Say something nice about Little Shin

Say something nice about Little Shin.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kw2qEUwFbGM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He chose to face reality and not to run from the consequences of his and everyone else's failings in the very end which is more than pretty much any motherfucker on this board could ever manage.

He has a good seiyuu.

I would have spent all eternity fucking Yui.

he sucks a mean dck

He's not ugly

He seemed like a legitimately nice person.

He has a pretty cool robot mom.

He repeatedly managed to man up at the most crucial moments no matter how fucking awful his life was getting or how psychologically broken he was becoming.

Well, except for when it came to Asuka and Misato.

He would look good wearing women's clothes

Kaworu pls go

He's literally the best pilot

You mean Fuyutsuki

This.

Even if you don't count Yui's rampages, he has a higher kill count than the rest - and by the end of the series the most consistent synch rate also.

Why is the side material so weird

He gets to hang out with Misato, Asuka and Rei.

>implying that's a good thing

>Best Pilot just passing through on her way to defeat 12 Evangelions at once, solo

He would look great in the robot

Because like 90% of Japanese creators with successful franchises Anno/Gainax is willing to sacrifice their artistic integrity and that of their work by licensing it out to anything that'll pay and creating awful spinoffs solely designed to pander to otaku.

>implying that you are a homosexual

>not thinking with your penis 100% of the time

kys you'll never make it in this world

Have fun at lunch.

Oh wait

He ahould have done that at the start. Fucking retarded shinji.

>the character arc should have begun at completion

Yeesh, just watch the show backwards then or something.

I know this is a shitpost but you're actually kind of right

She only killed seven of them and didn't actually beat them.

And tbqh combat prowess matters less than results. Asuka only got one solo kill and for her other four notable kills she received significant aid from Shinji or Rei, including two instances where they saved her after she was about to lose.

Please quit posting pics of period blood

How do we take Asuka out of her eternal period?

Yep. Being the best soldier ever means shit if you get shot on your first operation

>gets tongue hockey from misato
>chokes asuka and wanks over her comatose body

He was doing pretty well there.

The "Shinji is le pussy XD" meme is completely overblown by retards and up until episode 16 he was pretty much kicking ass and taking names.

There is no arc. He is sad 99% of the time then decided to get stomped by mass produced evas. Stop shilling for shit writing.

A shotgun would work

Why didn't they give her nipples?

Thank you, god damn.

Except in ep 16 he could've easily reaffirmed himself and his convictions in that debate with leliel. Instead he just rolls over with every insult the angel throws at him.

He doesn't have to win every fight, just argue what he believes in.

I'm not arguing that he doesn't have a submissive personality, that's an integral part of his character. I'm just saying that every jackass that acts like all he does is cry for 20 minutes every episode is a fucking idiot.

Except he does cry WHEN IT MATTERS

His inaction is directly responsible for Touji's decapitation and Rei's death. He could've grappled Touji until more effective means could be found, and Ep23 is just unforgivable.

By the time Armisael rolls around, Shinji KNOWS that Yui is inside Unit-01 and he knows that Unit--01 is immortal. HE HAS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT, but he doesn't fight at all. He just stands there while Rei decides to suicide. If Unit-01 could deal with Zeruel, Amrisael is not going to be a problem.

I wonder if 20 years from now people will still be talking about Eva.

If 4.0 is as bad as it's going to be, then yes.

He wouldn't have voted for trump

>He could've grappled Touji until more effective means could be found
Really? You really think Gendo had any kind of plan b besides just killing the kid? You think he cared?
When Ritsuko comes up with plans and theories it takes days. There wasn't any other option than killing his only friend and Shinji was right to get mad and not know what to do.

I wonder if by then people will accept that it is a good show if it can stay relevant for that long and stop bitching about it.

>you dumb rookie

we all know how he wanted to end that sentence.

>He could've grappled Touji until more effective means could be found
He was refusing to fight because he didn't want to be responsible for hurting the pilot. Gendo's unpredictable cruelty is not something that can be blamed on Shinji.

>By the time Armisael rolls around, Shinji KNOWS that Yui is inside Unit-01 and he knows that Unit--01 is immortal. HE HAS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT, but he doesn't fight at all. He just stands there while Rei decides to suicide. If Unit-01 could deal with Zeruel, Amrisael is not going to be a problem.
Literally all of this is speculation, and it sounds like you're mis-remembering some things. Zeruel was a fucking tank but Armisael showed to be more deadly due to infection/corruption or whatever it was. And if I remember correctly Gendo refused to let Shinji go out and fight for fear of what could happen to Unit 01, which is why they sent Asuka out first. Hell I'm pretty sure Shinji was arguing with him to let him go out and fight.

