Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cv0y0On8ZGQ
a.pomf.cat/odizfz.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=vlyFaDXg0s8
goemon-ishikawa.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=doEwWzMz99A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck yes.

I hope it's as good as Fuma Clan Conspiracy.

I hope that it's better.

Nice

Is this another Koike directed one? If so, consider me hype.

Do we know the format? TV, OVA, film?
I'm game for a Goemon-focused Lupin anyway.

It's gonna be a film. Apparently, it was announced after Jigen's Gravestone was re-released for another theatrical run.

>Goemon special in Fujiko anime style

NICE

Ooooh boy! It's the Goemon spin-off, finally!

Are you hyped? Jigen already had one, you should watch it user.
Also Jigen's Gravestone had the first appearance of Bluepin, who knows if they are going to use it again or go for a more classic jacket (red, since green was already used in A woman called Fujiko and i have lost any hope in seeing the pink again)

Yeah, I watched it. Damn good.

It's Koike

Fucking nice, I'm hyped.

It should be Bluepin. The Fujiko spin-off, the Jigen special and the Bluepin anime are like a soft reboot/new continuity, aren't they?

The Lupin series as a whole has a very convoluted timeline, but it seems that way yeah.

A bit late to the party but I finished the last Lupin season a while back. What's your opinion? I think it delivered on condesing all the different kinds of Lupin in one season and it was done smoothly. On the other hand they sidelined Jigen so much it hurts, he was almost an idiot. The last two episodes with Leonardo I didn't like very much too but I guess that because Rebecca really didn't click with me. Overall I liked it, some episodes were memorable like the vintage car one and the train chase one.

>waking up to this
feelsgoodman

Does anyone know how many episodes Lupin the Third 2015 got?

>more Lupin
>Koike

I thought it was alright overall. There are a couple of good individual episodes, my favorite being the one in Japan.

The overarching plot was okay. I would have preferred it to be a bit more like classic Lupin and not have one, though.

>The overarching plot was okay. I would have preferred it to be a bit more like classic Lupin and not have one, though.
I agree. The Italy theme was executed pretty well but with Leonardo they almost jumped the shark.

If this is as good as Jigen's Gravestone I will cum buckets. I fucking loved that movie.

Movies like Mystery of Mamo and even some individual episodes from each of the previous TV series jump far more sharks, IMO.

I just prefer the series to be episodic.

>It should be Bluepin. The Fujiko spin-off, the Jigen special and the Bluepin anime are like a soft reboot/new continuity, aren't they?

Fujiko and Jigen kind of seemed like they were intended to be prequels. Fujiko flows pretty neatly into season 1 of Green Jacket Lupin, in spite of its vastly different style, with stuff like Goemon appearing and being Fujiko's fiance, but always being stopped from looking clearly at Jigen's face, while Zenigata's assistant is pretty much removed. The very last scene also seemed to be pointing to the first series with the cartoonish way the car is suddenly drawn and Lupin acts.

Jigen's Gravestone ended with a shot of a villain from the first Lupin movie, who was said to be observing Lupin for a long time there. Although this one does have the oddity that it'd need to take place before season 1 too, but Lupin has that blue jacket, rather than green like in Fujiko...

There's still no first meeting of Blue Lupin and Goemon though, so I don't think they're intending this to be a reboot. Of course, maybe this new movie will change things and will be about another version of their first meeting. It already happened before with one of the tv specials showing them all meeting in a completely different way from the original tv series (with Goemon and the others all meeting for the first time at once, rather than the group being formed already when they meet Goemon).

>koike
I came

The main issue with having an overarching plot is that main cast dynamics get thrown out of balance . That's my main gripe with Rebecca and Nyx, they stole time and development from Fujiko and Jigen. I'm thankfully Monkey Punch vetoed any change of the classic cast.

>yfw ZENIGATA movie next

>its noir detective style story with a ton of moody monologues and smokey sewer grates

Did the subbed Blue Lupin have the extra episode with the Mokey Puch interview?

>Koike Jigen
>Koike Goemon
I like that these are just things that happen now. I want them to continue.

