It's a fuck off type of thing.

>Is this a good, or bad thing?

That's for streamers to figure out.

Who cares. I use kissanime.

Look at you

ANIME IS FUCKING SAVED

UURRGGHGHH IM CUMMING

Thanks

Dattebayo is gonna troll us again like they did 13 years ago.

>proud of being a streamer
You're just as bad as a crunchyshitter.

>paying to stream anime

>13 years ago

Fuck it hasn't been that long, has it? It was '08 ish

Why do these threads still exist, the answer is the same every thread. Nobody likes crunchyroll and nobody likes funimation.

Who care white pig?

Go away Funimation.

Funi is shit too fuck off streamer. There is literally no excuse for streaming in 2016 with sequential order downloading available on torrent clients

Go away aniplex.

This. Too bad that fansubbing is almost dead now although even if it's alive, I doubt some obscure or children series will get subs like what's happening at the moment.

Ask Diaz.

I enjoy anime streaming and anime streaming accessories.

They might mean we'll never have to deal with Funirips ever again. If that's the case, then it's amazing.
who cares about what people who stream think though

Not really; he's at least smart enough not to drop $10 a month for a limited anime selection and IMO the quality gap between high-quality streams and torrents is closing.

The best reason to drop KissAnime for torrenting is that it forces you to have AdBlock off and then throws popups at you every other page.

Fewer sources for rips like HS'? Otherwise this in no way affects me.

>horriblesubs does not exist
Whatever CR and funi do, has a notable influence on our hobby unless you only watch BD rips.

This

Why? Because I dont waste HD space on shit? If I love a show then I download it

So it doesn't matter to you because you are affected the same way we all are?
Where exactly do you think did kissanime get its video files?

>the quality gap between high-quality streams and torrents is closing.
Sure, sure, whatever you say. Nobody will ever be able to convince your kind otherwise, so there's no reason to bother. Enjoy living with knowing you're using the inferior option when the better one is easily accessible.

>muh HD space

Fuck off you poorfag subhuman scum

the ironing

bad for streamers, bad for fansub fans.

Basically, CR is going to buy out Funi (navarre corp stock is at an all time low, otter media [CR parent company] is at an all time high), and it's going to be sometimes soon; probably after the terms of this "partnership" is over. Funi will see an increase in their userbase and stock price, but when the partnership is over, it will show as a decrease because their analytics will say they lost viewers after the partnership. Shareholders won't like that the company they are buying into is going downhill even further, and start to sell off stock. CR will step in, give them an offer to buy out the company, and if Funi is smart in a business sense, they will take the offer.

CR isn't just going to just cut them a check and be done, they'll sacrifice employee pay and take whoever they can get in terms of skills (the past 5 or so years just goes to show what a tumble in QC they have taken) to make up for paying off the buyout with the profit they earned by docking the employees. They'll either have to sign new contracts that give them less pay and more responsibilities, or quit and watch someone else take that position. Rent in SF is a lot higher than in Texas (CR and Funi HQ respectively) so one obviously has more motivation to stick around than the other.

animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2016-09-09/.106251

it's win-win

What does this mean for you, the anime fan?

the already abysmally low standards for pushing out a release will get abysmally lower: Increases in mistranslated lines, bad timing/typesetting, bitrate starved encodes due to improper settings fiddled around with by amateurs, stuff that even casual watchers will begin to notice and realize something is up.

People will stop using HS because of the quality of the subs ripped will fall even lower. Fansub groups will start looking for help wherever they can get it (people obviously willing to work for experience/e-peen) to pick up the shows that fans really want to see TL'd. However with the perceived drama that revolves around fansubbers and "fans", fansubbing will most likely die out completely because nobody wants to see certain groups release because "muh cartel".

TL;DR

Anime is dead.

>Nobody

There's the naive thing

Not now, Chicken Little. If anime dies it won't because two localization companies signed a partnership.

I'd just learn japanese at that point.

I can hardly tell a difference. You guys are the anime equivalent of audiophiles. It all sounds basically the same to me but they insist that the 6000 dollar speakers are totally worth it.

Also keep an eye on China since they're willing license a shit load and get better streaming numbers almost on par with the U.S.