Aside from that you seem to be forgetting that in my original post I said "up until episode 16".

You mean Anno.

Best girl.

I have a habit of always watching anime in the language I first watched it in . Being an old fag, for Evangelion that meant the dub.

I recently watched it subtitled and found Shinji to be much less annoying, and a more sympathetic character.

> Gendo

No. But Shinji isn't Gendo. Gendo actived the dummy plug well after Shinji gave up.

Shinji should've kept fighting.

> Before ep 16 didn't matter

It really didn't. It was a goofy SOL anime with occasional mecha fights.

And once again: Unit-01 is immortal. Shinji knows this. He still chickens out.

> Literally all of this is speculation

Shinji learns about Yui and Unit-01 in EP 20. It's the entire point of that episode. It's in the series, I'm not speculating anything.

>It was a goofy SOL anime with occasional mecha fights.
Confirmed for not watching shit.
>Unit-01 is immortal. Shinji knows this.
No it's not, no he doesn't.
You're just pulling shit out of your ass.
He knows it's more than just a robot, and that terrifies him. What scares him more is not doing his duty and so he gets in the fucking thing, no matter how much it hurts him physically each fight and how much the thing itself scares him.

>Confirmed for not watching shit.

Confirmed for whining like a bitch.

Jet Alone. Dance Training. Magma Diver. Episode. Fucking. Fifteen.

All Monster-of-the-Week mecha fights with occasional SOL and tsundere shit from Asuka.

> No it's not, no he doesn't.

Confirmed for not watching eps 19-21. The entirety of Ep 20 is devoted to Shinji learning about Unit-01 and his Mother. He knows Unit-01 isn't a robot. He knows it's a giant skeleton with living tissue grafted over it. 20 teaches him his mom is inside it.

Shinji is a dissociated pile of hallucinating goo during Ep 20. It's not clear how much he remembers, and there's certainly nothing in there about Unit-01 being "immortal".

how? what solution could you come up with years of time to think about it? did you have a better way to clean the angel out of the system in real time? Touji was probably already dead anyway, shinji was doing an early mourning for his friend.

>It's not clear how much he remembers

There's zero thematic purpose to having Shinji's mom keep him inside Unit-01 and reveal everything only for Shinji to get amnesia after he gets squirted out of it. Ep. 20 is about Yui revealing things to Shinji. That's why the episode exists.

Step 1: Strangle Unit-03 (just like the dummy plug did)

Step 2: Stab Unit-03 in the back with the knife and dig out the entry plug (just like Shinji did to Rei after Ramiel boiled her)

And how would that change the dummy plug being infected? How would you protect unit01 from being infected in the process?
Gendo had the pragmatic response, he literally did nothing wrong. And neither did Shinji for being a 15 year old who has never came up with a proper strategy in his life, he's a grunt with the strength of a hormonal little kid who gets scared when a girl acts assertive.

He would be a different character if he could solve complex scenarios in the blink of an eye without the help of any kind of professional, it would be a different show.

>Unit-01 is immortal. Shinji knows this.

No he doesn't. He may be aware that there is a presence inside protecting him and driving the Eva but relying on "magical mom armor" that only decides to come to your rescue at your most dire moment after you've taken the brunt of the thrashing isn't exactly a good strategy.

A trashing you are feeling on your own body, also. It's like knowing you'll pass any test in HS as long as you let someone put a nail through each hand.

>And how would that change the dummy plug being infected?

It doesn't. Shinji deals with the giant robot body and lets Nerv open the dummy plug that's now lying immobile and useless on the ground. Shinji doesn't have to deal with the infection. That's for Ritsuko and Fuyutsuki to figure out.

> he would be a different character

"don't stop fighting" is not a complex scenario to figure out.

>It's like knowing you'll pass any test in HS as long as you let someone put a nail through each hand.

No, it's like getting an A on the test if you agree to let them nail through your hands after you give up and stop filling in the answers yourself.

You COULD just pass the test yourself and not get the nails pounded in.

He doesn't know how the angel works, a week before they had a virus infecting the computer system, any contact with the angel could mean infection. Do you really think the best plan is to risk your main weapon, the most reliable one, because feelings? Objectively Gendo took the best option and Shinji had no way of knowing an alternative.
Remember that if you take out the head of an Eva the pilot also dies, if you cut off the arms you risk killing the pilot through pain.

yeah, sure, that.

> Do you really think the best plan is to risk your main weapon, the most reliable one, because feelings?

For somebody with Shinji's ideals, yes. And Gendo didn't activate the dummy plug until long after Shinji gave up. He was willing to let Shinji do the fighting himself.