Fund it

>soft reboot/new continuity
I like to think the Lupin canon work like the cartoons canon

>’The things that I want’, by Kouichi Zenigata. A smoke. A sake. For the sun to shine. I want to sleep to forget. I wanna stop chasing shadows and I want that monkey mug out of my mind forever.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cv0y0On8ZGQ

a.pomf.cat/odizfz.mp3

BASED

I liked Nyx a lot, but he didn't seem to serve much of a purpose in the end.

Wasn't a fan of the whole Leonardo thing, but I liked the rest of it. I think I might be in the minority for actually enjoying Rebecca

I liked Rebecca, she just felt a bit too forced for a modern audience. As if Lupin needed a perfect waifubait character.

Oh shi- Lupin thread

Btw how shit was the live action movie? I almost forgot that it existed until recently

youtube.com/watch?v=vlyFaDXg0s8

>she is the richest
>and she is the sexiest super model on Earth
>and a more competent thief than Fujiko and can keep up with Lupin
>but she has a vulnerable side and is in love with Lupin
She was a bit annoying.

I thought it was kind of "Meh".

Oh dear god, Rebecca was too may things at the same time and it felt like the creators were trying WAY too hard to make a new female character that was likeable...

I agree, that's the problem. I dislike her but not the point of hate, she's just annoying. Nyx I liked better but his character didn't really go anywhere. It just feels like their screen time would have been better spent on the main cast, mainly Jigen.

I really like Rebecca

Honestly though I haven't finished the show yet

HELL YEEESSSS

If anyone has it, can you post the giant lupin series chart? Thanks in advance!

fucking thank you

YES MORE LUPIN!!!!

Man I hope Discotek picks it up. loved their Jigen's Gravestone dub. Also Do we know what Jacket color it will be?

Now which ones are worth watching?

I hope that we'll get a theater release in italy, it would be awesome

All of them.

>the news has spread over there

This is no strange at all, maybe the user in the image is underage.

So Bluepin did well in japan? Any chance for a new season? Or they well make an all new series again?

I wouldn't go that far. There was one with the most laughably bad CG I've ever seen and a plot that made no sense and boring at the same time... I want to say it was either "The Last Job" or "Operation Return the Treasure"?

It's a cap from the day Bluepin was announced.

>It's a cap from the day Bluepin was announced.

Yes but it's not weird to hear about Lupin in italy, not at all.
(sadly not much with the newer generations(

But at this point not watching 2-3 movies doesnt make sense, just watch the whole thing.
The way to go for me should be: Watch the first 3 series, now you are very well introduced to the characters, then Cagliostro (piece of art), then go a bit random, then Koike Prequels, then Bluepin, then go back to random picking the movies.
Eventually you'll run out of things to watch so start with the live action if you want.

>drawing Lupin with Jap eyes

fucking disgusting.

so wait.. does it come out Febuary 4th or March 2nd?

He was mimicking the actors of the first live-action movie, I think. And Pic Related was the real Lupin anyway.

Is the dub of Bye Bye Liberty any good? I wanna check out that version, but I don' t want it o be Fuma all over again.

Joseph
i
g
e
n
Gordon
o
e
m
o
n
Levitt
u
p
i
n

would be a perfect live action Lupin.

anyone?

I have been desparetly trying to find a Dual Audio version of Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone for what seems like forever, mainly because I heard that the dub actually had effort put into and because if I can, I like having Dual Audio versions of anime that have effort put into them.

Does ANYONE know where I can find a copy that doesn't involve private trackers and if so, can you point me in the right direction, because I got nothing right now.

Also, looking forward to this. More Koike is always good.

Just buy the Blu Ray or DVD from Discotek/Rightstuf's website. Has both the Japanese audio as well as that great english Dub. It's only $17 +shipping for the BD and like $14 I think for the DVD.

Hope they do the same with Goemon.

Info for you:

Takeshi Koike: Director
James Shimoji: Musical Composition
Yuuya Takahashi: Screen Play Writer
Yu Kiyozono: Producer alongside Koike

Official website: goemon-ishikawa.com/
In Cinemas (in Japan): February 4th

No money.

