Has anime ever inspired you to make a positive difference in your life?

Has anime ever inspired you to make a positive difference in your life?

Oddly enough NHK made me determined to pursue a career.

Kaleido Star taught me the value of motivation and never giving up on my dreams.

I wish

Berserk gave me motivation to man up and stop being a neet because i need money to buy the manga volumes, also that desire hd slowly faded but after 6 months or so i watched Love Live and i fell in love with it now i'm working and i can't wait for the payday do i could buy myself a maki and honoka figure

OPM inspired me to

Run 1km a day
Do 10 pushups a day
Do 10 situps a day
Do 10 squats a day

Lost 5kg within a month. When I was squatting, my knees would make a weird sound, so I had a checkup. Turned out that in addition to bad knees, I had a tumor in my throat, huge blood pressure and a severe spinal deformation.

I fixed them all. Perhaps I wouldn't be here without OPM. God bless free healthcare.

Kek

How'd you fix your blood pressure?

I get a period of motivation when I watch cute girls. I start doing what I have to do. How can I marry a cute girl if im sitting on my ass watching anime?

Hell blood pressure is easy to fix most of the time, usually diet related.

Fixed sleep schedule
Eat food that naturally helps with it
Avoid stress

Gurren Lagann made me realize that there is no better way to live than to chase a dream.

>late night blogging thread
fuck off

I started going to the gym 3 hours a day, 6 days a week with a strict meat/vegetable/fruit diet, gain the guts to build a computer, so far been improving my shitty college grades and hopefully I am getting a weekend job within the next month, all because of Watamote. Altough my sleeping schedule is still shit. Kinda this too .

I don't even know why, I am not even that big of an manga or anime fan. I guess its because its relatable.

Fuck, forgot my pic.

you're from /fit/, huh. Same picture

Tamayura inspired me to finally save up money and visit Japan, something I'd always wanted to do but thought would be too expensive.

Nope. Sometimes I wish I were as impressionable as you guys.

Do you know Japanese?

New Game inspired me to get a job.

actually, no. you aren't. Same girl, but different picture.

DBZ made me start lifting weights.
Also my waifu doesn't like fatties.

Nothing that could ever outweigh the hours I've sunk into watching chinese cartoons when I could have been out making friends and/or learning a skill worth more than minimum wage, but whatever.

>watch anime
>fall in love with one of the main girls
>learned Japanese so I can read the source material

Worked out pretty well, I'd say.

Berserk taught me the value of motivation and never giving up on my dreams.

Hajime no ippo made me lose 50 lbs

Did you learn how to box?

I know enough to get by as a tourist.

Accel World taught me that even if I'm morbidly obese, I can still get hot girls.

Yes

The most positive thing it's ever inspired me to do was make dough

It makes me not kill myself. Does that count?

Death Parade convinced me to not kill myself. It gave me a more positive outlook on life as well realizing how important ant my family is, or at least what's left of it.

Don't downplay that shit. Making good bread is an artform.

K-ON inspired me to learn guitar.

Still at it and playing in a local band.

A manga got me into spicy curry.
It's good stuff.

Anime made me want to have daughters, sadly for that to happen I would need to go out and find a girl to make them.

I got way more into cars because of Initial D.
Space Dandy made me end every sentence with, baby, when I'm drunk

Yeah, right after I finish it. Then the next day I don't care anymore.

>Space Dandy made me end every sentence with, baby, when I'm drunk
Hopefully in a charming way that makes people laugh and not a "that guy who acts like anime characters" kind of way.

K-On! inspired me to learn bass.

Planetes made me more conscious of how I let fear affect my choices

Tsuritama made me want to start fishing, which is something I've always wanted to do but have put off my whole life. Literally everyone I know fishes, but I felt like it was too late for me. That show made me feel excited about going out on my own and learning how to fish.

>i need money to buy the manga volumes
i know that feel. i'm in the same boat right now

>i'm in the same boat right now
You did it on purpose, right?

are you juicing? if not then why the fuck do you spend 18 hours a week in the gym and only take one day off? you get a better work out and build muscle better with recovery days user

>You did it on purpose, right?
did what on purpose? became neet? or are you referencing tsuritama? my head is full of dumb right now because i haven't slept in a day

He could be alternating working different muscles every other day.

What said

>Berserk gave me motivation to man up and stop being a neet because i need money to buy the manga volumes
>i'm in the same boat right now

Now I feel cringy for making a shitty joke

nah, man, it's all good. i only pointed it out because i had a brain fart and got confused. so, how far into berserk are you?

Caught up
I read it all in 4 days and now I regret it. Waiting is torture

After watching Yama no Susume I really wanted to climb Mount Fuji. It was a cute show but I didn't love it, but it's made climbing Mount Fuji a life goal. Since then I have lost a substantial amount of weight and began taking university more seriously in the hope that I could one day get a job that could fund a trip where I able athletic enough to climb Mount Fuji. It's strange because I don't know the first thing about mountain climbing, don't really want to go to Japan, as I say I never really loved the show, but it's just one of those goals I feel I have to accomplish. I have a feeling when I reach the peak I will be a little underwhelmed but feel solace in knowing that all of my years at university and physical improvement had been for something.

