Nuclear war

why does the media overplay nukes so much? i'm doing a paper on them for uni and the fucking bombs dropped on japan only have a 1.5 mile radius of destruction
that's tiny as fuck from what the media plays it up, people think that the A-bombs were 10 or 20 miles in radius

Other urls found in this thread:

nsarchive2.gwu.edu//nukevault/ebb285/index.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=Fz2HEwEy8rg
nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/
putlocker.sk/watch/the-coming-war-on-china.80q03/23ko0l
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1.) Modern nuclear weapons are many times more destructive than the bombs dropped on Japan

2.) They're so big that their biggest use is decimating civilian ctiies

3.) Thermonuclear war might not make humanity extinct, but large scale use of nuclear weapons would probably kick up so much dust and dirt into the atmosphere that it may have effects on global food production.

>Modern nuclear weapons are many times more destructive than the bombs dropped on Japan
yes but still not as large as the media would play it up to be. if you're talking about the largest we have stocked, and not the theoretical or tested and rejected for being too powerful, like tsar bomba

also the main purpose of all nukes it to attack population centers so #2 is a useless thing to say

thermonuclear war would be far from making humanity extinct, short of some massive chain reaction of animal extinctions somehow cause by it

Those were proof of concept prototypes. The Fat Man bomb had a yield of 21 kilotons (blast equivalent to 21 thousand tons of TNT).

A typical cold war era Russian nuke as around a 5 megaton warhead (blast yield equivalent to 5 million tons of TNT). They are a completely different ball game, and yes they do have a destruction radius in the tens of miles.

10s of miles. Well im fine then. Fucking city people are all dead allready so no loss.

That's 1 warhead. Russia has over 4000.

wefwefewaf

Bombs dropped on Japan: ~15kt-20kt

US W88 warheads: 475kt

Russian warheads: ~500kt-800kt

Shit's a lot bigger, user. Not to mention that, even a moderate exchange would likely bring our power grid down from all of the ground effect stuff. Imagine no refrigeration for your food and no heating/air conditioning.

Search Hydrogen bomb

>also the main purpose of all nukes it to attack population centers so #2 is a useless thing to say
Think again, user. A company called BDM interviewed several top Soviet generals after the USSR collapsed about the Soviet nuclear strategies. Those interviews have been declassified, and are online.

nsarchive2.gwu.edu//nukevault/ebb285/index.htm

>yes they do have a destruction radius in the tens of miles.
the fat man and little boy didn't though, unless you are referring to radiation which dissipates over time. My point is that those bombs are overplayed in terms of destruction when really it was a population center with terrible infrastructure

the warheads you are talking about get played up to be bigger than tsar bomba

Dude, thats like comaring WW2 to modern main battle tanks. Stuff gets more powerfull.

don't forget about the cloud of radiation that comes with it tho

Actually, most detonations would be air bursts, which leave very little immediate fallout. The fallout that everybody worries about comes from ground bursts or near ground bursts. Unfortunately for me, I live close-ish to a couple of hardened underground targets. Fortunately, I also live upwind on typical days.

>the fat man and little boy didn't though

I know. 21 thousand tons of TNT is still no joke though, it's just not to the apocalyptic scale of nukes developed since, and why they have their reputation. For reference, the blockbuster bomb used by the RAF in WW2 (so called because it busts city blocks), has about 1.4t of high explosive.

Don't forget that the concept of nuclear weapons is a lie perpetuated by Jewish physics. Hiroshima and Nagasaki were firebombed and the lie of nuclear weapons existing was created so that (((they))) could enforce their hedgemomy unopposed

nigga i'm talking about the A-bomb not the H-bomb
those are played up too but in a different way. the media would have you believe that the bombs dropped on japan were retardedly massive when they weren't. i'm not talking about the h-bomb or the tsar bomba or castle bravo. i'm talking about little boy and fat man

Not this faggot shit again. I've known several people who were on the AGTs. Not to mention that my grandfather was in the Tularosa basin in 1945 and got to watch the "sun" rise too early and in the west. They're fucking real.

Don't even fucking joke about that, you're going to attract /x/ nutjobs every single nuclear physicist is in on a giant conspiracy that every single country in the world has agreed to respect.

nukes are a hoax devised to keep the population in fear and vote for bigger government. it was so useful that the soviets went along with the hoax.

LOL, get a load of this goy.

Because you said
>why does the media overplay nukes so much?
And nukes includes fission devices, boosted fission devices, fission-fusion devices and fission-fusion-fission devices.

I bet you also have a coursin who lives in Newton and saw sandy hook with their own eyes.
Fuck off shill

You're a fucking moron. I bet you believe that Fukashima is going to be the end of the world, but cannot comprehend how such a process as nuclear fission could be used as an explosive weapon.

>3.) Thermonuclear war might not make humanity extinct, but large scale use of nuclear weapons would probably kick up so much dust and dirt into the atmosphere that it may have effects on global food production.
lol, citing that "global cooling ice age soon" Feynman idiot who took the chinese paper&wood cities as an example and extrapolated "nuclear winter". ahhah. no, there won't be any fucking food production problems because of dust. there were over 2000 nuclear surface tests from 1945 till around 1960 and we still don't live in eternal darkness.

nice job moving goalposts shill. talking about fake nuclear weapons not nuclear power
enjoy your shekels

have you seen one with your own eyes? because your grandpa is talking shit. nukes are not real. what he saw was probably a huge conventional explosion.

your picrelated looks like warsaw after being bombed by hitler. no proof that nukes are real.

