Danberu nan kiro moteru?

A new chapter is out for our cute girls lifting cute weights! Making a new thread today from yesterday's so that it can be seen and typset!

Here are high quality raws (which I'll dump jpg versions of here)
mega.nz/#F!oYhQ3IAR!y1U7IhhGa_zHApm8AApDjw

Here's the official websites
urasunday.com/dumbbell/index.html
manga-one.com/

And batoto has the previous chapters!
bato.to/comic/_/comics/danberu-nan-kiro-moteru-r19600

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8eAj08nAFP4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Chapter 4: Stretches
>Sunday

Hello, Hibiki. When are you going to the gym, today?
>Souryuuin Akemi

Oh, Akemi. No, I was gonna go to the gym today...
>Sakura Hibiki
...but I think I pushed myself way too hard during training, yesterday...

My muscles are in even worse shape than usual~
Ah! That's something you want to avoid, for sure! You don't want to over-exert yourself.

It is better to have a break and take a rest day.
Mmmmm...I guess~ Feels like I'm losin' progress if I'm takin' a lazy Sunday, though~

......Ah! Of course! Then, how about we train somewhere else for today?
Eh?

Danberu Nan Kiro Moteru?
What Weight is Popular?
How Much Can You Lift?

Public Pool
The pool didn't even cross my mind~

Swimming is an excellent way to train every muscle in your body, equally.
It's great for therapy, as well.

It is also a very popular way to help focus on your physique.
Ohhh, didn't think about that.

........I lied.
Nobody might've noticed yet, but.....

My swimsuit's tight!!!!!!!

It's a good thing I came to the pool sooner than later...I gotta buy a new swimsuit.
.....and besides...

........this Akemi, you seriously have such a nice body. Even though we're in the same year, she feels like she's in a place I could never touch...

.........hey, Hibiki, do you think of my in* that* way*? [TN: Emphasize 'in that way']
STOP MAKING EVERYTHING SO PERVERTED!!!!!

[QC Note: I know A LITTLE Japanese (I lived there as a kid) and I can tell in the middle panel as Hibiki is thinking to herself, she doesn't just say "Akemi." She's adding an honorific and I think it's something praising her akin to -senpai but more dignified like -lady or -noble. I think she's saying "tono" or something. She placing Akemi in a separate class above her but I don't know the Japense to say what it is. Unfortunately, maybe because I'm tired tonight, I just can't think of a good, analogous term in English right now without getting to formal. So if you're wondering why I felt it should be changed instead of just "Akemi" it's because it's setting a respectful tone from Hibiki which makes the joke funnier as Akemi takes her staring in a the lewd direction instead of honorific.]

Geez....I was just thinking about how you've got pretty much the ideal body, when I looked again.
If I keep working hard at the gym, do you think I could ever look like you, Akemi?
Oh, that's all...

But, I'm still a long way from being satisfied with my muscles' development. So, let's keep working together to become macho!
No, I'm not trying to look macho.

Have you ever noticed? Looking at someone's physique, it can tell you a lot about a person and what they do.
Their physique?

Absolutely, like that girl there. She is very likely a competitive cyclist.
SERIOUSLY!!?

Her leg muscles are particularly well-developed, right? That's a trait of cyclists.
I get it, from her leg muscles.
.....hm?

Hang on. Don't skaters have amazing leg muscles, too?
Very intuitive. That's something to consider, as well.

Look. She's tanned only from the thighs downward, right? Competitive cycling gear leaves exactly that kind of sun tan.
That's......that's amazing!

You can tell so much just by looking at their body.
So? It's interesting, isn't it?

.........yeah! It actually is!!
Let's try it on a few more!

How 'bout that super fit girl, there?
She's training to keep a trim build, so she competes in a sport with weight classes. Since her wrists are prominent, I think she does karate instead of boxing.

Alright, how about that very composed-looking woman?
Her muscles are extraordinary. Especially those on her back and shoulders, she likely competes by "pulling"...she could be an experienced judoka or wrestler.

......you're incredible, Akemi. You could be a detective in the future.
They're mostly simple predictions and guesses, I can certainly be wrong, too.
>A detective...

Maaaan, but hearing that and seeing those toned bodies, I just get really motivated.
It makes me want to try even harder so I don't lose to them!
[QC Note: I love your TL note earlier, bud. Both because it's interesting as fuck to me for cultural and hobby reasons but also because the more I know about your reasons you translate a term to a specific word, the more I want to consider that term myself and become more specific, whenever possible.]

Let's hurry up and get in the pool!
First, gotta remember to stretch...
STOP RIGHT THERE!!!
END THOSE STRETCHES, NOW!!!!!

...what's wrong, Akemi?
>Did you just totally get off-character?
Hibiki...
Do you know of the purpose behind stretching?
Huh?

