No explanation as to how 14 years could have passed without the eva pilots aging

>no explanation as to how 14 years could have passed without the eva pilots aging
>Kaworu and Mari doing nothing to prevent shinji from grabbing the spears
>Mari being generally useless and untroubled about everything happening
>Kaworu casually mentioning himself as being the 1st and 13th angel with no explanation how it was possible or why it was significant
>absolutely none of the teaser trailer shown at the end of the second film was in the final product
>gay fanservice

what the fuck was anno thinking?

>what the fuck was anno thinking?

About money, you fool.

Anno has for almost 20 years been more concerned with his favorite characters (Asuka, Kaworu) being on top of popularity polls than he has with producing quality Evangelion stories. As a consequence, he's been raging mad that Rei was as loved as she was.

In other words Anno was thinking that if he could present Asuka/Kaworu more positively and humiliate Rei, he'd get the results he always wanted. Because that makes no sense to a normal person and actually is quite despicable, he made up a lot of nonsense to form a smokescreen for what he was doing.

If people are too busy asking irrelevant questions that will never be answered and have no value in being answered, they'd look past what he has done. The idea was to ensure that people did not see the forest for the trees.

Enjoy the visuals and the weird feeling of being minfucked. Like always. There's nothing underneath..

Why the fuck do people think this? 3.33 did very little but attempt to alienate everybody that enjoyed the wholly well received 2.22. It would've made so much more sense financially to make another movie like that. If all Anno was thinking about was money, he'd have gone down the Rei route again since she's the most popular girl in the franchise.

What was this scene supposed to represent?

The thing is, Anno only made NGE as good as it was because he was under pressure to do so.

With Rebuild, his only concerns are on making Rei more popular.

Hence Rei is targeted, humiliated and put down. They even make sure to rewrite the character and other characters to put emphasis on Rei as a clone Shinji's mother, where in previous works she wasn't to kill off any shipping.

So it was never about the money, just about catering to otaku.

>Kaworu and Mari doing nothing to prevent Shinji from grabbing the spears

They both tried to stop him. Mari fought Rei while Asuka took on Shinji, trying to stop them. Kaworu told Shinji to stop, but before he could do anything, his controls were shut off.

>Absolutely none of the teaser trailer shown at the end of the second film was shown in the final product

Why is it people think every damn time one of these movies comes out that footage produced before the sequel is even in production (no final script, no final staff, nothing) will be in the final product? It's a teaser.

There's plenty of stuff to complain about in 3.0, you don't have to make up stupid shit

I never get tired of reading the tinfoil hat bullshit this movie has produced. Anno really is the master.

Not the OP, but the only one being an idiot here and making up stuff is you.

You need to stop reducing yourself to an idiot just to defend 3.33.

>b-but Kaworu!
When they go down, he goes completely catatonic and doesn't respond to Shinji's plea for help.
Mari didn't contact Shinji despite the fact that she very well could. Instead, she brings the banter to Rei Q.

>When they go down, he goes completely catatonic and doesn't respond to Shinji's plea for help.

When they see the spears, Kaworu notices something is wrong. After that he goes unresponsive because he's trying to figure out what the fuck is going on and think about what they should do. That was extremely unhelpful given Shinji's condition, but they were both confused.

When Kaworu seems to realize whats up and starts telling Shinji they need to stop, they literally show his controls getting shut off. It was a planned part of the trap.

>Mari didn't contact Shinji despite the fact that she very well could. Instead, she brings the banter to Rei Q.

It was a 2 on 2 fight. You can't just ignore one of the people fighting you.

>When they see the spears, Kaworu notices something is wrong. After that he goes unresponsive because he's trying to figure out what the fuck is going on and think about what they should do. That was extremely unhelpful given Shinji's condition, but they were both confused.

In other words, OP's question is completely valid.

>It was a 2 on 2 fight. You can't just ignore one of the people fighting you.
Dumb strawman, this is talking not fighting.

