RED STREETLIGHTS

Why are public lights always blue or yellow??!
Red has the lowest frequency wavelengths of visible light, so wouldn't it make sense to make all public lights red in order to create dark skies so you can see more than a few stars??!
Plus red light is safer for people walking in dark because red lights don't make harsh shadows that criminals can hide in
Plus red low pressure sodium lights are WAAAAYYY more efficient than normal public lights because they consume much less power, and have more than triple the lifespan

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8bTgG2Ft4xQ
youtube.com/watch?v=2rcBQd0u_kE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Also why don't all public lights have caps on them so the light is directed downwards and not being wasted by being emitted in all directions??!

That would be terrifying

It looks awful you fucking retard holy shit

I told you once I wont tell you again it's a bad way

red makes people more fighty, they found if they illuminate public areas in blue it makes people less fighty (apparently they subconsciously think the police are nearby)

People can't see red light very well. Nobody cares to look at stars.

Humans see yellow orange wavelengths best. That shitty yellow sodium lamp seen everywhere is the cheapest light. Problem is already solved.

t. Vampire

Pretty sure there was a study that showed blue lights would be the best for public safety.

Nigger neighborhoods only get blue lights from now on.

yellow, orange light is emitted by fire
thats why, evolutionally it is the most friendly light color for an human eye

Do you really have to ask (((who))) is responsible?

It sounds silly to type it out, but I guarantee you if these lights were implemented in a large section of a major city the violent crime would go up in that region by a noticeable percentage.

imagine if they turned all street lamps blue and suddenly niggers stopped being niggers at night?

agreed

100% this.

Primal shit.

Because of traffic lights, you retard.

They would crash, because they didn't see the red light at intersections.

i thought green would be a better color for humans can see more shades of it than any other colors
>hence green night vision

I actually use one of those color changing bulbs in my room and set it to red. I can see at night but it doesn't affect my sleep.

>pic related

I have one of these in my room, is that why my nose is getting wider and my skin darker?

Because (((they))) dont want

I feel like constant exposure to blood red lighting would turn everyone into psychopaths.

Red stop lights....brake lights....stop signs...hmm.

You have no taste, leaf; I think it would be *perfect* (OP is a genius).

>wouldn't it make sense to make all public lights red in order to create dark skies

m8 the purpose of streetlights is literally to make shit not dark
so that we can see clearly
red light is too dim

Racism solved!

I'm down, but the colour red agitates and arouses people so you'd have some extra savage nightlife.

Red light, huh? Sounds sexy, I would support that.

Red lights are for
Zombie apocalypse or submarine movies.

They don't like people at the stars.

It's not even about astrology and decoding the future in the stars. Staring up at a real clear night sky away from all city light pollution fills you with an immediate sense of wonder and sends chills down your spine. This is why romantic couple used to look at the stars instead of their phones and why the ancients created stories about them. You wouldn't have need for a TV.

This.
OP is an autistic demon

This is also why they created artificial "stars" at MTV and things for you to look at.

Humans have an adverse reaction to red light. It keeps them on guard.

true

LED streetlamps you don't have the issue of light pollution, they are efficient and you don't need to make them a nightmare scenario colour.

too spoopy for the normies

I'm disgusted at you civic nationalists
Hiow about we bring back segregation so whites can enjoy peaceful public spaces bathed in crimson light without the danger of being attacked by swarthoids

THIS
The globalists want their slaves to be as distant from nature as possible, so we can't even look up to the gorgeous cosmoc, but instead to a haze of smog and artificial lighting

That looks comfy as fuck
Great setting man

I'm just upset that they're removing all of the yellowy sodium lights in favor of white ones. Something about sodium lights looking problematic to normies. If they cared that much they'd make them blue (proven to make people less riled up)

Unsurprising, nothing is allowed to look cool and atmospheric in 2017, might make people start using their imagination.

Because then everything at night would look like an underground research facility

Nothing like looking over the skies for aliens while having sex with a whore.

