Oh look Saitama beat his opponent with incredible ease, how funny that this happens several more times

>oh look Saitama beat his opponent with incredible ease, how funny that this happens several more times
>haha Saitama punched somebody in the nuts 10/10 instant classic
Why the fuck do people like this so much? It is literally more formulaic and predictable than the genre it parodies for being just that.
(its also not very funny)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iLF4NjTNr1o
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/25229/animated-background_animation-beams-dragon_ball_se
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's a parody, you twit. You even said it yourself.

It's about the characters themselves, and the interactions between them.

Saitama's one-punch thing isn't supposed to be funny - I can tell hungers for a battle where he will put his life on the line.

I don't know why this got as popular as it did, either.

>>haha Saitama punched some girly ninja in the nuts 10/10 instant classic

FTFY

generally a satire or parody has something smart to say. All this does is just take all the tropes to the extreme and it got old very quickly for me.

People don't call this show One Punchline Man for nothing.

One Punch Man?
More like No Stakes Man.
Only an autist would actually watch this show past episode 1.
Digibro is right.

Because it's fun, you idiot.

>one punch thing isnt supposed to be funny
I get that people think this because of the Slice of Life elements that are present, but considering the entire show is based around how he defeats enemies in one punch it is totally stupid to think they arent trying to be funny when they do it.

>implying One Punch Man is even actually about Saitama and not the warped meritocracy of the Hero Association and the inherent problems with such a classist political structure

Then don't watch it. Why do you care if people disagree with you?

>one joke stretched out for a whole season
>fun
not really

I guess this is your first day here

Yes it's shit just like all the other recent popular stuff.

I wish the whole show was like this youtube.com/watch?v=iLF4NjTNr1o

Power level bullshit makes most things have no stakes. It's why magic is a cop out on almost every level in fiction.

Digibro is an autist and a robot but like a shitty robot.

Thread is bait shit and people still arguing this as a negative of the show are thick as fuck.

>He's only paying attention to the show during the action scenes where the main character predictably wins
Action shows are essentially the same thing right up until the last fight where the main character could actually die, this series is quite clearly making a joke out of it. But it's quite clear from the start of the show that most of it is actually gags on how ordinary or bad Saitama is as a hero outside of fighting, a better criticism of it is that it falls back on that gag too often.

power level bullshit is stupid, but One Punch Man "parodies" that by... taking it to the absolute most boring extreme possible.
I feel like im in the twilight zone when people dont recognize how fucking stupid that is.

> it's supposed to be a parody and a show for fun
> it's supposed to be deep

I'm confused. This show is just terrible stop being pretentious.

>I don't know why this got as popular as it did, either.
Capeshit is big in the west since they started pushing the "Being geeks is cool you guys!" shit. It's pretty big everywhere really since Marvel keeps vomiting those shit movies constantly.

Saitama vs Garou when
Garou vs Metal Bat when

WATCHDOG MAN VS GAROU WHEN

Who cares? Saitama still loses to Yamcha who is a legit planet level character who fought evenly with Saibamen.

Am I having a stroke or has this exact thread with many of the posts been made before, word for word

Saitama punched out a planet buster and causally jumped from the moon to the earth in seconds.

if the one punch element werent what all the fans circlejerk about, and also not the main selling point, i would buy into that.
It doesnt just fall back on that gag too often, the entirety of the show is just that one gag.
>durr durr Saitama is sooooo strong
>Saitama is sooo strong... again
>repeat ad nauseum until show/manga is over
It is certainly making a joke, its just a shitty stale one that could have been better if they scaled back just a bit.
Honestly i think the show would work better not only as an action comedy but also as the parody they intend it to be if Saitama flat out wasnt in the show or was barely involved. Like if he was some sort of hermit they were looking for training and find out that he's an idiot, and instead of him coaching them he just fucks off to continue being an idiot and not part of the story.

>Digisuck
>Ever being right

Well you see, there are a lot of people under the age of 18, so it can't be helped. Of course I do wish they'd go back to Sup Forums.

If you're sincerely arguing about power levels, you are literally too stupid for even something as simple as OPM. Congrats, Japanese 10 year olds have greater brain capacity than you.

>Good action

>MC has more problems than fighting monsters
Too strong, no more emotions when fighting. He does the same thing everyday with no risks or excitement and no one knows or cares about him. He swallows his pride and make people think he's a fraud to give the other heros credit because he sees them all as equals to himself but he knew the civilians wouldn't.
>There's a lot more focus on other characters that are nowhere near his level
Mumen Rider's speech then instant loss.Saitama giving Mumen Rider the recognition of a real hero even though he's just a normal dude. Mumen Rider helping the civilians after alien invasion even though there's a chance the aliens could fire again. Genos risks his life to save civilian. Learning more about the other heros and Hero Association

If you're simple minded, all you think about is the simple shit in the show.

At least once every week we have this same thread with the same level of shitposting.

Joke on you digibro actually like OPM.

ITT: OPMfags getting baited easily just shows how dumb they really are.

He said it was good for 1 episode and after that they just reuse the same joke over and over again.

This is true.

On the other hand, if people would stop baiting them, we'd pretty much have no OPM threads at all, so why can't we make that happen?

>It-it-it's just a parody bro! Y-you're not supposed to take it seriously! S-s-so there! PFFFFT

>HA TAKE THAT YOU RETARDS!!!!

