How can you become a famous mangaka when you draw like shit

Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

ww.youtube.com/watch?v=3qM2vHahcqQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You should've seen the one-shot.

> Did he learn the fundamentals
> perspective ???!

Because people have shit tastes. If only the plot was good.

A lot of people are famous for other reasons than the quality of their art.

The action scenes are pretty nice, in the manga at least. I haven't watched the anime, it's kind of boring when you know everything that happens.

There's still hope for me then.

You knew Isayama was an user ?

He started by posting some pages on /ic/

.. why would he post here instead of 2chan? This can't be true.

I tried to read it but couldn't go on after 5 chapters or so. The drawing is so awful, I don't understand how this has become so big.

Who has the flattest butt and why is it Mikasa?

OMG OMG !! They're not kawaii !! THIS ART IS SHIT !!

That's not even the worst one. Someone post the part where the cadets are all walking down the stairs at Trost and Reiner is talking about shoving blades up butts

Having and interesting story/premise, which aot did very well, it's very easy to self insert into their world, and think "wwyd" in every other scenario, espicially at the start.

Solid world building to get people invested, and blame plot twist, next thing you know you have the biggest anime of all time, making your manga explode.

It is objectively bad, it isn't even particular well stylised like other manga art so it can't use that as a defence.

No, it's perfectly fine, a bit erie the art is great in it's own right

Literal shit throw on a blanket can be called art and sell for millions.

Just give up.

Read more than a few chapters

I think the show made it popular

Are you retarded? The two most jacked-off manga artists on Sup Forums are Inoue and Miura, no one's demanding that all manga art be cute.

There is also Claymore and Angel Densetsu where the characters look like they have old people gums or those like Ken Akamatsu who can't draw hands worth anything. Full metal Alchemist has eyes up on the characters foreheads and don't forget One Piece with those giant feet. But if they have a good tale to tell then you look past the bad stuff and don't end up getting caught up in details.

I'm not a fan of Isayama but I think his later art is ok. But I love gritty artstyles in general.

Outside of Japan maybe.

The manga is already popular within Japan even before the anime. There is a decent monthly thread here on Sup Forums as I remember.

It was popular even before the anime, it was the to go casual hipster manga for a short while.

Oda knows perspective

> monthly release
> draw like a 6yo chinese girl/boy

That panel gave me chills!!

holy shit please post it

Same way you can make a mega-hit video game with shitty graphics- do well enough at everything else that people overlook the bad visuals.

The manga actually has some good panels here and there, but the dude can't draw humans for shit

I genuinely don't know how he'll be able to make a non-titan manga after this. The titans are his pride and joy.

His human faces have improved, but are inconsistent. He changes the way he draws features often for some reason. His anatomy is still pretty bad but its gotten better too.

The weird thing for me, is that people generally get a lot better when doing a project for this long of a time, but he marginally improved

But he at least got somewhat better, the first chapters were an eye-sore

If he wants to sell well in his next series he's got 2 years to get a lot better at drawing humans.

I wonder if he ever worked as someone's assistant before starting his own series.

Why would he post on 2chan?

Looks fine to me
Whats everyone problem with SnK ?

I bet it took him one year to draw this shit.
ww.youtube.com/watch?v=3qM2vHahcqQ

i read a manga base on the story not the art
im not a neckbeard who read manga for the art
what are you a 12 yr old kid?

Please the story is fucking shit. Have you heard of zombies ? It's the same shit with titans.

So after titans eat people they shit them out as new titans?

This is not a book, manga is a package that also includes art, and the art itself is part of the storytelling

If a mangaka can't draw for shit he is faded to become failure on the long run, he can't rely forever on a one-hit manga

Do you also watch tv and movies blindfolded? If not fuck off, retard. This is a visual medium.

>he marginally improved

For a monthly release It's shit, sorry but really it's shit. Miura wasn't super good when he started but he was still good. Araki improved. Murata improved (Eyeshield 21). But Isayama is a joke. Does he have assistants ?

