How come americans become bankrupt by going to the hospital in usa

how come americans become bankrupt by going to the hospital in usa

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=fFoXyFmmGBQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Very good question my friend. I have no answer.

the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries engage in ritualized criminal price fixing. it doesn't cost nearly as much elsewhere, which is why people travel to get healthcare frequently. our corrupt government's only solution is for the taxpayer to subsidize their outrageous theft.

Regardless of the insurance question, why is healthcare so fucking expensive in the first place? I broke my wrist recently. Doctors and personnel spent a grand total of 40 minutes on it and the material cost of the cask is like 20 dollars. Without insurance or would have cost me over €6000. Doesn't add up desu.

>why is healthcare so fucking expensive in the first place?
Malpractice insurance

For a while nearly everyone had insurance, and this let care prices go way up because the consumer never had to directly pay for it. And it only gets more complicated from there.

Doctors need to be highly trained in order to cover their ass from lawsuits, and hospitals need massive liability insurance to cover their ass from lawsuits.

I get that doctors go to 12 years of school so their hourly rates are high but even including venue and equipment costs (which are shared among all patients) it's still retardedly expensive.

It pisses me off because like half my tax money is spent on it while we brag about our "affordable" health insurance and low deductibles

We have good hospitals here but it's gonna cost ya, just like everything else in life!

Murrica still thinks healthcare is some commie idea that kills the whole fabric of society. That combined with the fact they elected Trump and still don't have gun control should tell you that America is fucking stupid.

I had a full artheroscopic knee surgery after a soccer injury and it cost me $3,500. All white American doctors too.

I'd also like to see a breakdown of my doctor's bill.

Tell me why I should pay my hard-earned money to pay the healthcare costs of millions of worthless niggers who hate me?

because theres a giant scam being run by the hospitals, insurance companies and government to crush any form of market so healthcare runs as a monopoly so hospitals can charge retarded amounts which is good for insurance companies which is good for the government because they can just keep increasing taxes

Because other schmucks are doing the same for you. Even if you're the healthiest mother fucker who will never get sick or injured it's still worth it for the betterment of the world.

because they pay for you when you are sick too. It's called being a decent fucking human being.

Hey guys, why is healthcare so expensive? Like what actually caused it to be so expensive? It wasn't always like this...

>Le Commie Retard has arrived!

LET'S JUST IGNORE THE REASONS FOR THE ASTRONOMICALLY HIGH COSTS AND LET'S PUT A HUGE TAX ON EVERYONE AND MAKE IT FUH-REE FOR EVERYONE INCLUDING """REFUGEES""" AND ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS AND ANYONE AND EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T PAY INTO THE SYSTEM LMAO COMMUNISM FTW

You're fucking dumb and should feel bad about yourself.

not really. they are leeches.

You DO know first aid is already covered for illegals, homeless etc?

And it's only expensive for murricans, hell, your healthcare costs are higher than in my European country and we have universal healthcare. Explain that shit.

The whole point of the bitching about Obongocare was that millions of worthless niggers dont pay.

of all factors contributing to the cost, (((litigation))) or ({[arbitration]}) or whatever is probably the most in need of reform

>Because other schmucks are doing the same for you
>because they pay for you when you are sick too

Except for when they're not. Oops!

Here's an idea - if you want to donate your money to charity to pay for healthcare for ungrateful shitskins who hate you, you go ahead and do that. But don't demand that your idea of what's "good for humanity" be written into law.

Also go fuck yourselves.

So close the loopholes, that's the whole point. It only works if you have everyone participating. Stop grouping sick people together and then make them pay 10k a year to be insured. That's retarded.

>Also go fuck yourselves.
spoken like a true moron.

(((Betterment of the world)))

It’s expensive because of capitalism. No really, it is. As much as I like capitalism, one of the trade offs is more expensive healthcare.

We currently have people that were injured in a mass shooting having to set up gofundme sites to cover their medical bills. This is as American as you can get.

other capitalist nations have universal healthcare and it's even cheaper than your broken ass system. So your doing something wrong that's more fundamental than just capitalism.

Because they're retarded and didn't buy health insurance.

They thought they were immortals immune to disease.