Ever wonder why we're seeing more China/Japan co-productions lately?

you're right, it wont be because they signed a partnership. It will be the backlash AFTER the partnership is over and the buyout is done. THAT'S when you'll see the further drop in QC

>I can hardly tell a difference.
Have you ever actually tried?

Every time a comparison is posted on Sup Forums, everybody agrees the stream screenshot is inferior. Every single time.
The only conclusion I can take from this is that either you streamfags are all newfags, or blatant trolls.

As someone with next to zero understanding on the topic, i do belive my opinion is very good and valuable.
The problem: we have 2 companies each with a small catalog of animes
The solution: they join forces and now the consumer gets a bigger catalog for the same price.
The downside: i dont see any, really.

the only difference between us and audiophiles is the clear as day ability to tell the difference between a stream and a raw. If you can't, you probably need to have your eyes checked.

Good thing for Funi and Crunchy as it plays to their strengths.

Crunchyroll already cornered the market on sub anime, so this allows Funi to focus exclusively on their dub streaming.

Why people will use Crunchy or funi when kissanime video files have far better quality and easily accessible?
I also buy blu-rays so I don't have moral obligation towards legal streaming.

Lurk more.

Most anime consumers are retarded EOP. They don't care.

>Increases in mistranslated lines, bad timing/typesetting
It's not like they're any good in this season for example. Just look at the mess that the CR Amanchu subs are.
>People will stop using HS because of the quality of the subs ripped will fall even lower.
People won't stop using the only option available because it's the only option available if they want fast releases. The few fansubbers remaining are considerably slower than HS for obvious reasons.

I mean it's there but it's so minor it's not worth the minimal effort it would take to download it. I'm not really bothered by minor details though.

It's there it's just not significant enough for me to care in most cases. I'll download if the particular show has a shit quality but most of the time it's good enough. And good enough is good enough for me.

I'm much more likely to download manga because manga rips tend to be shittier for some reason.

And then you hurry to threads about an episode asking people to post screencaps.

Two shitty companies combine into a larger pile of shit.

Chinese streaming sites are paying more than million bucks for popular titles nowadays. Western streaming sites are getting more irrelevant each days.

So all you have to do is pick a better stram. How is that a big deal? If it is 720p or more than its good enough

You really don't have 300mb spare? You can just delete it right after.

>the minimal effort it would take to download it.
You mean, the minimal effort to automate your downloads at the start of the season, after which you can watch the anime at your leisure, wherever you are, internet or no internet?
That's a lot of work, I agree.

>I mean it's there
And the download is free.
Why bring up 6000 dollars if the only requirement is to stop streaming?

No I don't. Why would I do that?

Why enable bottom feeders?

Don't Kissanime pretty much always use horriblesubs?

Why stream when you can check 'em.

No. Feed me the correct answer now.

Who's dick needs to be sucked to get rid of Victoria?

I don't generally watch a lot of seasonal stuff. Most of it's crap. I watch stuff as I decide to or if I want to watch the adaptation of a manga I'm enjoying. I'm a manga-fag first an anime fag second.

I always have internet at home and I'm not interested in watching anything on the go that's a nonissue.

Are you implying resolution equals quality?

Guys, I lived through the 70s, 80s, and 90s. I know what fansubs were like. Fansubs alone cannot support the anime translation industry.

Before CR came alone dozens of shows each season never saw the light of day. But you idiots don't understand that.

Enjoy having 6 fansub groups fansubbing the same LN adaptation while nobody is fansubbing shows like Non Non Biyori or Flying Witch because they're not popular LN adaptation #1453.

It took 5 years to get Yes Precure 5 fansubbed. Pretty Rhythm season 2 was never finished. That's what you get with fansubs.

Us oldfags remember, we support sites like CR because it makes sense.

So?
You download an entire season with a few clicks.
How is that too much effort?

If he's too blind to see that it's objectively superior to download then let him be.

When looking for dubs, politely sage my dear user.

I have to deal with slow internet and waste disc space for shit I'm not going to ever watch. Why would I do that?

I'm not arguing that. It's objectively superior to butter my toast but I can't be fucked because the effort to experience improved ratio isn't good enough.

>Because I dont waste HD space
How do you think streaming works, retard?

Oh boy, just wait until you realize how many hidden gems you missed because of that "anime is all crap anyway" mindset.