>James Shimoji
Not familiar with that person. I'm hoping the music isn't shit. wasnt a fan of the music in Gravestone nor am I impressed with the music in the trailer. I understand Yuji Ohno may not be the right fit for these Koike films but I wish they'd do a little less Rock/Funk, and keep it more Jazz like.

then get money. Who the fuck over the age of 18 doesnt have money in their bank account. It's cheap as shit. Also support Lupin. Don't download that shit.

He did Redline.

apparently the name is The Blood Spray of Goemon. This better be Gory as fuck.

>wasnt a fan of the music in Gravestone nor am I impressed with the music in the trailer
How can someone have such shit taste?

>Not familiar
brah
youtube.com/watch?v=doEwWzMz99A

>then get money
Wow, what a simple solution. Holy shit guys, genius of the decade here, someone get him a fucking phd. Also, get off your high horse, m80. Lupin is anime, like everything else that gets pirated. People will support it if they choose to, but talking like it's a "immoral" to download Lupin stuff just makes you look silly. Especially when the concept matter is about a fucking thief to begin with, irony be damned.

And furthermore, I asked nicely. You could have just said no and we could have left it at that.

It's lit!

Sorry but Revolver Fire reminds me of Tenacious D (which I like) but not for Lupin.

I'm hoping for something akin to a really violent samurai/ninja flick from the 70s.

Is the manga any better than the anime? I would like to read the manga but I can't find it anywhere and the general consensus seems to be that the anime is a fine stand in for the manga

manga is more like the Koike movie in terms of feeling
It's good but hard to find on the internet

Would you know where I could find it? Is it even worth it?

yes of course it's worth, it's a classic manga of the 60's but it's not completely translated.

It's on batoto I think

Yes! Yes! Oh yes!

Koike, Shimoji and Goemon. This is made specially for me.

The manga is pretty different to the anime. Pink Lupin is the closest, but still isn't quite the same. Give it a read.

Whoever said that it's a good stand-in is a boldfaced liar.

The manga is a very distinct experience from the anime.

The manga is incredibly different than the anime. Lupin is an absolute murderer in the manga and also a rapist. He doesn't really care about his friends or even harming innocent people until later in the manga, but he does start off as a piece of shit. Each chapter is episodic like the anime and the anime does take stories from the manga and make them into episodes (pycal and Lupin in Jail for example) but I'd say the manga versions are better because they go into more detail with the story. Most of the manga stories were never adapted into anime versions so those are cool to read. My favorite that I've read so far is called Flowers for Fujiko which is probably the 1st time in the manga I saw Lupin actually show that he cares about someone else.

The Manga volumes are like 13 years old an out of print. Most of them were never scanned so you might just have to buy them online. The 1st few volumes are still real cheap, but the later ones can get very expensive. I'd say they're worth getting of you're a big Lupin fan.

Just re-watched the trailer. It looks like Lupin will be wearing either Green Jacket or Blue Jacket. Definetely not red or any other bright colors.

I wonder when this will take place.

Fujiko Series takes place before Series 1 and Jigen's Gravestone takes place after Series 1. I imagine this new film takes place after Mamo since Zenigata thinks (not really) Lupin amd the gang are dead at the end of Jigen's Gravestone... Unless Zenigata is not in it in which case I guess it can take place before Mamo but I doubt it.

hell yeah

>Most of them were never scanned
user was planning to scan his own volumes a while ago, but it seemd it didn't work out.

Wouldn't a you have to ruin the physical book in order to scan them? I don't know how that works.

No, but debinding is the best way, You can get pretty decent scans without doing it though.

>Tfw we won't get an Old Man Lupin Film where he has grey hair and maybe a mustache

That's overblowing it a little, the most you can have is a good chuckle at thugs wearing Lupin shirts.

If you want to have flat scans, it is better to debind. But like user here says it's not necessary. Just press the book onto the scanner, and that is it. Sure, there will be some shadows in the middle, but that matters only for doublespreads.

>Everyone dies in the film
>Credits roll
>Lupin's corpse rises, takes off the old man mask, and gives viewer a smile.

>Worst iteration of his character getting a movie

No thanks

If its the Funi dub? Eh...its fine.

How good was the 2015 series ?