What your excuse for not watching the best not-shojo of all time?

What your excuse for not watching the best not-shojo of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=15267
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First waited for Frostii to finish subbing the show. Now waiting for FroZen-EviL to finish the BDs.

I'm waiting for Frozen to finish the BDs.

I wish they'd upload the BDMVs instead of releasing 720p encodes with blurry grain.

I want a remake in time for the 2020 Olympics!

Remember when they made a new Attacker You for the 2008 Olympics?

FroZen-EviL just uploaded episodes 15 and 16 today.

Only 108 more to go.

Is the anime series (ended 1992) + movie (96) a complete adaptation of the manga (ended 93) ?

Better than nothing.

>Remember when they made a new Attacker You for the 2008 Olympics?

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=15267

The hell! This was first broadcasted in China and Italy FIRST?!!

I'm on episode 116 and I just want to say Yawara herself can be kind of a wet blanket(but without that there'd be no central conflict sooo) and Kuniko is insufferable. I like Fujiko, tho, probably one of the best characters.

That show was never broadcast on Japan but more direct-to-DVD

I wonder why

The series was pretty big in Italy. They also shoehorned it to be a side story of the unrelated Attack No. 1

How's the balance between romance/sport ? Is it as much about sports as K-on is an anime about music ?

I was reading the manga but the scanlations seem stalled. It was fun but I liked Happy better, mainly because I'm a sucker for ridiculous drama. And I can't stand Yawara's grandpa. And the worst thing is he gets away with everything.

It's a sports anime/manga, but it's mainly comedy driven. Yawara is basically unstoppable and hyper-talented, only held back by the fact that she doesn't really want to do judo. There are rivalries and friendships and that stuff, but it's very lighthearted. Yawara's grandpa is a little bitch, though. There is romance but it's pretty slow moving.

>Is it as much about sports as K-on is an anime about music ?

Apples and oranges, really. Judo's a huge part of the show but it's less about the complicated technical side of the sport and more about how it affects Yawara and her relationships with people. I wouldn't really call it a "judo show" but it's pretty heavily embedded in the story and a lot of themes in the show tie into the sport so I don't think comparing it to K-On where the music aspect just seems like more of an afterthought than anything is fair.

I want Urasawa to do girl sports manga again, just to see how he writes it now. It would probably have some sort of convoluted mystery plot intertwined.

bump, pls
The question is too specific and the show too niche to find an answer in wsr or google. I can't invest in a 124 episodes anime if it doesn't have a proper conclusion.

what is this?