Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
djt.neocities.org/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

immi-moj.go.jp/newimmiact_3/en/evaluate/index.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ぞい

nth for artificially inflating your retention and pushing away words that need help

Is there any audiobook version of tae kim with no pronunciation errors? I wanna try and not cement any I might be making

just watch anime

fuck dykes op

できない

i'm serious senpai

Man those games were great

Maybe once I'm good enough I can replay them in glorious nippongo

The way people talk in anime, western cartoons, and live action shows, is not how people talk in real life. You'll get a terrible inflection. Imagine if someone in Japan watched the original star trek to learn english and ended up sounding like Kirk.

that would actually be sick

your textbook inflection is worse than any professional voice acting would be

you would prefer to sound like a voice actor than a textbook pronunciation guide, for japanese

Sometimes it is

i think you come off less like a weirdo if you awkwardly talk like a genki book versus talking like goku but thats just me personally

good think you won't be talking like goku but instead like the most generic and diluted possible main-city being

I had several of the kana pronunciations wrong for a few months before I started seriously studying (い as eye) , and it fixed itself pretty much the moment I started Core.

I agree that it's better to just listen to how people speak naturally, but I think you're exaggerating a lot about this whole thing.

Nobody is going to listen to a character like Goku and try to imitate how he talks. It should be obvious when a person uses strange anime Japanese. If anything, you should be arguing that the vocabulary used in anime is very limited because it almost always talks about the same subjects: fighting, love, drama, and fantasy.

It would be hilarious yes, but probably not awesome for the poor Japanese guy.

Really dude? You'd rather sound Captain Kirk than someone reading a book while bored?

In the minority of cases, and someone asking this question lacks the experience to differentiate normal sounding acting from ANIME acting, except for the extreme ends.

This guy gets it

I'd rather sound generic than like goku, desu.

That's why you watch SoL

no ones arguing i think but also +1 on your point

No one will imitate the timbre, and tone, but they might imitate the cadence, inflections, and pacing.

There are many subtleties to pronunciation. Shakespearean plays have many lines that are almost perfectly modern, but in a play I bet no one says them the way a normal person would.

This is fine if you already know at a deep level what "normal" sounds like, but if you don't, it can seriously skew how you sound.

>I'd rather sound generic than like goku, desu.
yes, that's what you get from watching anime

you sound not "generic" but "like someone that doesn't know the language" if all you listen to is textbook audio

Tons of Europeans learn English from TV and games and this never actually happens because we're humans rather than parrots.

youtu.be/hIbPgEyOGs4#t=97

thats me by the way irl

that person literally doesn't even speak their native language naturallye`

お疲れ様です

>Mfw it's time to do anki

Do it first thing in the morning before the dread can set in

At first I looked forward to my daily Anki sessions but now I dread them. Just a mindless grind. But if I take even one day off the reviews will pile up and I will fall into despair and never be able to crawl back into form.

できる!

>being an Anki slave

Just read and listen

>Imagine if someone in Japan watched the original star trek to learn english and ended up sounding like Kirk.
I would make it a point to befriend that person.

I do but my memories shit so I don't have a choice

Should I start reading immediately after finishing TK? Even if I only know 200 words or so?

I've learned more vocabulary from the few months I've done Anki than in several years of reading and looking up words on my own. I have far better retention now and reading is much easier. If I wasn't getting results from Anki I would have quit it long ago.

Today I did Anki for 43 minutes and then I read a visual novel for 2 hours and 41 minutes.

How else are you going to learn words?

This is the best way I've found. I am much more focused and motivated if I do Anki soon after getting up, usually while drinking my morning coffee. If I wait and do it in the afternoon it's like pulling teeth.

By being one of those people that does an entire core deck without reading a grammar guide or native material once

Yes they actually exist

By speaking with a native speaker.

If you guys want to watch something, I recommend this Golden Globe class TV show
>pic related
Available at Nyaa

>Never getting anything at exactly 10PM

As long as you have finished TK, reading is what you should be doing to retain what you've learned during TK. However, focus your efforts primarily on material that's easy to use digital dictionaries with. This does not preclude manga if the manga somehow has a digital script, but manga that don't have a digital script will be much harder to use at such a low vocabulary level.