What for.....I mean, that's it, yeah? Stretching muscles, make them all loose so we don't injure ourselves during exercise, right?
......Hibiki. I'm afraid your knowledge is horribly misguided.

It is entirely foolish to stretch before exercising. On the contrary, THAT is what causes injury.
HUUH!!?

If you attempt to stretch before your body is warmed up, it may cause tendons to snap or harm those muscles instead.
For real!?

Moreover, stretching is linked with a decline in performance.
According to the University of Zagreb in Croatia-----

"When performing stretches 45 seconds prior to exercise, a muscle's contraction power goes down an average 5.5% and overall explosiveness or jumping strength decreases by 3%."
So, by stretching, you're actually getting stiff!?

But just about everyone stretches before they workout, even in the gym!
That's true...There are still many people who don't understand the effects of preemptive stretches.

Oh man......
Does that mean we shouldn't do anything before exercising, instead?

Not at all. Instead we do DYNAMIC STRETCHES before our workout.
D...Dynamic stretches?

[QC Note: The building behind Akemi IS the main building of The University of Zagreb. Also, I thought "getting stiff" was better than the exaggerated "can't move" for the better irony and that the audience reading this is probably "getting stiff" seeing all these girls in bikinis...]

Dynamic stretches are mobility exercises that move your muscles and joints, warm up your body and raise your overall flexibility.
>*Rotating both shoulders

Warming up your body is tantamount for preventing injury and enhancing performance.
Ohhh

>Text On Right Side - Akemi Approved Dynamic Stretches
[Top Right Title] Shoulder Rotations (Inward Rotation, Outward Rotation)
[Bottom Right Title] Shoulder Blades
>Small Text] Bend your elbows same shoulder rotation
[Bottom Left Title] Toe Touches (Hamstring)
>[Small Text] Swing your leg up. Keep it straight.
[Top Left Title] Side-Bends (Sides)
>[Small Text] Stretches this area here

QC Note: If you want to use more specific names for muscle groups in the titles or descriptions, the top right and bottom right are "extrinsic, intrinsic" or "rhomboids". The bottom left is Hamstring (same). The top left is the "serratus anterior." Fyi.

So? It's a different experience than regular (static) stretches, right?
Yeah!
>Pectoralis Major
>*Push your chest forward with your arms back

It really feels like my body's loosened up.
Ufufu, right?
>Hip Joint (Front to Back)
>*Swing each leg back and forth

Haah By the way, Hibiki, you know all those radio exercises are also examples of dynamic stretches. Haah
Haah Oh yeah! Now that you mention it, they're a lot alike. Haah
>Hip Joint (Left to Right)
>*Wave each leg side to side

So? Has your heart rate gone up?
Yeah! I'm all warmed up!
>Hip Joint Outer Rotation

Maaaan, dynamic stretches are pretty great! I already feel I've exercised just from this.

This makes me feel ready for anything----
>SFX RRRIIIIPPPPPP!!!

..............sorry.
My swimsuit just split.

.......you should go buy a replacement.
.....yeah...
>Always exercise in clothes that are appropriate for your activity.

Replay

>Retrieving a spare swimsuit
I'm glad that didn't happen in class, at least.....

Okay, let's go with this one.

Nooow, let's get back out there and swim already!

>SFX RRRIIIIIIIIIP

[QC Note: Dunno about the title being "Repeat." "Relapse" has the same meaning but can fit the theme a little better with her eating addiction...but it's not like this happened over days or months (this is her spare swimsuit from the tear that happened just minutes before) and that this caused by binging again. Personally, I like "Replay" since the same thing happens for the same reason, immediately after, and this is an extra page you see at the end of the chapter.]

Alright! Just trying to get this visible to our typesetter friend in case he lost the last the thread in the archive or something (and to help expose this manga to anyone who hasn't come across it. This is an imageboard after all.)

Thanks again for our translator who keeps coming back to translate this manga. It's always detailed, concise and same-day-efficient. You're the best!

Kudos to the user who uploaded all these raws to the mega in a higher quality and in lossless webp format. Technical stuff.

So, how about we dump the previous 3 chapters? Seems reasonable to interest and to keep things alive.

This manga is so great for the reactions. I mean, c'mon; a bulky gyaru and a machojou?

What's she thinking to herself, do you think?

She seems...enthusiastic...

Thank you for the awesome work and translations, anons.

I'm sure such a new clean facility that welcomes high-school girls will be a more relaxed environme----

>...

Wish my gym had this kind of energy

Sup Forums can be a p great place sometimes, huh?

I'd burst on her pectoralis if you know what I'm saying

>dignified ojou
>wealthy
>smart
>popular
>has an enormous fetish for muscly guys
>loves working out
I want a machojou

Chapter 2: Bench Press

Smug girl like to do it on the bench

>lmao not even 1 pl8

Everything about him is handsome. Even to his soul. Flawless. He---

Machojou? No. She comes to the gym to practice in the lewdojou.

