Which bizarre series is better - Baki or JoJo?

Which bizarre series is better - Baki or JoJo?

Baki, no contest.

JoJo, no contest

JoJo, no contest

Baki, no contest.

I've never heard of Baki. JoJo is known internationally.

>JoJo is known internationally.
So is Baki you retarded JoJofag.
You're not the equivalent of international recognition.

Baki, no contest.

JoJo, no contest

>posting the poster of the mediocre jojo part
4/5/6 are way better than sbr overhyped meme.

Baki is bettter than parts 1,2,3 and 5
Parts 4,6,7 and 8 are better than Baki

And how is this relevant to the argument?

My answer is Baki even if only to piss off the retarded mass the jojo fanbase has become.

Baki, no contest.

Is Baki worth reading?

I would say it's an acquired taste. I love it.

JoJo, no contest

>comparing baki to jojo on Sup Forums

Baki is still very much a niche series in the west, while jojo, especially after the anime, is an internet phenomena.

Baki is pretty popular in the nipponese, or else it wouldn't have gotten 4 manga series, a 2 cour anime, and 2 OVA.

yes

>both series are named with a no contest after the name

thats a contest you retards

>Baki is still very much a niche series in the west, while jojo, especially after the anime, is an internet phenomena.
I just realized pre-anime JoJo threads were as comfy as Baki threads right now. Thanks god Baki will never be bastardized.

No contest.

True patricians appreciate both.
>I've never heard of Baki.
That's because you're a pleb.
>Thanks god Baki will never be bastardized.
Yeah, sure.
That's what we were saying with Shizuka and Deepfag years ago, just you wait until a new Baki anime gets made.

I'm pretty sure you haven't heard of JoJo before anime came out, casual.

I can't see Baki becoming a hit like JoJo, it's too strange for a lack of a better word. I sure don't want to call it, though.

>new Baki anime
Isn't the OVA going to be released this year?

Yeah, it was going to be bundled with one of the limited edition volumes or something.

I'm pretty sure the series with robotic spirits is more bizarre

Have you read Baki?

Here's another manly action series gem.

Baki is Sup Forums

Jojo is facebook/reddit

whats baki about
is it fun

>mah secret club
Yeah fuck the author, I hope it never becomes famous outside of Japan just so I can discuss my favorite manga

the fuck is that? Now I'm interested

If it hasn't become famous outside of Japan by now, it never will be.

Heard the french released a translation though.

He uses martial art visualization in order to punch an unearthed 8ft tall 400 lb caveman so hard his arm explodes.

Jojo, though the bizarre aspect isn't what makes it good

Nice post man.
I think posts of this quality qualify as spam, no?

>never heard of baki

Get out.

Yes, fuck the author why would I care about some retarded jap?

But Jojo became really popular in the west thanks to 2012 anime, so that's still almost 20 years since part I premiered in WSJ. So it's never too late for a boost of popularity.

>almost 20 years
shit, I meant almost 30 years.

Yeah, but Jojo has always had the western appeal; even before the anime, there were large communities for the manga.

>But Jojo became really popular in the west thanks to 2012 anime
JoJo was always really popular internationally. It didn't become popular thanks to the anime, the popularity just increased.
But yes because of that I agree "If it hasn't become famous outside of Japan by now, it never will be" isn't how it works. Most casual watchers probably haven't been exposed to it and you never know what'd be like if they were.

In terms of quality, JoJo is much better. Baki is much more repetitive and often gets boring. JoJo is a lot more imaginative.

In terms of bizarreness, JoJo has a more fantastic world, most of everything that happens makes sense according to its own rules. Baki just tries to out-dumb itself several times. I end up having to rethink what I just read to realize that JoJo isn't weird, whereas Baki leaves me chuckling from how retarded it can be.

Yeah. It's as if none of you faggots were around 10 years ago when the WRYYYYYYYY meme became popular. That was an introduction for many people to Jojo, and even before that it was one of the more well known manga out there, besides basic shit like Dragon Ball and Ranma.

Baki pre-Musashi > JoJo > Baki post-Musashi.

Looks like someone can't comprehend the power of imagination.

I liked Musashi before but with all the salt he's generating it's even better.

It's about /fit/ dads who use their sons as human nunchaku to smash cars, unearthed triceratops wrestling cavemen, chinese kung-fu, roided manlet destroyers, Ninja Che Guevara, human pacman chubby chasers, boneless assassins, bullet munching Yakuza, imaginary giant insects fighting, Obama and Miyamoto Musashi being actually a nuclear dual imaginary sword wielding humanoid velociraptor.

That's about it, I guess.

Yes, it's extremely fun.