It's like star trek even easier, open a channel and shout away. Mari doesn't even care and won't even speak to Rei Q about anything that makes sense.

Q is shit, and we really, really don't need idiots like you wasting everyone's time by pretending it's not.

>In other words, OP's question is completely valid.

OP said Kaworu did nothing. He verbally tried to convince Shinji to stop, and before he could go further, was prevented from taking any physical action.

>Dumb strawman, this is talking not fighting.

I have no fucking clue what you are talking about, but all four participants exchanged blows, so I'm willing to call it a "fight."

>OP said Kaworu did nothing.
Which is pretty much fucking true, all he did was remain catatonic to only complain when it was too late.

He is 100% passive, even in the fights, and unlike Shinji, isn't even seen motioning to make the EVA move.

Kaworu does fucking nothing, and it's unexplained.

>I have no fucking clue what you are talking about

Congratulations on being retarded then. Mari could at any time thrown Shinji a message.

>Mari could at any time thrown Shinji a message.

So the person Shinji trusts at this point more than anything in the world who he thinks knows everything there is to know tells him to stop and that's not enough, but a person he's only met once when she skydived onto him could surely convince him.

This may be long, but I have nothing better to do.

3.33 in the end was about how Gendo is literally the fucking man. Gendo in the Rebuilds knows everything, has a plan for everything, and in the end - everything goes according to plan (almost).

Start with the Spears, which seems to be everyones problem. Kaworu expected there to be both the Lance of Longinus and the Spear of Cassius present down in Central Dogma. He says that when they're used together, they are objects of creation.

INSTEAD, he finds two Lances of Longinus. What the fuck? Well, note that Lilith and Mark.06 are impaled together by one of the Spears. The other one is ONLY impaling the headless form of Lilith. Where is Lilith's head? With fucking Gendo.

Why is this important? Because Gendo's plan is to awaken Eva.13 with Kaworu and Shinji inside, while not letting Kaworu or Shinji know that that is his plan. At one point those Spears must have been down there, but Gendo replaced one of them at the same time he removed Lilith's head, and had it moved to a secret place only he knows about. Instead of watching what's going down in Central Dogma, Gendo is just staring at Lilith's massive head. BECAUSE he knows that when Lilith's body explodes from the Spears being removed - the head will too, letting him know that the awakening of Eva.13 is beginning.

Gendo is the rebuilds is fucking CRAZY. He knows everything, and is 100% behind all of the events unfolding.

Pretty much, because Kaworu shits on the entire trust thing they may or may not have going on by ignoring him when he needed help. Ignoring someone when they need you and you're right there beside them? Yeah, that kills trust.

...and you know what? They have NO FUCKING TRUST. It's so shallow it's downright disgusting. All they have, and I mean literally all they have is Shinji's desperation. Playing a little bit of piano with someone and saying something vague doesn't build trust.

The only thing Shinji wants is setting things straight, and Kaworu provides a way out, that's why Shinji is following along with Kaworu.

Once Kaworu says "eh, what I said earlier isn't right after all" of course shit goes to hell.

That is, unless Kaworu is smart about it and explains stuff to Shinji, which LOL HAHAHA NOPE is something Q doesn't do.

Well, thanks for making a long shitpost, because literally everything you say doesn't matter in any shape or form whatsoever.

Boo, your low effort reply doesn't really interest me.
You're looking at a forest and missing the trees.
I know you'd like to think you have a one-up on Anno and that he failed to make anything with any meaning - and that you're obviously better than it. But you're just not. You don't get it and that's okay - because I don't really get it either. But at least I know there is something TO get - we're just missing a lot of information, considering we're still out a film.

Eh, I'm with him on that, rebuild Gendo is literally All According to Keikaku: The character. The mastermind of masterminds. But he's a fucking asshole too, more than he was in NGE. I dislike that part, personally.

>The only thing Shinji wants is setting things straight, and Kaworu provides a way out, that's why Shinji is following along with Kaworu.

