Why would they include bars on the border wall?

Why would they include bars on the border wall?
I would imagine that it just makes it easier for drug smugglers to do their business through the gaps between the bars. Also, this wall could provide support for illegal aliens who try climbing over.
Anyone else think the wall should be flat? A wall should be a wall. Difficult to climb over and impossible to see through.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GTZscYmBXco
youtube.com/watch?v=3MeTM-nUbzo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

2 reasons OP

1. So border agents can see across. This is extremely important for security

2. small animals can come and go as they please

Because muh animals
As far as the drug stuff goes though, they could just toss it over the top

It would remind them of something they can never have.

Being able to see through is a good feature. Ideally it would be a double wall with the outermost wall facing Mexico being somewhat see through and the innermost wall being completely solid with like 50ft in the middle for a road to be patrolled.

both good reasons, but for the drug reasons stated in the OP - if there are bars at all they should only be in select locations.

yeah, gaps just allow drug transfers

>So border agents can see across.
It's honestly unlikely the wall follows the border exactly, so BP could just as easily patrol the Mexican side.

yes this. you could still have bars on both walls too and be just as secure.

Bad design, couldn't withstand a car smashing into it

Because Trump wanted the wall to be transparent so hikers wouldn't accidentally be hit and killed by biant bales of marijuana being catapulted over the wall by Mexicans.

Really.

Yes. The average messican weighs north of 250 pounds and couldn’t slip between the bars.

Okay, the cartels aren't going to be slipping a thousand dimebags through the slits in this well.. They deal in mass product- bushels of weed, kilos of bumps.. They're not gonna sit at the holes and squeeze these things through.. and if they are, it would take them so much longer to get it to the other side.

>Murricans can't fathom the concept of steel cutters

I guess jet fuel can't melt steel beams after all

No one is crossing a desert with 400 kilos of cocaine on their back
Trucks will still smuggle drugs on the road in tires, fuel tanks.

Yeah every illegal is going to grind/cut through a steel I-beam with an industrial grinder or a torch. Big problem.

Depending on the alloy it might be too time consuming to attempt cutting. Plus individual bars could be easily replaced if cut.

>yfw when you have an opinion on the difficultly of climing a wall despite never having climbed anything like it in your life

you dumb fucks, the seethrough parts would be probably in select places that would have border security agents actually seeing through them
You retards act like this design is filled with drug glory holes and imagine drug dealers squeezing their arms through it to deliver drugs to dealers who are already in the country
Jesus Christ its not like the whole distribution network will be coming to the border in broad daylight so it doesn't solve the problem. This kind of wall has absolutely the same utility as the solid concrete wall

the only beings that should be butthurt are the literal desert hawks because they won't be able to corner gerbils easily

We need those big triangular spikes of barbed wire like the Israel wall has to prevent the spics from getting close or putting graffiti on it

>Retards don't know you can cut through concrete with a very similar device

They are admitting that drugs come into the usa from Cali ports

>Plus individual bars could be easily replaced if cut.
Good luck with that in a border that extends thousands of kilometers.

the mexican drug lords are gonna show with little donkeys with freaking laser beams and chop up that wall. jesus christ marie

There are already sections of a wall that are strictly bars.

If they could cut costs from having to tear down existing walls and just throw a wall ontop of the existing wall, costs are cut.

It's all about saving money with these big business. If there is a short cut they can legally take without making the structure less safe, they will do it.

So that immigrants can see the promised land but never go in.

checked

Its going to be sunk into the ground. the bars are for foundation stabilizing

What about the relative cost of the two when scaled out to 2000 miles?

Oh right, this is Sup Forums, nobody understands jew concepts like costs and money and the deficit.

do you forget theres gonna be 2 layers of wall with a road in the middle?

>Why would they include bars on the border wall?
Animal passage.

Maybe it's so small animals can get through? Wild dogs and deer would be screwed though.

I am perfectly willing to let Mexican desert critters through ... it's just the humans who are dangerous.

>Take boat or flight to America or even pass legally through the border

>Never go back

What's the point in the wall? Psychological?

user use your eyes. A human can't fit through the gaps.

There are daily patrols in a lot of sections my dude. Not that hard to have an outpost every 100-200 miles to just drive the border every day and send up work orders.

its so you can see the other side. the top prevents people from climbing over and is high enough that if they got to the top they would injure them self if they drop down

We can build lists of people not allowed to fly to the US or cross at the border. You're also greatly underestimating the foot traffic from mexico

>small animals can come and go as they please
like anchor babbys? Not good enough, I want my wall solid,

Some sections will be like this for migratory animals to cross.

