Was it really his fault?

Was it really his fault?

Absolute power corrupts.

Completely.

Reeeally?

Well, he didn't ask for his powers. But yeah pretty much everything is his fault, if you read the manga he's a complete asshole in every way.

He's an asshole in the anime, too. You just kind of feel sorry for him anyway because he gets shit on.

I cried for him at the end of the manga.

at the begining he just want to be cool , but then he took mit too far

That just proves we could get a decent looking Akira movie.

We already got one it's called Akira.

Why would you want it done again but without the hypnotic appeal of really good animation?

Go ahead and dodge that blame you fucking junky.

To appeal to the general moviegoing public so we can get new Akira goodies.

The Akira we know and love would never survive the process. They'd just peel the name off and use its established popularity as marketing for something completely different, just like what's happening with GitS. The general moviegoing public are popcorn grazing retards that can't think beyond finding their seat in the theater, and the movie would be aimed directly at them if it hopes of succeeding financially.
The goodies aren't worth it.

you're saying it as if either GitS or Akira were smart movies. They aren't, they're just spectacles, but the fact is that animation makes for more spectacular movies than live action, and that current hollywood trends don't allow studios to successfully replicate the feel and aspect of those animated movies.

Doesn't have anything to do with audiences being dumb, it all has to do with studios trying to imitate each other.

Akira is a pretty 'smart' story if you bother to read into it. The movie a bit less then the comic, but still.

He became a bigger amoeba. That was just him but more so.

meh, it's just vague buddhist clichés in both cases

If you want to give your interpretation I'm all ears. Genuinely curious 'cause I've always loved the story but I'm not sure what makes me so attracted to it.

I'm too tired to get into it, but Akira does a lot of things with themes of people backing themselves into doing bad things they don't really want to. There are really no terrible people in the story, but everyone does terrible things; everyone.

There's the big thing were the progress of society, the progress of mankind, and the progress of each individual drives them to basically grind one another up. Even still there's a lot of hope placed in the youth, even when they are some of the worst people in the series.

Anyway, I gotta sleep.

Well good night then user.

REMINDER IT'S HAPPENING
2 0 2 0