Storytime: Konjiki no Gash!! AKA Zatch Bell: Volume 5

Continuing my dump of Gash bell.

Gash bell is a Shonen action/comedy series by Makoto Raiku. The basic plot premise is that there are 100 kids from the demon world who come into the normal world to fight until only 1 is left standing, who is crowned king;

I'll be making a thread every day (can't give a specific consistent time of day yet due to IRL bullshit) and will post 1 volume every day until the whole run is posted.

Previous threads:
Volume 1: Volume 2: Volume 3: Volume 4:

Other urls found in this thread:

n-u-l-l.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>FAQ:

>Why should I be interested?
It has really fantastic art, good humor, great tactical fight's with great choreography and is really excellent at utilizing both positive and negative emotions for FEELS; admittedly the series is a little rough untill arc 2 rolls around where all the above really shines; the art in particular.

>Where are your scans from?
NULL's release. their site is here: n-u-l-l.net/ and they can also be found on bato.to and mangasaurus. EBJ has superior digital volumes for sale on their site, but they are japanese only, I'll be buying and ripping them eventually. There's also some really amazing quality Portuguese scans, but only for like 20 chapters halfway into the series, and, you know, aren't in english

>Isn't Zatch bell that kiddy pokemon ripoff?
You probably saw the localized anime. The anime is pretty not great, and the localization is fucking terrible. The manga is way better, but even it admittedly starts out only above average untill it gets into the second arc.

I encourage you to post and respond to stuff as i'm dumping pages. It's far more fun for me while dumping if I see other people reacting to stuff that's happening and there' conversations I can reply to. However, please do not post images till I finish so the image limit isn't hit before then.

Been in these threads for all the volumes you've dumped so far, thanks OP, have a bump.

Thanks for keep doing these threads.

Thanks!

Thank you OP. It has been like 9 years since I watched the anime and i'm really loving the manga so far, keep the good work.

I was beginning to think there won't be any dump today, thanks for doing this OP, first time reading it.

Gash playing is so cute.

I said like twice last thread I'd be starting later then normal today

Fuck yeah Europe time

>Tio already wants Vulcan's D
Vulcan 300's harem grows every chapter

Oh sweet, this is the volume where they travel over to England.

In the anime at least, don't they meet Ponygon /Umagon alot earlier? I could've sworn i remember Ponygon shenanigans trying to follow them on the plane. Aswell as general filler style playing in the park before the trip.

Regarding the spoiler, maybe? I don't into the anime that well.

>that oni face

'The first of many more to come

>England is a poor country with streetkids in Japan's eyes

Best dad

>according to legend, tsuchinokos are extremely harmless
According to legend tsuchinokos aren't dinosaurs

Literally me.

I remember Gash Bell was a bit like FKMT's stuff for me. Namely, I wouldn't have picked it up because of the art, but then I heard it was pretty good and I ended up reading everything.

I've been waiting for this

Damn, Suzy's legs stretch from here all the way to Yaayaa.

In a way, you could argue that filler vacation was good stamina and endurance training. It will come in handy later on.

>Kiyomaru, I've got something to say before I get violent!
Huh, the Viz translation is
>Kiyo! This room is already a mess! I didn't even do anything!
Also, the fish guy says something different.

Which is correct?

I'm not sure, I'll haveto look into that when i end up doing scans of the series myself in a few months

>denying Noguchi
He just wants to see morning glories, man.

Why is running so good in this manga

>run after hoodlum that stole your luggage
>become friends with him after newfound respect over ability to run
Gotta love shounen

>when i end up doing scans of the series myself in a few months
What are your plans for that anyway? Are you with a group or just doing it solo? Are you willing to share it with us on Sup Forums at all?
I'd certainly be interested in some high quality.

OP are you okay

I'm going to buy the whole series on ebookjapan, rip the pages, and if the group that did the translations for the release i'm dumping allows me to, use these translations on the higher quality ripped pages alongside some minor corrections and stuff I make to the translation that I noticed.

I actually will want some of your opinions (from people who have read the whole series already) on what I translate certain spells as, since this release is incossitent and I wannna pick one consistent spelling for everything, I'll probably go into more detail with some examples and maybe some strawpolls in later threads to get your opinions on them.

