youtube.com/watch?v=GXOj2cSG8FA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nice shit taste

He's brain damaged cut him some slack.

Sauce? Searching fails.

Keijo!!!!!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=GXOj2cSG8FA

AOTYAY

Okay then guess I'm waiting for the anime first for maximum first impression.

So which girl is Ippo? one?

There isn't really an Ippo equivalent.
That's the MC though.

At least Gilgurlmesh is here.

>Not Gurlgamesh

pls

this really is anime of the season and I have only seen two pictures

lol dain bramage

>Ippo learning knot theory

So what knocked him down last time? Did the guy just do an ez Sawamura counter?

Brain damage.

Alfredo Gonzales was styling all over him and exposing him as a shallow as fuck boxer, then he went full retard and started to take him head on, still beat him wich is excellent.

I meant in a recent chapter, he gets knocked down (or falls over, which could be more likely) by the world ranked 10 junior featherweight.

We're not dicking around.

The whole thing with Alfredo was interesting, because it allowed the author to show how simplistic the Dempsey Roll is on a world level, first-hand, without having all these secondary characters having to pain-painstakingly explain it to the reader.

To a guy like Alfredo, who grew up fighting people with knifes, bats and guns, along with fighting that monster Ricardo Martinez, something like the Dempsey Roll, which has a ridiculous build up and telegraphed as fuck pattern is literally a guy throwing criss-cross hay-makers to him and nothing more. It harkens back to the Ippo's spar with Ricardo with how laughable using such a technique on him.

As an aside, I love how the author of this series narrative is always show and not tell, which is something that's gravely missing from a lot of these newer series.

Seriously, if the series doesn't end with Ippo just fucking stopping...

He gives up, he doesn't win, boxing fucked him up too much and now he doesn't even have a life ahead of him.

Where the fuck else can it go? As soon as Ippo takes a step in one direction he fucking takes a flying leap the opposite way.

Just fucking go all out. Just go "I've been writing this shit for 30 fucking years, what the hell have you all been waiting to see? Guess what, boxing is a fucking terrible career choice."

So how will the series continue now that Ippo has symptoms of brain damage?
I can't see the series going for much longer.

>So how will the series continue now that Ippo has symptoms of brain damage?

The same way it did when Date ended Ippo winning streak. The same way it ended when Ricardo ended Date. The same way it'll end after Alfredo/Ricardo end Sendo.

It won't.

Hajime no Ippo is an excellent series because the author can have the series focus on other characters and use Ippo as support.

Even if this would-be brain damage (which could easily be nerve damage in his hand that's making it hard for him to draw a straight line) sidelines him for a while, Ippo can still be the positive cheerleader for his gym-mates he's always been.

EIther

A) Excuse to end the series
B) Red herring and his brain is swallowing placebos under the pressure of what Takamura is telling him

>decide to risk his life to get to the top
>finally have the resolve to cross the "line" Takamura set for him
>go after each opponent as if it was his last
>become world champion
>choose one of the following
>a) permanent brain/sight damage
>b) dead

>Ippo tries to imagine a straight line

Considering Morikawa has been teasing Taka's retina detachment, Miyata's shitty weight-control and Aokimura's retirement and other such fables; I'd like to believe it's going to be a typical red-herring and Ippo is literally psyching himself out with worry.

Somebody translated spoilers for the next chapter in another thread, but...

>Ippo/Itagaki blames the down on his headgear
>Ippo tries to write in a straight line and can't
>confesses that he has memory issues, dizziness, vision problems, etc...all symptoms of being punch drunk
>Coach/Takamura realizes what is happening to the kid, but Ippo doesn't want to believe it

>CTE doesn't exist
>Ippo turns into the Japanese version of the Concussion film
>ends with Ippo flipping out and trying to kill someone in an irrational fit of rage

Oh. I've read the spoilers already. I honestly don't believe he's punch drunk until he gets a check-up and there's a confirmation.

Considering how much of a workaholic Ippo is and how feverish he gets over worrying about others, it's completely possible that Ippo current symptoms is due to him overworking and expecting the worse. Even the shit with him being unable to draw a straight line can be explained, which is what Morikawa is likely doing with this current subplot, since Ippo needs to have a legitimate reason to cross over the line into being a monster, like Mashiba, Sendo, Vorg and Takamura have all already done.

