Why does anyone defend stupid fucking memesubs?

Why does anyone defend stupid fucking memesubs?

If you don't understand Japanese and need subs, then why would you purposely choose subs that are completely inaccurate? And before you faggots try to tell me "lmao its funny man just take it easy xDD" it really doesn't add anything to the experience. You might as well be watching South Park.

Crunchyroll (aka Horriblesubs) is almost as bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/gbtmqn.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

wow dont be such a downer, i bet you must be really fun at parties...

lmao its funny man just take it easy xDD

>giving a fuck about ACCURATE SUBS IN CHINESE FUCKING CARTOONS FOR 12-16 YEARS OLD JAPPY JAP YELLOW JAPS

Something's wrong when the subtitles made by people who have been paid to translate are worse than those doing the job for free.

The story of the #rude OP

>Crunchyroll (aka Horriblesubs) is almost as bad.
CR/Funi do mediocre as fuck jobs sometimes but I don't see how they're related to the memesub conversation. You do know what they are right, you aren't just extrapolating from the fact someone releases them as "Horrible" subs that they must be intentionally awful?

>King James version

I was saying that Memesubs are even worse than Crunchyroll subs.

I know Japanese and Commie has the best subs out there.

If you want serious subs for garbage anime, you're out of your mind. Commie always delivers on series that they actually care about, and since you're complaining about them not putting in effort in subbing trash anime, your taste is shit and your opinion is henceforth discarded.

(You)

big baits

Vivid are also as good, though.

Aren't GG the kings of memesubs and not commie? Been awhile since I watched anything other than HS or a super old anime.

well, what do you use?

lmao its funny man just take it easy xDD

I haven't seen GG around recently, but I might just be watching less shows with memesubs.

Especially when they do dumb shit like this

Macross Delta.

Kuromukuro does not have memes tho iirc

You call it dumb; I call it pushing the boundaries of typesetting.

God bless 'em.

Looks like someone doesn't want to be saved!

It adds laughs my good weeaboo, it's just media, there's literally nothing wrong with altering it to fit your tastes better.

えぇ? どうしてそう言うこと考えていますか?

I love it whenever someone has fun with the subs. Shit like this is great.
a.pomf.cat/gbtmqn.webm

The only dumb part about it is the TL note at the top, if you're gonna be creative with the subs you commit to it goddamnit.

>SAO
go kill yourself

I've never watched nor care about the series. I just appreciate the typesetting.

I can't be arsed to make webms of it, but Underwater's typesetting in KLK was fucking legit. Everything matches stylistically, and they put the extra effort in slanting, angling, and even reflecting the text properly in addition to just moving it around.

I appreciate the effort, but it ends up looking like ass I think. Big, garish text, inconsistent typefaces. Something like pic related where the typesetter tries to incorporate the subs by making the typefaces accurate to the show's is much more pleasing to the eye.

I agree on both points. Underwater's KLK typesetting was fantastic. I think I watched this opening bit numerous times not only because I love the shot, but also the typesetting.

I don't think the SAO thing looks 'good' by any standards I just find it humorous is all with the shifting subs.

Your player didn't cap it but I know what they look like and I appreciate it as well. Much like while it was for fun ITW did a better than perfect job matching everything in the actual typesetting for Noucome.