>/fit/'s superpower
also
>rape

And oats

>indulgent body
every time

Am I the only one who thought of FF7 squatting mini-game when I saw this page?

She gets more lews talking about weight

Thank you for the chapter. I should catch up with this since I haven't read the first couple of chapters.

Hey, that's what a new thread every two weeks on Sup Forums is for! Get some interest out there, some community bonding, look at cute girls lifting cute weights.

Forgot the cover pages

>Here are high quality raws
I don't think they're higher quality. Just zoomed in a little.

My gym isn't this high energy, but at least it allows you to drop weights and make noises louder than a whisper.

Yeah, mine, too. Mostly because I'm literally the only person in it half the time.

>not allowing you to drop weights or make noise

That's a library, not a gym.

Planet Fitness might as well be a library.

>want to start going to a gym
>5 minutes away from home: $60 a month + year contract
>15 minutes away from home: Classes only, no open gym (Fuck you Orange Theory)
>17 minutes from home: $40 a month + year contract or $50 monthly - no weight racks
>30 minutes from home: Gold's Gym

I think the universe is telling me to be a weakling

I honestly don't recall the last time an author had two series in the same magazine; I've seen plenty in different magazines of course, but this is a first to me.

I humbly await /fit/ to further educate me on proper stretching practices based on this chapter.

You don't have to use a gym to get strong, I've been training in my backyard for nearly three years and the only indispensable piece of equipment for me is a pull up bar. I'd join a gym just to meet people and gain connections.

It's literally the case. Those gyms are known for banning people for making too much noise. Customers have been asked to leave for making people around them feel insecure. Not even joking. They generally hold "pizza parties" on the first Mondays of every month and have a sports bar inside many of them where they sell you overpriced, brand name energy bars and sugary drinks.

That looks like a great manga, picked up.

I do actually do a dumbell routine, I just feel like I've kind of plateaued on it and I'm just doing more reps vs heavier ones.

I want to squat, bench etc but this gym situation is a bummer

I just watched a video of some lads tripping that alarm, and jesus christ that sounds loud as hell.

youtube.com/watch?v=8eAj08nAFP4

How is this allowed? Won't such a loud siren go over the legal limits set in OSHA? I'm not american; laws like this exist in the majority of the civilized world.

/fit/ here. It's true, stretching "cold" is not good for you and actually decreases flexibility. It's better to just to lightweight/no-weight versions of the exercise you're about to do for a bunch of reps before loading up.

However, static stretches when you're all done DOES improve flexibility overall. You shouldn't try to push yourself hard at all, but it's definitely how you should cool down after any lifting or cardio.

Dynamic stretches - pre workout
Static stretches - post workout

Why don't work towards one arm push ups and pistol squats? Unless you are doing one arm pull ups and full ROM handstand push ups effortlessly there is no limit to how strong you can get with just your bodyweight.

Who knows?

>No Gymtimidation

Japanese gyms suck or so I've heard

Holy shit that's loud

What's wrong with fucking deadlifts?

assume that all those exercises have the potential of dropping the weight loudly

Realistically it's because most people drop the bar at the end of each set.

Socially, I bet people who attend those gyms...if they ever asked you what kind of exercise you were doing and you told them, "deadlifts" they'd probably burst into treats and talk to the management for trying to kill you.

>They generally hold "pizza parties"
Gotta retain their clientele

being swole is also not allowed.
and don't be scary-looking
if you're buff you're too scary

judgement-free zone

Many just drop the weights loudly, causing disturbance and not caring for the equipment others will use.

>Sign banning bodybuilders
>Includes a gallon bottle of water
Are they banning being hydrated? All drinks and foods must be OCP?

This author has two? What's the other one?

Kengan Asura, a more standard fighting sports manga were all fighters are borderline psychopaths who cripple each other on the ring that's his main series.

Danberu started recently, probably his pet project.

Both on Ura Sunday, they must allow it because he is the writter while having different artists at his call.

>Dynamic stretches - pre workout
>Static stretches - post workout
Thanks.

It's, of course, completely wrong - like everything /fat/ says.

Just saying.

>no skull caps
OY VEY SHUT IT DOWN

You're completely wrong and that user is completely right. Every bit of research indicates this.

Don't speak from between your buttcheeks, asswipe.

Is this yuri?

Wow, first time like ever that i saw my country in a manga.
i was 90% sure that 90% of the world didn't know we existed.

Croatia has been getting quite some exposure in anime and manga as of lately.

Bulgaria, on the other hand.. I've only seen a reference to it once (reference, because it didn't actually get a mention). They showed a bulgarian sumo wrestler for a split second.

So this series is basically amazing?