Kiznaiver

Was Sup Forums too dumb to appreciate this masterpiece?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uwUrWhRSYqc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Please just respond to my thread already, Sup Forums.

The intro was really nice and the animation too, but holy hell the plot was garbage.

Yes, we certainly appreciated best girl winning.

nice try

That's not Chidori.

>masterpiece
Okada plz, stop posting.

All style no substance. Not much to say.

The girls were cute, the plot was pretentious and airheaded.

That masterpiece was too dumb for Sup Forums to appreciate it.

I can't believe how shitty of a person Tenga truly was.

Pure mediocrity, rushed end, but a good opening.
I liked it.

Dropped after 4 episodes

Stop trying to troll people its not working.

You can't be serious, they made Tenga shit?

I dropped the dumb show on the storm episode; please tell me it isn't so.

What'd he do? I only watched up to the lesbian manga episode.

>pick shit anime
>post it on Sup Forums and say it's good
nice way to spend a saturday afternoon

>Chidori
>best girl

Good art and animation.

Too many characters, it was too rushed and nothing really mattered. Would've been better as 24 eps.

Just; too many character. Fuckin purple guy had no reason to be there and his backstory was NEVER explained. There wasn't enough backstory to Chidori and Kacchon's friendship to make their "breaking up" have any weight.

Would've been better with axing at least 2 characters.

>All style no substance. Not much to say.
Anime is a visual medium.

Stylized visuals are more important than story.

Thus Kiznaiver is a great anime.

>Boom Boom Satellites' last big song wasted on this shit anime.

Still mad.

This. the amount of characters would have been better suited to a 24 episode series, or they should have condensed the cast a bit.

But you know the Japanese and their Rule of Seven.

Honestly, though, I hear a lot of people saying glasses bitch's story should have been shortened or cut, but I disagree. Her story for me was what should have been the standard for all the other "secondary" members of the main cast.

I'm still annoyed that the punk guy never got more development than "I like the MC's doomed childhood friend!" I kind of wanted to see what sort of life event got him that scar on his hairline (perhaps coinciding with why he's afraid of dogs)

>we will never see more Nico

life is sad

I liked it.
Guess that makes me a better person now.

>Her story for me was what should have been the standard for all the other "secondary" members of the main cast.
Her subplot was tangibly the only part of the story that Okada actually felt like writing. It was basically something lifted out of an unrelated, better, hypothetical show in her imagination, and crammed awkwardly into this to fill the void.

Good animation and overall art.
Story was kinda "thats it?"

isn't there going to be an OVA or something?

I really liked the hug episode.
But that was it. It's surprising because it was such a good looking show but there was nothing nothing else about it other than that.

There was a manga to be released I think

Despite the incessant shitposting, I actually really, really enjoyed Kiznaiver. Something about it really just pushed all my buttons, but I can't really explain why I liked it so much. But regardless, I enjoyed it immensely.

Also, I was an enormous Nori-chanfag so their relationship was very satisfying for me.

Post Nicos

I thought it was really good. Mostly for the art style and characters though. The story was a bit rushed.

Gotta be more subtle than that.

I liked how the annoying childhood friend got cucked hard

Anyone have the closeup of nico and tenga's faces?

[explains why he has done nothing wrong in Italian]

That's pretty much exactly how it feels. If there had been an entire 12 episode show about some straight man MC meeting and coming to understand this character and the reasons for her attitude, it might have been better than what we got.

Also, was anyone else kind of disappointed that the series kind of threw the premise of mental/physical link-up out because "friendship is stronger, yo."

I was honestly hoping for all the characters to become so mentally in sync that they became some kind of transcendent super-posse. I guess I was hoping for too much, but Trigger is supposed to be all about escalation of concept, so I don't think I was wrong to walk in with high hopes.

Dropped after 1 episode. High school trash for children. If you're over the age of 20 and unironically enjoyed this show, reconsider your life.

Somebody post the animated version of Episode 8+9
this drawfag was a hero

Yes.

Isn't that what you do everyday with Re:SAO threads, redditor-kun?

The story was very strong in the key points, but that just makes to points that were kind of left by the wayside more glaring.

The revelation of what happened to all the other phase 1 kiznaivers was particularly potent to me. It was a moment that had me looking at the teacher/nurse duo and genuinely think "How fucking dare you do this to someone again?" The fact that Sonozaki was fanatically on board for the project, despite being one of its greatest victims, made that all the more potent. Kiznaiver did some things so right, it make the parts that went kind of wrong seem all the worse.

Nice bait, kyoanus fag.