>he didn't read my full post
i specifically talked about the A bombs

Well, in fact most of the modern Russian grownd based ICBMs carry five 3Mt warheads. Because carry more that 5 warheads on one ICBM is banned.
But in theory, P-36M, or Satan, how NATO call it, can carry up to 38 warheads.

New Sarmat ICBM, will be even larger and would carry up to 50 warheads, including maneuverable reentry vehicles, and hypersonic glide vehicles.

And how do you explain nuclear power ye buckskin' numpty

A modern thermonuclear strike on New York City would vaporize most of Manhattan, destroy buildings well beyond the suburbs, and kill people in the blast zone and fallout radius for dozens of miles.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fz2HEwEy8rg

not even castle bravo could do that user and there was only one of that

Two words Radioactive debris

Modern nukes aren't giant monolithic warheads like the Castle shots or the Tsar.
10 1MT bombs spread out over the city would annihilate it completely.

Literally vaporise, no. Completely decimate, yes.

A fun little website if you haven't seen it yet:

H bombs are just A bombs with extra steps

>tfw the US had to give up its Peacekeepers that carried 12 MIRVs with multiple decoys per MIRV while having a sub 100m CEP

it ain't right

Choose your yield and detonate anywhere and check out the results

Heh. Literally just linked that site.

>what is Tsar Bomba

>A typical cold war era Russian nuke as around a 5 megaton warhead

No. Such yields were meant for targets like Cheyenne Lake. Though in general, the Soviets used higher yields than the west to make up for worse accuracy.

A test device never intended for production. All of two cases were made for it, one for the test and the other for a museum.

this.
Nothings useful and everythings poisoning you, even still living humans that just have had been exposed. Hiroshima and Nagasaki happened in war deprived country, that had no expectation or explanation to dealing with crisis, people were coming in and out of the city, water was used to by both healthy and to treat those hurt by initial blast and fires that ensued afterwards.
Redpill on that is that any nation bombed nowaday would react just as confused and poorly at managing damage as 1945 Japan did.

didn't superman get rid of all nukes n superman 4?

>worse accuracy
Accuracy was fine besides the early time. Problem was actually making the damn bombs land, as, well, until we had rockets too our main mean of delivery was planes, of course, and if 5 out of 10 bombs will get shot down, you better make sure the 5 that land will hit hard.

>Accuracy was fine besides the early time.

Even the Bulava, put into service ~ 2011 has a similar CEP to what the Trident I had back in 1977.

Tsar bomba was only an 8mile sphere

>tfw when you are nuclear physicist chatting with comm party member about nuclear weapons and carelessly drop a hint that what americans have is pisswater to what you can already create, though theoretically
>''user, then in practicality, how big the boom boom can be?''
>''well, i dunno... see it's complicated, the thing with thermonuclear device isn't the same as bomb, we can build a half city sized tower of babylon and make poland a sahara v2. Dunno why though, that land is miserable as it is anyway. But for a bomb, I dunno, I would guess 100 MT is possible...''
>next day at party meeting it's decided that we are making 100 MT bomb to piss off americans, even though testing alone could render half of unions agriculture obsolete. Settle down for 50 MT as it's still makes yours bigger then americucks
>fuk this gay timeline

I'm dropping multiple 100mt all over the US right now.

There was going to be a 100MT version but it would release way more radiation.

it was detonated in the air, not on the ground.

If nukes can game over the planet, why don't one of the countries with them just build shelters and spam them to erase all opposition at once?

They could lock themselves up and wait for the cold and radiation outside to do the job. Get out some years later and enslave the cavemen. How hard is that?

It was even worse than that. Kurshcev demanded it be made into a bomb despite the scientists in charge wanting a larger device vaguely similar to the whole setup with the Ivy Mike sausage. They wanted this so they could get more useful data as they could put up instrument stations (ex: like the US they also would set up a long tunnel near the device that was filled with helium so they could take measurements of expansion, temperature, radiation, etc all neat stuff). But Kurshcev knew that JFK was a push over and wanted to demonstrate Soviet superiority, and you don't question the Boss. So they had to heavily modify a Bear to be able to simply carry the bomb in the first place. There was brief talk of actually making a production version, but it was laughed at because:

>There's almost no targets that are worth such a yield other than city busting and smaller munitions work better
>The modifications to a Bear so it could carry one made it very slow and rendered evasive maneuvers effectively impossible and the added mass lowered range considerably

Its a distraction. Nuclear war is not and has never been the endgame. Read the Georgia Guidestones and you will realize the elites planned population reduction is a systematic reset.

>Be not a cancer on the earth – Leave room for nature – Leave room for nature.

A nuclear winter is totally counterproductive to their goals. But the threat of nukes is a great cover for many reasons, one of which is the construction of vast underground cities and connecting tunnels.

Why do you think they are flooding the west with huge numbers of violent individuals? Its to ensure that when they've turned off the lights upstairs, any hope of a semi functional society will be non existent. Think walking dead without zombies. Theyll go underground while the rest of us eat each other. The US with all its armed citizens will be a sight to behold

For this plan to succeed they cannot have rogue states with nukes, everyone must be on board and so Iran and NK are the last pieces to fall. Just how they will do this remains to be seen

The first 30 minutes Pilger's - The Coming War on China is pretty interesting as well.
It explains how the US experimented on the people living in the Bikini islands. Turns out that Thyroid cancer is the biggest risk.

The survival rates for thyroid cancer are quite high. In younger patients less than 50 years of age, both papillary and follicular cancers have a more than 98% cure rate if treated appropriately.

putlocker.sk/watch/the-coming-war-on-china.80q03/23ko0l

Personally, I think nukes are obviously dangerous but I think the meme was over-hyped during the cold war. They definitely wouldn't wipe out the human race on earth.