In Ippo's case it's going to be fear of him becoming damaged.

However, I've been reading this series long enough to realize that Morikawa is the type of author who loves the 'cry wolf' narrative more than anything.

At some point, Takamura will go blind and be so broken down he'll barely finish heavyweight.

At some point, Aokimura will end up being forced to retire due to their ages/records/built up damage.

At some point, Miyata's weight-management issues will catch up to him and be the chief reason he'll be forced to retire after winning/losing the world title match/unification match with Ippo.

And lastly, Ippo will end up with some form of permanent damage from a career of ruthlessly blocking punches with his face, which will end up him being ruined just like Nekota, only replacing using his pet as therapy, with Ippo's family business.

>Even the shit with him being unable to draw a straight line can be explained
What will that be, in this case? The other crap - like shaking and memory - can be explained away as psychosomatic, but I find it much harder to believe that the line thing would be the same.

Didn't Ippo hear directly from Nekota about the dangers of getting punch-drunk during the build of Lollapalooza? Him not being able to draw a straight line can be the result of a mental breakdown from stress.

I could have sworn the doctor cleared him of any lasting damage after the last squiggly line?

>I could have sworn the doctor cleared him of any lasting damage after the last squiggly line?
Probably did, but this is the 90s and in Japan, so medicine still kinda sucks
fuck knows how she even tested for it

We get the sequel: Hajime no Ni-ppon.

>Probably did, but this is the 90s and in Japan, so medicine still kinda sucks
>fuck knows how she even tested for it

I just checked. Ippo just glosses over the whole thing and we aren't shown the scene where he goes to the doctor. I doubt Morikawa is going for a cheap swerve of Ippo lying about seeing a doctor, so it's likely something else.

Given it's suppose to be 1997-ish in Ippo's timeline, I wonder if getting an MRI was part of the normal medical work up.

Looking back at that chapter, Ippo doesn't start writing squiggly lines, until he goes to help Umezawa with his manga and this was directly AFTER Kumi confronts him about quitting boxing and before he made her the promise to quit after losing.

Seeing as Takamura just brought the issue of Ippo not crossing the proverbial line to challenge the world and Ippo stressing out over being damaged, it's fair to assume Ippo not being able to draw a straight line is how he expresses his inability to handle direct stress, so I might not be revealed to be dementia pugilistica just yet.

He will be able to draw a straight line and also cross that line at the river bank once Takamura gets slaughtered, because Ippo would be the only one left to make Kamogawa happy. It would no longer be about himself which is how he has boxed most of the time despite claiming he's grateful to the coach. He will finally box like Takamura does where it's all for the old man.

Ippo was always stupid

came here to post this

Or Ippo could suffer the damage now and we can laugh at how shitty his style actually is.

>It would no longer be about himself which is how he has boxed most of the time
That's the exact opposite of what he's claimed. He said at some relatively recent point that his previous goals only existed because of other people.

>>We Concussion now
There be consequences from this.

I'm happy if Morikawa wants to do a bait-and-switch and reveal it's all just nocebo from Ippo's anxiety, but once this plot gets resolved, Ippo and Kamogawa better have some major overhaul to the way Ippo fights

>The whole thing with Alfredo was interesting, because it allowed the author to show how simplistic the Dempsey Roll is on a world level, first-hand, without having all these secondary characters having to pain-painstakingly explain it to the reader.
Sawamura already did that.

Like he said, its just swaying and hooks. And this new form doesn't even make it clear how it's supposed to fool Ricardo any when the dude can see everything clearly without even needing to retreat.

>We hate popular manga guise xD

How did do? Do I fit in yet?

Thinking that the new Dempsey is retarded is different than thinking HnI is retarded.

Consider this:
>Takamura loses
>Coach dies
>Ippo blames Takamura
The spark is ignited

Takamura for the final boss

4th dimensional dempsey roll?

Well, the new form gives him more options in close range and allows him to close the distance if his opponent was to step back. Might be enough against some world ranked guys and maybe Gonzalez if he fights like a retard, but not against Martinez.

Really, there is no power up that would make Ippo a credible challenger against a healthy Martinez. If Sendo or someone breaks him or he just gets old, then Ippo could be a credible challenger.

Ippo's gonna have to just 'become a monster' and get more yamato damashii. I wish I was being facetious, but I do truly see that being what happens with Ippo's future training/match against Martinez.