Storytime: Konjiki no Gash!! AKA Zatch Bell: Volume 8

Continuing my dump of Gash bell.

Gash bell is a Shonen action/comedy series by Makoto Raiku. The basic plot premise is that there are 100 kids from the demon world who come into the normal world to fight until only 1 is left standing, who is crowned king;

I'll be making a thread every day (can't give a specific consistent time of day yet due to IRL bullshit) and will post 1 volume every day until the whole run is posted.

Opening 1: youtube.com/watch?v=I0Ir4LL9Bkc

Previous threads:
Volume 1: Volume 2: Volume 3: Volume 4: Volume 5: Volume 6: Volume 7:

Other urls found in this thread:

n-u-l-l.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=rJTbtq0aOYI
youtube.com/watch?v=OzzHxoO72SM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>FAQ:

>Why should I be interested?
It has really fantastic art, good humor, great tactical fight's with great choreography and is really excellent at utilizing both positive and negative emotions for FEELS; admittedly the series is a little rough untill arc 2 rolls around where all the above really shines; the art in particular.

>Where are your scans from?
NULL's release. their site is here: n-u-l-l.net/ and they can also be found on bato.to and mangasaurus. EBJ has superior digital volumes for sale on their site, but they are japanese only, I'll be buying and ripping them eventually. There's also some really amazing quality Portuguese scans, but only for like 20 chapters halfway into the series, and, you know, aren't in english.

A-Destiny has really amazingly high res scans in english for the last 3 volumes, but they aren't publically available anywhere right now other then the last 3 volumes as jpgs on otakusmash, and the translation is generally nost as good as NUll's I feel in most cases. They also have 18-30, but thye quality isn't much better then Null's and the translation is still iffy.

>Isn't Zatch bell that kiddy pokemon ripoff?
You probably saw the localized anime. The anime is pretty not great, and the localization is fucking terrible. The manga is way better, but even it admittedly starts out only above average untill it gets into the second arc.

FORSHADOWING

I encourage you to post and respond to stuff as i'm dumping pages. It's far more fun for me while dumping if I see other people reacting to stuff that's happening and there' conversations I can reply to.

HOWEVER, please do not post images till I finish so the image limit isn't hit before then, and use your judgement for how often you post/how long what you are posting is. Don't overdo it.

I'm getting Haré + Guu flashbacks.

They're always covered in blood xD

Beautiful.

I love this series.

This was my shit. Only got up to Gash v his brother years ago and then stopped for some reason. Is it worth starting over again?

youtube.com/watch?v=rJTbtq0aOYI
youtube.com/watch?v=OzzHxoO72SM
The localization openings were great.

why is whoopi goldberg from sister act in my manga?

Definitely. Although be careful about spoilers and stuff.

Yes, it's worth re-reading and finishing.

It's these kinds of spoilers in the first few threads that made me stop coming to these threads and just marathon the whole manga this weekend.

delete this

How did you like it?

At least top 3 shounen. And unlike what I saw some people say in some of the threads here, I think the ending arc with Clear Note was necessary, ending at Faudo would have been weird. Also, I love how near the end they're just spamming overly long spell names + demon names, take some of these pages out of context and it's all a bunch of funny sounding nonsense.

Rude

fuck

>the ending arc with Clear Note was necessary, ending at Faudo would have been weird

I agree, and I think the clear note arc in general is underrated. It's not as good as the 2 arcs before it, but it's not bad, and the art and fight choreography is really stellar.

For what it's worth, that spoiler means almost nothing out of context, so even if you unfortunately read it, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

this is the end
it was fun everyone

Also forgot to say, huge spoilers: Answer-talker is bullshit, Baou is badass but bullshit, and nepotism is bullshit, there was no way Sherry could compete no matter how much she trained. Brago was robbed and should have won.

I'd be fine with answer talker if they at least related it whatever apollo had.

The golden book is incredibly bullshit, but it was super hype so I don't mind.

The worst mamado appears!

DON'T MESS WITH THIS NUN

finally got to be in a thread as they're going. Thanks OP for dumping one of my personal top3 manga.

UMAGON 4 LYFE

This is one of my favorite pages of the whole series.

Golden book and answer-talker were cool to take out an overpowered last boss, I'm fine with that. But even after that fight Gash had Zeon's power, Baou, the mantle and Kiyomaro's special snowflake bullshit ability, all handed to them and none earned. Take all that away and Brago would have won (probably), so to me he was robbed.

To be fair, Brago had his "special training" that keith talked about

I'm just gonna wait a month until you get there and we can discuss the ending with everyone without spoiler tags.

I love running.

DON'T MESS WITH THIS JAPANESE IDOL!

RULES OF NATURE!

I'd say that both baou and answer talker were "earned. Sure the spell itself was only inherited because gash was the king's son, but it was only because of gash being as noble as he was that he was able to purify the spell.
answer talker might seem like bullshit just given to kiyo to make him more powerful, but he's at least not the only human with the power, nor is it the only time a human has had a special power, and for the super smart kiyo answer talker was a cool upgrade. Plus he had to die for it.
as for the mantle and zeon's power...yeah i guess that's kind of bullshit.

Hey OP.

I'm a little busy right now, so I can't read the thread, but keep going strong.

I ship it

>GashxTio
Basic as fuck, post crack ships

ApolloxSherry here

But Apollo loves Kiyomaro

Look at the man. He practically oozes homo

>implying those two aren't both gay
Sure they might get married, but only because they are both from wealthy families that demand it of them.

nah SherryxDufort

You're pretty stupid aren't you.

WOMBO COMBO'D

It's what Sherry needs. Going from one insufferable loner with a superiority complex to another.

Megumi x Unko Tintin