WSJD - World Trigger

In which Yuuma is absolutely crazy.

By the way, Takuan and Batsu is ending. It's not been said, but trust me, that series is ending. I'll give it 2-3 chapters maybe. The final boss has touched down.

Shokugeki no Souma DDL for people who are still reading that: www19.zippyshare.com/v/KjMOiw9Q/file.html

WSJD

Boku no Hero Academia

I prefer the first translation I saw for Ikoma here which was basically "yeah, nah"

pft

Is Love Rush dropped?

Viz only does 3 chapters of new series unless "I don't know".

Really, I have no idea what makes them choose one series over another. Vote popularity? Assumptions? Favoritism? Not sure. They've picked up Hi Fi Cluster, Gakyu Hotei, Black Clover, and The Promised Neverland.

I wish they'd just pick up well-liked series. First 2 I listed were axed early. Black Clove is garbage. Promised Neverland may not actually survive.

pls nerf grasshopper.

this is great

>Promised Neverland may not actually survive.
Why? I think it's pretty good so far. Wasn't it also liked by Nips.

Also thanks for dump.

oh fuck off

Me too, it felt more in character and also it was funny

>Haha i've seen your moves you can't do anything
>..
>Yeah no, i'm out.

Being liked doesn't mean much. It doesn't feel much like a Jump manga. I'm waiting for the actual rankings. People hyped up Gakkyu Hotei, too.

NEW SERIES Red Sprite

Nerf Scorpion first.

I never noticed Ikoma dropping his sword in scans last week.

Yuma and Osamu are OP, pls nerf

Yuma OP pls nerf.

Post you're favorite page!

I bet Yuma has fought battles only using Bound to troll his opponents.

Takuan and Batsu's Daily Demon Diary

HEADSHOT!

Got i love the how he basically just does this to set up.

They pick up well liked series after they test run usually, except for Neverland and either Gakyu Hotei or Black Clover where they were picked up immediately before the Jump start run is over.

Stealth Symphony and Hi fi Cluster were both cancelled and never received volumes in English, Gakyuu Hotei was popular enough to get a volume release.

All the manga they don't pick up get axed quickly, Black Clover was a lucky pick that way.

>KS
OK, I'm going to feeding.

Hotei wrapped up everything nicely though.

That motion path though.

Why does he call him Kuga and not Yuma?
He calls Chika by her first name.

Gakkyu Hotei only lasted a little while. Volume or no, I'm pretty sure it ended around 20 chapters.

So basically, they picked mostly bad choices to run with and ignored things like Sesuji o Pin or Haikyuu or Samon the Summoner.

They were only successful with Black Clover and it sucks. I forgot about Stealth Symphony.

And as for "all the manga they don't pick up get axed quickly", nope:
>Sesuji o Pin still running
>Samon actually rather popular
>Kimetsu no Yaiba going strong
And Haikyuu, I don't know about that, but it's a mega popular series that they translate but don't simulpub

viz is pretty stupid

Nasu's skills are so pretty.

I don't really agree. It wrapped everything up but it only would've been nice had it lasted 100 chapters, not 20. The twist revolved around something that the author planned to do (regular cases based around a mystery character), but that didn't happen

>Why does he call him Kuga and not Yuma?
He's just formal.

>Sesuji o Pin still running
>waiting for more chapters

Kimetsu no Yaiba

It's by votes, people didn't want those series and now it's too late.

I don't think it's actually about votes all the time. Plus, they don't actually pick up many new series these days.

I think it's just projection/favoritism

Viz didn't run or translate any sports manga for years after the OG Prince of Tennis, after Haikyuu became more popular via streaming did they finally change their minds and start translating both it and Kuroko's Basket.

Neither Sesuji nor Samon is something the western readers were very interested in which is why Viz didn't pick either.

And yes, I meant on average, not literally every single manga.

Viz needs stuff to add now that Nisekoi and Bleach is over, they added Neverland and it would be best if they either add Haikyu or Red Sprite. They're not stupid, they were just playing smart.

So why not with Chika or Jin?

There's only a certain number of series they can keep before the 0.99 an issue just isn't profitable.