Hey man, I don't disagree with this at all. Kaworu fucked up big time. He thought he was helping by capitalizing on Shinji's vulnerability and selling him on an easy answer that would fix everything, and it turns out he sold him way too fucking hard.

That said, in scene we're discussing, that's irrelevant. Shinji trusts Kaworu absolutely. The reason his pleas to stop don't work is because Shinji can't let go of that trust, the one thing left he believes in. Nobody could convince him to do anything else in that moment.

>That is, unless Kaworu is smart about it and explains stuff to Shinji, which LOL HAHAHA NOPE is something Q doesn't do.

Kaworu fucked up by not explaining shit from the beginning, absolutely. But he couldn't explain the lances being fucked up, because he doesn't know how that happened or what it means.

I don't think Kaworu's a rocket scientist or even a good person. The only point I disputed is OP saying he did "nothing" during the climax. He did, but he failed because of his actions earlier in the film.

So the essence of your argument is that you can't show to any concrete meaning that makes sense, but that's because you haven't seen another film.

Do you understand how dumb your whole PoV is? There is nothing to get you gigantic moron, nothing along the lines you've spoken.

So, both of you, listen:
Gendo is only a big bad because the thing, poorly written plot of Q requires it. He is the excuse which Anno made to justify all the ongoing events.

He has no depth, he has no character, he literally is "keikaku doori", just those words, and nothing more. Anything else you yourself fanwank into the character from seeing NGE. He will be shut down the second plot requires it for equally small a reason.

There is only one thing you need to get: It was made to pander to Kaworu and Asuka otaku. That's it.

And what makes you so sure of your (even more) tinfoil hat theory that Anno is just milking the series for money?

You also know jack shit. At least I'm not as sad and cynical as you, and I can actually find ways to enjoy this series, instead of going on a forum and shitting on it like the edgelord you are.

What do you want from us? To admit that we were wrong and we should just stop caring about the series? What could you possibly get out of that?

No. You get nothing, because you're honestly just upset that you're missing something. The plot wasn't spoonfed to you and you don't like that. Take your shit elsewhere, it's so lame and overdone.

>That said, in scene we're discussing, that's irrelevant. Shinji trusts Kaworu absolutely.

How is that consistent with Shinji not trusting Kaworu when he says "stop" ? Stop being stupid please. It's as clear as day that:

1- Any screentime shown with the two together isn't enough for two people to trust each other
2- Kaworu prior to telling Shinji to stop, betrayed Shinji's trust by ignoring him and not helping him despite he was just there
3- The fact that Shinji doesn't heed Kaworu's words is itself proof that he doesn't trust Kaworu, at all.

>But he couldn't explain the lances being fucked up, because he doesn't know how that happened or what it means.
Yes, he could. He could simply explained to Shinji what the Lances were, and what sort of Lances they needed - before even going down there.
Not only that, he could have simply explained to Shinji that they have to do it "later" or some other things, or get another set of spears first.

Effectively, Kaworu did nothing because what he did was as good as nothing. What OP means without this, is that Kaworu isn't seen doing anything but speaking in Q, and doesn't actually move the EVA like Shinji does, with either hands or intent.

Rei-Q is her own person.

>And what makes you so sure of your (even more) tinfoil hat theory that Anno is just milking the series for money?

I'm not saying that Anno is in it for the money. Like this guy pointed out, there is more at play here.

>You also know jack shit. At least I'm not as sad and cynical as you, and I can actually find ways to enjoy this series, instead of going on a forum and shitting on it like the edgelord you are.

Shitting on/eating Rebuild's shit is two sides of the exact same coin, when you come here and gobble up the crap that is Q, you're far worse because evidently, nothing you write makes sense on a rational level.

>What do you want from us? To admit that we were wrong and we should just stop caring about the series? What could you possibly get out of that?

It's not what I would get out of it, it's what WE would get out of it, which is maybe for once, an honest discourse about Evangelion. Nothing will change if you just gobble it up like some idiot.

