Holy fuck the conclusion of this show sucked ass

Holy fuck the conclusion of this show sucked ass

Gurren Lagann, not so good

Aria, a show about nothing.

These threads have been going on about 8 years now.

You should have seen that coming at around 10 episodes or so.

If you have only been here for 8 years, you need to lurk the fuck more, you fucking newfag.

A little longer, I'm a 2007 faggot. First big wave of newfaggotry onto Sup Forums.

Fuck you, the conclusion was a masterpiece.
I'm really fucking tired of people not understanding the ending of Monster.

Huh? Naoki Urasawa himself said he's not good with endings.
Monster, Happy, 20th century boys and Billy bat are all testament to this very fact.

I've seen people argue that happy was good but that yakuza sideplot with the debt collector falling off the cliff and later getting married with the phillipino girl was ridiculous.

Monster is the only good ending he's made.
I mean, I can explain the ending to you if you didn't understand it.

Explain the sandwich scene first

Why was 20th Century Boys never adapted into an anime?

What was the sandwich scene again?

Oh that.
That was basically Tenma's hero's journey beginning. Same with the main character in 20CB playing his guitar before starting his journey to stop Friend (20CB is shit imo).

It's at this specific moment that Tenma is alone without anyone to rely on to find Johan. At first, he thought that he might find Johan through Nina, but once she gets out of his reach, he is alone. The Sandwich and thank you note by Nina reinforces the themes of empathy and love throughout the story. Nina could've simply ran away without a single word, which is what she did, but she still felt grateful to this complete stranger so she had to give him something in return, which is the sandwich. It's not much but it's all she could give.

Any other questions?

Right now, I'm actually making an analysis video on explaining the ending of Monster so that people will stop fucking complaining that the ending is shit. I'm at 4k words, 16 pages. Almost done with half the recording. Should be good.

Sounds cool user, be sure to make a thread about it when you're done

I dunno, the thread might get deleted because you can't advertise.

>The Sandwich and thank you note by Nina reinforces the themes of empathy and love throughout the story.

Why was that done literally every episode? I remember there being a lot of full eps about very minor characters that could have been removed without losing much of the plot or subtext

ITT: Overrated shit

Because hedonism defeats nihilism. And a meal tastes better when you're with people.

The only times I remember it being used is when Dieter Tenma and some mafia guy are eating at the table.
Or when near the end when Eva is alone and a child gives her a sandwich as she remembers their first plebeian picnic.

Do you have any other questions?

Or the anime is just really overstuffed and repetitive? Stop pulling shit out of your ass.

>reincorperation isn't a thing
Do you have any other questions other than a fucking sandwich?

It's overrated shit after all.

Why is it pretending to be so realistic if Johan can survive 2 headshots?

Statistically, you have about a 10% chance of surviving a gunshot wound to the head. Johan is simply chosen by fate.
Also, it's never meant to be taken as realistic but more akin to something of a miracle. It enhances Tenma's skill as a doctor and Johan's insane luck for the bullet not hitting any vital areas.

Grimmer is the waifu

what's your channel please i wanna subscribe.i don't wanna miss the analysis since i'm one of the people who considers Monster's end to be one of the greatest ever

Darker than Black? More like Browner than SHIT

Explain the ending to me. Its been quite a while since Ive seen it.

Johan was seeking redemption and he got it from Tenma.
He's no longer a killer psychopath

bum

Nah, It's Pluto

>Naoki Urasawa himself said he's not good with endings.
Thats an understatement.
He fucking sucks at them.

Johan is playing a rooftop game with the rest of the world. Once he remembers his past, he decides to accomplish his one goal in life and kill himself.

So was Johan waking up real or just a hallucination? I know the credits show an empty bed but not sure how much you can trust that. Also grimmers part of the story was better than the rest.

It's whichever you want it to be.
The bigger question is mostly the very last thing Johan tells about his mother making an impossible choice. If you can understand the overall theme of the show, what did Johan do in the entire timeline of the show and how this path changed to what it ended up being at the end, then you'll be able to understand if Johan existed or not.

this

Seriously, the biggest clue that everyone overlooks is the rooftop game.

I'll post something from my script or whatever.

In one scene, there is a boy in a hospital named Martin who is being treated for a broken leg (episode 33). Dieter has a talk with him as they walk outside the building. Martin talks about ‘*it*’ being right, (clip that after surviving, he will see the world in a beautiful way. It isn’t the world that changed but him.)

Martin proceeds to do horrible nihilistic and sadistic actions without any regards of his life and of others, such as crossing the road and hurting a homeless man. His reasoning for his actions simple: Life is boring. Everything is boring. Life is fun when there is nothing holding you back, not even the fear of dying.

The only way to make life more interesting is to play a game; the rooftop game. It makes life more fun. And if you survive, you become chosen by fate. It doesn’t matter if you fail, all that matters is that you survive and live.

--
After Dieter saves him, he says that Johan is playing a much better game. But the fundamentals are the same. Johan is playing a rooftop game with the rest of the world to see if he is chosen by fate.

I'm more intrigued of why you always use the same pic to do the same threads or ask the same questions over and over and over again. I don't really care but I admit I'm a little annoyed for this constant state of monotony. I dislike when people repeat themselves constantly. It's killing my mood, and I don't browse too much.
This is only a thought so don't reply back. sage and seriously, at least use a different pic for once gosh.

B-but I wanna talk about Monster!

If that triggers you, how are you even still here?

Only been here for 2 years,are you triggered senpai?