ONE has two hit series without 90% of the work he didn't even have to stick to deadlines or draw extremely well.

Do you think other mangaka feel suffering from seeing his success?

It's not hard to do when the vast majority of both your readers and colleagues know next to nothing about anatomy, or art in general.

>im not a neckbeard who read manga for the art

Comic books are a visual medium, retard. If you don't care for the art, read a book instead. You'd get a much better story that way, too.

Yeah let's compare him to three of the best mangaka alive. Not everyone can have 10/10 art skills.

I honestly like Isayama's art more than any ongoing shonen.

Nobody denies the importance of art as a means of storytelling in manga.

But a manga with a shit art and an amazing story would most likely be considered a diamond in the rough. When a manga with shit story but an amazing art is basically just a polished turd.

No joke the earlier chapters remind me of that one time Kishimoto fucked up and ended up releasing a chapter of Naruto with the art half finished because he ran out of time.

Was that supposed to be a rebuttal? Cos that ain't great art man.

You're dumb if you don't realise the bad art is part of its appeal, and a contributing factor in its success. Replace the art with generic, clean lines and uguu faces and I guarantee it would have been forgotten.

The art style is unquestionably unique to the artist, and what's more he picked a setting where he could turn his inability to draw proportions into a feature by making the titans weird and deformed by nature.

It's exactly the same with One's works. The art has a recognisable quality, and matches the context of his work (in his case it's amusing, but with AoT it's creepy).

When everything is slick, smooth and vapid, it's obvious that something messy but substantial will stand out.

Side effect of thinking something is good is that you tend to see the bad stuff in a good light. See: Ping Pong, the art style was wonky as fuck but now people who like it see it as a unique appeal to the series.

Although the direction (sound and visually) was amazing

How is that bad?
For me its honestly one of the best pages and the manga as a whole is one of the best drown there is. It looks like its own thing and not just some generic shit.

FMA and OP look totally fine, you nigger.

>But it's not generic!
Nigger, there are thousands upon thousands of mangaka in the industry. Having a recognizable style isn't rare or special, and nor is having a "messy" one. There are plenty of recognizable and unusual styles that actually look good, to boot.
SnK's art isn't particularly creepy, either, it just makes you want to laugh.

>How can you become a famous mangaka when you draw like shit
Because people who read manga actually care less about anatomy than they do about a well told story

>/snk/
>decent

Tsubasa is hardly a great argument, user. It's a mediocre story read by millions of people who barely read manga.

don't post that evil here

The art's not great but it's not unbearable either. Unless you are one of those fags that playing video games only for the graphics.

No, they don't.

Mangaka all have some sort of "self-trained artist" type shortcoming, even the ones who went to art schools.

Yes, they do.

It's a fighting shounen, user. The story is complete garbage, the only reason you'd read is for cool-looking shit.

Nuh uh

Let's just skip to the part where we post smug reaction images.

Let's skip further ahead to where I anihilate you with my ultimate meme!

You don't need to draw like Miura to become a mangaka, this style works for SnK and that's it.

>draw like Miura

Fuck at least SnK actually comes out every month.

Read a fucking book if all you care about is the story. Better yet if your primary focus is story than you definitely shouldn't be following SnK's trainwreck of a story.

>the bad art is part of its appeal
This is what SnKfags ACTUALLY believe.
>comparing Isayama to ONE
OK, now you're just baiting.

Well then what's bad about it? You're opinion is just as worthless

Nothing is particularly bad about it, there's just nothing good about it. He has improved since the early chapters, where his shading looks like a highschoolers, half the art is sketchy for no apparant reason, and (seen very well in OP) his hands and arms are fucked up whenever he has them do the salute. The sharp points of their elbows make them look like they're made out of flat paper, the perspective on the fists is off, and his lines are generally pretty shaky and uneven.

>casual
So people who don't like fan service cute grill animes are casuals?