Welcome to the N.H.K:Anime vs Manga vs Novel

Which one do you prefer?
Did one of them change and you and how?
Which version of Missaki is better?

Other urls found in this thread:

openings.moe/?video=Opening1-WelcomeToTheNHK
youtu.be/tg8Jahz6RM4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why is Yamazaki looking so moe? Was Yamazaki moe?

The manga is too edgy

he was the fucking best

The anime is so disgustingly animated I dropped it at episode 16.
The manga is nice.

I watched the anime and read the novel after. I didn't bother with the manga because it seemed shitty. I probably enjoyed the anime more.

The anime obviously cuts some stuff, like the drug use is only sort of ambiguously implied, and it adapted a bunch of junk that got sort of tacked onto the manga. The manga basically added some "how to live your life correctly" arcs in the middle, the worst of which is the really out of place pyramid scheme arc.

Anyway, it's really difficult for this type of story as a novel to compete with an anime adaptation. The comedy is gonna be more impactful, the story's gonna be more immersive, and the characters are gonna be more bombastic by the very nature of the medium. The novel was never some great piece of literature in the first place, it was just sort of a window into the life of a hikki.

By the time the anime was being produced they really knew which gems to polish, and they knew to avoid some of the pitfalls of the manga. The big problem with the manga that everybody talks about is that they made Misaki a way less likeable character. I thought the anime captured her pretty well (except for the stupid cosplay shit, etc.). She spends time with whatsisname, but it's really more about her than it is about him so she's always sort of detached and almost indifferent toward his plight. Right up until the end, when neither of them really change but they realize that they can support each other.

Anyway, to sum up, the anime has an edge because it's such a strong visual medium and it's pretty well directed. Plus the music is pretty good ( openings.moe/?video=Opening1-WelcomeToTheNHK ). The awkward filler is the weakness. But don't expect more characterization or anything from the novel. If anything it's got less substance (though more substance abuse).

>I didn't bother with the manga because it seemed shitty
>proceeds to criticize it saying what its content are and what's wrong
Nigga what

So basically, you're shitting on something based on 2nd hand accounts that may or may not even be accurate. Wow, you're a real smart guy.

Yeah, I'm saying that's why I didn't bother with it. I heard people saying the manga makes Misaki a real bitch. All I said in my post about the manga was that people say it made Misaki more of a bitch so I didn't bother with it, and that it added some filler. Both of those things are facts. I'm not "shitting on" or criticizing anything.

Never read the novel, and between anime and manga, I preferred the anime version.

>By the time the anime was being produced they really knew which gems to polish
Animation wasn't one of those.

youtu.be/tg8Jahz6RM4

read the manga faggot

Yeah I definitely never claimed it looked great.

>heard it from someone else
>a fact

Never read the manga but the novel is awesome

>can't into reading comprehension
It is a FACT that that is what I heard. It is a FACT that I did not pick up the manga because of what I heard. I never made any claim as to the veracity of what I heard. I don't know if it's accurate, I didn't read the manga.

do you think everyone on Sup Forums is destined to grow out of anime like yamazaki did? i don't want it to be true

Pretty much agree with this. Want to add that from the little I read of the manga, I liked the anime's character designs more--Sato looks older and more like his age, and Misaki looks more tired/muted. The manga seemed visually over-the-top/cartoonish from the first few pages, which immediately turned me off.

Of course, people complain that waifu-tiering Misaki in the anime makes it thematically inconsistent, but I still prefer it.

I wonder. It probably depends if you really become a wizard or not. Past that point there will probably be no more oppurtunities to do that.
Can you guys imagine Sup Forums being around in thirty years, and posting here?

pyramid scheme was worth it to see that chick's tits in the bath tub

I like the original novel the most. First of all, the end was best. It hadn't provide anything bombastic, nor it did solved anything like it often is in life. Satou still remains hikikomori. It was quite hopeless but that's what kind of made it so fascinating. Also, the scope of the story was more grounded in reality than anime/manga version. He tried some things and failed at them coming back to his shelter. In various adaptations he just tried way too many things. It was entertaining and good but the theme of leading a life of anxiousness secluded from society worked much better when Satou didn't do so many things. But I liked anime and manga, too. Perfect mix of comedy, drama, vanity and hopelessness.

I prefer the novel the most. I think the anime and manga succeed in different aspects, most notably being more dramatic and involving more romantic aspects, but the novel really hit home for me in the core principle of the story which is the exploration of what drives a human being to a hikkikomori lifestyle. While I can't say I've changed my hikkikomori ways thanks to it, it offered a nice bit of introspection and experiencing friendship with a girl like Misaki vicariously was somewhat fulfilling in spite of it's realistic take on the conclusion of such a relationship.

>Can you guys imagine Sup Forums being around in thirty years, and posting here?

I actually can. My social ineptitude is starting to reach a point of no return, and it's been a few years since I've given up even hoping for a chance at a normal romantic relationship.

If for some reason my plan to commit sudoku the day I become a wizard falls through, I'm certain that I'll submit myself to a life of working for nothing except self-sustenance and funding my addiction to unreality; video games, books, anime, manga and such. If somehow Sup Forums manages to survive until then (or even 30 years from now), I will sure still be here, posting away. Thanks for reading my blog.

I don't even want to imagine how shitty this site will be in 30 years.

>Implying it won't be better
Right now, we're a bit of a fad.
In thirty years, we'll only have the most dedicated posters left, pretty much.
So, it'd be really good by Sup Forums standards.

That's another thing, besides being 30 years older and presumably having changed in that time.
Or maybe this site is shitty at all times, and oldfags just grow out of it at some point?

he is one of us.

Blu-rays when.

I liked the manga the most.

Mostly because people were crazy in it without a reason. Which is sort of realistic.

No. Yamazaki was somewhat normal compared to the majority of people here.

Manga > LN > Anime

Oldfags probably give up on taking anime as seriously as Sup Forums does. I wouldn't go as far as saying they all grow out of anime, though.

>not noticing Misakis thicc thighs first
got news for you user

OP here
Just finished the novel and now I'm depressed. With that said between all of them(keep in mind that I only read the manga from volume 3 through 8) I still prefer the anime(the manga was too silly sometimes and the light novel was not as deep as the anime(PLUS THAT MUSIC)) but all of them deserved to be your time

>out of place pyramid scheme arc

I actually liked the pyramid scheme arc, but that's because I know someone who was tricked into this when I was younger.

The whole global economy is doing a grand pyramidal/ponzi scheme right now. That's more worrying.

>someone on Sup Forums being gay

what else is new?

I dropped the manga after the suicide island arc. The manga skated over the repercussions of that event even worse than the anime did. I appreciate that they had the balls to show the drug use, though.

The anime. The truth really hurts.

Honestly though, I do prefer the novel the most. It felt the most appropriate and "honest" to me. Misaki almost does nothing intrusive on Satou, and it felt the most fitting on how she and her non-existent self esteem would act given the situation.

Also as a side note, it's interesting how the author just recently said that he failed to portray Satou's loneliness meaningfully and that he basically rushed to get Satou to the ending.