Excluding the stuff with irregular release dates like One Punch Man and Boruto, you have 3 monthly series and all the actual WSJ stuff. Soma and AssClass weren't picked up originally because of the subject matter, only for them to change their minds later. Sports manga were a no go for years and BHA was picked up by strong interest.

if they were smart they'd only bother fully going with any and all series that last long, not waste time on "maybes" that get canned early

Or at least that's how I see it. I don't know what weebs that buy from viz like. I buy from viz, but I'm obviously not the normal kind of reader.

Jin is his last name actually
Chika most probably to differentiate from her brother, same as Rindou and Kazama

Wow, I'm reading it since 2 years now and I never noticed that. Or maybe I did but I forgot.
What do you mean about Rindou and Kazama? They call Chika by her first name? But why would they know her brother?

How the fuck will they know that?
They only pick series at the same time that Japan is reading them for the first time, it's not like they pick up a series after it's been canceled.

Typical Viz readers like Shonen, sci fi and Obata Art.

Yuichi is his name.

Chika because of Rinji.

>How the fuck will they know that?
I think you misread me or something.

I mean only pick up what is lasting long. Pick something up if it survived for ~40 chapters. You can put out the volumes to close the initial gap. That's what they did with SnS and BnHA

Kazama had a brother so they don't call him Kazama.

Yotaro and Takumi are both Rindo so Yotaro gets called Yotaro(also because he's a little kid I guess).

I think he means that Rindou calls Kazama by his first name Souya, because Kazama's older brother Shin was Rindou's student. Meaning Rindou would have had need to differentiate the two Kazamas.

WSJ is pretty competitive, practically any new manga is always going to be a "maybe" at best. The only way Viz could pick a manga with certainty is to wait until it has several volumes already released in Japan, which means they'd never run a series from Chapter 1.

>tfw you thought you had predicted all of your opponents moves
>tfw you get killed by the one combo you spent all your efforts trying to prevent

I'm a sucker for parallels.

>How the fuck will they know that?

They have a landline directly to 3 years in the future that tells them what is popular and what not.

Gotcha, I wonder if the brother is tiny as well.

That's just not possible and goes against the point of the whole thing.

They published Soma late because of the nudity. And They picked up BHA's author previous title Barrage only for that to flop which is why they waited longer.

She's a bullet idiot at heart.

>That's just not possible
How is it not possible with a string of series that utterly failed and one -- ONE success (Black Clover) whereas the method I've suggested was actually worthwhile for two series (and that's not even mentioning series they only translate the volumes of)?

Meanwhile there are series that are still running to good reception in Japan, at least, but they continue to use the mostly failure-ridden "take a chance" approach. How is it "more risky" to go with something that has popularity somewhere over going with something that is unproven and may very likely fail? The Western readers don't change what runs in Jump, after all.

But again, I don't know what actually sells. For instance, they picked up World Trigger way back when simply because it was new, however I understand that series doesn't sell very good on Western shores.

They're taking their sweet time with the build up and the prep talk, so I'm not sure whether or not they can hang on to the audience long enough for them to finally make their big move.

The characters are constantly talking about "strategy" though, so I'm hoping the "fights" end up something like World Trigger minus the superpowers.

Sure, If you exclude every other series they picked up from the beginning, like OPM, WT, Arc V, Excorcist and Seraph.your whole logic falls flat.

Besides, people don't want to read Sesuji and Samon in the west, there is no demand for them.

WT was a new sci fi back when they were re branding yes, but according to the letterer it sells decent enough to still enough based on how passionate the entire translation team is, and it certainly doesn't help that Viz pretends that it doesn't exist at every event.

They "picked up" WT, Arc V NOT using the "people vote/we speculate" method. World Trigger was just introduced with no screening process, and everything else is monthlies that shouldn't even be discussed when we're talking about weekly series.

And by that same letterers admission, World Trigger isn't exactly a best-sellier. Of course it isn't, it isn't what audiences here tend to like.

Samon is fun as fuck
Kimetsu no Yaiba is also breddy gud

It seems like Ikoma Squad is going to win here. They've been far to relaxed and there isn't anything that is supposed to be abnormal about them being relaxed.