This is all because of a goofy series of shorts about girls climbing mountains.

I-I-I'll post an update in 20 years when I can afford it :'(

you read the whole series in 4 days?

Was it becoming a Game Creator?

Once. It made me try and do something positive with my life once.

It was a disaster.

While I originally made some friends I learned that I simply cannot trust people. I now have severe anxiety and depression and while I've tried to go out and do more with my life I all comes crashing down. That was the once and last time I let anime inspire me to do anything positive with my life. I went out there and tried to do so much and make friends and all I got was backstabbed and dragged around. In the end more harm than good. I don't even feel like "me" anymore if that makes sense.

tl;dr life sucks.

OP said positive difference

Sorry, most of what I do is stuff that the gym advisor tells me its good, I just don't browse /fit/ because it looks like another Sup Forums or Sup Forums kind of board, and I am just too lazy to get into another board. I mostly drink water/orange juice because I haven't bothered to do some research for that, but if it really helps I could try that.
>build muscle
I do upper muscle stuff with lifting one day, the other is leg day plus sometimes lifting.

not manga nor anime, but mods are sleep so blog posting is ok I guess

I read it up to the Golden Age arc some time before that, then didn't touch it for a couple of months and yeah, after that got back to it and read it in 4~ days.
I know it may be a shitty habit, but I tend to read huge chunks of chapters in one go. I mean, I read Goodnight Punpun in 1 night

/fit/ is good for all sorts of legit info. you also learn what not to do which is the most important part. if you're a beginner you'll benefit more from a 3 day full body routine than a 6 day upper/lower or push/pull/legs routine. juicers run those 6 day routines because they can get away with doing nothing but arms one day. they can just flex their arms and grow muscles. but you need a good strength base to build on and the only way to do that is by spacing your workouts with periods of recovery. you can still hit the gym every day for cardio if you want, but weight lifting in the beginning (probably a year or two) should be a bit more limited. you don't grow muscles by being in the gym, you stress your muscles in the gym and give them time to recover so they can overcome the burden you placed on them.

I got a part time job after reading NHK because the thought of that downward spiral terrified me. Now I work full time, have my own apartment, and make games in my free time.

it's only a shitty habit if you read so much you don't remember everything. i used to read too fast and for too long so nothing was really retained. i had to force myself to spread it out. and with manga it's too easy to read ahead of my meager budget.

>i had to force myself to spread it out.
I feel like I need to do the same.
My main problem is that I have a huge backlog, since I got into anime and manga relatively recently

Yeah, it made me fap quite a few tmes.

Moyashimon taught me that brewing can be quite fun thanks to our microbial friends. I can brew 5 gallons of wine for $10 if I use store bought grape jelly. Super cheap if you don't mind waiting a couple of months to partake.

The only person I talk to about anime is my m8

Shokugeki no Souma inspired me to cook more

fucking 3dpd

to respect my hair and /fa/ in general

used to give no fucks on how i look until I started watching anime

now im tearing myself apart becuase i cant find a yellow white striped shirt

atleast my hair is clean and smells like oranges

Maybe if you weren't a complete retard you could have made a single friend. Didn't even got anything from college?

Where do you think we are?

Shows like Aria make me want to be a nice and kind person to other people.
It also makes me appreciate little things in life.

But then again it still made me depressed, since I'm still a friendless loser and Neo Venezia doesn't exist.

Positive? I got this chuuni attribute and I find it fun. People at work are fond of me it became a part of my character at office

>Intern No. 4528N, finish that task I gave you or I shall have you stand by to operate on that coffee making machine whuahuaha

a happy place.

Bakuman.

You obviously want them as daugherfus, right? No malicious intentions?

Jojo inspires me to work out for a reason that isn't women, but to fashion myself into what I think I'm supposed to look like
I look like a more feminine version of kira, so whenever I work out or whenever I'm putting on a suit I listen to david bowie and queen and try to envision myself as him

Please kill yourself.

I started to work out because of Berserk

I won big in some back alley mahjong game once thanks to Legendary Gambler Tetsuya. It was exhilarating but I don't think I'll do it again.

Is this juicing thing expensive or something? Sounds like I would need to buy a machine thingie and a lot of fruit/vegetables for it.
Also, what do you think of 3 days of arms/legs, one day of cardio/rest, and repeat?

Of course not, i watch it to forget how shit my life is, not to confront it.

Juicing is difficult, you really need a needle focus to keep up with it if you don't want your efforts to be in vein user.

I liked TG a lot, especially :re, I'm a bit sad about the last chapters.

Why do you think that Ishida's writing became worse? I'd say that he could not manage so many characters and he had to speed up the manga by jobbing important characters like Tatara or Hoji.

I liked the Cochlea part, I think he is just fucking up Rue island part.

Also, who the fuck cares about dr.Frankenstein and her little creature?

Im a faget and posted in the wrong thread. GG

Same here. I had some kind of realization when I watched, it, but it has died down. I have that same kind of realization twice a year, where I feel really fucking compelled to change myself, but my willpower gives way eventually.