JONOUCHI SHOULD HAVE WON GODAMMIT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm still fucking mad.

Then you'd call asspull the fact that he managed to stand up and play his card after getting roasted by a god.

>Then you'd call asspull the fact that he managed to stand up and play his card after getting roasted by a god
Literally who would say that?
He only had to play his card and he would have won.

You fucking faggot. I hope you die for reminding me the most frustrating moment in Yu-gi-oh history.

just the fact he made the main villain shit his pants was pretty great desu

Good thing I dropped after Pegasus arc, well actually after the dice game with the rival shop's edgy guy, and never picked up again.

His name is Joey you weebshit.

>gets knocked out by a hologram

keks a plenty

They were reak though with shadow game magic.

>build a deck around the mc's deck
>lose to everyone else
This dude wasn't very smart for someone who could manipulate minds.

Pretty stupid how passing out made him lose the duel

>He only had to play his card and he would have won.
Shit he played the card. He just passed out before he could finish declaring an attack.
He lost by SYLLABLES! That's some bullshit.

Marik was a pretty shit duelist.

I mean, great design, hilarious faces and an entertaining deck, but without Ra he was just a scrub.

Kaiba is a dick

>JONOUCHI
Who? You mean Joey?

That's an automatic forfeit in literally any contest.

>Watching Duel Monsters
>Watching 4KIDS VERSION

Not a passing out contest

I read that in Malik's dub voice.
A shame that uncut dub got cut short. The sub is refreshing to watch.

What is the man from Stargate doing here.

>forgetting jonouchi won the previous duel against rishido because of the same bullshit
Lets be fair. Jonouchi didn't deserve being in the semifinals.

It was a super powerful egyptian god hologram tho.

This
It's one of those times i literally wanted to stomp my face in the wall as a kid, like when Ami lost in Toradora, or when kikyo was kill

溶岩魔神ラヴァ・ゴーレムの攻撃!

JONOUCHI・FIRE!

Not in the US presidential election.

Considering Jonouchi was poor and his deck was made of the best 40 cards he could find, he really didn't deserve to make it that far. He only did through some skill and a lot of luck. It's kind of funny how that same luck fucked him over in the end. He literally draws the golden ticket but he can't do anything about because he collapses on the verge of death.

Yugis granpa owns a cardshop and kaiba is rich and can buy any broken ass card he wants. Joey doesnt deserve to be there because he won with skill?

Plus Rishid was beating him fair and square, and only fucked up once Jou pointed out that he was too honourable to be Marik, so Marik forced Rishid to play Ra, which backfired on him.

It got to the point where Jonouchi was actually facing defeat in the next turn, because Serket would have wiped him out had it not been tributed to summon Ra.

Deckbuilding is also an integral part of the game. If you have a shit deck it doesn't matter how much skill you have because you'll never be able to beat other decks that have clearly OP cards. I'm not saying Jonouchi doesn't have skill, he has demonstrated it multiple times, but a lot of his cards are just plain garbage even in his own series. Luck also incorporates heavily into his duels and it can only take you so far.

Nonsense.

Marik knew tat Joey wouldn't be able to face a direct hit from the winged dragon of Ra and be able to continue the match and that is exactly what happened.

Exactly like Marik planned.

Joey got owned!

Always wondered with Yugioh and it's crazy ass faces. Aren't those a bit too scary for a kids show?

that's not true. he was a better duellist than bakura.

In fact he was so much better than Bakura that he was able to predict both what his good self would tell bakura about his deck, how bakura would try to beat his deck, and what about his deck to change in order to beat the strategy that bakura would use.

And that's what he did

It's also symbolic of Jonouchi's character. His character represents potential. He keeps falling down only to get back up and stronger and his deck represents that too because it starts by being shit but overtime he's able to add better, more powerful cards to his deck to make it stronger through his duels with opponents who are stronger than him. His knowledge of the game and the tactics he uses becomes more complex over time too. I feel he will eventually he will reach the point where he will surpass Yugi and Kaiba.