For example, for Brago's later spells Graveidon vs Gravidon vs Grabeidon; Bari vs Barry, etc, that sort of thing.

>Are you with a group or just doing it solo?
Solo, unless the guys who did this release wanna do it over with the rips I provide instead of me doing it myself/if they wanna help, or if any of you do.

> Are you willing to share it with us on Sup Forums at all?
I'm not gonna dump the series all over again. But I'm def going to make sure I do whatever I can to get My higher quality release avaiaible publically, be it on nyaa or bato.to or so on. Even if the guys who did this release refuse to allow me to use their translations, and I end up not being able to do it, i'll make sure the raw rips are on Nyaa or something.

I don't have a timeframe for any of this. Could be in 3 months, could be in 5 months, could be in a year or more. All depends on when I get money to buy the volumes and when I have the time to do the editing, though the raws will be up just as soon as I get the pages ripped and I can get them uploaded.

Sounds like a euphemism for something.

Also this is the sort of convo i'd rather wait to do till I finish dumping so I don't take forever between pages.

If you really want to know when all that stuff happens, I guess you could post a gmail address speffically for this that you could set up to automatically foward incoming mail to your actual email; so that way in _ months I could just email that address saying I did it and to check nyaa or something?

I can also try to remember to just make a gash bell disscusion thread when I get the raws/scans out/started and say in it what I did and make people aware that way, IDK

Lastly, if any of you know any fourms or other places that talk about the series a lot, feel free to tell me those places, so I can ask people's opinions on the translation consistency stuff there as well and announce progress for my release there too

Man, all things considered, Kiyo is a great MC

That's a pretty huge project, user. I wish you the best.

>spell names and character spelling
I watched the anime dub on cartoon network a good ~10 years ago so I've been a big fan of the localised names. ie Suzy, Kiyo, Zaker
However, i get the feeling this would cause a bit of a shit storm so i don't really know/think its a good idea to use them. Actually, the proper translations are probably the way to go with some minor spelling corrections.
One thing i personally would prefer are localised spelling. ie Koruru to Kolulu

Regardless of what you end up doing, I'll still try to get a hold of your finished product. It sounds great.

Yeah, once Kiyo gets over his early edge phase he really starts to shine. Definitely one of my favourite MCs.

Well, i'd certainly be using Suzume and not suzy, since she's a japanese character with a japanese name, but stuff like Bari vs Barry is a lot more ambigious, and with the Gurabeirei vs Graverei stuff, along with some other spell names, to me at least it SEEMS like the localized name is more accurate to the intent

Since it's a gravity spell, it's obviously meant to sound like "gravity", so Graveirei is more accurate then the literal "gurabeirei", same with Eshro's spells which have tiehr "Gran/Gurand" in them, which is obviously an engrish way of saying "Ground", and his "Kurei" spells, which are clay/sand based, which is obviously an engirsh way of saying "clay", and the localization outright translates them as "Ground" and "Clay"

Translation stuff aside, this upcoming fight is probably in my top 3 fights in the first arc.

Raiku's art has already improved quite a bit by this point as well.

Gurabeirei vs graverei is kind of a no brainier to me, it's obviously supposed to be graverei and that's pretty much an accurate romanization anyway. But I think krillin is a better romanization than kuririn and I'm pretty sure people don't agree with me so maybe I have shit taste.

hope we get seshield instead of seshirudo as well

Really wish I had the color version of this page

I'm leaning on either just doing

A: a literal transliteration for all of them (or what the community accepts as it, anyways, I don't actually into moon myself), and leaving a translators note explaining how I think the localized names or better or on the page the spell comes up going * Prounounced like.... as in "gravity"".

B: Or, just using the localized/obvious english intended prounciation where one existrs, and using the transliterated one where there's no obvious intended english meaning. So, like, for Ugar (fein's spell), i'd keep it as Ugar, since the localized "wigar" doesn't sound like anything the spell relates to anyways, but i'd use Graveirei since it's obviously meant to sound like gravity.

I'm reading this guys voice with a heavy chav accent.

It's worth noting that as a reminder, Kiyomaro is only 14 years old.

I don''t even remember what his voice in the dub is like

Fuck yeah, Kiyomaro