Find an unpopular manga/LN

>find an unpopular manga/LN
>get into it, and really start enjoying it
>there are even threads on Sup Forums once in a while about it, with high quality discussions
>anime announcement is made
>everybody starts complaining that the anime will make the threads shit
>the anime starts, and the threads indeed turn shitty; you can no longer even talk about said manga seriously - if you do, you get outed as an "autist" who is taking things too seriously on "Sup Forums of all places!"

I'll always love this board, but the change it is going through is for the worse. Hell, even people who type "animes" are no longer mocked.

Don't take it seriously it's just animes

>even people who type "animes" are no longer mocked.
Yes they are. but otherwise I agree.

They ruin everything, this is nothing new

When you take anime so damn seriously you are crying and making a thread about it. Fuck. Off.

name one manga that did this

JoJo, especially since the DiU anime started. There's a general 24/7, and the people in them are just terrible.

Overlord for instance
Also JoJo

The problem with the jojo threads is that it sucks for both sides.

>Anime only can't go in there because the manga only will spoil them to warm them off
>Manga only want to discuss the current JoJo but can't because the thread will go off tangents discussing this week's episodes.

Mob. Just a manga at first, it got a thread about once a week. There weren't much posters, and of course, there was always that one guy calling it an OPM ripoff, but the threads were fun.

I don't even go in the Mob threads now, even though I like the manga a lot. The anime is nice, but all the people who are falseflagging, or seriously claiming it's "AOTY" are dragging its' image down in the majority of Sup Forums's eyes. Which attracts shitposters, thus ruining any semblance of discussion. It's all about brain-dead "memes" now.

Just look at how heavy a hit JoJo took. I wouldn't wish that even on my worst enemy.

Nice blogpost, I can really tell you care about the quality of the discussion here.

>the anime starts, and the threads indeed turn shitty; you can no longer even talk about said manga seriously
This is usually because animeonlyfags bitch about spoilers. It has always been like this.

> if you do, you get outed as an "autist" who is taking things too seriously on "Sup Forums of all places!"
What? Are you saying you're mad that people don't care about the source material, or that people get autistic when mangafags pollute every thread about how their precious Chinese comic book got tainted by the corean animators?
In either case, it's also always been like that.

>Hell, even people who type "animes" are no longer mocked.
This absolutely still happens and can derail threads.

Sup Forums goes through highs and lows but it's still more or less the same as it's been the past 4-5 years. If you go back in time beyond that you will have to accept that Sup Forums was formerly more cancerous than it was now.

On the bright side, Overlord is more or less back to good discusses since the anime ended and fotmfags went away to something else.
Or it seemed so last thread I popped in on.

Happens to any mildly popular series.
Jojo was also always popular, it just ballooned a lot when the anime was airing because it gave crossboarders a reason to hang on Sup Forums. Generals need to be purged, but this is more or less par for the course. It's usually the already popular manga that devolve into generals, or series with a lot of side material.

>Overlord is more or less back to good discusses
>good discusses
>ESL faggot defending overlord generals
>waifuwars, shipping, ESL, headcanons, circle jerk, redditfags, /tg/ faggotry, talks about different LNs and going through year old content over and over again
Nice, kill yourself.

Anime adaptations attract all kinds of low-quality posters, I guess that's what the guy's complaining about.

It can't be helped. Maybe there should be more, and better disciplined moderators and janitors which can delete thread-derailing shitposts before it's too late.

It's already starting to happen with Tsugumomo

That's getting an adaptation?

Yes.

Not sure how I feel about that, I always assumed they'd have to trim it too much for anybody to want to make it

all that OP said applied to Monster Musume

Imagine this manga getting an anime, the anime threads will be /y/ & tumblr paradise.

>I'll always love this board, but the change it is going through is for the worse. Hell, even people who type "animes" are no longer mocked.+ 0 post omitted.

You're just growing up and noticing the sillyness instead of being a part of it. To call it stupidity would be too harsh... it's more like... have you ever stopped a charging brat by holding his/her forehead, then let go and watch him/her fall forth? its a brat, so its not stupid, its just being a brat and literally not knowing what its doing.

I think your view reflects that you find yourself in the position of the older brother, suddenly noticing all the silly/dumb things the little brothers do, such as liking naruto, sword art online, bleach, one piece, hating on posts because a tripfag made it regardless of the post quality, endlessly repeating a meme they saw because they think it makes them cool on Sup Forums, or thinking that being cool on Sup Forums matters. Not to mention giving a shit about arguments on the internet, with complete strangers to boot!

Again. You're just growing up.

>he thinks Sup Forums was good
you are the cancer user
think that these meta threads help?
You get what you can out of this place and move on.

Not enough chapters yet
It would be a nice change from Free! which is complete fujob8

27, it's enough for 12 episodes I think.

(continued)

Personally, I think any medium suffers when trying to import a story from another medium.

Books made into movies tend to be "not as good"
Light novels made into anime or manga tend to suffer in a similar manner for the same reasons.

What looks good on text has pacing issues when drawn or animated
On text, the author can go as slow and detailed as he wants, spending several passages describing the envuroment and the mood, while on manga we usually get an SFX like "gloomy" or "intimidating" behind a character to try to achieve the same effect, and in anime they often have to censor things, or change things to better fit to the episode's lenght.

Light novels to manga: Problems when translating mood and emotion

Manga to anima:Problems when trying to adjust to episode length (this goes double for LN to anime)

TL:DR the story always suffers when going from a media to another

>27
the fuck?
I've only seen 8

(continued, and hopefully finished)

For a good example of pacing problems, take the hobbit movies, specially the third one.

They cut out a lot of stuff from the first movie, then added a dwarfxelf romance as filler, and finally turned a 2-pages long passage describing a battle into a full length movie!

Only 8 are translated, MC's imouto was introduced in the last chapter.

Better question is to name a manga/LN that didn't do this

You don't come on Sup Forums to discuss.

You come on here to make people feel bad about their tastes

KyoAni anime based on LNs. Those remain largely unscathed in comparison.

Souma threads maybe since mangareaders already spoiled everything to the animefags, but the threads were already bad with waifuposting to begin with.
It didn't get worse.

Kyokai no Rinne, usually 30 IP and it dies after 100+ replies but the threads were always nice.

Because they generally don't have any translation and KyoAni heavily modify the contents for the anime.
KyoAnifags are already cancerous without that.