I'm not missing a single thing, but you are by spinning wild fantasies that doesn't make sense.

If I have one plea for you, it's this: get real.

Get real and understand that yes, every scene and idea in Rebuild has a meaning, but not an in-universe meaning. It's purely meant to affect and pander to others. These scenes and elements are made up so that otaku will spin insane fantasies and escape into Eva-land like you have done.

There IS no meaning because you're supposed to project whatever you want onto it. That's why the characterization is left empty for except every character Anno hates - those he makes sure to fill out with negative elements.

>3- The fact that Shinji doesn't heed Kaworu's words is itself proof that he doesn't trust Kaworu, at all.

Shinji demonstrates that he doesn't trust Kaworu at all by doing exactly what he spent the entire second act of the movie convincing him to do?

Shinji trusts his promise that everything can be fixed. Even Kaworu's own words later on can't break that trust because that's the only thing in the world Shinji believes in.

Shinji's reaction to Kaworu's death should be evidence enough that he doesn't feel betrayed by him. He blames himself for not listening and literally says "This is my fault".

>Yes, he could. He could simply explained to Shinji what the Lances were, and what sort of Lances they needed - before even going down there.

He absolutely should have done this.

>Not only that, he could have simply explained to Shinji that they have to do it "later" or some other things, or get another set of spears first.

By the time he decided pulling the spears would be a bad idea, it was too late for this.

I get that, but that Rei reminds me of the one at the beginning of NGE and the end of EoE. Does she represent anything in particular? Why or how do people see her? Or is she just another of Anno's random mindfucks with no real meaning?

>Shinji demonstrates that he doesn't trust Kaworu at all by doing exactly what he spent the entire second act of the movie convincing him to do?
Not the entire act, he tells him to stop, remember?

Stop being an idiot, and accept this undeniable logic:

>Shinji does not trust Kaworu because Shinji does not do what Kaworu tells him to

They never trusted each other. It's not realistic, and Shinji clearly doesn't trust Kaworu when he tells him to stop, and Kaworu clearly betrays Shinji's trust when he doesn't help Shinji when he's in need.

>By the time he decided pulling the spears would be a bad idea, it was too late for this.
No, it wasn't, because he figures it out the moment he enters there.

This:
>Or is she just another of Anno's random mindfucks with no real meaning?

Any and all Rei-related appearances in Rebuild stopped mattering the second Q dropped her character and went on an all-out attack against the character.

The spectre of Rei follows Q around. When Shinji encounters her, he talks about a version of her she doesn't know and gets upset when she doesn't act the right way.

I think that's what the ghost represents, that knowledge that she's a fake version of somebody that was real, and the identity crisis over whether she should try to be the self everybody else knows or her actual self.

It represents nothing.

>Shinji clearly doesn't trust Kaworu when he tells him to stop, and Kaworu clearly betrays Shinji's trust when he doesn't help Shinji when he's in need.

Yep, he seems really betrayed by Kaworu after he tells him to stop alright.

Very, just look at your own screencap. Here Shinji is quite clearly not caring about what Kaworu wants (for him to stop), yet claiming he's doing it for Kaworu's sake.

In other words, Kaworu is reduced to a person with no will or wants from Shinji's PoV, he's not someone he trusts any more but simply an object.

Yet he completely blames himself for what happens, not Kaworu, and immediately turns to Kaworu to ask what to do when shit goes down.

He trusts him.

He doesn't trust Kaworu, otherwise he would have not pulled the spears. I'm sorry but there's no way out of that one. It's canon for Q and all it's shitty writing.

That there in your image is only Shinji acting out of desperation, he has no idea what goes on and asks what to do. People acting together out of desperation isn't trust.

Kuronami >>> Shironami

0/10 shitpost

Kuronami? more like Kusonami!

u mad kid

Eva 3+1 when?

>But at least I know there is something TO get - we're just missing a lot of information, considering we're still out a film.

2025+1