>Obama
Another manga with him?
That description reminded me of another ridiculous manga, Legend of Koizumi. It has fucking pope Benedict XVI and Adolf Hitler in the cast.

They're completely different things.

That's irrelevant and also shows that you started reading manga a year ago.

Did someone say silly casting?

I glanced at chapter one and it looks interesting. Is it good or just bizarre/silly?

Why is this even a thread?

Exactly, Baki is much better.

I'd like to read Baki, but MC's face turns me off so much.
Not the artstyle itself, just the face.

Why?

i don't like homos
soo...

The mole
These things trigger my autism so much

Baki is a super qt
You just have shit taste

Jojo went the fujoshit route after part 4 so baki wins.

Hokuto no Ken, no contest

Kinnikuman, no contest.

Baki's artstyle is as "good" and "stylized" as ZUN's or Fukumoto's: It's objectively shit, but other aspects of their work can compensate for it.

Part 4 and up, Araki's art improves significantly. And even back in part 1, I'd argue that he was a better artist than whoever does Baki.

>tfw reading baki vs yujiro final encounter in Son Ogre

What a fucking blast. Shame Baki Dou hasn't delivered that well.

Hot opinion there pal.

I think Memetobe vs Musashi will be a fucking freakshow

>It's objectively shit
You're mum is objectively shit, no wonder she gave birth to you.

I'm loving the Musashi butthurt Sup Forums has.

Memetobe's wild ride has been amazing too.

Baki is shit. JoJo isn't great or shit, just mostly meh. So JoJo > Baki.

No baki thread so I'll ask here; where the fuck do I go to read Baki dou? I followed Spinyback for a while but they seem to have stopped on 102 whereas on mangafox they've got Spinyback's shit and then jumps like ten chapters ahead and has gone like another ten chapters ahead. All translated.

I'm believing in the hype, he's been around long enough to get his time.

Souten no Ken > Hokuto no Ken

mangahere

Being able to phrase normal moments in baki like these is why i fucking love it

same thing there really

I'd say Baki.

Which group is doing the newest chapters?

because there are two groups translating the manga

JoJo. No contest

Also I want to start reading baki but there's like 4 different manga and I dont have the time to read all that
Is it like sun-ken rock ,the action never stop and I wont see time passing or does it have boring moment between fights? Also what's the order to read it?

grappler baki > new grappler baki > baki son of ogre > baki dou

scarface and kenjin for spinoffs

First manga isn't completely translated, but you can watch the anime instead for the missing parts, which is pretty much limited to the big tournament arc.

>jojo is best
>i havent read baki
>>>>>

also
>like 4 different manga and i dont have time for that
>jojo is 8 parts
come the fuck on user.

Anyway; you start with Grappler Baki. Then onto Baki/New Grappler Baki. Then Baki son of Ogre. Then Baki Dou.

For some reason the first part isn't completely translated. I started with the anime that only covers that but I'm not sure what most anons did.

The series doesn't really develop fully until New Grappler Baki imo. Almost like Jojo and stands.

Thanks
Will read it when I have time

Actually no, not at all like Jojo and stands; I take it back. It just takes a while for it to develop into what the rest of the series feels like.

Was he autistic?

Do I have to read all the Baki's or can I start at the new one?

You wouldn't know much about the characters without reading the previous parts, but the story is pretty much contained in itself for now, so maybe.

>does it have boring moment between fights?
I'd argue the "boring" times between fights are more fun than the fights themselves sometimes, but yes, there are a few times in which the characters don't fight and get some development, most are either absolutely surreal or very comedic, some are a bit serious and dramatic, but rest assured, there's no boring moment in Baki, it's a 24/7 wild ride.

If it seems or is enjoyable at the newest then go ahead. Story and plot in baki is really secondary. What you'll lack though is world knowledge and characters. The current part, Baki Dou, isn't super fast paced. I doubt you'll enjoy it unless you're familiar with the characters and get hyped for their fights. If you wanna skip around I'd almost say start at New Grappler Baki.

You can start at New Grappler Baki and you don't miss much except the character introductions. Starting at the newest one is not a good idea, though.

Just in case, the order is Grappler Baki, New Grapler, Baki Son of Ogre, and Baki Dou. The anime only covers the first series, and the part covered by the second season isn't scanlated yet.

>Baki is much more repetitive and often gets boring. JoJo is a lot more imaginative.
I dunno, Part 3 is kinda dragging on for me

>JoJo. No contest
>Also I want to start reading baki
What?

WOW NICE JOKE BRO XD

Those boobs and chubby tummy UNF

Both are great but JoJo has more sentimental value for me

post baki panels/images/reactionfaces