Which settings in anime do you like the most and which do you want to see more of?

Which settings in anime do you like the most and which do you want to see more of?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mD25nzI35aE
mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=62170
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Contemporary highschool.

Space

This.
High school settings are extremely underrated, we need more.

1920s

Gosick's setting was perfect

I don't know what it's called but I liked the setting of Gargantia where a kid lands on a planet and explores its wildlife/culture

medieval Japan

/thread

>Contemporary highschool
>Contemporary
As opposed to?

Flintlock fantasy

Neo Tokyo is best setting but we could use some more anime that takes place inbetween 1900 and 1914 Japan

TAISHO era Japan. Just one series wasn't enoughhhhhhhhh.
youtube.com/watch?v=mD25nzI35aE
>Uploaded on Jul 5, 2009

The one's that take effort to make

Ancient high school?
Medieval high school?
Victorian high school?
There are too many to choose.

Space western.

Fantasy based on reality

I need more series where the crew is on one big fucking ship and get to know all the characters from each deck. I don't even care if it becomes an SoL

>Demon high school
>Alien high school
>Underwater high school
the possibilities are endless

All of these sound more interesting than contemporary high school

That's because you are gay.

I'm a sucker for gothic and cyberpunk aesthetics, especially when combined with the occult.

actual OTL WW2 without magic pixie dust or other shenanigans.

Like, a real to history re-telling of WW2 from 1937 to 1945 and shortly afterwards.

Mobile high school. All the students are trained as mercenaries who destroy satellite dishes and act as bodyguards for annoying as fuck rich girls. Also the high school is actually owned by a retarded looking alien with big hands for no reason. He lives in the basement.

I fucking miss Gosick, too bad the anime was only alright while the novel is top tier.

Taisho and Showa eras

>annoying as fuck rich girls
Perfect.

Speculative Contemporary Sci-fi like Psycho Pass. Was refreshing to see such a realistic take. It wasn't for nothing that the creators banned the word moe.

The writing went downhill in the second season so it wasn't really watchable. The movie was ok if you could get past the constant engrish.

Vampire Hunter D is like that

Watched the movie recently it's fantastic and still holds up

1920 high school / College setting during the Jazz age. Slice of Life appreciated.

Medieval.

Early Modern Germany

Either the MC is a Clausewitz esque genius military tactician who earns his harem through blood, or a Lamentations of the Flame Princess type deal where everything is too crazy to comprehend.

She is actually the reincarnation of a millenia old sorceress. So is the ex-wife of the headmaster; for no reason. The students have to travel to the end of time to defeat the sorceress, who's summoned monster is the same as the hero's necklace. Also for no reason.

I should write anime.

Love those movies. I wish Sentai included the original Streamline dub on the blu-ray for posterity's sake.

Cautiously optimistic about Resurrection too, the CGI has me worried, but the fact that Kawajiri's on board and it has Kikuchi's blessing makes me believe it's in good hands.

It bothered me even from the first time I saw it how D is a dark and mysterious Amano character and all the environments are also dark and serious and then the damsel is the goofiest looking 80s kawaii uguu~ looking bitch.

Still a good movie though.

Is industrial revolution germany close enough?
mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=62170

The streamline Totoro dub is the only one I can watch actually, the subs or Disney dub are impossible for me.

With D I watched it first with subs so don't have a real preference for that tho

>Medieval high school?
>Girls are beaten for blushing
>Your teacher is a monk

Do people actually think this fuckboy shit looks good?

You're right, we need more battle high schools.

>Hell
>high school in hell
>isekai in hell
The possibilities are endless.

Make it a harem and have magical battles and I'm sold

I wanna see a hentai based on rotterham

More rural settings are always nice.

>Taisho and Showa eras
Fucking this, please.

>Is 300 years apart close enough?