Why is Japan obsessed with this shitty thought experiment and misinterpreting it?

Why is Japan obsessed with this shitty thought experiment and misinterpreting it?

Because Copenhagen interpretation is fundamentally a deterministic branch of philosophy.

In other words, shut up and calculate Shinji.

Would you rather Kim kardashian like the smart Americans?

Why are you obsessed by thinking only japan does a thing when you see it in a manga?

Because the OP doesn't prescribe to any other notion than that results are only valid once he observed it, for he doesn't perceive things as a spectrum of possibilities.

Buddhism

the more time passes the more likely the cat is dead.
what a shitty analogy.

cause its cool
nips are chunni fucks

Not true, for there's no causality has ceased until the moment when the waveform function has collapsed under Copenhagen interpretation. No causality and you have no useful agreement on the axis of time.

>quantum mechanics
>chuuni

You're damn right.

I prefer the Schrodinger's pantsu theory, desu.

it dies of starvation

No it doesn't. It effectively freezes itself until you open it. That's how absurd quanta is.

Because it is inherently interesting to the human mind to make references to things from other cultures, even when done improperly and/or exaggerated for humorous purposes.

Then would it work better than cryogenic freezing?

Except it's not actually wrong if we think in many worlds interpretation of QM. The cat does exhibit all those possibility spaces.

It's not even that. Cryogenic freezing is an event that has a definite arrow of time which you and the said object that's now freeze-dried both agree to.
With Shrodinger's cat, you no longer have a correlation with what's going on inside that box (you two do not share the same inertial frame) and what you are left with is just this distribution of possibilities as to how things will turn out. What physicists don't agree with is whether or not events will take its course irrespective of you observing the event, or you must observe the event for an event to have actually 'happened' or 'registered'.

oh shit. I don't know why I laughed at the last remark.

I'm sick of hearing it everywhere too, at least when it was used in Silicon Valley it was pretty funny.

I mean, it's not really a physics thought experiment to begin with. It's more a philosophical one, an empiricistic one.

At least they moved on from "evolution" and "mutations"

You guys do realize it was a thought experiment mocking how ridiculous quanta theory is

Back then physicsists dabbled with philosophy. Its only recent that people have specialized subjects. Most scientsts back then were polymath.

Japan has a weird obsession with certain Western things. There are a few branches of philosphy/metaphysics that crop up in a lot of Japanese media, and then you have other things like people being obsessed with Alice in Wonderland to the point where numerous series have characters based off her or cosplaying as her.

It's interesting to see what sort of things they latch onto. I can't say why anything in particular is popular, though.

Snow White and Peter Pan too

tfw no semiotics and literary symbol theory anime

The thought experiment was meant to be an absurdity by linking the existence of a macro object like a cat to a quantum state. His point was, "The cat can't possibly be both dead and alive which is why your theory is stupid." The problem was when people started taking his thought experiment seriously.

Because it's cat-related.

I see this with germanic culture and the German language itself. Madoka, Fate/Stay, Bleach... But in parallel, I feel like there's a phenomen where western things transmit some sort of seriousness or deepness to the Japanese, just like "oriental" things transmit wisdom and exoticness to westerners in general. idk

Is Shrodinger the most hilariously misunderstood scientist of all time?

You're looking too much into this. Reality is much more simpler.

Japanese are simply taking certain western things because they are popular or they are exotic. There is nothing else behind that. Alice/Wonderland? Literally everyone who learns English language a bit knows about that to a small extent because its a children's fantasy book thats easy on the imagination and mind.

Actually is an attempt to try to explain the reality of quantum physics in a macro level on a way people could understand it.

Super sweet

That cat looks terrified.

Because it gave us the best cat in all of anime.

No, it was meant to disprove quantum physics, not become a quintessential example of it.

But that's exactly what I said. Just like westerners see oriental things as exotic and wise, Japanese people see western things as deep and philosophical. It's an "aesthetic" provided by how we see each others cultures.

I fucking hate how retards actually think it applies to an entire cat and not just subatomic particles.