>Slice of Life elements

Are you retarded?

Power level discussions are harmless.

better than this shit.

DBZshit with over 9000 episodes actually have better animation than high budget anime like OPM.

Power level discussions are literally, without any hyperbole at all, only participated in by the stupidest people on this site. Seriously, there's not one topic more capable of drawing in the absolute lowest of low IQ poster than power level fights. They're completely pointless, the winner of the fight is whoever the author wants it to be.

Saitama is the worst character in his manga after all. Manga is only fun when he isn't doing stuff.

>better animation
yeah much better look at this shitty animation

Both are shit but half of that gif is looped, the other half is just lights clashing at each other.
How is that a good animation?

He said the first episode gave him better impression than the rest but by no mean it was shit if not he wouldnt bother finished the show.

HAHAHAHAHA

Nice bait

You chose a shit animation from DBZ super. You're clearly not being biased.

please show us a "good animation"

Its okay just let it go.

>half of that gif is looped
There's some different electrical animation with each hit but for the most part of him hitting the pillar, yeah it's looped.

We get it, you're a hipster that doesn't know how to have fun, go re-watch lain or something.

sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/25229/animated-background_animation-beams-dragon_ball_se

Really good animation looped sparingly vs really shitty animations looped over and over.

Refer to thisNow stop pretending like you actually watch the show and not just memeing.

How do they always manage to make it look so much weaker than it should with universal level beings fighting.

OPMfags BTFO.

It's really popular because of the FIGHTS and SICK ANIMATION.

Wow anime in 60 fps is jarring.

Beerus has nothing to do with the current fight.

>1 good fight scene in almost 1 year run and its not even that impressive.
Just let it go man.

You opmfags claim that Saitama and Black Goku rip off are planet busters yet their fight isn't showing that. At their best, their fight managed to sunk a ship and move some clouds.

I guess that building is infinitely long, oh and still frames and flashy beams ain't exactly great animation.

>They spent all their budget on this one scene and it still looks mediocre
kek

>generally a satire or parody has something smart to say
>what it's not supposed to be deep -11/10 terrible show pretentious fans

But it looked fucking awesome.
I bet you're the type of person that watched Pacific Rim and expected some kind of plot.

He also chunked hundreds of miles of the moon surface when jumped back.

More like
One Joke Man

>I didn't actually watch Super:the post

The speed of it seems slow as well, like the clouds of debris from impacts are rising into the air nearly as fast as Goku is moving up the building.

>oh look it's THIS thread again

Why do OPM threads gather the worst of the autistis and autistic powerlevelfags?

OPMfags are really dumb as fuck. I just brought up a DBZ fodder and this thread turns to DBZ vs OPM battle.

Whats the point of being alive if you know you're going to die?

You don't know how you're going to die vs You know he'll defeat an enemy in 1 punch.

The first one is unpredictable while the other is predictable.

There has yet to be a "male protagonist has something weird about him which is made into a joke for an entire series" show that's been bad.

it started when the anime came out and all the autistic DBZ fans started shitting their diapers over "muh power levels"

We, DBZfans aren't autistic like OPMfags.
We know that Saitama is Krillin level, end of story.
OPMfags are the one says lies like half the power of big bang punch and other nonexistant feats.

A ship that was as big as city and cloud parting across earth hemisphere is faaar more than enough to imply the sheer magnitude of the fight and absolutely 100times better than a guy who can destroy solar system yet his final attack only poof small craters.

>We

Everyone knows that DBZ Energy attacks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Physical attacks

>itt Sup Forums hates when things go popular

That's not the case, otherwise we would LOVE you.

>title ONE PUNCH Man
>come expecting otherwise
>get angry like an autistic underage shonenfag

Pacific Rim was straight up action and didnt try to sell itself as some subversive trope busting parody like OPM does.

>thinking its unfair to expect a comedy series to have more than one joke
>thinking its unfair to expect a comedy series to not run the one joke it does have into the ground

it's has more than one joke you fucking retard.

It really has more than one joke. If you found that you missed all the funny stuff, maybe you need to take some kind of spectrum test.

OPM is for western manchildren to discuss power levels. It's shit.

Better than mob shitco in every aspect.

>The madhouse anime with bones freelancers is a success
>The actual bones anime flops

You cant make this shit up.

>but considering the entire show is based around how he defeats enemies in one punch

the animation and the music

the fuck you talkin bout

>at the gym
>two blacks spotting each other
>one of them mentions Saitama's training regime
>go up to them and ask if they're into much anime
>"Anime? Nah that shit's gay af. OPM is a cool cartoon, like DBZ."

Niggers love them some DBZ.

Don't most parodies do so by taking things to an extreme? If they didn't then wouldn't they would be a subversion and not a parody?

It's supposed to be in the same vein as a "parody" but instead of playing off of the cliches it just uses them as meaningless fodder to make way for flashy action and cheesy comedy. I enjoy it because of the fantastic manga art, which only adds to the great fights. The characters are likeable, whether or not they act predictable and the way most of them are trivialized by such a strong main character is enjoyable to watch.

Yes user. Never watched a parody before?

>haha i'll try baiting someone with some old punch meme

The show is worth it to see the try-hard entry-level nigs it produces.

This happens indeed several times but it is a portion of the story. Most of the story is about the other characters.