Is Halloween the celebration of the devil/Satan? Is this the slow decay of European Christianity and Western morality...

Is Halloween the celebration of the devil/Satan? Is this the slow decay of European Christianity and Western morality? How do we feel about it, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

theopenscroll.com/hosting/SatanicCalendar.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=VmGUKl-gkIE
youtube.com/watch?v=leK2WkAHLYk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You retard.

Halloween comes from numerous European traditions, mostly Druid and Celtic I think.

Its Hallows Eve, the time where Spirits apparently came and walked the earth.

it's just the day before All Saints' Day

fpbp

You're retarded mate

Halloween is more western than Christianity.

theopenscroll.com/hosting/SatanicCalendar.htm

They seem to consider it important

The only legend I've heard was that it was a way to scare off spirits to ensure the harvest goes well or some shit.

Samhain aka halloween is the ritual of preparation of winter. The day is just symbolism of accepting the death of old/known life and anoiting the passed in flame to spark life a new from the ashes for natures norishment. These rituals are what sees our paasage to the new year and spring.

Its pagan in whole, as a Celtic pagan we usually visit the bereaved with roots (veg) and bundles of hay (kindling) wrapped in a 'prayer' ribbon. The resting places of loved ones are visted and lanterns are left there.

It's all symbolism. Some pagan go and find their yule log (an actual log not a cake) around this time of year too.

TLDR: its a time of year of putting things to rest and preparing for winter
No satan/devil worshipping - thats a christian/Judaic/muslim thing.

I've heard that It's pagan ancestor worship you'd bring your ancestors bones out of the long barrow and display them as a sign that the land belonged to you via you ancestors. Or displaying the heads of you dead enemies, but pretty hard to tell what was going through their minds at the time. Co-opted by Christianity to be a day celebrating all minor saints.

youtube.com/watch?v=VmGUKl-gkIE

i've got good news for you friend

there is no devil/Satan
and Christianity is not Western, it's middle eastern in origin

wrong it was founded in the Roman Empire by Roman citizens

Good post

A Russian legislator wants to ban Halloween for this reason. Kinda frivolous but still interesting

halloween 3 is kino

Christmas is pagan just like your ancestors, your language made by pagans, your letters made by pagans, all children are born pagans, God is pagan.

This is a Pagan tradition. Is more european than (((christians))) tradition.

It's the Celtic new year and a day when the mortal and spirit worlds were closest and the spirits of the dead could walk the earth so people would wear masks and costumes to scare away evil spirits and have huge communal bonfires and play Halloween games and get drunk. In my village we used to have a huge bonfire at Halloween and people would stand around drinking and letting fireworks off.

Beware semites ronan man.

Fucking Costantino I

/thread
Just because people in their late teens, and in their early 20s in America decide to dress skimpily at halloween doesn't mean it's like that over in Europe.

pagan celebration of the fall harvest
do you even anime nigger?

Most all European 'pagans' celebrated the holiday. From celts to germs to slavs.

>European Christianity
Christianity is jewish, not european.

Wait, could you elaborate?
Halloween tends to be celebrated more by the catholics in Western Europe - Halloween is a thing over here, as well as in Russia, but it's not really a tradition.
I don't see why it deserves to be banned, though, it's fun.

Samhain is just spooky holiday. Libtards destroyed it by not dressing spooky.

youtube.com/watch?v=leK2WkAHLYk

Good posts

i just want some candy

Because greedy jewish priests want those money.

>Is this the slow decay of European Christianity
How is this a bad thing?

No. Danzig is a white knight battling the prince of darkness.

so this... is /nu-pol/...

Yesterday they let the mask slip.
Look at the archive link. to see who he/she was relying to.
Abosolutly btfo.

a few posts after that reply pic related happens

>EVRYTHING IS SATAN

Carved a satanic pumpkin with a satanic symbol for the celebration of Satan last night. While drinking beers

The Jesus freaks do nothing but turn people away from the right.

Europe was a superpower because of technical progress, and christianity suppressed progress because of muh dogmas.