Tuntematon Sotilas (the Unknown Soldier) from 1955 is the national movie of Finland...

Tuntematon Sotilas (the Unknown Soldier) from 1955 is the national movie of Finland, shown every single independence day around Finland for free on the TV for the last 16 years. Similiar to "It's a Wonderful Life" shown every christmas in the U.S., we watch Tuntematon every independence day.
There are 3 versions, 1st in 1955, 2nd in 1985 and 3rd in 2017. It's based on a book from 1954 with the same name.

The newest 2017 remake premiered yesterday and it had the largest budget of any movie in Finnish history. The cinematography and editing is excellent, the actors do a good job, it's cast is beautifully white and it's very nationalistic.
imdb.com/title/tt4065552/

I suggest every Sup Forumstard interested in the Finnish continuation war to go and see it if it's available in your country.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_M8_hS0gqU8
youtube.com/watch?v=HGdNGE-EP4A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

has it been pozzed at all, fingol?
should I watch the original first?

As a person who was an extra in this, i highly recommend seeing this film.

You should, it is a classic.

Oh shit. Is this movie based on the finnish book "unknown soldiers"? About a finnish machine gun squad. The book was so good to read.

No one gives a shit about your meme war efforts and tiny little country. Your economy is shit, your women are whores and you are not even a real country. Russia should annex you Mongols already.

Regards,
Hong Kong alpha

nationalism is cancer

How does it feel like being oppressed by China?

kys faggot, nobody gives a fuck about finland

Yes.

No one cares about finland

t. guy living in a rabbit cage

>Hong Kong
>Alpha
Yeah buddy, about that..

Well look who's talking! Murican fuckwit!

Ylis is speeding again :D

Oppressed?

Ayyyyyy, I wouldn't call practically free labour and billions of dollars flowing from Mainland oppression.

>implying I'm from Mainland China

are there subs?

I saw the trailer and it looks like it'd be pretty amazing to see in 4k

fug

>implying you're not a soulless gook minion

>very nationalistic.
Its anything but nationalistic. It's directed by Louhimies and even has a "race" mix romance between a finn and a russian. Tbh its provably more anti war

The fact that it stayed true to the novel and didnt have stronk womyns in it doesnt make it Sup Forums approved

>105 IQ
Yeah, hey, just leave the car there. Nice zero urgency.

But user, I'm not even Chinese.

How does poverty feel like?

will do user

Presidend öf Fijnlöndija annt Rossiija are smoging wed ant drönking fönnis famos Biir döggeder nowatays!

Much collaboration, so good good neighbours!

Didn't some guy who was spouting "all white heterosexual males should die" do a making of film about this.

I don't care what you are. You're some gook shill is all i know. Go inhale your cancer fumes for the glorious communist state you meat puppet.

can you give me the name of the author. i want to read the book first.

Väinö Linna - Tuntematon Sotilas

Väinö Linna

Bro your """country""" is smaller than a finnish village

thanks

Who cares about what the actors believe personally, it's all about the movie. Even racemixing hollywood jews have made decent movies.

where can I watch/download this movie? preferably with subtitles

Implying this movie will be shown in my cuck country.

it just premiered so there probably isn't even a TS version available yet. Check your cinemas (we need the money)

Greetings from Finland!
Finland the Funland :3

remind me when its released on torrent

Its prob gonna be banned.

Absolut kino

I prefer this fine example of Finnish Kinography.

>t.tankie

Taking my 70 year old Finnish mother to see it when it comes to our Art House in November.

Talvisota is another great Finnish war film. It's extremely long however. Will be nice to watch the remake of Tuntematon Sotilas when it's out on a torrent.

youtube.com/watch?v=_M8_hS0gqU8

unfortunately foreign films are almost never shown in the majority of Americuck theaters, or else I would go see it.

Fuck you. Finland is Winland.

We need the money, you have lots.

It was a masterpiece,

It looks like the best war movie since Private Ryan.

youtube.com/watch?v=HGdNGE-EP4A

>Tuntematon Sotilas
>Not a single nigger in the movie.
Surprised how sjws are not flipping over this.

>2nd in 1985
I think i watched that version, i remember a scene where one guy got blown up and mutilated and his friend told his family how he was shot in the head and didnt suffer, is that the movie?

You might be thinking Talvisota (1983).

There is more nationalist in finland than there is sjw.

Trust me, they are in here. One woman reporter asked Aku Louhimies (director of 2017 version) why there arent many women in this film.

