Is being unemployed degenerate if you can afford it?

So I've been out of work for a year (haven't even been looking for a job) and just living off my investments. I could probably go another 3-5 years without working, but should I? Am I not contributing enough to society by not working and just spending all of my savings instead? Why should I work?

>being unemployed degenerate if you can afford it?
no.
you owe society nothing.

its not but you should probably get some type of job and not post on Sup Forums all day

Jobs aren't that easy to come by in some areas once you've made up your mind to never again commute and re-enter degenerate shithole cities
tbqh

Fuck no. Take the time off to transition into working for yourself, escape the wageslave-loop

Not working for someone else is perfectly fine and understandable. But you should work. For your own benefit

No. I read about a guy who got by simply by getting comped all the time. He hadn't worked a job for like thirty years.

Nice trips
I just can't seem to get motivated to get back into the cubicle wageslave system. I was a software engineer for 12 years, have a master's degree in comp sci, but the type of work I end up doing is just LAME. Building RESTful apps to move old ass companies off of mainframes sucks massively.

kek - I have to pay for my sushi...

if you do something useful with your time or sort things out, no

We are being asked to work longer for less as the central bankers inflate fiat currencies far above stated rates.

Looking back into the past under a gold standard (not that we have to go back to this example) slight deflation was the norm. Couple this with increased productivity and technological advances and most if not all goods should have a steady to declining price (( in a free market system (which we do not have) aside from things like crop loss, natural disaster etc)).

Basically honest hard work is being devalued to benefit the powers that shouldn't be.

So if you can take care of your needs, go for it.

Pic related (original Mcd's menu, inflation in a debt based system is a bitch)

>hard work is being devalued
you shouldnt work hard, you should work effective

I agree. I'm using the term "hard" as in someone that gets up everyday and does something productive, instead of someone using credit created out of nothing to steal purchasing power away from users of a currency.

>instead of someone using credit created out of nothing
you mean "real" work then, I understand

Good luck getting a job with an employment gap.

Fucking make an app dude. Free time, money cusion, and coding skills. Could be a good way to work for yourself instead of the man.

I love pathetic threads like this where lonely faggots boast about their job/lifestyle/wealth and ask brain-numbingly stupid questions just for attention. Go back to plebbit you stupid motherfucker, no one cares about your life.

Do something meaningful if you do.

I quit my job in April and pretty much just shit posted and played Vidya ever since. It becomes boring and miserable after a couple months.

If anything I'd suggest just having some shitty part time job and using your savings and investments to make up for what you don't make. That's my real American dream.

No, that's called retirement, not unemployment.

Ill just tell you that I personally always hated trustfund people (you know what I mean, not necessarily an actual trust) until I became one.

Fuck it bro, be you and do what you want.

but I use roads and stuff and don't pay any taxes

This. You have programming skills user. Put them to use on projects which interest you. Choosing between boring shit and unemployment is a false choice for people with skills. Only wageslaves have to make that choice.

From a finance perspective that's not a good idea.
I've been tempted to do the same thing but I'd just be a broke bum at the end of 3 years. With welfare I could extend it slightly.

Explain. What's wrong with taking a year off?