>I prefer the first translation I saw for Ikoma here which was basically "yeah, nah"

Chippo pretty much had the same thing. I think the scanlator took some liberties to make it sound funnier

Wake up to this

Wat do

I also liked how Spike seemed more casual about having his head cut off in the first scan. Amazing what a change in punctuation can make

I love this page.

I really loved how it made out their team to be super chill and laid back

Maybe. Unless Oji pulls something off before he bails out, it's down to undamaged sniper and undamaged ace vs undamaged sniper, and damaged ace.

That favors Ikoma, but assuming Oji doesn't take anyone with him and Ikoma doesn't somehow steal the kill from Yuma, Oji should be bailing out in seconds, the score is

T-2: 3
Oji: 3
Ikoma: 0

So Ikoma squad would need to take out both Yuma and Chika to win with 4 points. If Ikoma gets Yuma, and Chika bails out safely, the best Ikoma can do is tie with 3 points. If Ikoma gets Yuma, and Chika hides until time is over, Ikoma comes in last with 1 point. So Ikoma has an uphill battle here.

I'm hoping that because Mizukami isn't in his proximity he can go full death Senku tornado

>Thruster ON

He's already doing that. It's amazing that he seems to be capable of leveling the field with just a sword. That's Viza-tier.

Cutting houses is nothing impressive to WT characters(as damage output I mean), the thing is Ikoma's range actually lets him cut more houses than he should be able to.

There's a difference between using explosives to blow up a house and casually cutting down houses with a sword

It's just weird to have to quantify him with other top attackers. His approach to fighting feels much more different.

He kinda seems to be a one trick pony from what we have seen so far.
>Best senkyuu user
>Somewhat average in close quarters

He seemed to hold off Yuma just fine outside the wirezone. He had a hard time with Yuma in the wirezone, but Yuma is megabuffed in the wirezone.

Yuma could probably easily beat Murakami in a wirezone.

user, Rabbits could punch people through city blocks and every B rank shitter could tank those attacks(fucking Osamu tanked one with his shield), yet they get fucked by Kogetsu or any trion sword.

Again, the damage necessary to cut a house is nothing to them, Ikoma can do it easily because he can extend his sword 40 meters which means he can cut like 3 houses in a swing.

Yuma could probably beat Murakami in a wirezone a couple of times and then the difficulty would ramp up.

Yes, but the senku can also cut through a good amount of trion based defenses. It's a 40 meter death whip that you would be lucky to tank and you can't use cover to defer the attack

I get the feeling if Ko ever fights Kuga in the wirezone we'd see some nice dual-wielding. With Raygust thrusting in blade mode to pull him forward, he'd probably be just like Gaston cutting through that African greenery.

thanks, user. could you post togashi x kishimoto interview?

I'm not sure. Murakami supposedly has a limit to how much he can counter through his side effect based on the fact that he is #4 and not #1. Wirezone Yuma is probably too much to handle even if you know his moves.

Thanks for the dumps/links again!

Maybe there's a chance that a Suzunari rematch is in the cards for T2, and we'll be able to see that in action. Aside from Yuba squad, T2 has already fought every squad who is either in the top bracket or anywhere close to it. A rematch with a squad they've faced before has to be inevitable for them.

Yeah but that's my point.

I'm saying that cutting through a house is not the impressive in terms of power but instead range. What's impressive about Ikoma is that he can extend his slash so much

From a story perspective, doesn't it make more sense for T2 to either just barely lose or tie with another squad this match? That way, their inclusion of Hyuse will actually look like they broke past a barrier they previously couldn't.

I could imagine one of the commentators say "... it's too bad they don't have a second Yuma.."

My guess is that Oki will take out Chika and Yuma e Ikoma will bail eachother out simultaneously

The final score being
T-2: 4
Ikoma: 4 / 2 kills and to survival points from Oki
Oji: 3

>I could imagine one of the commentators say "... it's too bad they don't have a second Yuma.."
They pretty much said this last chapter. "T-2 has holes where Yuma can't be."

But yeah, I'm expecting Ikoma to get the points and survival next match.

I think that's exactly what's gonna happen. Right now T2 is able to to hold their own against the upper end of the bracket, but it's not good enough. They'll need that second ace to be able to dominate the way they did vs. Suwa, Arafune, Kakizaki, and Katori squads.