What makes an anime "entry-level"

what makes an anime "entry-level"

What are some examples of non entry-level anime to you. lets see those opinions

lurk moar.

Why lurk when I can just make a thread about it?

It's mostly opinionated so It's not some objective answer to be spoonfed to me

Go back to MAL, you don't belong here.

I don't use MAL

It's a terribly self-explanatory name and you should feel stupid for asking.

It's not though and you're a retard.

I'm big into Work!! safe+request at the moment, you should check it out

I don't think that was the focus of the show but they're obviously displaying that the long work hours are fucking horrendous, I think Japanese people already display frustration at it though already so it isn't anything new.

If it was shown on a TV channel in the west, it's entry level

Checked

Wtf is happening in this thread? Is everyone agreeing that the whole OP:s is a subtle "Akari" is not entry level and that the image isn't just a "questioning anime character"? I'm not being ironic, I really don't have any idea about what you're doing.

>what makes an anime "entry-level"

Anime that gets popular around normalfags which Sup Forums stops liking for that reason.

Like Attack on Titan or something like that.

The normal view is just "mainstream" anime that gets popular in the west, like Hetalia, SnK, Naruto, etc. Sometimes it's further extended to pretty much any "low" drama like SAO and whatnot, simply because people are elitists.

I look at it differently. Entry-level anime should be relatively light on the distinctly-Japanese bullshit, as well as avoiding too much mindfuckery. For instance, Evangelion is extremely popular even in the west, but it is VERY far from what I would consider "entry level". I wouldn't introduce a friend to anime with it, certainly.

Good entry level shows - i.e., stuff you'd use to get non-anime friends into the genre - could be stuff like:
>Nichijou - that sort of humor transcends cultural lines.
>Girls und Panzer - niche, but good if you have a background in tanks.
>One-Punch Man! - mostly references shounens that already have a presence in America, like Dragonball Z, etc.
And so on.

An entry level anime is one that panders to a large audience, has some very specific gimmick and is either unremarkable or just good or average.
In short it's not a niche or a masterpiece.

How do you even think that much into it? Entry-level just means that they are usual gateways into a medium or genre, basically popular shows which a lot of people will start with before delving into more niche stuff.

Is this some elaborated bait?

All the best shows that you can't dislike so they'll secure the entrance into the anime scene. They addict you with their awesomeness and almost every anime I have seen after them has been less enjoyable than them. Elitists use this word alot to feel superior despite the fact that all anime after entry level stuff in my experience, is always worse. Deathnote, code geass, attack on titan, ttgl, psychopass are some examples. dbz barely called that because everyone knows it, unless they're faggy underagers. I can't name entry level CGDCT or slice of life because I don't watch that garbage

If it's popular

Angel's Egg is not entry level