>anyone saying it's for animal passage
fucking brainlets die

Without the bars you would still be able to simply throw the drugs over the wall. You could even use a drone to transport it over.

A baby has to be born in a US hospital to be an anchor baby, so you can't just lass one through the slots.

what if they squeeze one out between the bars?

it's to allow small animals to migrate and to allow patrol officers to see onto the other side

Drones, sensors, patrols, cameras, guard towers. There are plenty of things to spot you before you even before you get to the wall let alone an hour of grinding.

Would be difficult to prove

he doesnt understand the ways of subtle smothering
>one must give enemy a glimpse of paradise before providing high speed projectile to his temple

these bars will allow border patrol to see shitskins trying to hop the fence easier than if it was solid. Fucking nigger brain.

It's not like the wall is the exact border between the countries. There's probably a lot of space outside the wall that is still USA territory

less material, easier to go deeper in the ground with bars to make tunneling under that much harder too for way less work

i don't man, there would probably be a shit ton of livestreams

Just need two of these and it's as easy as that

I can't even imagine being so desperate that I live stream shitting my child through the bars of a foreign border hoping to get welfare. If these people spent half the amount of effort just making Mexico decent they woulnd't have to deal with this shit.

It would totally happen tho

Perhaps to some extent this would happen. But importantly, it would be difficult and dangerous for women, especially pregnant women. Plus it doesn't look like you could rest at the top

Honestly, the point of the wall is to fulfill a campaign promise. That’s about it. He said he would, and nobody likes a leader who looks toothless and impotent.

please explain why 2

The amount of drugs you could slip through those bars is extremely irrelevant compared to the massive amount smuggled through vehicles and ships.

Try smuggling 100s of pounds of drugs through those cracks. It would take forever and you would get caught.

Those bars would not make climbing over it easier. The wall will be also be patrolled.

The drug can be thrown over the wall i think.
So the reasons of first post are still better

to be able to haul his fat arse

>flag
OY VEY PALESTINIAN GOY HOW DARE YOU

>illegal mexicans will lug a generator with them across the desert

the steel bars are being filled with concrete

I still think it should be built reglardless of how well it works. If it fails horribly they'll have to do other things.

I just know for a fact that if I had a Mexican passport and a car I'd just drive through the border or go on a plane.

Personally, I prefer the solid designs. But any of them will work fine. The people saying one of them will be easy to climb over / cut through / drive through / dig under / etc., only prove they've never tried to do anything of the sort themselves.

>grinders cant cut through concrete beams

Is this the birth of a new meme?
They can cut through concrete dumbass

Its for some of the flash flood areas, that way the water can go through it without damaging the walls.

It's been tried here, it is a failure m8

>not doing it under budget and in a week.

youtu.be/GTZscYmBXco

>the wall will stop people from illegally walking or driving over the US border and keep them from easily violating US sovereignty
>b-but it won't stop people from entering legally, flying over it, and just staying
>why have a border wall at all, haha?

>why put a security fence around a prison? The prisoners can just burrow under it, cut it with bolt cutters, climb over it, and escape
>why even have it there, it can be defeated, huge waste of money
>just let them wander around outside, if they want to escape they're going to do it anyways so why bother

>this suit of armor will protect you from swords, daggers, and arrows, but a warhammer will probably still kill you
>fuck it then why even wear this shit, I'll go into battle nude

People making the whole 'durr they can fly over lol' argument are brain dead.

First, I want you to take a deep look at this pic. Second, you can build a wall, a monitored border is a safe and wise investments, but a wall alone isn't going to stop these people from coming, it is like closing your door while the neighborhood on fire and say that shit won't get me. A wall alongside ending the war on drugs, supporting economic growth in central America, and foster other methods to help alleviate the difficulties these nations with cooperation with their government might actually lead to less people coming over, and it will certainly lead to better trade and economic growth for both of you.

solution : make it slippery af

so the spics have a harder time putting graffiti on it

Fucking hilarious mental image

Fuck large animals

Amerifats: literally so stupid, they have to build prototypes of a "wall." You know, the simplest possible structure in the world to build. Fucking retards.

The wall won't keep them from illegally entering the US, but it sure puts a damper on it. Just like a prison security fence won't necessarily prevent determined convicts from escaping, the wall only acts as a deterrent to otherwise effortless violation of our borders.