The LED streetlamps that my city has installed throughout are so bright and glaring that the sky and buildings at night are bluish
Blue is a high frequency wavelength, so have more energy and they travel much longer distances than red light

Looking at the night sky fills you with both a sense and completion, you don't want anything more, and you start asking questions about your place in the world. They don't want you asking questions, they want to tell you about your place in the world.

I even start wondering if the outdoor rape epidemic is part of a program to keep us out of the night sky.

>proven to make people less riled up
Blue light at night makes the masses more passive for their masters

It works well enough for military aviators and paratroopers operating at night.

>outdoor rape epidemic is part of a program to keep us out of the night sky
European government probably allows the acid attacks and mass grooming rape gangs to go on in order to scare people from going outside to appreciate nature in general

This. People's eyes adjust
You don't need glaring light everywhere in order to see clearly in the dark
A bit of red light would just aid in your already naturally adjusting pupils to see in the dark

It would make everything look scary.

That doesn't look awful to me but it's doing red light as wrong as a "red light district". Sodium gas street light does need to turn down because it is forced evolution of everyone's eye away from low light vision. You drive headlong into these among stoplights and other cars to go where? Your lit by high intensity light workplace, computer, and phone. It'll just save everyone energy and money.

They just put bright white lights in my little leafy street in the UK
So bright it looks like it is daylight outside at all times, takes some getting used to

ITT: antiscience dotards

in the Navy we had red lights at night and it was pretty awesome

some of my comfiest memories are of finding out-of-the-way places in the catwalks at night after flight schedule ended and we got done parking birds, smoking cigs and bullshitting with those red lights around. god damn i'm grateful for that experience.

they use red lights on the buses here when its night time
pretty comfy desu

>in order to create dark skies

you're missing the point of light

AESTHETIC
It sucks that in NZ we have virtually no public transportation
Our entire nation is built for driving around on our third world roads

The ground is meant to be lit, not the skies
Streetlights should have a hood so the light isn't being wasted in the skies

According to the American Medical Association, white LED streetlights have a five times greater impact on circadian sleep rhythms than traditional yellow lights, because the blue light in white light severely suppresses melatonin at night ( because the body registers white and blue light as day time)

>lus red low pressure sodium lights are WAAAAYYY more efficient than normal public lights because they consume much less power
Do they with perceived illumination levels normalized?

>you don't want anything more
>and you start asking questions about your place in the world

What? Why would you do that if you were content with your place in the world and didn't desire anything more?

Usually yellow lights are just a consequence of sodium lights.

Now blue lights are a bit iffy, I heard that the purpose of these lights is to make shooting up drugs impossible because you can't locate a vein to inject into in the light. It could also be because blue light is just cool looking.

Red light is useful for seeing without disturbing the eyes low light function when turned off. Usually used in military vehicles for this purpose. Could be useful for illumination at night.

Green light is the most sensitive colour the eye can pick up both in terms of apparent brightness and hue. Usually used in night vision goggles for this reason. Could be useful for more efficient illumination.

I know submarines switch to red lights at night so the crew can see better in the dark topside

red lights are associated with prostitution

nigger here can confirm red lights trigger a unquenchable bloodlust

nice thread.
Astronomers are battling for more efficient use (directed, less intense, specific wavelengths) for decades.

Maybe one day we'll all have night amplification googles (IR spectrum) and IR illuminators as a public light system (road transportation would have to be fitted too)

Quite silly idea of course in case of anomaly of the system.
You are basically blind in a new moon.

And i am not sure that infrared do not get reflected too.
A lot of astronomical observations are made in the IR spectrum.

Studies in the UK have shown that there is no correlation between accidents, and reducing/dimming/changing style of streetlights, and there was no change of crime trends when streetlights were reduced/dimmed/changed

If the military uses red lights at night, why the fuck doesn't the public take a note out of the military's book??!

So? If all public lights were red, than red lights would not be associated with prostitution to the extent it is now

Fuck you're cute. They're either blue to "sooth" people near the light and hopefully lower crime or orange to not cause so much light pollution. Love you NZ.