Darwin did nothing wrong.

Here's a radical idea:

We should examine the healthcare system and figure out what has caused costs to be so astronomical. Why can they charge you $80 for an aspirin? Would you pay $80 for an aspirin on the free market?

Of course we can never do this analysis because we obviously know (((who))) is causing it.

Instead of forcing everyone into a system where "I pay for you and you pay for me", how about we all just pay for the amount of the thing that we use? Kind of like literally everything else in the world that we buy and use? Imagine if food (food is a human right!!!) was free? Imagine the waste? People would take thousands of dollars of groceries from the store that they don't even want or need because it's free. People who actually pay into the system would be paying way more than they actually take from the system.

But instead, somehow, magically, something as vital as food is cheaper and more readily available than it's ever been in history. How can this be possible in something as evil as the free market?

Why are Republicans so apathetic?

>bankrupt by going to the hospital in usa
most americans use insurance through work, or dont pay. It is not mandatory to pay the hospital bill. USA is 100% socialized healthcare.

>But user, what about people who can't afford the healthcare even after we get rid of the (((something))) that is causing it to be so expensive?

Then those people appeal to charities. They ask family and friends for help in their time of need.

But you know what they don't do?

They don't demand that the government go to people and take money from them at gunpoint to pay for their healthcare, and then hide behind this veil of "oh it's good for society". Fuck off.

>Then those people appeal to charities
no, they just don't pay. I was the son of a welfare queen with 6 sons, we always got fixed up and never paid. Mom just threw the bill away.

no free lunches in life

it's not for society, it's also for yourself. You want to be covered when you are sick too.

>figure out what has caused costs to be so astronomical.

jews.

It's just distrust of letting the government run anything. They do everything slow, sloppy, and at the highest possible cost.

keep believing that. allow the media to divide the population, keeping them from uniting. goverments divide and conquer strategies on point.
>why should i pay for million people who hate me
first of all you dont even know that many people. neither do million ppl know you.
doesnt it make sense to help those in need by providing a big pool of money they can pay their medical expenses from? you prevent everyone (not only black but also white people, see recent shootings) from getting burried in medical bills. but murica is a lost cause, if you actually have to explain how its a good thing to support your community and not play in your (((govs))) game. hate never creates anything besides hate. your right of "armed milita" aint gonna help shit, if you guys kill yourself one way or the other.
> inb4 ad hominem incoming

And that's why it doesn't work. You have to make it mandatory for everyone but you Murricans then lose your shit and go: MUH BIG GOVERNMENT TELLING ME WHAT TO DO THIS IS COMMUNISM WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE

because its a system thats bassed on the local comunity (friends/neighbours/church ect) coming together in a time of need, unfortunatly that practice is practicly gone in the larger cities and has been replaced by wellfare,

if you decide to have healthcare you have to pay the same fee's everybody else pays too. if not, they will come after you. the more often you get sick the more they will increase your fees eventually. dont worry, capitalism knows how to take care of this

Be sure to work extra hard and put in those extra hours at work Hans, the "refugees" flooding your country are counting on you to pay for their healthcare.

And don't be racist, they're part of your German community now. Do you hate your community?

Capitalism puts profit above the well being of the individual, most often. You can see how that’s antithetical to the healthcare system? Capitalism’s priority of profit is the most fundamental issue.

Our healthcare is cheaper because everyone's forced to buy into it. It's got jack shit to do with capitalism.

Free healthcare is shit healthcare.

Been mentally ill for more then 10years without a proper diagnosis.
I also have a growing lump on my ribcage that has been untreated to this day....

I rather throw my money at them then die retarded with cancer.

>forced

This is the problem. We feel we cannot be forced. It's a fundamental principle of being American.

Because insurance plans are heavily regulated and you can't just buy a simple insurance that suits you.
Because insurance companies are heavily taxed so they increase prices.
Because of lack of competition in insurance market caused by bureaucrats.

Basically, because of communism.

>how come americans become bankrupt by going to the hospital in usa

Nobody studies the lymphatic system.

That was exactly my point since other capitalist countries have healthcare that DOES work.