>Remember that if you take out the head of an Eva the pilot also dies

This is patently untrue. Unit-0's head is severed clean off by Zeruel and lands right beside Shinji for the whole world to see. Rei is fine afterwards.

>Shinji ideals
what? he's a teen, he doesn't have ideals. He doesn't want to do ugly stuff, unless he's pressured into it. Shinji never stood up for nothing, he doesn't know how to do that and it's shown multiple times.

Unit-0 gets the plug disconnected before that. Asuka is the most trained pilot and she loses her shit after losing her arms long after the system is cut off.
You feel whatever happens to the Eva, a pilot with literally zero training wouldn't know how to deal with anything and there's no support from the base. Anything Shinji did was risking his life and the angel had no reasson to stop before it was totally nullified.

> Asuka is the most trained pilot and she loses her shit after losing her arms long after the system is cut off.

Asuka is also utterly incompetent and has proven that no amount of training has sunk into her thick skull. Using her as an example is not going to get you anywhere.

> what? he's a teen, he doesn't have ideals

You literally just wrote this above:

"What scares him more is not doing his duty and so he gets in the fucking thing, no matter how much it hurts him physically each fight and how much the thing itself scares him."

Those are his ideals.

That wasn't him, you idiot.
Besides, Shinji got in there, not for any glorious ideal. He got in there because the adults told him to and he wants to impress his father.
It's not until his conversation with Kaji about the watermelons during the Zeruel attack that he develops any ideal for saving the world.

I'm not that user, I don't share that feeling at all and would had answered that if I had noticed it.
That idea doesn't correlate with the three times he runs away and gets back as soon as he gets the smalles push to stay. As long as someone reassures him he's needed he changes his mind, he's a little bitch that wants to feel good with himself and has no idea how to get that.
And as soon as he starts feeling confident with his job and that maybe that's his role, he gets mind fucked by an angel. Because any time he has any confidence the world shows him he shouldn't. Of course he's gonna freak out isntead of taking his own decisions, he never takes the right one.

>he gets mind fucked by an angel

He doesn't get 'mindfucked'. He had a 2 way conversation with Leliel. Shinji actually had the opportunity to argue his case, but he just rolls over and takes whatever Leliel says. They were on equal rhetorical footing, and Shinji could've mindfucked Leliel in reverse if he'd just spoken his mind.

He was trapped inside a world created by a being that defies human comprehension, putting any fight was more than what was expected of him. And it came right after all his completely new feeling of pride was wrecked.

Eva isn't a show about fighting and finding the best solutions, is about teenagers dealing with internal things that even adults have trouble with. If he had a positive attitude and was a go getter it would be a different show it wouldn't have the impact it had.

>If he had a positive attitude and was a go getter it would be a different show it wouldn't have the impact it had.

Gurren Lagan was 'Evangelion with a positive attitude' and it got twice as big as Evangelion did. But that's beside the point. The point is is that it's well within Shinji's character to keep fighting when he hates it and wants to quit, but not doing so is a disservice to his character.

He's a chick magnet

>got twice as big as Evangelion did.
Stop. Stop telling stupid lies.

Do you even realize how old Eva is? It still gets more weekly threads than airing shows, and that's what most people here watch.
I don't remember a single time shinji kept fighting. Like, anything. Be it angels or people or his own issues. Most of all things that happened inside of him.
Unless I understood your sentences wrong because the "but" doesn't make sense.

> I don't remember a single time shinji kept fighting.

Shamshel. Ramiel. Jet Alone. Shahaquiel. Magma Diver. Zeruel.

All of these are fights where Shinji manned up and fought himself. Zeruel especially because he didn't get dragged back to Nerv. A pep talk from Kaji was all it took to get him to fight.

You're counting three cases he did it for someone else and had no other option, one that had no risk on his side, one that was just a long action sequence with no direct risk and one that came right after escaping, being pep talked and having no other option.
All the time shinji choses to risk himself because he has no worth, he isn't cool with dying but he'd rather do that than hurting other people after he realized he fucked a little girl. And in all those chances he didn't have to think anything, it was impulse and following orders. He's a grunt. When he tries to defy his orders and Gendo has the possibility to take him out of the controls, he does. Shinji is a tool that barely works and does so for the sake of others because he needs to feel worthy somehow and he's not getting that feeling from himself.

Again, you're trying to turn evangelion into a show it isn't. Shinji has no worth until the very end, and it comes from the closure of his whole arc. If he did that in episode 20 it would make no sense.

>is a tool that barely works and does so for the sake of others because he needs to feel worthy somehow and he's not getting that feeling from himself.