>(((proven))) to make people less riled up)
These researches are dubious at best. What is proven that blue light increases alertness and disrupts sleep patterns if people are exposed to it during night time. This is """"open office helps productivity"""" al over again.

I'd rather not go out and see the streets an ominous red color, shit's grim enough as it is.

>and IR illuminators as a public light system (road transportation would have to be fitted too)
>imblying were we going you need any additional light at night
youtube.com/watch?v=8bTgG2Ft4xQ

Why aren't street lights only infrared?

That would reduce light pollution the most.

Looks like Halo.

nice, but...
Isn't that tech (photonic amplification at all wavelength) still very expensive ?

Infrared isn't a visible wave spectrum for humans
So red light is the best option we have

It's really not ominous though. It's only ominous due to pop-culture connotations.

color vision doesn't work very well when everything's red.

Red means danger.

Red light therapy is the next big medical development

Google red light benefits

thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=2rcBQd0u_kE

This is not light amplification. This is digital CMOS sensor same to technology that is used in consumer cameras. ATM it can be proprietary and shit but chips making progress is unstoppable and what was wonder 10 years ago now is dirt cheap.

Green lights would look better than red IMO.

There's a single red street light on a wooded road out in the semi-rural, underdeveloped part of my town.

Super weird.

I live in a major Canadian city and see the stars every morning. We don't need to change the colour of street lights in my city.

Red is best colour. All other colours subcolours.

Your comments are strangely beautiful, thank you, friend. I think I'm going to go look at the night sky this weekend.

ROXXANN

TURN ON THE RED LIGHT

ROOOOOXXXAAAAN

Looks pretty cool don't lie

Los Angeles before and after LED streetlights.

The color rendering of Sodium Lights is awful.

What's with headlights getting brighter lately? I swear when I'm driving home at night, sometimes I can't even see when oncoming traffic is coming, seriously why the fuck are highbeams the default setting for most cars now?

red provides minimum resolution. Blue and red pure lights are essentially nonexistant in nature. yellow better matches the sun which our eyes are used to while providing good resolution

new LEDs are stupidly bright in modern manufacture cars

3spooky5me

>he never tried the virtual boy

stupid subhuman abbo

i don't want my city to looks like silent hill at night.
>walk back home from college
>see a large silhouette in the distance
>"AYO HOL UP WHITE BOI"
>the red light make it even scarier.

Usually red and green lights are reserved for important "signal lighting" like on a car. Green is the color your eye is most sensitive to, hence it is the easiest to detect for a human. Then why are the back lights of a car not green? Because red is best at "cutting" through foggy/rainy weather. Hence, red is the "signal color" for cars. In other areas in everyday life you never need visibility through fog except for lights on a car. That's also why antennas/towers somewhere on mountains have red blinking lights (and not any other color), to cut through bad weather in case flying objects might collide.

If you would add red light to all the regular street lighting then it would not more difficult to detect cars while driving. That is actually the reasoning behind it. It's just about light scattering (rayleigh scattering or mie scattering) depending on it's wavelength.

>make street lights red so we can see the stars better
You know we have street lights solely so we
1. Don't get raped by niggers
And 2. Don't get run over by cars?

I don't know, I'm not sure I want to see the colour red everywhere.

2spooky4mee

What no it's because you can literally see further using the blue wavelength.

Maybe if you want to make your city look like a massive brothel

better dead than red

Yeah, Lets all live in a silent hill-esqe hellscape.

This guy is pretty on it. Military uses red because it best preserves night vision, but it has a crazy long wave length and thus travels the farthest.

Resolution in red is shit tho. Can't read well, blue is best for that, other end of spectrum....

This is because Los Angeles directed the light downwards
If Los Angeles just direced the light downwards, and didn't change the lights to white and blue, the skies of Los Angeles would be even darker

They need to ban the dangerous glaring lights that modern cars have

Then howabout make car headlights pink

Studies in UK have shown that the reducing or dimming streetlights lead to no increase in crime and accidents

Red has shortest wavelength, so it doesn't travel as far as other light, so your location can be more hidden