European healthcare companies make profit. A shitload of profit even. So that's not an issue either.

you do understand that principle is fucking retarded right? So you have the freedom to not pay for something but not the freedom to fucking survive cancer without begging strangers for money on gofundme?

I've been middle class since birth and have visited the hospital over 50 times. Scarlet fever+infantile colic. 200 bumble bee stings. Falling out of a cupola. Ramping off a dirt mound into a tree. I have no idea what you're talking about and I become confused when people talk like you.

I dont have to beg anyone for shit. I have a good job with health insurance.

>Capitalism puts profit above the well being of the individual

But you know who does care about individual well being? The individual.

The company that best helps the individual fulfill his interests is the one that will make the most money.

hooktube.com/watch?v=fFoXyFmmGBQ

>It doesn't affect me, therefor it's not a problem

THAT is the real American fundamental believe.

Because it's ran by Jews duh don't you know there is a doctor in every Jewish family

they have fucked up priorities
they rather spend money "traveling" and "living life" yolo style
then prioritizing getting medical insurance.
all because people like bernie says its a right to be insured.. fucking morons

>americans become bankrupt by going to the hospital

Citation needed.

Also, why do you care if you're not an American?

Get this, some people care about the wellbeing of others, even in other countries. I know, an absurd concept to you self-centered fucksticks.

>How wage cucks think business is done

>How a business owner thinks

Because 2/3 of the country don’t pay their bills. So they have to overcharge those of us who will pay.

My wife needs a medication that costs 19k per year. The drug company gives it away for free to anyone making less than 80 or 90k per year. We make too much, so it’s 1,800 per month.

This is on top of >10k monthly insurance, and a 10k out of pocket that we max out every year.

So our annual medical costs are 40k, but it would all be free if we just quit our jobs and became deadbeats.

nobody dislikes the refugees more than those who deal with them. nobody works extra to pay for them, as the pool is actually large enough to manage that. i'm not a fan of them, but i dont hate them. they will become part of our community, because of the following:
right wing is on the rise and will eventually gain power. as a refugee you have 2 options: get in a good stance with them or you are out. the same happend when alot of turks came to germany, and now you have turkish guys 2nd gen called waldemar, and all of them color their hair blond to fit in. of course there are exceptions. of course you can continue to eat the shit media feeds you. it worked once, and it will work again. of course if you dont want it to work and go full autism, nothings gonna happen

I never said it's not a problem. People that get the healthcare but don't pay for it drives my insurance premiums up. I still have to pay part of the premium every month. I used to get the best plan and never paid into it. Over the years the coverage has gotten worse and I started having to pay part of it. It started at $20 a week and now it's up to $130 per week 10 yrs later. There's other reasons for this than just uninsured people. Profit, research cost, malpractice insurance, cost of college to become a doctor.

>while demand out pacing supply does have some concerns here, the situation is more like retail pricing where the strategy is 'what the market will bear' rather than actual supply/demand economics.
>medicare pays for outrageously overpriced procedures rather than first legally requiring doctors to follow less expensive options such as an over weight person who has knee paid getting a knee relaceemnt rather than making them lose the weight causing the pain
>also fun to note medical care has an inelastic demand curve since its an essential service and large companies providing care know this.
>furthermore medical malpractice insurance also has an inelastic demand curve.
>medical care is extremely inefficient
>medical providers are consolidating and falling under large umbrella companies like Dignity healthcare where more focus is on the bottom line rather than patient outcomes.

>blow a fuckton of money in Las Vegas when you are 22 instead of saving, getting a stable job and forming yourself an adult life
>oh noes, I got hurt, why isn't the government giving me free money!?
Nihilistic dunces shouldn't get a dime from tax money. If anything most problems like single motherhood comes from the government putting a bounty on being a nihilistic dunce. Last thing you would want is for the entire USA to be just like Great Britain with 20yos beating themselves up for no reason and blowing tax money on hospitals while they don't even give a shit about educating themselves and having a stable household, while their country gets invaded by muslims and niggers.

>a
You are an American you low-level stupid shilling slut.
Everyone here sees through your shit, you know that, right?
Please keep being you, tho.

Why would I be an American? And why does it even matter?

Yea it is pretty retarded. We do the same thing with higher education.

