I've never actually heard people talk about an anime/manga as having "perfect" pacing

I've never actually heard people talk about an anime/manga as having "perfect" pacing.

Is there even such a thing? What's the manga/anime with best pacing in your opinion? Genuinely curious.

madoka magica

That's subjective.

pic related

This is a good example.
Anime originals tend to have much better pacing than adaptations.

While it can be a legitimate criticism, 90% of the time when anybody mentions pacing on Sup Forums it means absolutely nothing because they don't know what they're talking about and just want their complaints to sound informed.

bad pacing in anime is usually just stretching out chapters so thin nothing is left or too much filler, it's not fucking rocket science

Fullmetal Alchemist (the manga), even when physical developments were slow there was something tangible in every chapter that moved the story forward or fleshed out certain characters.

Escaflowne had perfect pacing for about 90% of its run, then it went insane in its last few episodes.

No shit.

From the New World had a good progression

I also like that it was a popular shounen manga that actually ended after a reasonable length of time.

Boku no hero has good pacing.

Hori too fast, I want off this wild ride.

This

Boku no pico had excellent pacing. It is a masterpiece of our time.

Call it Shinsekai Yori like everybody else, please.

The pacing in SSY was all over the place, specially after the timeskip

Nah.

Except when it's Taboo Tattoo/Big Order tiers of bad, in which case yes. Bad pacing is something you'll know when you see it.

It's up to taste.

I remember Evangelion had great pacing.

Escaflowne has focus issues, not pacing ones.

it just built itself up as it went along

Fushigiboshi no Futagohime has to be the best little girls cartoon I've seen for this. Every episode is important to the plot, which progresses every episode, and the characters, all of them, are constantly learning and growing along the way.

SSY had awful pacing. Not SnK tier of awful though.

Perfect pacing personified.

Hyouka was one that struck me as an example of why pacing is important. Maybe not perfect, but more of a "I can see how this would've sucked if it was all intense all the time".

Pacing was bad, especially during the winter chapter

I cna't manage those 5 minute shows because the pacing is so bad.
Many Key shows have slow pacing, and also Hyouka which was mentioned.
That Asuka Cryin' show had awful pacing, it went on way too fast.

I've never actually heard somebody who isn't retarded talk about pacing in anime/manga.

Wow, do you even know what pacing is? Why don't you try google it first and find out what it is.