Where did we go wrong:

Why aren't millennials buying homes anymore Sup Forums?

I don't know, but what I do know is that only rural and suburban retards voted for Drumpf. City people all voted for Hillary.

Poor financial planning, and a mindset for instant gratification.

After the housing crash of 2008, tighter restrictions were put on home loans to prevent another bubble. Mellenials do not qualify because they've been under employed.

The recession that followed prevented many mellenials from saving for a house partly because there weren't a lot of high paying jobs and they're the new "me" generation, have a weak work ethic and expect everything to be given to them.

Sorry boomer, trick someone else into buying your McMansion!

Job security.

I dont get it either. My girlfriend and i are both graduating and walking in to 90k+ salary jobs this month. Both in early 20's and still living with parents. I've been looking at starter homes in the 150k range and where i live that gets you 3+ bedrooms, 2 baths and 3+ acre scenic lots, mortgage around $1100 a month. Meanwhile she wants to rent a 1 bedroom flat in the city or a two bedroom style condo in the suburbs for $1300 a month. I try to explain that that is 60k GONE after 4 years, and that a house has equity that you can walk away from at any point with no loss. She doesnt care, she "just cant wait to have an apartment." It's infuriating and I dont know how to get through to her

This and exponential growth on boomers' (((investment))) aka a deteriorating and otherwise depreciating house

Because I still live in my parents. And always will.

This unequivocally. Federal Reserve is fine. learn to save.

Don't have to. Inherited the house built by my great great grandfather in the town my ancestors helped establish.

So instead of buying I'm using that money to fix it up.

why didn't your shitskin family take care of your family house

She also cant do anything without being an hour late so her reckless need for instant gratification is hypocritical and the sex isnt that good either, but i love her. Dont fall into the trap boys. Dont do it.

People are selling only the same kind of houses. Make smaller and/or stranger ones and sell those, especially in high cost-of-living areas. Or find some way to shift jobs+people together into the places where you want to sell your boring identical houses.
People keep inflating the housing market... Why not try investments that generate employment, too?

>shitskin
ahahahahaha! Nice one, m8.

It's 120 years old and needs updating is all.

Why do you hate Millennials so fucking much? Seriously, I'm Gen Z and I can't understand why you hate Millennials so much. Fucking Christ, they're dealing with the aftermath of the shit-show boomers left for them, so blame them if anything.

1. Usury
2. College loan scam, also usury
3. Lazy boomers stealing our $ for their social security and medicare

Explain to her that you're just trying to look forward to the future and that renting an apartment for that price when you can own an actual home for even less per month is a terrible idea.

If she still doesn't get it - she's not thinking towards the future like that, so she obviously don't see herself having a future with you, and you should break up with her now before it gets even more painful.

There's no job stability. If I get fired, buying a home would prevent me from seeking a job in another city or country. I see nothing but inconvenience in buying a house.

She’s a moron. I lived in my very first apartment in June, and bought a house in September because it’s 500 a month less and couldn’t stand the apartment. My mortgage taxes and all is 1049 a month by the way, and that was a 180k loan on a 200k house. Yours will be less unless you live in a state that rapes you with tax. I’m in Virginia.

I make enough money to, but I don't have a family to live with to warrant a house.

Homes went from 4x a yearly wage of one full time worker to 10x two full time workers.

half those chiclets are fake

You rent it out while away?

What's the point? How do I know I am even coming back there? Besides I come from a small town, nobody in their right mind would wanna rent a house there.