>1989
>Checks my DVD collector's set

Huh. No idea why I thought it was 1983. Still, fantastic miniseries.

It is very good, I may be biased because I'm finnish but as a war movie it's very well made.

torrent with english subs? I am 7% finnish I want to embrace it.

torrents of the 2017 version are not out yet.

I love that I made this meme and I see it everyday.

It is like a child I don't have yet.

I imagine it will be great. I'm biased too, but anything where Finns kill Commies is a-okay in my book. I love the first two versions and considering this is supposed to be the most faithful to Linna's book, I'm sure I'll love it.

Now, we just need to find a network to produce Täällä Pohjantähden alla in a manner where they won't fuck it up.

Checked, when it is out. Post and I am sure a bunch as well as myself will grab it.

Are any of the older versions worth watching?

23andme said so anyways.

Good to hear that.

Tis better to only be 7% Finn than to be 1% Swedish.

Both older versions are worth watching, they have pretty much the same story but most people believe the 1955 version to be more patriotic than the 1985. Depends if you like to watch your movies in color or not, because the 1955 version is in black-and-white. It's still good though.

I just want a movie where every character is played by a naked Kiira Korpi.

Lul muh 56% meme

I am 8th generation American.

>pic related

the 2017 has some pretty nice finnish bewbs in it. Inside a sauna.
pic related, she's completely naked in it.

Wasn't she in Ainoat oikeat? I wanted to shoot myself after watching that.

>No bong
Fake.

>Paula Vesala
Take that Uruk out of my face.

I am blond/blue eyes Tall and fit.

Something you should appreciate since it will be gone in a generation in your country.

>Pic related as people ask if I am this faggot all the fucking time.

No

I support and love extras, P.A.s, and crew.
I'll check it out.

What's Wilma Rosenqvist up to these days? Loved her in Kekkonen tulee!

Hahahah nice fantasies

>Chinese
>Calls others Mongols

LOL

Probably cant find it yet. Wait for a few months, then I think it finds its way to internet

>tfw American theaters will never show Finnish films

>Implying
I'm sorry Antti, but there are more people in south's cuck towns than in bönde, plus all the people who are indifferent about these things

If there were more nationalists than sjw's, then why the hell do we have only one actual nationalist party (Sininen tulevaisuus not counted) while sjw's have the Greens, Left Alliance, SDP, and Centre?

Not true. In Michigan, there's enough Finnish diaspora to warrant it coming to the Art House theaters in Ann Arbor, Royal Oak, a special viewing at Cranbrook (big connections to the Saarinen family) and Marquette in late November.

>bönde
Is this even a Finnish word?

Considering "isapaabulinnusabakattesulesilmamunavärvivabrikukuldväravaauvahtkonnaülemapühapäevajakirinnataskusisevoodrivahe" is cromulent in Estonian, do you have room to question Finnish?

My parents hate niggers but they vote kokoomus or keskusta. My factory työukko kaverit vote sdp becouse muh unions but they also hate niggers.

Most people just dont really care about these things.

That's awesome. Might drive up to see it over Thanksgiving break if it's still showing.

Check Royal Oak Main Art Theater. It Tuntematon sotilas may get bumped around Thanksgiving so they can do their annual showing of the Tommy Wiseau masterpiece, "The Room" around then.

Bönde sounds like word from non-finnish language, caught my eye.
After looking it up i know that the origin of this word is Swedish/norwegian.

So Swedes again in action fucking things up

There's a saying in Yooper Michigan: "A Swede in your sauna guarantees a forest fire."

They know what is up.

I miss fishing on the Järvi River near Gay, Michigan

Swedish loanword, only used in slang.

>Järvi River
>Lake River
>Gay, Michigan

Swedes are gay

It was a wonderful film, lots of throwbacks to the original b&w film, good visuals and cinematography, much more antiwar than the original black and white one, brought a tear to my eye. Good stuff, they even had our finnish equivalent of Justin Bieber get shot in the face for peeking out of the trenches

So I thought from the start. What baffles me is the Swedes response to my question "is this evan a Finnish word?" .

The history of why it's called Lake River is sort of lost. There's the possibility it was named after the Järvinen lumber camp and the Danish diaspora shortened it because Danes are retarded or it's named after the fact it empties into Lake Superior (the 2nd largest "lake" in the world) and so it's The River that empties into The Lake.

That or the Finns who settled there just wanted to fuck with non-Finns.

As for Gay, it's a cute little town and was one of the last places to have a bar that served Kossu until the State of Michigan banned its import.