Anime Original comes out

>Anime Original comes out
>It becomes very popular
>It gets a sequel cour/series
>It's noticeably worse

Why does this always happen? I genuinely can't think of a single good sequel, while I can think of a bunch that end up mucking everything up and damaging the original good series by existing.

Birdy the Mighty: Decode wasn't that popular but its second season was undeniably better than the first.

Also please don't post AO, I would rather not be reminded that it exists.

>Why does this always happen?
Because of probability:
Allow me to introduce you to mathematics:
Given that there is a 90% chance for any anime to be bad, we can conclude that out of 10 anime, 9 will suck.
You watch that last anime (the good one), you like it.
It gets a sequel.
But, as we have established, there is a 90% chance for anime to be bad.
Good anime with a good sequel have a probability of 1%.
The probability for a good anime to have a bad sequel is 90%.
Bad anime with good sequels can be disregarded because you will never get past the first season.

>Bad anime with good sequels
Does this happen?

Space Dandy 2nd season was better

In theory yes, but how would you ever know?

I don't think it counts when the two seasons are planned from the beginning. That's pretty much the same as a two cour show with a rest in-between.

Because there are people that watch literally every series that comes out.

What, are they not gonna tell anyone?

Deep.

>Birdy the Mighty: Decode wasn't that popular but its second season was undeniably better than the first
Not it wasn't, also you're a retard.

Not an actual second season.

Would you say that geass S2 counts as a sequel? They did give it it's own subtitle but I'm also not convinced that literally any part of that show was planned more than a week in advance

Bible: New testament is better than Old Testament.

>Would you say that geass S2 counts as a sequel?
Definitely not. The seasons are more like part 1 and part 2 of the same anime.

>I'm also not convinced that literally any part of that show was planned more than a week in advance
Memes and more memes, Geass was pretty consistent with where it was going from the start.

>I'm also not convinced that literally any part of that show was planned more than a week in advance
That's because you don't understand how anime is made.

Because bones has a shitty record of making sequels. Look at dtb2.

>I genuinely can't think of a single good sequel
Girls und Panzer movie

I hate /ak/, so I've got nowhere to discuss the movie, but it's phenomenal. One of the best things to come out of anime in years.

New Testament is just a collection of letters a bunch of fags sent each other, it's nothing but world building and really small feats. Old Testament is where the real shit happens.

R2 is definitely a different season, it's a different production than the first one altogether.

>Have to wait every 2-3 years for that one Anime original that gets everyone hyped.

Ikuara or Imaishi please save us.

>Anime Original
This happens with other shows too. Oregairu and Haganai for example.

>dtb2
I didn't know Darker than Black had a sequel. I can't find it anywhere, are you sure you're not just hallucinating?