With all the fuss around Kimi no na Wa and Koe no Katachi...

With all the fuss around Kimi no na Wa and Koe no Katachi, It's sad that this movie won't get the attention it might deserve

youtube.com/watch?v=kczb7IJJg0g

Yeah, the release time is unfortunate, i really wish this movies does well.

I am quite hyped for it, because simple, pure romance is where its at.

That's movie business for ya. Look on the bright side, there will be us and some others that will give it the attention it deserves when the blu-ray drops.

I'm hype for this film. Looks beautiful.

The only thing i remember about this is how depressed i got after i finished it.

It doesn't come out until November, well after the hype for those films has died down. Plus it was a Kickstarter so they aren't putting as much on the line here

Is this the Grave of the Fireflies of our generation?

Probably. But the theme here is not as dark as Grave of the Fireflies.

Girl looks like she gets her drawing hand blown off, that's pretty savage.

How can flick like that even compete with Shinkai kino?

If you mean a GotF with moeblob, then yes, it could be.

Oh fuck, I had no idea this existed. I bought and love Town of Evening Calm, definitely looking forward to this being translated.

Between Shinkai's new movie, the KnK adaptation and now this, 2016 is shaping up to be a wonderful year for movies.

I would say she's more an airhead than a moeblob.

Because the source material is far more sensitive, intelligent and heartwrenching than anything Shinkai can hope to muster?

It's shit, Kimi no na wa is miles better than this shit

Have you watched both already?

Nah, he's just a memebot.

> Best action flick of the year
GARO. DIVINE FLAME

> Best serious drama movie of the year
KonoSekai

> Best sports TV series of the year
Yuuri!!! on ICE

BASED MARUYAMA!

I want him to succeed.
The guy is getting too old for anime.

Anime movies usually do fairly well, don't they? I really enjoy watching them more than seasonal time killers. It's unfortunate they aren't more common. People shouldn't find it so difficult to squeeze in the time to watch 3 films across a few months enough that the films compete for an audience.

Many people from the industry are looking forward to this and are placing high expectations on it. Maruyama spent years getting this off the ground. I have absolutely no doubt it'll be excellent. Original work by Kouno Fumiyo is fantastic and even though I liked her Yunagi no Machi Sakura no Kuni more, I think KonoSekai is more suited for a movie adaptation. The only thing I'm worried about is how well it'll do. Somehow, I get the feeling it won't do extremely well. But people already thrown decent amount of money onto it so it could actually do well. I'm just hoping.

Is this the Shirobako president guy or someone else?

Sunao Katabuchi.
I don't think he's in Shirobako.

The Shirobako president guy is a producer for this movie though.

This looks really good. I hope it does well.

Here's a picture of him with Shirobako's president.

Ah, that's why he looks entirely like some other guy. I just read the age comment and got confused.

After looking the guy up, I see he directed Princess Arete. That movie was very nice looking, done by 4C. Also Black Lagoon, not bad.

If you haven't seen it I recommend Mai Mai Miracle, the film he made before this.

How the fuck does he look like malay artist?

I'm planning on watching, but I feel overwhelmed. There's so much to watch in just a few months span.

I agree, I just finished watching Kimi no na wa right now. My weekends are turning into movie days.

>Mai Mai Miracle

Mediocre as fuck. Wouldn't recommend it.

It doesn't come out till November user. That's plenty of cooldown time. This movie will do fine. It's just KnK that'll flop.

I second this. Only the visual is pretty.

>SEA mudskin

Takes one to know another.

The secret AOTY

>mfw she loses her arm
Though I am happy the manga didn't end up like how we all were probably expecting it to.

loli gets bombed

Normally I would find foreheads like that disgusting, such as in Higashi no Kurume to Tonari no Meguru, but it is exceedingly charming here.

will they animate the sex scene?