WITNESSED

>I have to deal with slow internet
All the more reason not to load animated advertisements and bad encodes that eat more MB than they should.
Just because you download doesn't mean you have to download CoalGirls.

>waste disc space
It's only wasted if you don't delete afterwards.

Stop using bad excuses when the real reason is just that you are afraid of trying something new.

>animes
>i
Retard.

>t's objectively superior to butter my toast but I can't be fucked because the effort to experience improved ratio isn't good enough.
How fucking lazy are you? If your time was that precious you wouldn't be wasting it on an Uzbek neurology forum.

And how the fuck is downloading anime any more effort than streaming? It's probably even the same amount of clicks.

Thank you senpai, I've learned.

Magic!

neat

It's not just anime. Most of everything is crap.

I told you I download anything where the quality is noticeably bad. If having slightly better quality does not improve the experience for me then it's not worth the clicks it takes to accomplish.

Pretty lazy I guess. It more comes down to not expending energy on things that aren't worth it. I'll go work out for an hour because that's worth it to me, but the effort of putting that butter on the toast barely improves the taste so fuck it why bother. Again, I download if the quality is noticeably bad, but if it's fine then who cares.

Now check these singles

>It more comes down to not expending energy on things that aren't worth it.
I'm sorry you're a third worlder that can only afford to eat 500 calories a day, user. I didn't know.

I just noticed that the Crunchyroll logo resembles an eye.

>I download anything where the quality is noticeably bad.
But as we have already established it is always noticeable.
If you mean, you test it by streaming it, then you are already investing your work into the wrong category for no reason. Just put those same few clicks into downloading. In other words, all you have to do is change the direction of your clicks, change your habit.

I'll repeat myself:
>Stop using bad excuses when the real reason is just that you are afraid of trying something new.

holy shit it actually does

Can't unsee

It's not an eye, it is a sickle encompassing an apple.
It's the symbol of communism winning over capitalism.

If you had comfortable shoes at your feet and slightly more comfortable shoes 15 paces away, which would you put on? I'd put on the ones at my feet.

I guess I just have a good enough mentality. I once lived in the dark for 3 months because I didn't feel like replacing my lightbulb when my rent contract was almost up.

Even the effort I would expend to set the whole process up isn't worth it to me man sorry. I'll continue to stream most anime and download most manga I think.

>set the whole process up
So you admit to lying when you said you would download when the quality is bad?

I pay for crunchyroll and torrent whatever else isn't there.

I also buy blu rays of animes I luv

wageslave ftw

Your automated process dude, settle down with the inquisition. I just go on some torrent site if that's the route I want to take. I think the last two things I torrented were redline and mushishi.

>Even the effort I would expend to set the whole process up isn't worth it to me
It takes 20 seconds to type "Kuromukuro 720p" in my torrent client though. It takes like three minutes to set up my whole season's downloads then I don't touch it for another 14 weeks.

>Your automated process dude,
What does that have to do with anything? You already said you aren't really interested in seasonal stuff.

It takes like half an hour to me, but then I try out every single anime on the list.

I feel it. I used to stream everything. Though after all the years of streaming and browsing the internet with adblock always on. I can give back and pay for netflix and cruncyroll. I have the income. Lets me sleep better at night.

>If you had comfortable shoes at your feet and slightly more comfortable shoes 15 paces away, which would you put on? I'd put on the ones at my feet.
"A growing body of literature has linked the ability to delay gratification to a host of other positive outcomes, including academic success, physical health, psychological health, and social competence."
Really makes you think.

I misunderstood then, I thought you were grilling me to automate this whole time.

I like to pick my battles. The butter on the toast isn't worth the effort, but I'll go to the gym tomorrow because it is. Conditional lazyness I guess you could call it. I'm pretty happy, thanks for your concern though.

>I thought you were grilling me to automate this whole time.
No, I am grilling you to be smart lazy, not stupid lazy.
The smart lazy person avoids stepping into the pile of shit.
The stupid lazy person ignores the smell coming from his shoe.

If you download seasonal, automating your downloads is the smart lazy thing to do.
If you download nonseasonal stuff, just fucking download it.

Streaming has no excuse. It's stupid lazy every time.