Spice & Wolf

Final cover of the anniversary book revealed.

Also, Yen Press is doing a second printing, because of course they are.

yenpress.com/2016/09/cover-reveal-update-spice-and-wolf-anniversary-collectors-edition/

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.de/Spice-Anniversary-Collectors-Isuna-Hasekura/dp/0316504017/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1473400019&sr=8-2&keywords=spice and wolf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I ordered in the first hour when the amazon listing went up, so mine better have a damn number on it.

So it won't be only 2000?

>It will be up and available to order on major vendor sites next week!
In theory we should get number version.

amazon.de/Spice-Anniversary-Collectors-Isuna-Hasekura/dp/0316504017/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1473400019&sr=8-2&keywords=spice and wolf
The first print is still avaivable on german Amazon. That, or they completely forgot about european customers.

The first print is numbered but the second isn't, so the people who got the first one still have something unique.

If we preorder the reprint version, would it be shipped the same day as the first edition or at a later date?

Most likely around the same time, as rightstuf grouped both prints up together on their store implying that both ship out at the same time.

Sweet. Thanks.

With how much the YP Twitter was hyping it, I guess I expected a little more from the cover, but it'll do.

At least it is not 3dpd .

>Not really a fan, but this will be cheaper in the long run as well as being nice itself
I don't plan to start seriously collecting novels for a couple years, though. I'm conflicted because second-hand might be crazy overpriced.

That was pressed leather right?

I'd prefer hard wood.

let's see if I get a number or a plain one.

I quite like the plain look, it fits being the true bible well.

That's great news!

>whole series in one giant tome

o i'm cummin

preparing to empty wallet

here is your fixed awoo, user

Cheers, user.

Well, Amazon is out until the reprint run gets put up for sale.

The Right Stuf seems to be putting both together, I guess to make it easier for them.

Do you guys think that Amazon will lower their preorder, or what? It's been a week or so now, and it's still the original price.

Got an email from Rightstuf saying the 2K release was distributed a lot more widely than they realized, so they can't promise anyone who ordered it will actually get it. Of course the price is locked in.

Why do I get the feeling the price for the non-numbered version will fall off a cliff as soon as it ships?

I wish they would at least differentiate which one was which. If I got the preorder from day one, am I still guaranteed a numbered copy, or am I going to be shafted?

Would having faster shipping give you a better chance to receive one of the numbers?

Holo or Horo?

>doesn't even contain the full series
I wonder what they'll do about volume 18.

Korbo

Got a reply email this morning, looks like it is going to be in the order people pre-ordered.

>Unfortunately, we have been made aware that this item was even more limited than expected. Part of the original print run was reserved for the author for special signing events, leaving much less than the original 2,000 copies actually available for sale. Also, demand was very strong, which has caused the publisher to allocate the inventory amongst all stores, meaning we won't get all of what we ordered for our customers! I know, we're super disappointed too. And to top it off, even we don't even know exactly how many we will receive! But what we definitely know is that the original numbered printing is completely sold out, everywhere. There's not a copy to be found that's not allocated to someone anywhere in the universe. When our shipment shows up, we will ship them out based on where you were in line - oldest orders first.

So no need to wait for Amazon to relist it right? If I order it from rightstuf I'll get it right?

>The 1st printing of this Anniversaty Collector's Edition has been sold out and we're sorry to say that quantities were very limited. We don't even know for sure how many we'll be getting, it was that limited. And, unfortunately, it is sold out everywhere. But worry not, a 2nd printing has been scheduled! In fact, if you order this item by September 15th, you will be GUARANTEED to receive a copy. If you order after that date, you're taking a chance that you may never have your very own copy of this, ever! And when we say ever, we mean there will be no more printings of this item, period.

Part 2.

Looks like you'll know which printing you got based on the shipping date

>The good news is that there is a second print run that's coming - and it's exactly the same as the first, with the exception of the page with the copy numbering. No other differences. Same exact content. And we've been assured your copy as long as you have ordered with us before September 15. Well, and your credit card goes through when they are ready to ship. Your price is also locked in at your original purchase price. Nothing for you to do but wait for your sweet copy of this amazing collector's edition. This second printing will ship in November to all of you who didn't catch the numbered edition.

>All numbered copies are sold
Well, I'm sitting on two of them right now...
I might just bite the bullet and get both instead of getting one for a lower price.

I'll give it as a Christmas gift or something...

>Second printing is in november
>Takes more than a fucking month to put a book together

Do I wait for Amazon or do I just go with rightstuf? I guess it doesn't really matter if I'm an un-numbered cuck right?

It doesn't matter.

Did Amazon lower the price yet?

So I'm confused, there's going to be a second print so it won't be
>Nintendo scalping tier limited
but it's still going to be gone forever after the second print (However many that is) runs out right?

It might be another 2k, or more. But the first 2,000 books are really worth the price. After that, I'd almost say get it if the price is right.

First 2000 is over and done with user, saying they're worth the price when you can't even get them anymore is whatever

>tfw missed the first 2000
I feel so discouraged, fuck work if I had stayed a neet from two weeks ago I wouldn't have missed this news

I know that. I got 2 before they ran out.

There is always the second printing. Sure, it doesn't have the numbers, but it's the exact same book in every other way.

I like that cover, simple and elegant. That would look good even in bookshelf not filled with anime shit. Could have been a looot worse.

Hopefully I'll get the first run version.

In another 10 years, they'll probably have a special edition containing everything, or just everything past 17.

When are we suppose to get a shipping date? When it's shipped?

To expensive for my taste for a book.

Ew, that's quite the disappointment.
Will it come with a dust cover with some fancy art at least?

Try 17 books and then some, all in one.

You mean all the books individual?

Yeah, it contains all the original novels.

Oh shit I didn't even know this was a thing.

I have to watch it now.

Finally finished reading the 8th volume. Now I just need to read 9 then wait for the bible to show up next month.

But then why would i buy it in the first place , i already have all the novels.

Why would I buy it in the first place, I already pirated all the novels

Hard cover, larger trim size, glossy pages, and color illustrations.
And for someone who hasn't bought all the novels, it comes out cheaper.

Then why are you here?

This, luckily i did not buy a vol or more yet.

If you get one in October it's numbered
If you get one in November it's not

Says right there user

How good is Rightstuf's pre-order policy? If I order a copy from them too to be on the safe side but actually get a numbered one from Amazon, will they let me cancel it easily?

>Always crying when Yenpress licenses every LN remotely popular and wiping out all fan-translations disponible.
>flock like sheep to their re-release because it got put in an impractical format with a fancy hardcover.

Sasuga user.

Never used RightStuf, but are they big enough to take a large chuck out of that 2k? In regards to initial stock containing the the numbers.

If only they had a website you could check.

I wish the best of luck for all you anons waiting for the confirmation on whether you got one of the first batch or one of the second batch.

Remmember, the important thing is you got one.

Preordered on the 31st, it was released on the 29th/30th for RightStuf. Hope I made it. Maybe I shouldn't have canceled my amazon preorder though.

Go figure JewPress reprints it though. Wouldn't be surprised if they sold over 5k extra.

That has nothing to do with the question he asked. He was asking roughly how many units they will receive based on the US market share that they hold.

Don't be a cock

It's not as bad with S&W because a) a full fan translation was available before they licenced it and b) the translation's pretty good, on par or better than the fan one.

I was thinking price and discount.
My bad.