Alright, thanks senpai.

i bet she talks like a fat goku 爆笑

Where were you in the last thread cunt

心配しちゃったよ

So I should start with something like Yotsuba?

yotsuba more like yestuba

Is there a digital script available for yotsuba?

That sounds like hell.

Maybe.

Some people are just in it for the grind

Why the fuck would anyone want to live in Tokyo?
That's like wanting to live in New York City.

There's a beginner's pack with a glossary of words and their meaning

That's better than nothing but it's still almost nothing compared to a digital script.

ぞい君はやっとかわいいになりました。

I cannot retain anything in TK. How do I hold all this info

tell me more

Normies, user

Thjey need the constant flashy flashy and social interaction because that's what their entire existence is based around

>Implying there aren't ultra weebs and shutins that want to go to tokyo

Name some good beginner material with digiscripts, user.

She talks in English.
But apart from the obligatory gaijin in Akihabara part, it is a pretty comfy show with some history of the district, PC otaku/overclockers, actual 電気街, dolls, etc.

Dies Irae
is that even a serious question because there's a lot of good simple media outside of manga

Failed normies

Visiting is different to living anyway

>No true scotsman

I do one post per day, not per thread

僕のせいでじゃない、スレーは超早いだよ!

It's 100% serious. I'm very pleb.

just read some nukige or something
that way you can learn japanese and masturbate at the same time

Failed Normies =/= No True Normie

If you're going to regurgitate pleb tier fallacies, at least do it right

Sounds good. How do I into digiscripts?

Tokyo is much cleaner and much less obnoxious than New York City.

After living in Shuzoka and Ibaraki, I would never want to go back there now that I'm finally living in Tokyo. It's so much fun here.

>I hate talking to people

Use a texthooker
I think the link for it is in the OP

>I like talking to Nips

Weeew lad

>でじゃ
>スレー
>早いだ

>Shizuoka
>Ibaraki
Why?

Ok
No idea what qualifies as "beginner material" to you, but here are three other things that are frequently recommended here to people who haven't read before: Kino no Tabi, Hanahira, and Axanael. This is very much a "pick your poison" set of choices though.

In terms of what is beginner, I pretty much just finished my first read of TK, and will probably refer to it extremely frequently.

Can you explain why each is a pick your poison kinda thing?

Kino no Tabi is "descriptions: the pseudo-graded-reader"
Hanahira is yuri moe diabetes
Axanael is akiba meme culture central

We're all going to make it.

みなさん べんきようする everyday !

I fucking love Kirk tho.

Hm. I guess I'll go with Hanahira, as I don't know any Akiba memes.

That's where my shitty eikaiwa gateway jobs had me go.

Kino no Tabi is a gift from the heavens

>manga
If it's something with furigana it shouldn't be too hard. Just type it in to rikai and find the matching kanji among the suggestions.

That makes things less difficult, but it's not enough for actual absolute beginners.

The glossary is ordered page by page. It's basically equivalent to a digital script

immi-moj.go.jp/newimmiact_3/en/evaluate/index.html
How many points to do get with your current situation?
I got 60, 70 is the requirement
I could go to 75 if I pass the N1, N2 is worth shit unfortunately

This is important if you want you want to move to Japan (don't deny it faggot)

Wait, on the 2k deck, am I supposed to simply guess what the symbol means, or remember how it's pronounced? Or am I attempting to memorize 3 things at the same time?

>3 things
???

meaning and reading

>This is important if you want you want to move to Japan (don't deny it faggot)

>Contaminating Japan with your disgusting whiteness

No thanks

You remember the meaning and reading

What if you become too skilled?

That's what I did. Jisho.org instead of rikai, though. It works fine. It's way easier than trying to play a VN. The difference in difficulty between a VN and a shounen manga is huge.

I don't have a BA so it's impossible for me to work in Japan.

>implying you can get a job as anything but a english teacher
lol

Same.

Not that I'd even want to go work/live there.

I don't even work in my country, why would I move to work in Japan?