Also the fact that Malik never tried against anyone but Atem. He just fucked around with everyone else he dueled and looked down on them. He anticipated Mai stealing his Ra and that's what he let her do because he knew she wouldn't be able to unlock its full potential.

google image search "遊戯王 顔芸"

>knowledge of random rule breaking bullshit the show pulls is tantamount to being a good duelist
almost no-one in the show used 'good' strategies, the best was probably Kaiba

Nice

So should the Panthers, but you don't see me making threads about it.

>best was Kaiba
>when he sacrificed his Obelisk for a weaker monster because of a vision he saw

It was foreshadowed that only "chosen duelists" could properly control the gods. Malik, Kaiba, and Atem all had connections to Egypt where the gods originated from which is why they could control them.

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Kill yourself you fuck

>JONOUCHI

Who?

>kek
>that title

Yugioh threads always filled with these types? Also go kill yourself, OP.

does the egyptian god thing happen in the new yu gi oh show?

Nope, just dimension fuckery

THEY DIDN'T HOOK UP

FFFFFUUUCK

Say what you want about Bakura and his constant jobbing but Yami!Marik literally wins thanks to dumb luck.
>Mai could have easily win even if she didn't summon Ra. Summons Ra away but needs a password to use it.
>Bakura with Assistance from real Marik had Ra and could have won without it.
>Jonouchi was literally seconds away from winning but passed out at the last second due to all the burns from a God card.

>literally complaining about breaking the rules in fucking Yu-Gi-Oh

Yet i can still respect Marik as a villain for still managing to be a threat despite sucking at card games, Bakura has no way of gaining that kind of respect
>Gets trapped in a board game
>Manages to come back acting all smug
>Loses in duelist kingdom and disappears
>Again comes back thinking he's hot shit
>Gets knocked out by Tristan and has amulet thrown away
>Still smiling like a little cock and somehow got amulet back
>Loses to Yugi again in Battle City
>But it's alright 'cause my master plan is already in motion
>Loses to Marik and pretty much dies
>Comes back only because Yugi defeated Marik, if he didn't he was royaly FUCKED
>FINALLY unleashes his master plan which is pretty much almost the same thing as his very first plan yet he thinks somehow things will turn out different, also loses to a marshmallow at some point
Jesus Christ man they should've retired the guy before he lost all dignity

>>when he sacrificed his Obelisk for a weaker monster because of a vision he saw
This wasn't even a bad move, both Obelisk and Blue Eyes had enough Attack Points to win the duel, it didn't matter either way, trump it up to style points if you want.

Oh please Bakura was a great villain. Only reason he lost the board game was because Atem kept lucksacking crits thanks to his special skill. I liked how they kept him relevant and foreshadowed his Parasyte Mind technique to come into play at the end of the story. Even if Yugi never beat Malik he would've still survived since part of his soul lived in the puzzle. Bakura was basically Zorc so it makes sense he would be attracted to the Puzzle the most since he wanted revenge against Atem. The biggest flaw in his plan was his overconfidence in thinking Yugi was some weak little kid who housed Atem's spirit like Bakura housed his. But every villain in YGO was overconfident so it kinda fits that pattern.

The Bakura inside the puzzle was just trapped in the maze unable to do anything if Yugi & Co didn't come inside the puzzle, had Yugi lost against Marik he'd just be there probably for eternity like some dumb fuck who angered the Lady of Pain

Except that Ishizu's Sacrifice Blast would've killed Obelisk the moment he attacked her directly losing him the duel. Kaiba sacrificing a stronger monster for a weaker monster is completely against his character too. Blue-Eyes was the only way to win that duel and he never considered it until he saw the vision.

But he didn't know about the Sacrifice Blast. The point was Kaiba didn't break any rules doing what he did, it was just stupid, but perfectly legal and in fact something someone might do if they have a signature monster they're associated with.

Malik is by far the worst duelist of that season. I am still appalled at how badly he played Ra in the finals.
Yugi vs Kaiba was the true final in my mind.