You're describing Asuka, not Shinji.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kw2qEUwFbGM

You could say the same about Rei. None of them work, but that's the point of the story, there is no perfect soldier. They are all replaceable tools. They are better than the dummy plug, sure, but for particular tasks it's all the same.
Asuka is the opposite of Shinji in terms of pride. She acts solely for her own pride, it's all internal and gets better results when that's her motivation. The only time Shinji had that he got fucked, so he kept acting for others. It's even discussed clearly in 25-26, he keeps living for the sake of others. It's his only motivation to take any kind of action.
Even protecting people is a result of someone being mad that he didn't do that and being happy that he would. Touji was the only reasson he thought about civilians.

Shinji is a huge capricious little cunt, and that's the point. We all were at his age and in certain ways people stay like that but learn to hide it better.

>it's all internal and gets better results when that's her motivation

Dude, no. Any time she acts selfishly she gets humiliated and fails.

And frankly Shinji's delusions aren't anywhere near as self defeating as asuka's. Shinji could function perfectly fine without Nerv. But as soon as you take the Nerv-drug away from Addict Asuka, she collapses

For that matter, Shinij's choice to serve others is like Rei's in that he does so for the wrong reasons, but selfishness isn't one of those reasons.

Bretty gud

Mh... I do see your point.
I still think that there's an opposition in how Shinji does his best when he has a team of people praising him and telling him he has a place, while Asuke strives in a certain type of opposition. She likes being smug and having someone to show how better she is than expected, be it Shinji or Rei or Misato or Nerv. But yeah, she also really depends on having all that people around her to invent some sort of competition that isn't actually there.
And when she is actually aware that she is superior to others she doesn't even care, like shwing off in school when she has a degree, instead she choses to have lower grades and not learning kanjis. It's all about insecurity, pretty obvious too, she doesn't fool any adult around her.

And all along Gendo simply doesn't care. He does show concern for Rei, and for a long time I assumed it was because she is a clone. But once he has the dummy pkug functional he really stops caring about her, he doesn't show the same worry for Rei III as he did for Rei II. Keeping her alive was important for the bigger plan, not because he actually had any feelings.

Man, people complain so much about Shinji being a bitch and don't see how much of a boss Gendo is.

I'm military. I appreciate selflessness and hate corruption. If I were solid-snake esque Kaji I would've put a cap in Gendo's head long before he had a chance to do his scenario shit.

But as military, I also know how insubordinate and STUPID asuka is for refusing to act as a team. I can't stand her because of my background. No, everything isn't a competition, and people who see it as one often once again, end up humiliating themselves.

But there's a reasson you can't join the army at 15, it would be caos. That's how youth is. In a way getting mad at the pilots is cool, everyone else is a mature adult and they behave as such. The pilots are teens and they are pieces of shit who think they are very important and everyone should be worrying about them all the time. Even Rei, who isn't selfish at any point, has a horrible attitude for a military operation since she's pretty much asking to be cannon fodder while being tied to one third of the whole operation that you simply can't replace.

If kaji hadn't been a double agent who was open to let things go to see where it ends he wouldn't had been part of the double crossing. Gendo didn't get to change the fate of humanity by leaving lose ends.

I joined the military at age 17 (for dat sweet Post 9/11 GI Bill). I was just 3 years older than Shinji when I started.

And Kaji was working for himself (he says this). He could've gone loose cannon at any point.

He doesn't know what he believes in. He's most swayed by appeals to justice and he'll reflexively jump into a volcano, but that's better than he's willing to believe. Like the Sahaquiel episode, he's thinking about Misato and her life story before, Gendo calls after to praise him and Shinji is shocked by it but decides after the fact that he piloted for that. Why he's piloting is a recurring question through the series, he's confronted about it being his own choice every time he trips out.

There's a huge difference between kids barely getting in HS and those exiting, you grow a lot in that short time. take one or two years from it and it's barely acceptable to be a chuuni. And these are particularly broken kids.

Again, Kaji wouldn't had gotten the job if Gendo didn't know how he would act and how to burn him when he became a danger.

I genuinely think he is an extremely brave and strong character.

>Wanting the triple incest that is ShinjiXRei
That's your prerogative.

> Wanting the diseased whore that is asuka

fuck off periodfag

I will be

I never said any were good, only that triple incest is superlatively bad.

That only makes it better

>only that triple incest is superlatively kinky.
ftfy

>only that triple incest is superlatively bad.

I think you mean magnanimously excellent.
Triple incest is triple wincest.

He is legitimately one of the best written anime characters.

He is best girl.

>pretending the normal material has integrity.