, or why people use certain memes, it's just how the site goes.

Greentext threads are called out as being shit though.

Although aren't greentext threads more about posting a personal blog while using the quote function though?

That's nothing, I remember back when people posting HS screenshots used to be told to fuck off now look where we are.

>I remember back when people posting HS screenshots used to be told to fuck off now look where we are.
It's not like we have a fucking choice anymore.

This happened a lot with Luluco (to point out a recent example). There was no point to using HS when GCM, with superior quality and typesetting, was there.

Doki's subs for New Game are also better, but nobody seems to really care now.

You shouldn't care about HS because they're useful as speed subs from CR and the obvious of it being free. Then good BD batches are made later from whatever slow sub group is working on it which is also, free.

The only thing that bothers me are Funi rips with streaming quality encoding and hard subs.

reminder cr and funi releases might get even worse now with the partnership

That's because
>doki

Archives are cancer on the same level of generals. This is not a fucking forum.

You're just mad that people use archives to call you out on your pathetic samefag-shitposting and report your sorry ass to the mods.

>It's not like we have a fucking choice anymore
True, and it's getting worse every season, but thank God for those few based groups that are still around that do decent timely releases. Asenshi has been a shimmering beacon of hope the past few seasons, for example.

That's exactly how I look at it too. TV quality is dubious, no matter the source. Funi's eyecancer typesetting is unforgivable though, and I've made it my mission to dodge their releases at all costs.

Do you think this site is a fucking circus? You think Sup Forums is about making funny threads that'll get screencapped and posted on fucking facebook or /r/Sup Forums? Is that what all this place is about to you?

N-no

>This is not a fucking forum.
But that's wrong you retard.

>In fact I think it is the largest/fastest board on Sup Forums that has an archive
Sup Forums exists
Sup Forums exists
now fuck off

Nice trips, but with an image like that, you're not much better than reddit-tier "include me in the screenshot guize" reaction cancer.

You know what he means, not that I agree with him. Generals ARE fucking cancer, but /ghost/ is simply nowhere near as much of an issue because it's not part of the actual fucking board.

Yeah who cares about the other 99.9999% of posts

>an archive of the screenshots, with a rating system and comment section perhaps
Fuck off to Leddit you shit eating retard.

That might work for other boards where its all shitposting and no dicussion like Sup Forums and /s4s/, but for Sup Forums people actually like looking back and reading discussions or imagedumps and not just the funny moments that will have well circulated screencaps afterwards anyway

I only care about archiving Chaika posts

Nobody's freaking reporting the /r/ecommendation threads as they are supposed to.

>stuff I don't like are generals
Kill yourself.

So you're better than me because i use a normal pic instead of an anime one is it? How that's for a fucking logic.

>We
Fuck off.

Not even him, but yes. This is the anime board after all. You're not the first to get mocked for using non anime image macros and you won't be the last.

You'd know this if you weren't new.

>Not even him

Yeah fucking right. Eat a chode, you fucking faggot. I've been here longer than you are.

That's most likely to be your confirmation bias. Those people actually get told to go to all the time, and many of them in fact do.

bring back greenoval

It's been what, a year now? That horsefucker still hasn't merged the old Sup Forums archive.

Desustorage/desuarchive is the worst Sup Forums archive of all time.

>here
This isn't Sup Forums though.

Are you the other guy? I've been sitting here waiting to trigger him with 3D images. If not, i have better stuff to do.

>i have better stuff to do
AHHAHAHAHAAHAHAAH

Good one. Thanks for the laugh.

I'm right here, come at me bro.

It IS YOU

That sounds kinda pathetic, mate.