There were some top laff moments for sure
Really enjoyed watching Chidori suffer.

>The story was very strong in the key points
>points
The only thing it did well was the Maki backstory

In 2016, Trigger released this

It's good.
But you should fuck off

Nico was good overall

Feel sorry for Trigger. Everything that went wrong with Kiznaiver has to do with decisions Aniplex and Mari Okada made. Trigger did a pretty good job with animation, direction and sound.

Is the second OST out yet

Kiznaiver is too good for the current generation of anime viewers

>bargain bin mako

not too big a loss

Hands status = Laid on me

I don't think I was ever more happy to see a show completely fail than this. And it wasn't because I hate Trigger or something as I love Luluco. But holy shit the promotion for this was completely obnoxious and made it look like it was going to be the biggest thing ever when it was just terrible

Oh yeah the full op is out
youtube.com/watch?v=uwUrWhRSYqc

Pretty good directing. Loved the scene where Chidori confesses (again) and Katsuhira runs into the rain, amazing sound work there.

Makes me feel for you that you take pride in something so petty and irrelevant

tumbling down, tumbling down

>jealous shit
>when the group goes to help Katsuhira, he agrees begrudgingly and pouts about it
>his entire "friendship" with Katsuhira was just a pretense to get close to Chidori
>nothing wrong

I liked the two bullies more.

It just felt like a waste of an interesting concept. They could have focused on the world building of a future society where no one understands sympathy/empathy, to the point that scientists have to inject kids with it in a literal sense.
It didn't have to be super serious like Psycho Pass, it could have been Trigger's brand of wacky. But no, instead we have to concern ourselves with walking talking anime tropes and love triangles.
The only interesting character was the purple haired dude who was horrifically underdeveloped.
I mean, I can understand liking this show if you actually liked the characters and the melodrama, but what else is there besides the colorful animation?

Tenga's just Kamina in another setting. He followed his gut and still got the girl. Nerds can stay mad.

There are just some perfect character moments in this show. I love it

He hurt Nico tho.
Fuck him

Someone please dump some nico reaction images.

Tuna love is the best

gotchu familia

I fucking love tuna.

Self-insert shows sure are popular as ever on Sup Forums

I think i never saw a character lose harder than her, even to the point she can't fall into the losing childhood friend status as she was also cucked of the childhood friend status by noriko, so chidori had nothing left.

Shes too beautiful

The backstory of the Kizuna project is also pretty strong.

That was the best part, user. After going hard on an autist for not properly responding to the feelings of the girl he likes, he completely blew off the feelings of the girl who did like him. He just doesn't care and she still wants him.

Hes the biggest scum and hypocrite in the cast

Stay ass-mad Nicofag.

For the love of god, post Loli-Nori!

This scene killed me

I want to have messy, cold tuna anal sex with Nori-chan!

That's why Tenga is the best character. He's a dick and two chicks still want to ride him.

ITAI

waste of animation

痛い

Factual perfection, I am dying

You are not autistic enough for her

Why are autist couples so good? Something about them is always so cute.

It's just anal. It's not like I'm asking to hold hands with her or anything.

I'm still so surprised this actually went somewhere. Not because I don't think it should have, god no.

But because this sort of "Assertive female making quasi-sexual advances on retard MC before slapping him down" dynamic rarely ends up being anything than slapstick comedy.

Kiznaiver had a lot of pacing issues and probably should have been more focused with the time it had. Ending could have been a lot better as well.

That being said, the Maki episodes were legitimately well done with a lot of good characterization and touching moments. They were the episodes that really made me love all seven of those doofuses.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Kiznaiver is pretty much the definitive series that feels like it should have been 2-cour, but was forced to go 1-cour at the last minute.

Why is Okada a writer..

..if she can't write for shit?

>I AM A TSUNDERE CHILDHOOD FRIEND
>I AM HOT BLOODED GUY
>I am vaguely apathetic main characte
>d r a m a
>"th-this is a misunderstanding!
>Wow this plot has DEEP SYMBOLISM because these words are related and look they're all crying!
>Childhood friend loses ofc

W E W

They were both childhood friends actually. So a childhood friend won in the end

But the childhood friend won.
Also
>I am vaguely apathetic main character
>vaguely

The music in that scene is so good

Blue is the forgotten/returning kind that can easily be a love interest for MC. Red is the kind that's been together and gets shafted because they're too close.

Probably. It was pretty entertaining to watch a show about two autists struggling to grasp the concept of empathy, and then visit the threads to see the exact same scenario play out.