If the cost of getting medical aid werent so high then maybe people could afford them.

Doctors live in mansions while teachers live in APTs.

The cost of medical aid would be cheaper for everyone if liberal arts majors and minorities paid their fucking bills.

Because Americans pay for your medical research and drug research, you fee-loading nordic faggot.
Your day is rapidly coming to a close. We will allow the Russians to cleanse your lands, if the muslims don't do it first.

After 12 posts with your id and memeflag, it shows you're a liar.
Everyone knows that, and it means your political dialog is shit.
I can even point it out to you, and you'll still keep it up.
That's how mentally ill you are.

Teachers are glorified babysitters.

The medical economy is a weird morasse of regulations, legacy structures, and best practices that are still unavoidably hazardous. It's not the most well-structured market right now, and that shows in the outcomes.

Can't tell if super goyim or super jew...

sounds like they should have had insurance

Possibly. The amount of red tape involved in pharmaceuticals and all forms of medical technology also makes them insanely expensive for medical professionals to purchase themselves and they can't simply eat those costs.

That’s the ideal circumstance, but that only happens if capitulating to the consumer is profitable; typically that’s the case when consumers have the ability to chose where they spend their money. But in the case with healthcare, it’s not like any other market, it’s not equivalent to retail or foodservice. Healthcare and insurance are credence goods.

But that’s beside the point. Profitability is always number 1, your happiness is only relevant as a means to obtain it. It’s fine to embrace capitalism, just don’t mask the shortcomings of it with your feels.

Here's the problem, when you have a medical issue there is no wait to fix it. Imagine you just were in a car accident and had a broken bone or two. Are you just not going to see the doctor because the price is astronomical?

It's much easier to become a teacher than to become a doctor. Not just anyone can do it. The harder it is to find someone to do the job, the higher the pay.

Also, people already bitch incessently about how much teachers get paid. They're public servents paid by tax money. If they want better pay, we need to see better results.

Teacher’s make up a lot of ground with their ridiculous retirements.

Ask someone who's had three keyhole lung surgeries in one of the worlds top cardiothoracic hospitals for free anything. I have nothing to complain about the free healthcare in Australia. Usually the people who complain are the people with 'muh knee pain' or 'muh mystery illness'

Because we go bankrupt being the worlds' army, while half our population doesn't contribute and are even paid to exist.
Take those two away and this would be a wealthy nation.

When Obama was president Michelle started her campaign to get kids to eat healthier and to get more exercise. This was part of trying to reduce healthcare costs. So much of the cost comes from people who ate like shit their whole lives and didnt exercise. Now we have a bunch of fat lazy boomers with diabeetus and heart conditions. Then when Obama care came along my insurance company stared charging extra if everyone in my family didnt get an annual wellness physical and bloodwork done. This was to push preventitive maintenance to help reduce costs further into the future.

This.

My wife fucking hated it and refused to get the bloodwork and it added 15% of the total cost to my monthly premiums.

cause everyone needs his share!
Don't be greedy, to give is better than to take, remember the 6 million

>while teachers live in APTs
Stop glorifying our teachers. They have been complacent in shitting out generations of barely functioning adults with the attention span of a goldfish.

Because doctors are jews. Stay away from doctors and keep a sane life.

74% of American men are overweight or obese. For women it’s the high 60s. God, boomers can’t die quick enough.

Yeah mate, pretty much this. I'm not sending my kids to school unless they want to go.

Fucking terrible waste of time, the chicks were nice though.

>Get this, some people care about the wellbeing of others,

Yes, and those people give their time and effort to charity. If you truly gave a shit you'd be out doing something to actually help people.

Because they take you to the med bay of fucking star trek enterprise for a sprained ankle.

Because we live in a despicable hateful mpngrel shithole where we all hatd ezch other so much we don't want yo help each other wiyh socialized healthcare.

Forgot pic.

Jesus Christ.

what do you have to say now kankerlijer?

Sad but true. My parents are boomers and I love them to death, but my dad has cost a shit ton of money. Heart stints, artery replacements, cancer treatments. Was always overweight, never went to the doctor, smoked for most of his life. All paid by medicare. Just like most boomers.