Mexico has plenty of opportunity to become a great nation, but it's being raped to death by its shitty government and crime cartels, which are in turn funded by drugs/blackmarket. If we decriminalized drugs almost entirely, we'd nearly wipe out the entire drug cartel empire in South America in a matter of months.

NAFTA is also raping their nation for profit (usually for the profit of American based corporations, like Ford and Cocacola). Enforce a tax on imports from Mexico to encourage them to stop shilling to Amerifats. Counter-intuitively, if you make it difficult for some sleazy fuck CEO from the states to do business in Mexico, their nation would likely see more resources dedicated toward their own economy rather than the global economy which basically turns Mexico's workforce into slaves.

Lots of ways to fix it, but who has the balls to fuck status quo in the ass and live?

> kilos of bumps

Kekd

and while you are at it, add sharks with laser beams on them

>drug smugglers to do their business through the gaps between the bars
these will be 2 walls, separated by a few meters

I still think a wall without economic and social vision of cooperation with central american countries is bound to fail.

Yes Trump explaied it well, if you can't see the drug lord tossing drugs over the top it will land on your head and 30lbs bag of drugs can kil u

It's a good first step. It must be followed up by more action, however, otherwise it's just 'there'.

Wall goes up, decriminalize drugs, end of NAFTA, tax on imports. Now, Mexico's people need to fuck their worthless puppet government in the ass. The people can prosper, but we gotta stop making it easy for our sleazy corporate pigs to rape them for labor.

>2. small animals can come and go as they please
but that's what they're trying to prevent in the first place?

The wall is to slow the Mexican Army crossing the border after global warming makes Mexico uninhabitable.

Well for one thing, by building a solid wall, water that falls in the US will remain in the US instead of flowing down the small streams of the border. This would inevitably cause Mexico to claim the US is violating water treaties it's made in the past with Mexico and the Supreme Court would then end up ruling that the wall has to be torn down or otherwise changed in order to allow the water to flow through. Some sort of storm-drain-like opening doesn't necessarily work to solve this problem since it'd become a weak point on the wall where it's easier to cut through.

Also, using a combination of bars and flat wall helps to cut down on material cost.

>(((global warming)))

In addition to the aforementioned benefits, it makes it harder to pile dirt against the Wall. You can still build a berm but the Wall won't be of as much assistance as a solid wall.

>"Ok guys, just fire it up!"
>BBZZZZTT WHIIRRRR
>JUST ONE MORE HOUR OF GRINDING IF THE BATTERY DOESN'T GIVE OUT OR NOBODY HEARS US!
>WHAT?!
>I SAID..OH SHIT THEY FOUND US!

kek

That's not how it works retard.

I am not well versed in American economic deals with Mexico to whether say doing what you just said will bad or good. For the sake of the conversation I am going to assume it is good. However, don't you think it is better to discuss this issue like this in a civilized manner outlining the steps, the negatives, and the positives. Listening to the other side, compromise for a solution instead of this ad hominem bullshit and identity politics that for any outsiders make Americans look like a bunch of retards.

>liberal tears XXDDD
>racis nazi facissss DXXX
>gommmiess jews will nod reblase us XD)

Seriously, people you need therapy. And this is coming from someone in the middle east.

What about big animals, like a monkey?
Asking for a friend.

Are you retarded?

>JUST ONE MORE HOUR

Have you ever sat foot in a welding shop?
>youtube.com/watch?v=3MeTM-nUbzo

It takes a few min max m8

we're talking about USA/Mexico, not about Brazil...

I'm not sure where you're coming from on this.

As things are currently, there can be no resolution that doesn't fuck the US and leave Mexico a dump that everybody flees from. US corporate profiteering is what's really killing their nation. Our corporations use the Mexican people as slaves, pay them almost nothing. Their government oppresses them and allows violent drug cartels to run the nation and kill anyone that gets in their way.

I would love to see Mexico and its people prosper as a nation. Letting their people flood into our country, unabated, solves nothing, and the same violence and poverty that rapes their nation will never end unless something is actually done. Corporate globalism is a cancer on the human race and must be given a swift kick to the nuts if we are to ever see Mexico become a prosperous nation.

>>gommmiess jews will nod reblase us XD)
that is exactly what's happening though
how tf is Palestine not jew-aware???

People just walk to the border of Mexico 400 miles away from most advanced cities to obtain drugs?
The wall would be effective with or without bars. More determined traffickers are not gonna be phased either way.

Also for drainage type situations. Better to let rain water pass through, than to have it all puddle up against either side of the wall.

gaps alow drugs to be passed through